Heirs

Von lk_anon

*Sequel to Crossing the Lines but can be read as a stand alone* Growing up, many people are taught there are... Mehr

AESTHETICS
ONE
TWO
THREE
FOUR
FIVE
SIX
SEVEN
EIGHT
NINE
TEN
ELEVEN
TWELVE
THIRTEEN
FIFTEEN

FOURTEEN

5.8K 178 61
Von lk_anon

Aria's POV

---------------

I was silent the rest of dinner.

I was silent, worrying over Saint.

I wasn't in love, I wasn't falling for him, we were just sleeping together. Even still, I've learned more about him this past week than I have our entire lives. Do I know his favorite color? No, but it's little things. I've learned he likes to goof off and skip every class but math, the class where he's so focused it takes everything for me to get his attention. I've learned he has to hold something when he's asleep, whether it's a pillow or me. I don't know his favorite movie, or book, or his thoughts on politics. It doesn't matter to me though. If theres one thing I've learned from any relationship I've ever had, whether they're friend, family, or more...the big things aren't what keep us attached, draw us closer, it's the little things.

I took my first life when I was fourteen. It was the life of a cartel worker who had been trafficking women in Sicily. My hand wasn't forced, I wasn't scared or nervous. Even though I had never killed before, I grew up in a life where it was natural, praise worthy. Sure, I was shaken with adrenaline, but I didn't cry. I never cried when taking a life. 

As I've gotten more involved in my family's line of work, I've had to kill more. I've taken twenty eight lives without flinching, without sparing them a second thought. However, I didn't know any of these people. They were strangers who had done evil things. Saint has done evil things, but he wasn't a stranger. He was someone who chewed on the inside of his cheek when he was thinking. Someone who always had to knock three times before opening the door, no more, no less.

Saint wasn't a stranger, but he's done evil things.

I could never judge him for the things he's done with his family, hell, mine aren't any better. We didn't kill any of their own, though. They took the lives of our best hackers. They took the lives of our workers, our family, my family. I didn't want to admit it, but my father was right. Heirs, especially at our age, take more control in missions, we're involved in decisions. The American's killed Leo and Althea, and Saint was apart of it.

I hated it, but I knew it was the only way I could complete my mission, the only way I could kill him. I took a deep breath, as the car took off back to Stonebridge. I took a deep breath and let all of my sadness go, replacing it with anger.

And boy, did it work.

He took there lives, he killed them. Even if he didn't, let's play the devil's advocate. When heirs turn sixteen, they attend all meetings. They may not have a say in matters, but they are still involved in the conversation and aware of what is going on. Regardless of whose hand pressed the button, detonating the bomb on the plane, Saint knew about it. He would've been there for the meeting and discussion of plans.

Saint knew they took the lives of my family, and he didn't care. There was never a glimpse of guilt in his eyes when he looked at me. Not even the slightest bit of worry I would find out. I know we were just having pointless sex, but I still felt dirty, used. I knew I was sleeping with the enemy, but it almost made me forget why he was the enemy.

I would never forget again.

His father started a petty war, kidnapping my mother and Ben, torturing them both. They worked closely with the Japanese, who at the time were led by Cixi's evil husband, and now trying to end her for good.

Just because we have a contract stating we are allies, doesn't mean that is anywhere near the truth. The Americans always have been and always will be the enemies. Every American heir, generation, will be just as evil as their predecessors, and Saint is not exempt from the rest.

I opened the door before the car even stopped, jumping out and quickly heading to my dorm room. Part of me was hoping he would be there, hoping I could kill him now and write off his death as an accident. 

He wasn't though.

When I opened the door, the room was pitch black. I could make out a body, sleeping in the bed across from mine. Kylie. Now that I was pissed off at Saint, I would be lying if I said I didn't feel guilty, kicking her out to sleep with her friends or on the couch in the common room. I walked over to my empty, unmade bed. There wasn't a person laying in it, however, a black hoodie laid scrunched up at the end. 

I knew it was petty, but I didn't care. I took the hoodie and lazily folded it before grabbing a sticky note and writing two words on it, 'fuck you'. I told Saint I would give him his hoodie back eventually, but I thought I was lying. I guess I was wrong.

