Sing •Ricky Wilson•

By obsessedxmuch

Innocent Angela White befriends Kaiser Chiefs frontman and dreamy blue-eyed coach of The Voice UK, Ricky Wils... More

Chapter One ・The Arrival
Chapter Two ・The Stage
Chapter Three ・Celebration
Chapter Four ・Just Us
Chapter Five ・Wine
Chapter Six ・Will's Dressing Room
Chapter Seven ・The Hotel
Chapter Eight ・T-Shirts
Chapter Nine ・Morning
Chapter Ten • Night Out
Chapter Eleven • Coming Home
Chapter Twelve • Rehearsals
Chapter Fourteen • The Rematch
A/N
Chapter Fifteen • Coffee

Chapter Thirteen • The Battle Rounds

834 26 9
By obsessedxmuch

The Battle Rounds went surprisingly smoothly. My expectations of hating to work alongside Michelle were shattered when I realized she was actually a nice person. Well, she was still a little bitchy occasionally but it wasn't anything too unbearable. We worked through a few sessions of craziness and stripped the song down to a polished and pleasant version.

No one had managed to grass on me and Ricky yet. Besides Stevie and Michelle, the others had started to suggest a romantic tension between us during rehearsals. We very nearly got caught when we were making out behind the piano and Trisha and Ben opened the door. But we quickly diverted to separate areas of the room before they entered.

On the night of the event, I snook past security in my comfy white playsuit and black heels to Ricky's dressing room. Without even knocking I opened the door and saw him trying eagerly to select an outfit of his own, dressed already in a casual cream-colored top and grey sweatpants. I shut the door quickly and grinned as he turned around, clutching one of his customary waistcoats.
"Angela?" He said, slightly confused.
"Hiya. Just wanted to drop by before the show starts to tell you something." I answered.
He raised an eyebrow. "Hm?"
"It's just that... If Michelle sings better than me... You have to send me home."
He opened his mouth to speak but I cut him off. "If she clearly wins the battle I want you to keep her on your team, okay? However, it also works the other way. If I sing better, send me through." I sighed. "What I'm saying is - be honest with your decision. I don't care if I go home. To be honest, it would kinda speed up this whole..." I gestured with my hands wildly. "Whatever this is, that's going on between us. I mean, wouldn't that be what we've wanted?" I continued.
He paused for a moment. "No."
"Huh?"
"Well, obviously, I want to be with you. But I need to focus on the competition right now. So I'll put the better singer through. Don't worry." He said. I nodded.
"Okay." I sighed, taking a breath of relief. He eyed me up and down and moved closer.
"I like your outfit." He said with a smirk. "But... It could do with a few adjustments..."
He slid his hand up to the zip on the back of my playsuit. He was about to pull down when I pushed my back against the door and stopped him.
"Not a chance." I declared, laughing.
He rolled his eyes. "After the show?" He asked, the hope in his tone causing a smile to form.
"Nah." I replied, opening the door.
"Where are you off to? It's a while till filming." He acknowledged.
"Hm, well, I better get going. Leave you to get ready." I said, placing my hand on his chest and tugging at his clothing playfully.
"Help me get changed, then." He said, trying to pull me inside.
"No, Ricky," I answered. "I'm not supposed to be here anyway. We'll get caught."
"We will if we stay standing out in the open. Just come in for a bit and sit on the sofa while I choose an outfit." He pleaded, tilting his head to one side and pouting.
I groaned. "Fine. For five minutes tops." I muttered.

So I lounged on the beige couch, tucking my legs underneath me, watching Ricky wander left and right along the side of the metal clothing rack.
"What am I gonna wear?" He moaned, shifting through his endless amount of blazers and shirts.
"Don't you have stylists and things to choose for you?" I asked him.
"No, I prefer to do it manually." He replied, thrusting up his arm and flexing with a flashy grin. I rolled my eyes and laughed.
"Alright then..." I wiggled around in my seat. "Wear that white shirt, with that grey waistcoat." I advised, pointing at the selected clothing. He drew them out and nodded. "And them, too." I added, gesturing towards a pair of grey trousers. He collected his outfit together along with some white converse-like shoes, and suddenly began to remove his top casually. I raised my eyebrows at his assertiveness and covered my eyes with my hand. Through the gaps between my fingers, I saw him starting to tug on the hem of his sweatpants.
"Oh, my god." I muttered and buried my head into the back of the sofa."I can't believe it..." He sung, laughing. I laughed lightly and a minute later he announced, "Okay, you can look now."

