Light, Darkness, Balance

By Soulwanderer58

Adam, an orphan boy who now lives with a foster family is traumatized for years after managing to get out of... More

Prologue
Demon sightings
Can't even get a spring break
Mutant monster fish attack
Adam's guardian angel
First meet with the Goetia prince
The angry Goetia princess
Bad news from the cherubs
The mall takeover
Fight fire with fire
Checking in
Rude awakening
Space and dreams
Making new Frenemies/ At I.M.P. building
The harvest moon festival
Tea party with Stella
Nick's reunion with an old enemy
The blind priest
Spooky fun at the amusement park
Robo fizz's last laugh
Rough night
Agents of D.H.O.R.K.S. Part 1
Agents of D.H.O.R.K.S. Part 2
Demon problem
Back once again
Henry and the demon popstar
Well, here we go again
Loona's roommate/Jim's training in wrath
A little talk with a spider
Violet's tale
Found in a hotel
Henry's story of high school and football
Reopened mall
Find the truth, or the truth will find you
Ozzie's part 1: Setting the stage
Ozzie's part 2: The stage begins
Ozzie's part 3: The goetia's curse
The aftermath of Ozzie's
Getting to the hotel
Reunited at last
Nick vs Julius round 2
Samurai and snakes
The desired answer for Adam
Adam's beginnings
The big decision
The secret audio
A sudden visit
Letter to Nick/Stella's brother
Adam's pain and suffering
Epilogue

Jim's trip to the wrath ring

1K 7 0
By Soulwanderer58

Jimmy is sound asleep on the floor of moxxie and mille's apartment. Jimmy was able to get comfortable to sleep. As hours went by, jimmy is having trouble sleeping. He begins to hear voices in his dreams. 

"Nerd, geek, loser." "Hey look, its Mister smarty pants walking by." Jimmy keeps hearing those voices. Its bringing back the memories he wished he had long forgotten. Now its back to haunt him. He was able to forget something he never wanted to talk about, it was awful. So awful. "No, not this." "I don't wanna remember this." 

"Hey nerd, do my homework." "Then maybe I won't try to pick on ya." "Now do it." Jimmy continues to hear those voices he never wants to hear. Thankfully his dream sequence is over, when jimmy felt a shove. He felt being pushed back and forth, then he hears mille. "Jimmy, jimmy wake up, wake up." Jimmy opened his eyes, and sees it was mille who was trying to get jimmy up. "Come on, let's go get ready." Jimmy sees the excitement in her eyes. "Ready for what?" Jimmy asked as he got his glasses beside him and put it on. 

"Why to the harvest moon festival. Its gonna be so much fun." Mille said in excitement. "Yeah, now put those on. We're heading out." Blitzo said. "Hold it, when did you get here?" Jimmy wondered. "Well, he had ways getting in this place. That's all I can explain." Moxxie said. Jimmy grabs the clothes that blitz threw for him to wear. He quickly notices their country themed, like cowboys stuff. He was given the classic cowboys pants, a shirt with a sleeveless vest, and a cowboy hat. Jimmy put them on before asking mille. "So, why am I dressing up like a cowboy?" Jimmy asked. "Well, we're going to the wraith ring. Its were all the local imps live. More importantly, me and Moxxie were born here." Mille said. "Its Texas themed, just FYI." Moxxie added. "Wow, I'm going to another ring?" Jimmy asked. 

"Of course, just wait until you see it, and even meet my family." Mille said. The mention of Millie's  family got jimmy worried. "Uh, are you sure? What would your family think about a human here in hell? Or even in a wraith ring? If that's where all the imps live, I'm not sure I feel safe. They would rip me to pieces." Jimmy said in a scared tone. "Don't worry, my family is nice once you get to know them." Mille said. "Yeah, besides. You got me and mille with ya." Moxxie said. "Hey don't forget about me, I'm in this room ya know."Blitzo added. "Oh, cool. Thanks." Jimmy said. "No problem kid, now come on we can't waste any time." Blitzo leaves the room by going out from a window, and falls down on the ground. "I'm ok." Blitzo said. 

"Oh yeah, good news. Adam, and violet will be there." "Turns out Blitzo found them both. What he told me was a similar story of how we found ya." Moxxie said. "B told us he found them in the playground as he was getting back with some coffee." Mille added. This made jimmy happy with the news Adam and violet are found. "Thank goodness their alright. At least I won't be the only human going to the wrath ring." Jim said. "Come on cowboy, we better not keep B waiting." Mille said. Jim nodded in response, and went out of the apartment with the couple. 

