Heart Of Darkness >> Te...

由 writtergirl2

Anna Hale is back and ready for some sort of normalcy in her life, while fighting off whatever comes to the b... 更多

Preface
Anna Hates High School
Derek Does Not Approve
Anna's Social Life
Uncle Peter And Little Annie Making Bets
The Hunter and The Hunted
Stiles And His Virginal Problems
Barely Breathing
Not Going Down Without A Fight
Twisting The Knife Into An Already Bleeding Heart
Better Than A Baseball Bat
Still Breathing
Last Chance to Live
Haunted Thoughts
Epilogue
Blame Peter
Anna Throwing Sass
Kidnapped Kira
Problem With Black lights
Security System Failure
Missing In Action
Unorthodox Behavior
Author's Note
Nefarious Plans
The Trickster Attacks
Bad Plans In Action
Meeting Malia
Guns Out
Illusions In The Mind
Danger Still Lingers
The Return of Cousin Miguel and Margarita
Enemies Turned Friends
Final Battle Calls
Epilogue
NEWS

Fixing Broken Ties

6.1K 174 95
由 writtergirl2

Chapter 9

I walked down the stairs heading towards the door where Stiles was waiting outside in the jeep.

“Hey Ann got a second?” Derek calls. I stop and turn around and nod.

“What's up?” I ask.

He lets out a sigh. “I need you to stay away from the twins, okay? I don't want you to go after them.”

“Who says I will?” I counter.

“You're related to me and stupid ideas might be hereditary. Getting revenge is a bad idea this time.” I roll my eyes.

“Who's the guy who wanted revenge for Laura, and who wanted revenge for our family? You and Peter. The people who I looked up to my whole life and who taught me everything I know. I'm just following my teachings.”

“I think she's right.” Cora interjects as she appears on the steps.

“No, she's not she's a Beta going against Alphas, she's gonna get killed.” Derek argues.

“Well, I let you too figure this out I'm going to school.” I call as I walk towards the door.

“Anna I'm serious. Don't go after them.” Derek calls after me.

I never said I wasn't going to so when I do. I won't be lying.

+

I went to a few of my classes and was about to shut my locker when Stiles was behind me.

I turned around and leaned against my locker. “What are you doing?” I drawl out.

“A guy can't see his girlfriend without his motives questioned?” Stiles counters.

I roll my eyes. “Not usually and by the way Derek lectured me this morning and I know he called you and Scott to watch me.” I point out.

Stiles looks down, he knows I caught him. “He doesn't want you to get hurt and I agree with him, which never happens. I mean never.”

“I'm not five I can take care of myself.” I point out as I put the lock on my locker.

“Does it matter if I don't want you to get hurt? Does my feelings about your safety matter?” I turn back to face them.

“I'm fine. Don't worry.”

He lets out a sigh and crinkles his noise the way he does when he's angry.

“Fine, do what you want.” He walks away from me.

“Stiles!” I call after him. He keeps walking.

“Great.” I mutter.

+

I kept stewing over what Derek and Stiles said. But I can't help but feel Cora was right about this one. If I never did one more thing for her. I could at least get her revenge. She told me how she felt about Boyd the night Derek left. She was close with him, closer than he and I had been even though we were friends.

All these thoughts boiled in my mind and I just couldn't take it anymore. I was tapping my pen on my notebook and I then raised my hand. “Mr. Lenig can I go to the bathroom?”

He nods his head. I leave my books. I follow Aiden's scent which is near Lydia's. I didn't want to get her involved. I like Lydia she isn't that bad. I hope she doesn't get caught in the cross fire.

I flick out my claws and draw the large spiral on the glass of the door.

“What the hell is that?” Lydia questions.

Derek.” Aiden growls out.

Wrong Hale dumbass.

I waited in the locker room for Aiden.

The door to Coaches office was swung open. “Derek?” Aiden calls.

“Aiden, stop, please.” Lydia pleads. I really didn't want Lydia hear for this.

I grow fangs, I glow my amber eyes and my claws stay out.

