Love without Boundaries: Over...

By ArondightDusk

This story is dedicated for my 2,000 TikTok followers. In a world where heroes and villains cannot coexist, i... More

Close Encounter
Allies or Enemies?
Revolting Beauty
Secrets Revealed
Heroes vs Villains
Villains Heartless?
Thinking of You
Deal with Demons
Two Roads, One Choice
Ambushed!
Patience in Anger
The LOV's Prisoner
Torture and Tragedy
Cursed in Weak form
Escape from the LOV Base
A Feverish Dream
Promises and Heartaches
The Revealing Truth
Black Cat
Mirio
Sir Nighteye
Sir's Protector?!
The Boss
LWB Audio Drama Update
Deal with Overhaul
Waiting, Wanting
Casting Call Update
Family Reunion Gone Wrong
SOS
Operation: Hero Rescue
It's a Trap!!
Fake YN

Secrets and Second Encounters

53 6 0
By ArondightDusk

Suddenly, the door started to open from the outside. I started to panic and moved away.

"Hey what's wrong?" Midoriya asked.
"Someone's at the door..." I answered timidly.
"Don't worry. I promise to protect you. Just stay there and-"

Just when he was about to activate his quirk, Mirio swing the door open and entered inside the room.

"Hey Midoriya. I was looking everywhere for you and-"

He stopped midsentence and looked at both me and Midoriya.

'This is bad!' I thought to myself, 'I know I'd allow Midoriya to see me like this, but not Mirio! Not my best friend!'

"Oh, you're awake, little one." Mirio responds with a smile, "well, I'm glad you're okay. How are you feeling?"
"Um... a bit better."
"That's good to hear. Now, do you remember what happened to your arms and legs?"

I looked down and couldn't say a word. I knew where it came from, but if I told Mirio, what would be think?

"I just tripped and fell." I lied.
"I see. With the amount of blood you've lost, you really must be clumsy to trip and fall from the ground like that."
"Yes sir..."
"Now, don't call me sir. Just Lemillion. It is my pro hero name after all."
"Okay. Lemillion."
"Now, if you excuse us, I need to speak with Midoriya alone please."
"O-okay."
"Midoriya, a word."

Mirio grabbed Midoriya's hand as they left the room for a moment.

*** Mirio's POV ***

We walked out of the child's room and into an empty room to talk with Midoriya about her.

"What did you want to talk about? Did you find Y/N?" Midoriya asked.
"I thought I did, but I need to clarify with you about something." I answered. "Midoriya: is that child in there Y/N?"

He froze very still when I asked him that question. Based on his response, I knew very well. She's alive. But why was she trying to hide that from me? Was she that scared that I would hate her form?

"Yes. It is her." Midoriya answered. "Though I can't explain why she's a child, but we need to help her recover in any way that we can."

I examined Midoriya to see if he's telling the truth: clenched fists, an expression I've barely seen, and the tone of his voice. From the looks of it, he seem to be telling the truth.

"I understand. Then I'll help in any way that I can."

Midoriya smiled with such relief as I analyzed the situation carefully about her and her condition.

She's alive!
That's a huge relief!
But where did she go all this time?

"Oh, before we figure out how we should help her, we should let Sir know about this immediately. That she's doing okay at least right?"
"Um... Mirio-"

Suddenly, I heard a small shattering of glass from the other room. Without thinking, I turn towards her room as fast as I could, just to see if she's okay.

"Something's wrong." I told Midoriya, "Were those glass shattering?"
"Glass?" Midoriya asked. "Oh no."

Midoriya ran towards her room as fast as I could, quickly opening the door.

"Mirio, she's gone!"
"Wait. What?"

I ran towards him to see her room. Sure enough, there were shards of glass window scattered all over the floor, one curtain was blown by the side of the window from the wind, and a blanket missing from the bed.

"Where did she go?"

