When Worlds Collide

By Were12Lover

Rachel Carter, believes she is a human.She is one of the Triplets and has faced many hardships all her life b... More

Chapter-1: Those Lifeless Eyes
Chapter-2: Half Blood Pack
Chapter-3: I'll Miss You
Chapter-4 : Shoot you? Shoot you Not?
Chapter- 5: Mom would have been Proud
Chapter-6 : Meeting The Williams
Chapter -7: Angel
Chapter-8: I'll always be with you
Chapter-9: Without your Wolf...
Chapter-10: Who is She?
Chapter-11: Look at Me
Chapter 12: Trouble Healing
Chapter 13: The Warning
Chapter 14: The Mystical Creature
Chapter 15: She's a Werewolf?
Chapter- 16: Our Beautiful Triplets
Chapter- 17: Taste of Blood
Chapter- 18: Long Story Short
Chapter 19: Leave!!
Chapter- 20:Meeting the Pack
Chapter- 21: I Challenge You!
Chapter- 22: Give them Hell
Chapter- 23: Bound by Spells
Chapter- 24: The Truth
Chapter 25: Longing
Chapter- 26: The Unhidden Secret
Chapter- 28: The Challenge
Chapter-29:Better off without me
Chapter 30: Levitating
Chapter-31: He's Here
Chapter-32: Remember Me
Chapter 33: The Telepathic Link
Chapter 34: The Message
Chapter-35: Coronation Day
Chapter 36: A Distraction
Chapter 37: Leaving
Chapter 38: Acceptance

Chapter- 27: His Only Friend

35 3 0
By Were12Lover

-Characters-

Aaron

Rachel Carter
_______________

*Rachel's POV*-

Daniel was right about the training part,I had to train exceptionally hard if I wanted to beat cathy the next day. I was exhausted by training all day, and it was nearly impossible to control my witch side from showing up.I was new to it and nobody knew anything about how to teach me to control it due to which many a times I ended releasing some pent up power near by and accidently flipped up few chairs and tables. I was lucky that Lucas and Ellie made it look like an accident and I was glad that they knew about it otherwise I would have already blown our cover.

The more I trained, the more I felt stronger and it was easier for me to control my vampire and werewolf abilities. At first I only trained with female hybrids but soon natalie wanted me to train with male hybrids as well,among which few were experienced while others were newbies.

Many people gather around during my training sessions to watch the fights, which has really exhausted me due to the added pressure and among which I have noticed Aaron as well. He is the warrior of the pack and although we haven't officially been introduced but I have felt him sneakily peeking at me few times, which I tell you, I don't mind at all.

I had just finished with the training when a high pitched voice came from behind me.

"Well well..look what we have here." I turned around to see cathy standing a few feet away from me in the pack training ground with her arms folded.

"Can I help you?" I asked with the calmest pitch I could muster up.I didn't want to start trouble with her,After all we both are going to stay in the same pack once I win.

"Yes, you can. Help me by staying away from Daniel. Don't think that I am not noticing you buzzing around him like a bee." she snarled. Does she have a problem with me or something? I thought that this would only be a challenge to join the pack not some teenage rivalry for a boy.

"You can keep him." I answered in short sentences trying to get rid of her fast.

"Oh that I will surely be doing. I am just sad that you won't be a tough competition for me.Even daniel thinks that I will be your best match.Well... the one to beat your ass up in front of the whole pack." she remarked. I clenched my jaw trying to suppress my anger, I hope that I do not release any of my witch power on this poor child.Even though she is annoying I know that she is the one of the best female combat fighters in the pack.But I am not the one to back out of a challenge.

I turned around to leave but she didn't like it so with her vampiric speed she stood right in front of me with her fangs protruding out and her eyes changing to deep red colour.She was challenging me. Upon seeing this, my eyes changed to deep red as well.Our vampire sides at full display,waiting for who would make the first move.I was a lot taller than her but she still had the guts to stare me down.

I sighed to myself and backed off, I knew that I couldn't stoop down to her level.I could definitely see a victory smirk on her face as if she won our little fight.

"Get ready to find another pack,carter." she announced while raising her head high. She started walking away but before leaving she purposely bumped her shoulders against mine with enough force to knock me to the ground.I wasn't expecting it due to which I toppled straight to the ground and landed on my ass.

"Here, Let me help you." A deep voice came from beside me,when I turned side-ways I saw Aaron holding his hand out. I didn't think much of it as I placed my hand in his, which he firmly grabbed before grabbing my other hand as well. His hand was pretty big as compared to mine and the way he held it made me feel a certain way. I got up and shaked the dirt off my clothes,and when I was done It was then I noticed our closeness.His strong smell made me a bit overwhelmed but my wolf was a little uneasy.

I cleared my throat before keeping a respectable distance between us and saying "Thank you"

"I am Rachel Carter" I introduced myself before holding my hand out for him to shake,which he did but just a little cautiously...or dare I say, shyly?

"Yeah, I know. I was present during the meeting when cathy challenged you. I am Aaron,I am a warrior of the pack." he introduced himself. Well,we both knew each other even before the introduction.Isn't that nice?

