Until You're Mine

By writergxrll

Isabella Young packed up her life in the city that never sleeps in an attempt to escape the buzz of New York... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35

Chapter 32

2.4K 90 13
By writergxrll

"I'm back," I shout, as I waddle through the side door that leads into the madness that is the garage. "And I've brought lunch."

Simon slides out from underneath the red Toyota, an amused, yet, frustrated look on his face.   "You really are like a bad smell, I just can't get rid of."

I place a hand on over my heart, not able to hide my amusement. "Well maybe if you hadn't have forced me to take my leave from work, I wouldn't be annoying your ass everyday."

"I'm pretty sure they would have hauled you out of there if I hadn't." He deadpans.

I shrug, tossing his lunch towards him. He catches it with ease. "I'm eight months pregnant, but that doesn't stop me from being bored out of my mind at home all day."

"You spend all day at home?" Hayden pops out from behind his desk, the top of which can't be seen with the mess. "I thought you spent all day here."

"You guys are hilarious." I pass Hayden his food, and take my usual seat to ease the tension in my back.

Months have passed since Simon and I got back from New York. Since then we've got a pretty good routine going. Simon now occupies the spare room in my house full time, and we've got a good friendship going. Obviously the whole 'love' bomb hasn't just disappeared, but in the interest of a healthy relationship, I'm forgetting about it and blaming my attraction towards him on pregnancy hormones.

Doesn't make watching girls flirting with him any easier.

And no ones exactly jumping to flirt with an eight months pregnant, emotionally taken, blonde.

In the meantime, Simon and I cleared out one of my storage rooms and designed a gender neutral nursery for the baby. Olivia and Abi helped me paint on their respective days off, while Simon was busy getting his business off the ground and right now his hard work has paid off. 

"You taking lunch?" I ask Simon, when he doesn't get up from his current position.

"Once I get this finished."

"And you say I'm the work addict." I roll my eyes, playfully.

Simon laughs and with a shake of his head, he rolls back underneath the Toyota. With no more talk, the garages silence is consumed by both Simon and Harrison doing their separate tasks.

My phone ringing a few minutes later pulls my attention from my salad bowl.

"Hey," I put the phone to my ear, after seeing Liv's name flashing on my screen. "What's up?"

"Not much." Comes Liv's response. "Theo and I were thinking of having a barbecue tonight if you and Simon want to come."

"Sounds good to me." I take a sip of water. "Can't promise I'll be much fun though. All I do lately is complain."

"You? Complain?" Her evident sarcasm makes me laugh. "I'll let you off scotch free because I'm an amazing aunt already."

"That you are." I mean the words. Simons been amazing helping me through the pregnancy, but some things I couldn't talk to him about, like my complicated feelings toward him per se. "Want time will we come over?"

"Let's say seven, and everyone might make it for eight."

I laugh. "That might be wishful thinking on your behalf."

"Don't I know." There's unintelligible noise in the background. "So I'll see you then?"

I hum my agreement. "Nine on the dot."

Olivia laughs. "You're an idiot. Gotta go, bye babes."

"Later."

**✿❀ ❀✿**

Simon whistles as I stroll into the living room, a few hours later. "My baby mama is looking good."

I glance at the summer dress, that I paired with a white cardigan, shoes and red bag. My hair is loose and my makeup is as glam as I could muster, which is not very glam at all.

"Thank you." I offer him a small smile, but grimace as I attempt to sit down. "Your baby mama can't feel her back." I pause. "Or can. That's the problem."

Simon tugs me closer, using the pads of his hands to massage the tense spots he's come to know in my back.

"You look good too, by the way." I hum, my eyes closed from the sensation. "It's nice for a change."

Simon laughs, his voice rough. "My grease stained overalls don't get you all hot and heavy?"

"Oh, they do." I murmur, a smirk he can't see making its way to my lips. "They feature in my dreams nightly."

Simons hand freezes but only for a second, before he regains his composure, but I still revel in my victory. He's wearing black jeans, a white t-shirt and a brown coat. His signature aftershave surrounds us, and his wavy hair looks the perfect length to tug.

Twenty minutes later, Simon cuts the engine outside Olivia and Theo's house. A few minutes, and tugs out of the car, from Simon later, we're walking through the side gates of their house.

"And the parents to be finally decided to make an appearance." Abi grins from her place behind the barbecue.

"Had to make sure I wouldn't be roped into using my amazing culinary skills, sorry babes." I stick my tongue out at her, dropping into one of the garden chairs that surrounds a massive marble table.

Liv scoffs. "You've went to culinary school since I last was at your place?"

"The bolognese wasn't that bad."

"But it was." Simon grins. He slips into the seat beside Hayden. Harrison, Charlie and Theo are sitting across from them, all of them sporting a beer.

I roll my eyes, but the smile on my face ruins my attempt at acting annoyed.

Abi groans after a few seconds. "Barbecuing is boring, someone else can have a go." She walks towards me. "Wanna go join Liv, Tammy and Layla in the girls corner?"

"Only if you pull me out of this seat."

"Anything for you, m'lady."

"So, how's everything at work?" I ask, during the short stroll towards the L-shaped outdoor couch that the girls are lounging on.

Abi groans. "I'm missing my partner in crime. Who knew long shifts aren't as fun when you can't complain or cause trouble."

I laugh and rub my bump. "Well sitting around and waiting for this one to join us, isn't as fun as I thought either. I just want to meet them already."

Abi laughs. "You've never been one for patience."

"That's for sure."

"How's my favourite nephew or niece?" Liv places her hand on my stomach, once I sit down beside her.

"Happy to be here, if the kicks are anything to go by." I inform her.

"You look amazing." Layla smiles. "Eight months pregnant and you still can look like that? I strive to be like that when it's my turn."

I grin. "Thanks babe. I feel like I've been lazy as hell recently, so the plans were my kick in the butt to get moving."

"My soon-to-be two year old can keep you moving anytime you want." Tammy laughs.

"Maybe my sedentary lifestyle isn't as bad as I thought."

We all laugh.

"Foods ready." Theo shouts, having taken over Abi's spot at the barbecue.

The girls get up, but Simon gestures for me to stay sitting and I appreciate that he knows that I've done enough walking for awhile. A few minutes later, he sits into the seat beside me.

"I didn't know what you'd be feeling, so I brought options." He places the array of burgers, hotdogs and sausages on the table in front of us. "And there's no mustard in sight."

I laugh, even the smell of mustard has me running for the bathroom at the minute. "You're too good to me."

Simon turns his head so that he's looking directly into my eyes. One side of his mouth tilts, accentuating his dimple. "You're too good for me."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.5K 31 20
Twelve years ago, he drove away with my heart in his hands. I've moved on since then. Or so I thought. Growing up in a small town, there weren't too...
131 10 18
So 'Partners in Crime' is about a boy in love who loves this girl who happens to become his partner because she does the same things as him. They bot...
47.6K 1.6K 18
*Sequel to Inevitable Moments* Not many people get second chances in life. And if you do, what would you do with it if it was another chance at love...
46.5K 2.8K 51
COMPLETED❤ 18+⚠️ Isabella Jennings is not having the greatest year. First, she breaks up with her boyfriend of 3 years, then her friend encourages he...