It was 11:30 already, and I had to be up at 4:00am for training. Before deciding to go to sleep, I walked all the way to the boys dormitories, glaring at everyone who looked my way and causing them to avert there eyes. I walked up the flights of stairs until I got to Luca and Saint's room. I didn't go in, I sure as hell didn't knock. I simply sat the hoodie down in front of the door before leaving.

When my phone started buzzing at 4:00am, I turned it off and quickly got ready, trying not to wake Kylie. I didn't groan or complain like I normally do. Today, I had training at Omertà with all of the other heirs. Today, I had a plan. I wouldn't be able to complete my mission or get my revenge, but I could easily have a tiny victory for myself.

I pulled on one a gray jacket over my black workout clothes before grabbing my phone and quietly making my way out of the room. As soon as I was in the hallway, I pulled my hood over my head and made my way down the stairs.

In the main room, three girls were walking out while Sierra and Helena sat tiredly on one of the couches. I got their attention before nodding to the door.

"Ready?"

"Why the hell are you so chipper?" Helena yawned. I don't think Sierra was even awake enough to function.

"I have an agenda." I told her, walking in front of the two as we made our way to the student lot. 

Students who had cars parked them in the lot. It was gated and locked all week, but open on weekends for students who wanted to go off campus. Seeing as it was four in the fucking morning, the gate was still locked. It's not like none of us had the code, though. When we got to the lot, it was already opened a few cars were driving out. Henrik was standing next to his gray jeep, waiting on the three of us as we walked up.

"Where's Adriano?" I asked, looking around for him. I swear if that idiot slept in I'll skin him alive.

"Relax, he's in the car already, passed out." Henrik said, hopping into the drivers seat. 

Helena, Sierra, and I all got in the back, seeing as Adriano was snoring in the front seat. As soon as the doors were closed, Henrik pulled out and made his way off campus. The building omertà was held in, was an old warehouse five miles from Stonebridge. It was off the beaten path and hard to find, those who did find it just assumed it was abandoned. It wasn't long before Henrik pulled into the gravel parking lot, parking the jeep alongside the twelve other cars. We woke up Adriano, and Sierra who managed to fall asleep within the five minute drive, before we all got out.

Instead of going inside, we all walked up to the group that was circling the instructors at the front of the parking lot. Antony was up there with the others, making sure everyone was accounted for. I noticed Saint in the group, mainly because he was already looking at me. I couldn't read him though. Lately, I was started to be able to tell when he was mad or happy, relaxed. Now, there was nothing. It was as if I had been shut off from him.

It doesn't matter though, it only makes my job easier.

"Okay, everyone!" Antony yelled, stepping forward and getting the small crowds attention.

Everyone except for Saint, whose eyes hadn't left me.

"Let's start this morning off with a run. Five miles, you will all be timed."

Everyone eyed the trail through the woods, waiting to start. No one was excited, but everyone was determined. We may be heirs, but these are our future allies, as well as our future enemies. We aren't doing this to better ourselves, we're doing it to prove ourselves.

"Go!"

---------------------

Hey loves! So sorry for not posting last couple days, I've been working open to close every fucking day. Next two or three chaps are gonna be up tomorrow. BTW for those of you who wanted character Inspo, it has been posted on my twitter. I didn't want to put it in the chaps because it throws my count off and confuses me when I write lol. Anyways, Love you besties!! Comment and Vote!

Weiterlesen

Das wird dir gefallen

Intoxicating Von NaniπŸ¦‹

Aktuelle Literatur

280K 4.6K 48
Rosalina, 24 year old whose family was just killed by her abusive FiancΓ©, escapes to New York where she gets sent to live with old best friend and Ma...
18.9K 353 17
π•―π–†π–‘π–Žπ–†π– π•¬π–Œπ–”π–˜π–™π–Ž Despite being abused by her step father since she was 13, she will not hesitate to kill you if you make one wrong move. One...
5.7K 367 40
Hello my fellow readers this is in no connection to my other Mafia books. My Name is Aria Marie Cortez I am currently 28 years old , this story is ho...
40.6K 530 35
●COMPLETED● Kate Russo was trained by birth to be a dutiful and compatible wife for the next Don of the Italian Mafia. She was forced to become a qui...