I turned back round and smiled at how fancy he was.
"Nice," I said, getting up off the couch, walking up to him and messing with his collar.
"You look good." I added.
He grinned and kissed my forehead.
"You too." He whispered, his eyes dreamily locking with mine. I took a breath in cheerfully.
"What would I have done if I didn't invite you to my dressing room all those weeks ago?" He asked, tracing his fingers on my skin that was exposed at the cutout on the back of my playsuit.
"You would have made things far less complicated." I answered jokingly. "Oh," I remembered. "I was going to ask you something. About Michelle." I was willing to address the issue since it had been on my mind for a while now.
He sighed and sat down on the couch. I sat on the other side and propped my legs onto his lap. He glided his hand up and down my leg as I spoke.
"People were wondering if there was something going on between you two." I said softly.
"Me and Michelle? Why, what did they say?" He asked.
"Well, I heard Aidan say that you were texting a girl called Angel, and that you call Michelle Angel-" I replied nervously.
"I call you Angel." He resolved. "Why would I call Michelle that?"
I shook my head. "I don't know. But apparently you were flirting with her."
"Look, love." He climbed on top of me and looked at me with his dazzling icy-blue eyes. I felt so mesmerized by them under his power. "The only person I want to be with is you. And I know it's only been a few months but... I've never felt this way about someone before. I remember the first time I saw you, and you were up on that stage singing Honeymoon Avenue like a goddess. And when you said you loved me before you walked away - I smiled the whole journey home."
I blushed, but kept my gaze locked.
"I really do love you, Angela." He said gently.

After a while, it was time for me to go on stage to perform. I wasn't too nervous - mainly because I wasn't really bothered if I went out. I already had Ricky, and I felt as if that was all I needed to make me happy.

I stood impatiently on one side of the stage and Michelle was stood on the other. We shared an excited grin and waited for Emma to finish her announcement.

Then we sang, the bright lights and loud music blasting into the arena distractingly. I kept glancing at Ricky for a clear mindset throughout the performance. He was mouthing the lyrics, hanging on the edge of his chair.

Soon enough, we were finished and managed to cause all four coaches to stand up for us. They clapped simultaneously, seemingly impressed by our version of the song. I had to admit, a lot of energy was mixed into my vocals and actions on stage. They sat back down, glancing curiously at Ricky to see his reaction.

"What are your thoughts?" Emma asked him with an overly-excited grin.
"I think they were both incredible. I don't want to make a decision... I want to keep them both..." His voice trailed off in despair.
"Well, you have to choose, I'm afraid." She replied. "But to help, we'll see what the other coaches have to say."
Everyone aimed their attention at Will, who was beaming at us.
"Wow, guys. That performance was so dope. It's really hard for me to make a judgment right now. Uh..." His eyes darted from me to Michelle. "But personally, I think that Angela rocked the stage tonight." He said.
A smile grew on my face and I shakily answered with, "Thanks."
He bowed his head and then we all turned to Rita.
"Yeah, you were both so powerful. I honestly don't know who I would go with though. But, I'll say right now, that I will go in for the steal no matter what." She stated.
The crowd went wild at the position we were now put in. We were both safe now. It took the pressure off us.
"Whoah! Great, so you're both automatically through to the Knockouts!" Emma exclaimed.
Me and Michelle grinned back at Rita.
"Oh, well, that makes it easier for me." Ricky said with a sigh of relief.
I bit my lower lip in anticipation as he drew a breath. "The act I'm gonna keep on my team is... Angela."

The audience rose to their feet and cheered.
"Oh my god," I murmured through my excitement, a huge grin capturing my face. After a minute of cheering and screaming, the crowd settled down.
"Well done, Angela! You're through to the next round with Team Ricky." She said with a smile. I hugged Michelle, who was joyful anyway, and began walking down the steps. Ricky bounced up to the bottom of them and extended his hand to me. I took it happily, stepping down and he pulled me into a hug.
"That was amazing, beautiful." he whispered discreetly, his head buried in my hair so the cameras wouldn't subtitle the footage. He kissed my cheek (a little more passionately than he does with his other acts) and walked me alongside the audience and then let me go, seating himself back down, beaming.

