Project Coffee

By olyanj

Katie and Alex, a world of difference between the two of them. Katie holding down the fort at home with her... More

nulla
i
ii
iii
iv
v
vi
vii
viii
ix
x
xi
xii
xiii
xiv
xv
xvi
xvii
xviii
xx
xxi
xxii
xxiii
xxiv
xxv
xxvi
xxvii
xxviii
xxix
xxx
xxxi

xix

112 7 0
By olyanj

At this point I feel like every time I update I add/change a character...

     Anyways!

       My head tells me Victoria justice plays a better version of Katie Serrora, not that there is something wrong with Daniela who originally played her!

   Idk!
      Enjoy!
             -  Anj

Chapter 19:

"If going to school on a Sunday is your idea of a hang out,then I don't want to know what you do while your not getting your ass beat."I walk along side him as we make our way towards the courtyard of our school.

"Well your in luck,cause my idea of fun is anywhere where I can spend time with you."He smirks looking nice down at me while I look up at him.

"How romantic."I roll my eyes keeping my arms practically strapped around myself.I had thought 'the weather seems to be getting it shit together so what's the problem in walking outside in a wool sweater'.A move I'm instantly regretting when we stepped outside of Alex's car.

"We could be one of those star couples,you know?"He asks chuckling like the idea of us actually being a couple amused him.

"How cliche would that be?"I laugh along ignoring the heat tingling around my jawline.Just friends.I remind myself.Always just friends.

"How so?"He asks sitting on the metal table top when we reach the court yard.

"We used to be friends."I remind him.

"I recall that part."

"If we dated it would be like a quarter of the teen fiction stories out there."I laugh hating to admit how adorable the cliche actually was.

"What's so bad about cliches?"He asks as I take a seat next to his spot.

"Aside from the fact they have no originality and are way overused."I pretend to think before I hear him laugh.

"You have a way with always thinking of the pessimistic side of things."He laughs.

"No I don't."I argue.

"Cliches are over used because they tend to be the most affectionate thing a person can think to do."Alex explains."Being in a cliche doesn't mean you suck at being original it just means you--"He thinks for a minute."It means-"He stops again squinting his eyes in the distance.

"Well?"I ask waiting for him to go on.

"You're right."He finally says."Cliches are shit."

"Well you seem to change your mind quick."I snicker.

"And you're still a pessimistic brat."He rolls his eyes humorously.

"Been that say since 99'"I answer remarkably.

"I don't think people are born hating the world."He thinks out loud.

"Maybe I'm one of a kind."I wink playfully.

"Is that supposed to be a good thing?"He laughs.

"Shut up,stupid."I laugh rolling my eyes.

"If I'm stupid,then what are you?"Alex asks continue on with the playful atmosphere.

"No idea."I laugh.

"What happened here?"He asks me after taking my hand in his.I look to see where he was staring and see his gaze locked on my palm.

The pad of his index finger traces around the scab lining my thumb to my wrist.

  "I don't remember."I respond not wanting to admit I am incapable of cutting an apple at two a.m..

"Did you wake up with it?"He asks his finger continuing its journey around my cut.

"No,"I respond.

"Was it a knife?"He asks.

"Yes,"I feel a blush creep up my neck at his question.He nods his head in an understanding  not pushing it any further.

  We stay there for an hour,talking about what felt like everything about how we've changed to how our week was spent.

  "That one looks like a bunny."I point up at the cloud as it moves slowly.Alex and I were both laying on the table now letting the cold sensation tingle our skin.Wed been like this for a good five minutes watching the clouds pass above our heads.

"It looks more like a flaccid penis."Alex argues staring at the cloud I was pointing to.

"Where do you see a dick?"I ask.

"Cock your head to the right."He commands and I listen.I shift my head so I'm looking at the bunny cloud from the right side.

"Huh,it does look a dysfunctional dick."I agree."But if you look straight up at it you see a bunny."

"That one looks like a sea shell!"Alex point to one a good three clouds after our penis bunny cloud.

"What kind of sea shell looks at that?"I ask scuffing my eyebrows trying to find a why how the small cloud represented a shell to him.

"Those weird tube like shells that you can hear the ocean through."Alex explains thinking of the name.

"You mean a conch shell?"I ask trying to keep down the laughter building in my chest.

"Yeah those shits."He chuckles before his eyes trail after the cloud as it moved across the sky.

"I need to get going."I respond something in my head clicking me back into the real world."my shift starts in ten minutes."I go to say.Normally I would be there almost an hour early but not today.

"I'll drive you there."Alex offers.

"You don't need to you can just take me home and I'll get there myself."I explain not wanting him to do more then he has to.

"I'll drive you to work."He insists."You'll be late if I don't"I nod my head caving in before we both leave the table and make our way to his car.

The drive stays silent as I keep my head turned toward my window.

It was when Alex's hand came to rest over my hand that I turned to look at him.

With one hand on stirring wheel and the other being held in mine.

"Do you remember when you thought it would be fun to sign us both of us up for summer camp?"He asks chuckling lightly.

"It was a good idea."I correct him.

"You weren't the one that ended up with ants in their briefs."He argues.

"Maybe if you would've showered like a normal person then,you wouldn't have attracted ants."I argue back.

"Maybe I would have showered if I hadn't seen a huge ass spider my first night there!"He laughs out again.

"I killed that spider for you!"I laugh like he was remembering how freaked out twelve year old Alex honestly was.

"What if came back from the dead?!"He argues as he makes a turn for an exit that'll lead us to the outskirts of town where my job was.