"Would you mind a quick snack?..If you are free that is." he asked me politely. I wish daniel could have been this polite.Wait! Why am thinking of him when I am standing next to a greek god.

"I wouldn't mind actually.Lead the way." I answered back.He walked beside me before leading us to the kitchen in the pack house. At first, I would have enjoyed having him as a one-night stand but from a few days I am feeling very uneasy and I can't seem to place the reason for it.

"It was really graceful of you to not a start a fight over there,as opposed to what cathy was doing." He commented while reaching out to open a few drawers before pulling out a pack of popcorn,it was the only snack left in there..well,that's what happens when we stay among a pack of hungry wolves.He turned on the stove and put the popcorn to heat. The way he was moving in the kitchen,so elegantly made me guess if he knew how to cook. And if this guy knew then I would surely marry him right away,....okay okay.. not marry him, .....but maybe make him my boyfriend?.....okayyyy, how about make him my personal chef! Yeah that sounds totally reasonable.

I almost forgot to answer him because I was so busy staring. "Yeah.She thinks I am after Daniel,which is not true and I am not here to make enemies." I already have a ton of them. I didn't say the last part out loud.

" I am glad to hear that." He replied with his back still turned towards me as he was facing the stove.

" And why is that?" I asked crossing my arms in front of me and leaning against the counter.He turned back with his eyebrows scrunched.

"I mean, why are you glad to hear that?" I asked him trying to make it a little more clearer to him.

"Umm...It's just that...I am glad that you are not taken." He fumbled before turning to face me.He was blushingggg. It was the type of blush which showed a genuine sweetness which I'd been craving.

"For a guy with such a great body and looks ,you seriously blush like a school boy." I laughed while teasing him.It was not always that we could forget about the war and live in the present.

"I do not!!" He rolled his eyes but the red colour of his cheek deepened. I couldn't help but laugh at his unexpected behaviour.

"What's so funny?" a rough,impatient and husky voice of Daniel interrupted and stilled us. We both turned to look at him in the doorway. Daniel had a quizzical look on his surprised face at the sight of Aaron and me. At first he had a surprised look but soon he masked it and he wore no expression at all whatsoever.

"It's nothing." Aaron replied smiling politely at daniel.

"I see that you have already met Aaron." Daniel said while looking at me and nodding stiffly.

" Yeah. I had to do it myself, because someone didn't want me to meet her." aaron replies while narrowing his eyes in slits and glaring at daniel.

"Wait...Are you both friends?" I asked.I never saw anyone even talk back to daniel let alone glare at him, they might know each other well enough to be comfortable.

"No"

"Yes"

Both of them replied at the same exact moment. The Only difference was that Daniel denied being friends while Aaron replied affirmatively.I was trying very hard to control my laugh at their antics.

"Don't mind him.He is just in a bad mood that's it. I like to think that I am his best friend..well,I might be the only friend he has." aaron replied while smiking at daniel to which he rolled his eyes in reply.

"It's because you always follow me like a lost puppy." daniel retorted back with an irritated face to which I couldn't stop my laugh. Aaron just shook his head,as if this was routine for him. I wondered why he wanted to be left alone even by his friends who cared for him despite the utter moron he was.

Without sparing another glance at me, he turned towards Aaron,his eyes wandering impatiently.His shoulders were stiff and so was his entire body.

"We need to talk." he demanded of aaron,his blue eyes darkening.He looked like he had something serious to talk about.

"We were going to eat some snack! I'll come find you later." Aaron whined as he turned back to the now popping and ready popcorns on the stove.

" We need to talk NOW " his voice dangerously rumbled throughout the room.But that was not what I was focused on.What caught my attention was that the flames from the burner blazed brighter than I thought fire could burn and those hungry,ruthless waves jumped to cover Aaron who was the closest to them but before the flames could touch him, I pulled him back with the help of my speed.

I did not release any of my witch powers,then how could the flames have suddenly gone out of control.I looked towards daniel who was looking at aaron in concern as well.Even though he doesn't like to admit it, but I know that aaron is important to him.

"We really need to fix this burner.This thing is already very old." aaron replied before turning it off. I guess,old burners can cause unexpected challenges.

"Aaron,I think you should go with him." I smiled politely at which he nodded.Aaron wished me luck for my match tomorrow while daniel stood silent,And just like that the two of them departed. So, I did the only thing left for me to do which I was desperately waiting for, I ate the popcorns...come on, I was starving after the training.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

14.5K 888 100
"I want you. I want all of you because you are mine." As an Alpha, Amber has it all except for a mate. She has been waiting for the Luna's time but t...
10.2M 327K 49
BOOK 1 OF THE GIFT CHRONICLES ••• When the Moon Goddess created the first werewolves, she split one soul between the two of them, thus creating a per...
10.2K 371 31
First book in the Hybrid mate series...... His name Joshsan Morgan... Future Alpha of the blood scent pack... He loves running.. And being around peo...
370 24 10
A young werewolf who hasn't matured into her wolf runs into a stranger who instantly defends her against any harm. He then disappears after claiming...