“I'm right here Derek.” Aiden calls again.

“I'll scream.” I waited until he wasn't standing next to Lydia.

“You want a fight, Derek? Come and get me.”

As you wish asshole.

I ran at him and shoved him into a row of lockers growling. I slashed him across the chest, catching him off guard.

I slashed him again and again. The next time I swung my arm he caught it making the bones crack with one hand and grabbed me by the throat with the other.

The hand he wasn't holding went to his fist that was clamped onto my throat.

He threw me into the tile wall under the sinks, his eyes glowing and his teeth bared he roared at me.

I groaned my teeth grew back to normal.

He picked up a weight.

“Aiden, stop! Stop! Don't hurt her!” Lydia yells.

I go to get up but he slams the weight into my head.

I slide on the ground to Lydia's feet, she comes down by me.

“Anna!” Lydia yells.

Aiden growls at me ready to hit me again when Scott, Ethan, Cora rush in along with Stiles.

“Anna!” Stiles yells. Cora comes down by me. Little late to the party sis.

“Aiden you can't do this!” Ethan scolds his brother. Stiles comes down by me.

“She came at me!” Aiden defends.

“It doesn't matter! Kali gave Derek until the next full moon. You can't touch him or her.”

I try to get up but I get a rushing feeling and I decide to stay on the floor. I roll onto my back groaning.

“You touch her again, I swear to God!” Stiles starts but Scott cuts him off.

“Stiles. He knows.”

“Hey A.” Cora says to get my attention.

I groan in response. “Hey, guys, I think she's pretty hurt.” Stiles mutters.

I felt warm blood fall down my forehead.

I stood at the bathroom sink with a paper towel in hand trying to wipe the blood off my wound.

Stiles was standing two feet from me. Not letting me out of his sight and Cora stood next to me. Either she knew what I was gonna do and she came on her own or Derek knew and sent her.

She and Stiles shared a tense look.

“You okay?” Scott asks.

“She doesn't look okay.” Lydia comments.

“I'll heal.” I mumble.

I move away from the sink trying to stand up and I feel my balance give out I start to fall when I feel Cora grab my arm and Stiles wrap his arms around me Scott and Lydia moved forward as well.

“I said I'm fine.” Everyone lets go.

“Do you realize how suicidally crazy that was? What were you thinking? Were you trying to get yourself killed?” Stiles inquires pissed off at me.

I turn to face them. “I did it for Boyd. No one else was doing anything.” I snap.

Cora looks down.

“We're trying.” Scott states sadly.

“And you're failing. You're just a bunch of stupid teenagers running around, thinking that you can stop people from getting killed. But all you do is show up late. All you really do is find the bodies.” Cora points out her voice hard but her eyes filled with sorrow.

I walked away from the group and Cora tailed behind me.

I then heard Stiles behind me. “Hey, A wait.” I bite my lip. I slow my pace. He doesn't say anything just grabs my hand and interlocks our fingers.

+

We get in the jeep and I sit in the front a napkin pressed to my head.

We start driving when Allison calls. “Philosophers?” Stiles repeats.

And guardians, which after last night has to mean something like law enforcement, right?”

Stiles and I share a look.

Stiles you have to tell you dad. Tell him whatever you need but you have to make him believe. Tell your dad. Warn him.”

“Okay, okay, okay. I know.” Stiles hangs up.

“What's the plan?” I question.

“I”m gonna tell him the truth. And I'm gonna need your help both of you.” Stiles replies while sending a look to me and Cora.

Cora and I sat on Stiles bed waiting for his dad. “Does Derek know that you left to help me?” I question.

“No.” She replies.

“You think he knows what I did.”

“Yep.”

“You think he's pissed?”

“Yep.”

“Great.”

The sheriff came in Stiles room and he was still pacing.

I sat there watching while Cora gave me a questioning look. I shrug I can't always explain him.

“Okay, okay, okay. Yes, okay. No...” I roll my eyes. “Today Stiles.” I say.