"You mean like a zombie spider?"I ask him laughing at him.

"Do you know how creepy that shit is?!"He exclaims his grip on my hand getting tighter.Before he hits a red light and stops.Just in time with the text alert on his phone going off.

"Zombie spiders would be epic though!"I disagree."can you imagine how big the evolutionary turn would be?"

"You have a weird way of thinking."He laughs letting go of my hand to check his phone."guess I'd end up at your coffee shop whether I drove you there or not."

"Are your friends waiting for you?"I ask just as he lands on the block where I worked stood.

"They aren't my friends."He says his tone shifting into complete seriousness before answering my question."but they are waiting for me."

"Cool."I respond not thinking of anything else to say.

Alex and I enter the coffee shop together and I instantly spot Michelle running back and forth between the counter to the tables.I feel Alex's hand tighten his hold on my hand and look where his eye are locked only to spot the two men from last time sitting in their usual spot.I catch them looking right back at us and feel the hairs on the back of my neck rise.

"Katie."Michelle calls when she sees me while passing by on a way to deliver an order."Thank goodness your here."She smiles."This place is getting so crowded I'm suffocating."She lowers her voice so only we hear and laughs.

"I'll go change."I laugh as she passes by before turning to Alex and speaking to him."I'll catch you later."I send him a smile trying to slip my hand away from his.

"Alex."I softly say his name hoping my voice kept up with the commanding tone I hope it had.

He looks down at me easing an eyebrow in a devilish fashion.

"Let go of my hand."I tell him.

"What if I don't want to?"He plays while we stand in the middle of the shop.

"You don't really have a choice,"I respond hoping he'll getting the message and realize under what circumstances we were in.

"That doesn't mean I have to let go."

"It kinda does."I roll my eyes at him only now sensing how close we two had gotten.My chest only inches from his while he looked down at me and I stood on the tips of my toes to look him in the eye,our faces mere centimeters apart.

"Make me."His voice dangerously low my heart sent racing as my gut told me to do the most insane thing possible.

"Real funny."I fake a laugh stepping away from him so the distance between us was greater.

  ☕️

I let out a yawn feeling my stomach muscles tighten and my arms stretch on their own.I looked around the café in hopes that someone would need something and would need my help.

My eyes wandered back to where Alex and his not friends sat.I was about to look away from them when I caught sight of an envelope being slid across the table where Alex was sitting.

Alex looks almost enraged at the sight of the envelope his eyebrows raised as if to say 'you can't be serious'His jaws tighten as keeps himself from throwing doing something he'll regret.

He snatches the envelope off the table not bothering to look inside of it before tucking it away in his pocket.He grumbles something his eyes still ice cold while he keep his gaze locked in the men sat in front of him.

The men laugh just the looks of their laughter was sickening on its own.Before one of then says something and Alex and them stand up.

One of the men says to Alex."We aren't done yet."I hear him say.Are they gonna send they're knuckles flying at Alex's face?What the hell?

"Katie,"I hear Michelle call my name and turn to look at her moving my gaze from the table.

"I need you to take out the trash,that shit is piling and I'm lazy"Michelle laughs out giving me an excuse.

  "Fine,but you owe me."I laugh before making my way to the back where I spot the duffel trash bag.

  "Katie!"Benny cheers when he sees me. "what's re you doing back here?"He asks while continuing to flip pancakes on one stove before flipping patties on another stove.

  "I need to throw out the trash."I say laughing at his excitement.

"Hey!My coking isn't that bad."He jokes around shifting his stance to flip the patties on the other stove.

"I meant the literal trash Benny."I laugh picking up the black back and swinging it over my shoulder.

I enter the ally way quietly not wanting to encounter any raccoon on my way to throw out garbage when I hear the silent bickering. I quietly make me way closer to where the sound was coming from not sure if I could risk getting seen. I hide behind the dumpster after putting the trash bag inside the dumpster and listen.

"You can't tell him about her."I knew Alex's voice to well to not be able to recognize his voice.

"I don't work for you, Alex,"One of the men back at the coffee shop speaks I'm assuming. "I work for him and my job is to tell him about everything you do and who you spend time with. "The man almost sounds sorry about what was going on.

"She needs to be kept away from this,"Alex argues his voice silent and his tone duplicating the other mans."If he finds out about her,it'll only make it harder for me to get out of the system. "The desperation was clear in his voice.

"The best you can do for her and yourself right now is staying away from her,man." The other man speaks.

"Johnny,you need to understand,once you tell him about my girl. He'll come after her and I can't let that happen." Alex holds up his ground while I continue holding the trash ago over my shoulder. "you can't tell him."

"Even if I didn't tell him,Max will." Johnny tells him. "I understand what you're going through,trust me." Johnny's voice holding a saddening feeling to it that made my guts twist in uncomfortable ways.

"And all I can tell you know is you need to keep her away to keep her safe."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

739K 23.2K 47
[TW: This book contains strong language and scenes that others may find uncomfortable to read. | Also note that this was made by a 13-year-old so don...
1.7M 41.2K 54
Every Girl wants a bad boy to be good only for her and that's exactly what Hadley got. *** Hadley didn't think much of it when she couldn't make any...
7.4K 161 32
*From Best Friends To Worst Enemies* "You really think you stand a chance Badboy?" I snorted. "You tell me." He had the audacity to smirk as I stood...
24.3M 1.1M 70
"I didn't ask to be in the middle of your ego-battle," I grumble. Blake pins me to my locker, hands resting on either side of my head. "Well, you got...