Jimmy got in the back passage side, and sat in the right side. While adam is next to loona, and loona is next to violet on the left side. "Hey jim, how's hell?" Loona asked. "What do you think?" Jim said while giving her an obvious look, loona didn't need to answer cause she already knows how it went for him. "Your lucky those two found ya, could had been someone way worse." Loona said. "Trust me, I know which is worst when I see a demon." Jimmy replied. 

"So, you kiddos buckled up? Oh wait a minute, who gives a shit anyway. Let's just ride." Blitzo turned the keys, turned the engine on, and drove off to the wraith ring. An hour of the ride in the van passed, and jimmy sees the landscape is different from last time. It now looked like their now in Texas. There's cactus, cause of course it ain't Texas without cactus. Then the grass out there looked dry. Oh and the tumbleweed was rolling out there. Yep, looks like their now in the wrath ring. "Ok, kids looks like we're here. So try not to make an ass out of yourselves ok?" Blitzo said. "STOP, calling us KIDS!" Violet said in an angry voice. "Ok? Good." Blitzo said.

The van passed by a sign that says: Rough 'N Tumbleweed Ranch. Blitzo stopped the van with his brakes. From the window, Jim sees the two imps from the windshield. 

 One is waving at the van, Jim guessed its mille's parents. "Are they gonna be ok with humans staying?" Jim asked. "Yeah, its not like they see humans that often." Adam chimed in. "Don't worry, mills told her parents about it." Blitzo said. "What?" Adam and Jim said at the same time." "Yep, and don't you worry. They said you humans can stay, just as long you behave." Mille said. "No problem." "That's good." " Fair enough."  The three humans said. Mille was the first to get out, and greeted her parents. 

"Mama, Daddy!" Mille hugged her dad, and her dad hugs her back. Then spin her around, and placing her down. "Yeeee-hawww! How's my deadly little pumpkin spice doing?" Her dad said while ruffling Mille's hair.

"I'm good, pa! Thanks for lettin' us stay here for the harvest jamboree." Mille said. "It's no trouble. We know you aren't making as much anymore since y'all went 'freelance." Her mom said.  "Freelance pays fine, Ma! We're doin' fiiiiine! Its fine." Mille said. Mille went to Moxxie who's having trouble with the luggage. 

"Anyway, y'all remember my husband Moxxie? Mille shoves Moxxie who's nervous, and her mom and dad gives him a not so happy look. Looking like their not happy to see his face. "Hmph." Her dad grunts. "Greetings, Lin! Joe!" "How you been, uh, with all the...flaming twisters and stuff around here?" Moxxie said as he held out his hand nervously. "We lost our old farm hand to one of them terrors last week." Joe said a little angry at Moxxie.  Moxxie laughed nervously "Oh crumbs. My bad! I am so sorry. I-I didn't mean to open the wound...sir" Moxxie said still nervously trying his best to apologize. "Hey, watch it! I'm the 'sir' here, bucko!" Blitzo said. 

Back at Blitzo's van. Jimmy, Adam, and violet sat and watched the chat go on outside. Jimmy could tell something isn't going well with Moxxie. 

"Damn, I don't think her parents isn't happy to see him." Jimmy thought. "What makes you think that?" Violet asked. "Well I saw her parents giving them a look of disapproval, that's how I know." Jimmy answered. "That's a good observation. You think they would react the same the moment we get out of the car?" Adam said. "So where are those living humans your talking about?" Joe asked. "Oh their in the car still." Blitzo answered. "Ill get them." Mille said 

Mille went to the van, and opened the right door of the van. "Hey guys, come on and meet my folks." Mille said. "Well its ShowTime. Time to reveal ourselves." Violet said. "Here we go." Adam said. The three each got out of their van. "Violet went out first from her side of the door, jimmy went out next from his side, and Adam got out last. 

They revealed themselves to Joe and Lin, and expected the same reaction that Moxxie got. But received the oh my gosh reaction instead. "Well ill be dammed, you really did actually brought them." Joe said. "Actually they didn't, long short story. That demon snake brought us here." Jimmy said. "Wait, that demon snake?" Joe asked. "The one with inventions, yes. Pentious." Moxxie said. "Oh you poor kids, you three don't deserve to be in this place." Lin said.  

"This is Jimmy, violet, and Adam." Mille said while each pointing at each human she introduced. "Hi." Adam said in a nervous tone. Adam? Your Adam? Who escaped the purge?" Joe asked. "Yep, that's me." Adams said. "Well who knew we actually meet the one who survived the purge? They say, no one ever survives it." Joe said. "Yep, I hear that a lot. It was a tough battle for me, for seven years..." Adam replied. 

