Days Gone || Hwang Hyunjin

By youngNfreeAstronAut

•Away from everything he's known, he meets someone different, someone who, unaware of who he really is, liste... More

1• Arrival
2
3
4
5
6
7
9
10
11 •The birthday pt.1•
12 •The birthday pt.2•
13. The birthday pt. 3•
14
15.
16.
17•
18•
19
20. Trip
21. My feelings for You
22.
23.
24.
25.
26.
27.
28.
29. Seoul
30. Meeting the boys
31. That one surprise
32
33• GoodBye
34•
•Epilogue•

8

3.9K 136 56
By youngNfreeAstronAut

"I don't feel sa-"

"Why do you hide it?"

"You're so persistent" she growled.

"Sorry"

She sighed, bringing her legs to her chest and resting her arms on them. "It's not important"

"Even if it's not important, you should let it out"

"Same goes for you"

"It's...different"

"If you say so.."

"Anyway, if you don't want to talk about it, at least you should-"

"My mom told me she's going to close the shop"  she finally spoke out.

"Why?"

"She said sales have dropped a bit, you know, because of the situation around the world. Tourists aren't coming so she's not making enough money to pay for the rent. Not even with my own money we can pay for it."

It actually hurt me to hear that. She previously told me how valuable that shop was to her and her mom.

"What's the shop of?"

"Paintings" 

"Really?"

"Yup. My mom paints beautiful, and along with my dad she opened that shop. It's always been okay, she has sold a lot of her art, and it was her biggest dream, to have this shop."

"And your dad..is he..you know"

"Around? Nope." She chuckled. "They got divorced when I was in high school, so my mom had to take care of it alone. That's why I lied and accepted what that girl did to me, to protect my mom. She worked really hard, and after my father left it was only harder."  

"Where is the shop located?"

"Uh..a few miles from here. Maybe 40 minutes on bus? I don't know exactly."

"We should go visit it" I suggested. She turned around and blinked a few times at me. I realized what I said and thought that maybe I was being too comfortable?

"Ahh I meant- "

"I would love to" she smiled sincerely, she looked pretty. My heart skipped a beat suddenly, and I felt nervous. She turned her eyes back to the creek, it was like a romantic movie. The moon was shining over us and the water reflected it; we just stood there quiet.

"I told you it was stupid" she chuckled.

"It isn't stupid, don't say that. You were worried and stressed about your mom, your reaction was only natural."

"That's just the biggest problem"

"What do you mean?"

"I have other problems too, frustrations, So my mom's shop issue was just the remaining drop."

"Do you... want to talk about it too?"

"Is it okay?" She looked shy. She buried her face in her arms and knees.

"We have all night."

I heard her giggle slightly "Thanks" she started.

"I just... I love being here, in this little town. I love learning from the elders and spending time with them. I find their stories fascinating, like when they were young, some of them when they went to war and their wives' stories of them waiting.

However I do want to..experience another lifestyle, you know? Like I'd like to go to the city and live there and get to know shops and streets, make friends, have coffee at a cute coffee shop."

I giggled at that last wish. "What?" She laughed too, playfully hitting my shoulder. "I want to be like those girls in movies"

"Girls in movies?"

"You know, when they get to travel to their dreamed city and just sit to have their first drink and pretend their new life is perfect" she laughed again, "I'd like to experience that too.
Maybe you find it funny because you're from the city, so you have it all there. And again, it's not like I hate it here, I love it so much, but I'd like to perhaps study what I want and get a job and just..enjoy it better."

"Is there something you want to study?"

"Art, like mom"

"Art?"

"Yup. I'd like to paint beautiful paintings like my mom. Thinking more greedily, I'd love to get a job of it in the city and open a shop there, so my mom can also sell her own art and be more appreciated than here."

I found her intentions beautiful. The fact that in every step she wants to take she values her mom's wishes, is very heart kinded.

"Does your mom know this?"

"She's asked, but no, I haven't told her"

"Why not?"

"Because she'll allow me"

"So? Isn't that good?"

"She'd give me all her earnings for me to live in Seoul and be happy, but I don't want her to close her shop for that. She deserves to be happy doing what she always loved"

I looked at her, silent. My heart was feeling warm and it troubled me. Maybe it's a side I've never seen of her and I just find it kind, that's all.

"I think you deserve to be happy too, there must be a way"

"...I'd like to think there must be a way, yeah."

Another night silence.

"Thank you for listening, Sam"

"It's no problem. Whenever you feel like talking, I'll be available."

She chuckled, changing her sitting position to resting her arms on the grass behind her.

"What?" I asked.

"You are actually very kind."

" "actually?" "I raised my brows, "what's that supposed to mean?"

"When I first met you I thought you looked arrogant. I mean like grumpy and not fun. Especially the day you refused to eat watermelon like a normal person." She laughed.

"Normal people eat watermelon carefully!" I laughed offended.

"Nah, normal people enjoy watermelon despite the mess." 

"That's such an unfair point" I shook my head laughing.

"Anyway," she said, "I just didn't think you'd be one to sit and listen and give helpful words. I'm sorry"

"Why are you apologizing?"

"Just because of what I thought. I guess you have a grumpy face so that's why I perceived that of you." She stood up and shook off dirt and grass from her legs and hands.

"I have a very handsome face you meant to say" I stood up and did the same.

"Hmmm" she came closer, too close. I tried my best to hide my evident blush of her being so close to me and staring right into me.

I cleared my throat. "W-What?"

"You could say you're handsome yeah..." she moved her head side to side observing me. My heart once again was beating too fast. "If only your hair was shorter..."  she teased, and giggled.

"Hey, my hair length is perfect, I like it!" I laughed offended.

"Meh, I don't know"

"Hey!" I kept laughing...still offended.

She stepped back, also laughing, and extended her hand and messed up my hair, before running away.

"Hey! Come here!" I went after her.

We ran all the way from the creek to her cabin, me running after her to mess her hair too. By the  time we got to the cabin, I was already breathless, but still managed to mess it up.

"Unlike you, I don't mind getting my hair messy" she stuck out her tongue.

"Tsk...You'll pay"

She laughed, looking down, fidgeting her fingers.

"So um...thank you for listening to me. I guess I did need someone to talk to. Remember that.. if you ever need that too, I'll be here." She smiled, again, that smile.

"It's no problem, and thank you, I appreciate it."

"See you tomorrow?"

"Yeah, see you tomorrow." I smiled, turning around to leave.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

5.7K 96 13
Hwang Hyunjin x Reader Fanfic After your breakup your unsure of yourself. That really left a dent in you for a bit. But life has its ups and downs. Y...
613K 17.9K 72
a hwang hyunjin fanfic ( hyunjin x fem reader) 𝐢𝐧 𝐰𝐡𝐢𝐜𝐡 𝐭𝐰𝐨 𝐚𝐬𝐩𝐢𝐫𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐚𝐫𝐭 𝐬𝐭𝐮𝐝𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐬 𝐨𝐧 𝐞𝐚𝐜𝐡 𝐞𝐧𝐝 𝐨𝐟 𝐚 𝐬𝐜𝐡𝐨...
741K 25.7K 52
choi y/n gets broken up with by her boyfriend of 1 year, hwang hyunjin, not knowing the real reason behind it. she tries her best to forget about wha...
43.9K 1.6K 34
"They say even monsters have weaknesses." Hyunjin is not a good person. His order was to kidnap you for ransom. He's always operated in a cold and m...