“Okay, sorry. I'm just.... I'm trying to.... I'm just trying to figure out how to start here.”

His father cuts him off.

“Hey, I don't have this kind of time.”

Cora and I share a look.

“Okay, you've had all these cases that you couldn't figure out, right? I mean all the murders involving Kate Argent, and then Matt killing all the people who had drowned him, and all these cases right now. It's like... It's like you've been playing a losing game.”

His father cuts him off again. “Stiles, the last thing I need right now is a job performance review from my own son.”

Stiles looks down scratching his forehead. “I know.” He mutters. Stiles looks at his chess board and rushes over to it.

“Okay, see, but that's just it, Dad. The... The reason that you're losing the game is 'cause you've never been able to see the whole board.” He opens his set up.

“I need to show you the whole board.”

Stiles set up the board with the pieces having sticky notes on them Scott and Derek are werewolves and their pieces have a certain color while other creatures have different colors but it's not only creatures he put on there. He put Deaton and the Argents.

He left me and Cora off the board because he we had to ease the information that his son was dating a born werewolf gently and Cora was right here and that's a lot to take in after just meeting someone.

Mr. Stilinski gave his son an incredulous look when he began his questions. “Scott and Derek are werewolves?”

“Yes.” Stiles replies firmly. My hand goes to my mouth. Mr. Stilinski shoots me a questioning look. I shrug. I don't know how to explain this so we're going with the chess board.

I think I have a headache coming on. I didn't know werewolves could get headaches this bad so I decided to lay on my back on Stiles bed inhaling his scent.

“And Kate Argent was a werewolf?” Sheriff inquires.

“Hunter. That's.... Purple's hunter.” Stiles corrects.

“Along with Allison and her father.” I chime in my eyes closed my head is really starting to hurt.

“Yeah, and.... And my friend Deaton, the veterinarian, is a Kanima?”

“Well, no, no, no. He's a Druid, okay? Well, we think.” Stiles comments while gesturing to Cora.

I try to stiffle a soft groan. “Anna?” Cora says to me. I weakly hold up my thumb as the 'okay' signal.

“So who's the Kanima?” Sheriff questions.

“Jackson.” Stiles replies.

“No Jackson's a werewolf.” Sheriff points out.

“Jackson was a Kanima first then my uncle and brother killed him and he came back to life as a werewolf. Now, he's in London.” I chime in.

“Who's the Darrack?”

“It's Darach.” The young spaz corrects his father.

“We don't know yet.” Cora cuts in.

“We don't know yet.” Stiles repeats.

“But he was killed by werewolves?” Sheriff asks.

“Slashed up and left for dead.” Stiles adds.

“We think.” Cora and I say together.

“We think. Yeah.” Stiles mutters.

The sheriff let's out a sigh. “Why was Jackson the Kanima?”

“Because sometimes the shape you take reflects the kind of person you are.” I interject and I let out a barely audible groan and Cora looks over at me again.

“And what shape would an increasingly confused and angrier-by-the-second father take, Anna?”

“That would be more of an expression, like the one you're currently wearing.” Stiles replies.

Mr. Stilinski gets up and I move into a sitting position and all the blood feels like it's rushing.

Stiles shoots up blocking his father's path. “Dad... Dad, would you... I can prove it, okay? Anna's one of them so is her sister. Both werewolves.”

Cora and I share a look, well there goes that plan.

“Stiles, Stiles! That's enough.” His father dictates.

“Dad, can you please just hold on?” Sheriff stops.

Stiles looks at me. “You ready?” I nod.

I slowly stand up my legs feeling like water then the ground rushes to me and everything goes black.

“Anna!”

+

I open my eyes to a blinding light, I blink slowly and I see a figure of someone hunched over. “Stiles?” I choke out.

He shoots up. “Hey, you're awake.” He whispers.

I look around. “Where's Cora?”

“She's calling Derek. I called his five times but he didn't answer so she's trying.”

“What happened?”

“You stood up and then fainted. You scared the hell out of me. They almost gave me a sedative in the ambulance because I was freaking off. I pissed off a few EMTs.”