I was forced to return backstage without watching the rest of the show. Maria was there with me. However, I wasn't the only one she had in mind to greet. Her and Ben - my much familiar teammate, who had almost walked in on me and Ricky that one time - had been keeping a relationship going for a while now. Since the night of the meal, they had formed a special chemistry over being so hopelessly in love with each other. I had to admit, it was cute. But it caused her to drift off when I was talking to her, presumably dreaming about him.

A few hours later, the show ended quite abruptly. I instantly shot up and hopped over to Ricky's dressing room in hope that he'd be there. But he wasn't.
"Angela? What are you doing here?"
I turned around, slightly scared, and suddenly realized I was standing before Rita Ora.
"Uh," I stuttered. "Um..."
"You were coming to see Ricky, weren't you?" She asked, drawing nearer to me, her silky blonde hair swaying as she moved.
"Well, I-"
"I'm not harassing you or anything, but do you wanna chat with me for a minute?" She asked. Before I could answer she was dragging me into her dressing room and seating me on her beige leather couch. She sat down beside me and her words fell quick out of her red-lipped mouth.
"What's going on between you two? I mean, first he calls you beautiful at the auditions; then you're dressed in his T-shirt, sat on his bed in his hotel; and spend not one - but two nights there..." She seemed more interested and gossipy than audacious. I took a breath in.
"I'm not really sure myself, to be honest with you, Rita." I said. "It's complicated."
"Have you had sex yet?" She asked without pausing, completely upfront and assertive.
I was stunned. "Uh, no-"
"But you've kissed, right?"
"Yeah-"
"So, you're dating." She resolved, smiling as if she'd accomplished something. "I'm happy for you."
"Uh, thanks." I murmured unsurely.
"Does Will know?" She asked.
"Yeah."
"Damn." She shook her head and laughed. "He always finds out before me."
I laughed nervously, edgily moving away from her on the sofa slowly.
"I'm guessing that it's not all fun and games right now, is it?" She asked.
"It's tough. We have to keep everything private." I said quietly, wary of any cameras that might be hidden in the room.
"I can imagine."
Suddenly there was a knock at the door.
"Come in," Rita said, her voice raised.
The door swung open and a slightly astonished Ricky walked in.
"Oh, Angela, you're here!" He exclaimed, however not looking at me directly.
"Yeah. I was just, uh, talking to her about stuff." Rita answered, standing up. I stood up as well and sided by him at the doorway.
"What sort of stuff?"
"It's not important." She replied quickly. He nodded slowly and exited the room, tucking his hands into his pockets.
"See y'all later." She said, and shut the door.

Ricky smiled down at me.
"She found out, didn't she?" He asked me.
"Yep." I answered, sighing.
"Ah well. That's one less person we have to deal with." He said as we walked along the corridor, his hand on the small of my back, warming the exposed part of my skin.
"I guess." I said. "What happened to Michelle?"
"She got onto Rita's team." He replied.
"Good. So now everyone's happy." I beamed. He stopped in his step and kissed me, suddenly unaware that we were in public. Luckily no one was there.
"Especially me." He said softly.

(A/N I just want to thank all of you who have read&commented so far, you guy are so sweet☺️ I love you all so much, thank you! ^-^)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

236K 8.2K 98
Ahsoka Velaryon. Unlike her brothers Jacaerys, Lucaerys, and Joffery. Ahsoka was born with stark white hair that was incredibly thick and coarse, eye...
313K 9.4K 101
Daphne Bridgerton might have been the 1813 debutant diamond, but she wasn't the only miss to stand out that season. Behind her was a close second, he...
275K 17.4K 21
"you might not be my lover, but you still belong to me" "crazy, you don't even love me but you want to claim me as yours? have you lost your mind jeo...
467K 31.6K 47
♮Idol au ♮"I don't think I can do it." "Of course you can, I believe in you. Don't worry, okay? I'll be right here backstage fo...