** Y/N's POV **

I ran as fast as I could until I was out of sight from the hospital area and stopped near a dark alleyway. With a couple of deep breaths, I thought about this situation very carefully.

I ran.
Like a coward, I ran.
From my best friend, nonetheless.
Why?
It's not like he would tell anyone about my secret.
That's not like him at all.

But then again, Sir never allowed me to share any secrets of my past to anyone, even if it's to people I can trust. He just wanted to protect me from this shame and make sure I would be okay to share whenever I am ready.

"I'm sorry." I replied softly. "I can't get you two involved in my mess any more than I already have. Please forgive me."

I walked away, trying to find Sir Nighteye's agency, but due to my miniscule figure, it made it harder for me to find out where I was. Even sense of direction was making it harder than it need to be.

"Excuse me, but are you lost?" a familiar voice replied behind me.

I froze still, knowing very well the owner of that voice. If I made a move, he would know exactly who I am without giving any second thoughts. When he realized I didn't reply, his hand was slowly placed on my shoulder. With such hesitation, I looked right at him with my red colored pupils. Sure enough, Chisaki Kai, the villain my father was looking for, was there, standing right in front of me. He noticed how I kept staring at him and had to ask.

"If you don't mind my asking, have we met before?"

I looked away and shook my head.

"N-no." I lied softly, "I don't think so."

I closed my eyes, thinking that he wouldn't believe my lies. However, he remained still for a moment or two. I looked again and he responded only with a sigh.

"Right, my apologies. I didn't mean to offend you. You just reminded me of someone."
"S-someone, sir?"
"Yes. I came across this person months ago. Small, like you, but kind in her own way."
"W-where's she now?"

He didn't respond.

"Sorry if I intervene you, but I'll take my leave."

He turned and walked away.
I took a deep breath and started to walk to the opposite direction.

"Hope you find your way back to the agency." he added before he was out of sight.

I stopped midway.
He knew?
But how?
I didn't say anything about an agency.
So how would he know?

My mind was then suddenly interrupted when two familiar figures approached me.

"There you are. We've been looking everywhere for you."

As he reached towards my head for a pat, I backed away from him, but just for a moment.

"Oh, you're shaking. Did something happen to you?"

There was no point of hiding it any longer. No matter how many times I tried, it felt like the negative thoughts were lingering.

Do they hate me?
Will they curse me?
What if they don't want to see me again?

Thinking these thoughts made me upset, but I couldn't reveal any of that to them.
Not to mention, if they knew Chisaki was here, Mirio would fight him.
I knew it wasn't his fault, but I couldn't bring up the fact that his bullet took my quirk away. It would made things worse for the two of them.

"No." was all I could reply softly.

Realizing that it was a lie, Midoriya carefully held me close.

"What are you-"
"You're a hero, right?"

Hearing his response, I looked up towards his face.

"If you don't want us to know about it, it's okay. Just let us know when you're ready to tell us. We'll wait."

With such relief, tears started to roll from my eyes. They neither were hating nor judging me. They understood me?

Was this the kind of relief I needed at the moment? Were there other people who aren't disgusted by my appearance and understand my reasonings? Without thinking, I clenched onto Midoriya's hero uniform and wept. All those negative feelings engulfed inside me were starting to come out and flow away.

I knew my father mentioned to keep those emotions to myself, but it just couldn't stop.

"Thank you, Midoriya." I replied, "thank you."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

5.1K 181 30
Despite not having the best quirk for hero work you decide to apply to U.A anyway and unknowingly become the one and only candidate to inherit One Fo...
80.9K 5.1K 40
❝ how could you lie to me like that? ❞ ❝ how could you play me like that? ❞ torn between family and love, choi hanbyul is supposed to make a choice...
236K 6.2K 36
when a strange portal opens one night under your bed as you sleep soundly in the comfort of your own room. everything changes the friends your brothe...
98K 2.8K 15
After your sister's death, you refuse to follow the path of a hero and instead choose to lead the life of a villain. After joining up with the League...