Diamond : Choi Youngjae

By jjakbbam

"Like a diamond, he's a precious gem. Beautiful but extremely difficult to break." ā–Ŗ Highest Ranking : #880 i... More

Diamond
001
002
003
004
005
007
008
009
010
011
012
013
014
015
016
017
018
019
020
021
022
023
024
025
< special part >
'See The Light'
See The Light : Posted
The Fiction Awards

006

18K 874 932
By jjakbbam

"Relax, artist girl. You're not going to fall off the roof," he laughed softly.
"Well that's nice to know," I said sarcastically.

He laughed again and held out his hand.

"Come closer to me,"
"I'd rather stay where I am,"

We were on my roof. Literally. It honestly scared me to go up my roof so he went first and helped me. Don't ask how. I don't want to talk about it or even think about it.

He came closer to me, sitting beside me. I moved a little bit to my side to make space for him, which was weird since we had a huge roof...

"I hate you, Choi Youngjae,"
"Why?" he asked, his voice playful.
"I am scared to death,"
"Don't worry. You won't die if you fall, but you might break your bones and that's pretty much it! Nothing to be worried about!"
"You are not helping!"

He laughed and put his arm around my shoulder, surprising me.

"You're safe with me. Problem is, if I fall, you fall, too,"

I let out a sigh. He really wasn't helping me right now. I was already scared and here he was, making it worse. I'm starting to wonder why I agreed to this...

"Relax, Chorong," he told me again. "I'm not going to let you fall. Promise,"
"Can I go down now? My sister might come home any moment and-"

I stopped talking when I saw his stare being directed towards me.

"It's only nine, artist girl. Doesn't she usually come home by eleven?"

I was silent.

"Just chill. You're not going to get caught. Blame it on me if you do," he said. "Talk to me about anything. Ask me anything you want."
"... Anything?"

What kind of anything?

"Yeah. Anything."
"Who is that Ah Yeon girl?"

I immediately covered my mouth in embarrassment. I shouldn't have asked that! It just slipped out! His smile faded and he lowered his head, letting out a deep breath.

"Is that what you're curious about?"
"You don't have to answer it if you don't-"
"Is that what you really want to know? About Ah Yeon?"

I nodded slowly. Judging from how that was the first thing I asked, I'm probably really curious about who she was. He took a deep breath before starting to speak.

"Ah Yeon was my first love." he started "I met her in my first year of high school, that was when she was already a senior. There were times when I always stayed in the music room, and that was how we met. She heard me singing, and I heard her play the piano. She was the one who taught me, and we spent a lot of time together, so naturally became friends,"

He stopped talking, hesitating.

"After time," he continued. "That friendship turned into something more. I fell for her, and she confessed that she felt the same. We went out a few times, just the two of us, and we were together. We never made it official, but that was how it seemed. When she graduated, she went to college and we grew apart. She was too busy with her schoolwork. She loved music, but she took a business course. I could never understand why. And as years passed, she broke up with me, just a few days before I graduated high school. She went overseas for her college, and that lasted for a while, but now she's back. She always hung out with me and the guys, along with two of Yugyeom and BamBam's friends, so when I bring you to the club, you could see her there..."

He trailed off, sighing.

"You don't have to finish it, you know." I told him gently. "I understand if you-"
"You tell me something now. Tell me about yourself,"
"Umm..."

He asked me some questions and I answered them. In full detail, at his request. I'm not really good at answering those kinds of questions like 'tell me about yourself' so there has to be some sort of question.

"What's with you and Yoon Nara?" he suddenly questioned.
"Oh, us? We've been arguing for years. She always has something against me, especially when it comes to boys, so yeah..."
"I pity those who are in her class,"

I laughed.

"Eunji's in her class and she's always going on and on about how she's so annoying."
"Poor her. Why are you guys always arguing? Do you have something she doesn't or what?"
"I don't know with her. As far as I know, I don't, so I don't get what's wrong with her,"
"Just ignore her,"
"Tried that, didn't work,"
"Is she that annoying?"
"Yup."
"Oh."

Silence.

"Artist girl, look up," he said after a few minutes.

I did, and I saw a shooting star fall from the sky.

"Make a wish," I said softly.

He closed his eyes and I did the same. I made a wish silently. And no, I'm not going to tell you what it is. He opened his eyes and gave me a smile.

"I wish I brought my sketchbook," I confessed. "So I can draw you when you're smiling. You look so good when you're smiling,"
"Thanks. I'll be expecting more amazing drawings from you in the future,"

After an hour or so, we went back down to our bedrooms, thankfully. And we just sent each other messages from our windows. Believe it or not, I still didn't have his number, and he didn't have mine.

Three weeks later, we went back to his friend's club. Again. And this time, we went separately. He told me to go on first, and I did. I met Jinyoung at the door. Seems like we came at the exact same time, and we went inside, not speaking to one another.

Yugyeom saw me first. He greeted me then dragged me to BamBam, who was talking and laughing to two girls I have never seen before. He introduced them as their friends, Park Jimin and Baek Yerin. See, we had this section all to ourselves at a corner.