“That seems like you. And you rode in the ambulance?”

He nods.

“Can you come here?” He nods and comes and sits next to me on the bed. His hand finds mine.

“Your hand's so cold.” He mutters.

“They match the temperature of my heart.” I reply with a weak smile.

He cups my hands and blow hot air onto them.

He attempts a smile but it falls short. “What's wrong?” I question.

“Stuff with my dad.” He replies.

I attempt to squeeze his hand. “He'll believe. It's just a lot to take in.” I state.

He nods. “It doesn't help, something's wrong with you.” He replies and his voice catches.

His phone vibrates and by the look on his face I know it's Scott and that Scott needs to meet up with him which means leaving me.

“It's okay. I'll be fine.” He looks conflicted slightly biting his lip.

“It's okay.” He locks eyes with me and nods. “Okay.”

He gets up but kisses my forehead before he leaves. “I'll be back, okay? Get some rest.”

I nod.

+

The next time I open my eyes it's through slits I can barely keep them open.

“Derek?” I whisper hoarsely.

His eyes jump to mine and he shoots up. His eyes are red like he was almost crying.

“Hey. Hey I'm here.” He says his voice barely above a whisper.

“Are you crying?” I ask.

He shakes his head and sniffs. “No, I'm not crying Annie.”

He hasn't called me that in years.

“You look like you were crying.” I point out weakly.

He smirks at me his eyes still red. “Fine you caught me.” He mutters.

“What's happening to me?” I ask my voice cracks. I can be brave in front of Stiles but with Derek it's a different story. I'm scared.

“I don't know. But I'm not leaving, okay? Not again.” He replies.

He kisses my forehead. That's when I crack.

“I'm sorry.” I whisper.

“For what?” He questions.

“I'm so sorry for everything. I am a horrible sister.” Tears fall down my face.

“No you're not.” He replies.

“You were my brother, my best friend and my parent. When you were only a kid. I never thanked you for raising me the way you did and how sorry I am for the way I treated you when I found out about the fire.”

“I'm just glad I didn't screw you up that much.”

“I would have been worse if Peter raised me. I'm really sorry for everything. I hate the monster I became.” I say.

“It's okay,” He mutter. “I know how much I hurt you.”

“I didn't mean what I said. I'm glad you were the one that survived the fire.”

He kisses my forehead. “It's okay, kid.”

Cora comes in and smiles. “Hey you okay?” She questions as she sits next to Derek her eyes moist with tears.

“I feel like shit.” I respond. That earns a small smile from Derek.

“Get some sleep.” He dictates while running his thumb across my temple making my eyelids start to droop.

“You're not leaving right?” I ask letting my badass facade completely slip away.

“No, we're both staying here. I promise.” He replies.

  My head still hurts but for the first time in a while I feel safe knowing my family is nearby and I closed my eyes and let sleep wash over me. 

Danna love is back they are back. She finally apoligized!!

I feel really proud of Anna right now

The next chapter is gonna be in third person and some flashbacks from little Anna is there any thing specific you want to see in the flashbacks?

I have some plans of my own but if you guys have anything you might want then I may be able put it in so the chapter's longer

All for now :) Enjoy!!!

Comment, Vote, Follow :) 

繼續閱讀

You'll Also Like

567 29 11
Story 2/2 It doesn't matter which one you read first! After leaving Beacon Hills a few years ago because of the Hale fire Cassie Scott-Hale Has fina...
132K 4.3K 27
𝐑𝐄𝐏𝐓𝐈𝐋𝐈𝐀 | ❝ There are so many threats happening all at once and no one trusts anyone. People are dying and we don't know why or how or who's...
14.7K 457 12
"She has little innocent demons in her eyes and they recklessly play with matches. I've never seen sparks so pretty." - "When Scott, stiles and Allis...
1.3M 37K 125
**COMPLETED*** Coming back to Beacon Hills with her brother, Blake Hale obviously knew they came back for a reason. But she wasn't exactly prepared t...