"Oh! Hi!" Youngjae smiled at the two, waving his hand. "Why are you guys here?"
"You're not happy to see us?" Jimin asked, pouting.
"No, it's not that I'm not happy, but it's been a while. I missed you two,"
"Good," Jimin nodded. "And we see you have a new friend," she patted my shoulder. "Chorong-unnie is so pretty,"

That made my cheeks heat up.

"Why are you guys here, anyway?"
"They said you guys have a new performance?"
"Oh... Yeah..." he said slowly, rubbing the back of his neck. "I'm just not sure if they'll like it,"
"If they don't, you guys have us anyway," Yerin spoke quietly.

Well... I suppose she's always quiet judging from her way of speaking and the shyness she exuded.

He sat with us, along with Jackson, Yugyeom, BamBam and Jaebum. Mark and Jinyoung went to the supermarket for some weird reason.

"Yah!" Jimin shouted. "Kim Yugyeom! You swore you'd keep that quiet!"
"Don't worry, Jimin-ie," Jackson smiled mischievously. "We won't tell anyone. Trust me,"
"I don't even trust you, Wang!"
"You have to now! Who even told you to do that?"
"Him,"

She pointed at BamBam who protested that he was innocent.

"Innocent," she scoffed. "Right... Says the playboy,"
"I'm not a playboy, how many times do I have to tell you that?" BamBam sighed.
"Until the end of the world,"

A smile was on my face at this point. They were so funny, and cute.

"What are you laughing at?" Jaebum asked me. "Them?"
"Yeah. They're so cute,"
"They're kids. What do you expect?"
"You're not much older than them,"
"But they're only eighteen, except for Yugyeom who's still seventeen. I'm already twenty-three."
"Me and them are the same age?"
"They already had their birthdays. You haven't yet,"

I nodded slowly.

"Yah, yah," Youngjae squeezed himself in between us. I moved to make space for him. "Thanks, artist girl," he smiled and put his arm around Jaebum's shoulder.
"What?" Jaebum raised his eyebrows.
"Hide me," Youngjae said, pretending to hide behind Jaebum.
"From what?"
"Jimin wants to flick my forehead."
"What did you do?"
"I might have teased her a little..."

Jaebum pushed him off the sofa.

"Face it. It's your fault from teasing her,"

Youngjae ran to Yugyeom, who pushed him to Jimin and she hit his forehead.

"Ow!"

Wow, he's loud. I bit my lip to keep myself from laughing.

"Thanks for this,"
"For what?"
"For making Youngjae happy in college. I know he seems cold at first, but you see him now. He's a complete dork. Thanks for making him like that again."
"Why are you thanking me for that?"

Seriously. I didn't do any of that. Why thank me?

"Youngjae hated graduating from high school because it meant going away from us, from the rest of us. We all went to different colleges. He was quiet and became 'the anti-social guy with no friends' but then he met you. He might have called you a stalker at the start because of him being your 'muse', but you're friends now. Thanks for that,"

A blush crept on my cheeks and I thank the dark lighting of this club. I can't believe he told them about him being my muse and him calling me a stalker...

"I didn't do anything to him. He did it to himself,"
"But still, you made him happy. And as his best friend, I should thank you for that,"
"You make it sound like I did more than I actually did,"

He laughed and patted my head.

"But really, thanks a lot,"

I don't understand why he's thanking me. Really... I'm still confused.

"JB!" Jackson yelled. "Jinyoung-ie and Mark are back!"
"Okay!" Jaebum yelled back. "Kids, let's start!"

Then he looked at me, a smile on his face.

"Watch our performance today. It's a new one,"

I nodded and got up, slinging my bag over my shoulder and followed him. So did Jimin and Yerin, and all the others. We made our way through the crowd. The seven boys to the middle of the dance floor, and us three sitting by the bar. But of course, we didn't order anything.

It's not working
So stop fronting
I know you want me
Let's start talking

A new song started playing and I didn't avert my gaze from the seven boys. Youngjae was the center this time, and it made me smile to see him happily dancing and singing.

Performing was his life, I could tell. Being with his friends, performing as GOT7 with them, made him happy. And I was happy for him.

_______________________________________________________________

What am I even writing?? Haha XD But how is this? Any comments?? ^^ I know the end is a bit confusing, but yeah... Sorry if it was confusing but I did my best to explain it clearly...
Sorry for advertising but please do check out my GOT7 oneshot collection :)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

52.7K 2.3K 33
"why do you want me to stop?" Warning: this story has a whole lot so prepare yourself Bambam: 17//bttm Yugyeom: 18//top Side ships: markson & 2jae...
96.3K 2.4K 25
There's nothing too fast to say love when you find the right one already. My very first fanfic about Jackson GOT7 omg, english isn't my first languag...
35.7K 1.1K 13
in which a trainee falls in love with an idol. āŒ² completed (2017) ā‡˜ lowercase intended ā‡˜ highest rank: #1 in bambam
296K 7.2K 74
These are imagines about Got7. If you want to request, please message me your name and bias. You can give me a plot, or I can come up with one.