"Y'know... more battles were won by technological advances in warfare. I've researched the history of weaponry extensively, and it's inspiring how... for example, the progression of guns utilizing angelic technology has changed the landscape of Hell's combative..." Mille signals him to stop the sentence. "I mean... War fun!" Moxxie said in an awkward voice. "Guns get the job done. But a man ain't nothin' if he can't tear the head of a hellish beast with only his bare hands!" Joe said. "HAAA! He's right, Moxxie! You got cute wittle baby hands baby hands like your baby dick! Blitzo was about to grab Moxxie's part, but Moxxie slaps him away. 

"Refrain... sir." Moxxie tells Blitzo "Speakin' of strong hands, y'all should meet our newest help. "Hey! "Striker! Joe called. They hear something coming, like the horse is clopping. "Hey that's sounds like-" Jimmy was about to say, but Blitzo finishes the sentence. "Horsey?" Blitzo geeked out. The horse that's in flames, leaped over to the fence and rears up and roars. This spooked jimmy and hid behind Adam. While Blitzo is admiring the horse. 

"Well, howdy! Oh, lookie here! You must be the famous Mildred!" Striker gets off the horse. 
"Heard some good things about you from your folks, little lady. Striker said and winked at Millie.
 "Ohhh!" Mille laughed sheepishly. "What're y'all doin' so far away from Imp City? Heh. The free workin' finally slowin' down?" Striker said as he shakes her hand. 

  Oh no! Freelance isn't free! It's a-" Mille stopped herself from repeating the same sentence. "Never mind.  We're just visitin' for the festival. The prince is our boss' boyyyyfrieeeend! Millie said in a dramatic voice picking on Blitzo. "Millie, I am not above hitting a female in front of her daddy." Blitzo protested. "I don't know, blitz could secretly be gay with a furry owl." Violet whispered. "I heard that." Blitzo said, hearing what violet whispered behind his back. 

 "Boss, huh?" Striker figures out why millie called blitzo boss. "Ohhh, so YOU'RE the bold imp to start his own killing biz?" Striker said. "Yeah, well if you're good at somethin', you should probably capitalize." Blitzo said. "Not many Imps start businesses on their own. That's pretty impressive, sir." Striker complimented. "Oh...! Yeah? It is-- I- I- I guess- I guess it is, isn't it?" Blitzo said feeling happy with the compliment he got. 

"So you even conned that ditzy blueblood into gettin' you to the surface?" Striker wondered while shaking blitzo's hand.  "Well, it's long and complicated, but the short answer is yes. But he's not like, you know-- W- We're y- We're not, like... We're not doing it... We w- What's betw- It's a transactional fucking, you see. Blitzo said while doin the hand language. 

"I think what he's trying to say is he screwed him in bed." Violet said. Loona, and millie shared a chuckle. Even moxxie is trying not to laugh. "Do you ever shut up?" Blitzo said. "Nope." Violet replied. Adam and jim shared a little laugh. Blitzo gives adam and jim a glare, Adam and jim stopped, and whistled a tune. 

Striker notices the humans, and seems to be shocked to see them. "Well what have we here? Fresh living souls eh? What's your name little lady?" Striker asked. "Violet." Violet replied. "Well violet, I see you seem to have a tongue that could hit right where it hurts." Striker said. "Keep talking, and maybe I can find a nerve to strike yours next. No pun attended." Violet said. "Your a dangerous one. I like you. And who are you two?" Striker turns to Adam and jimmy.

"Jimmy, but you can me Jim for short if ya want." Jim said. "Adam." Adam said. "Oh, here we go." Loona said. "Adam eh? The one and only? Who escaped the purge alive?" Striker asked. "Yep, and I got proof." Adam rolled his sleeve, showing his scar. Joe and Lin looked at it in shock.
"Hmm, a scar? Who did this to ya?" Striker wondered. "An imp. I don't know what, but a wild one is all I can describe." Adam said. "Then I'm convinced. That was one hell of an escape." Striker said. "You had no idea." Adam replied. 

   "Y'know... you boys should enter the Pain Games!" Joe announced. Blitzo zoomed sideways to joe in excitement after hearing the word games. "I heard games! What games? I'm in!" Blitzo said. "Every harvest festival, there's a competition to be the roughest, toughest bastard in Wrath!" Lin said. "Sounds fun. Adam said. "Yeah! "Wish I could play!" Mille pouted with her arms crossed. "Millie, you know you get too carried away. The last competition ended in Fifteen separate funerals." Lin said "Funerals? On second thought, Ill just watch." Adam said, changing his mind. "The pain games has body count? Wow, no wonder." Violet said. 

    "I'm aware, but I only caused nine of them! How come Sallie May still gets to compete?" Millie pouted again crossing her arms in a childish way. "Your sister doesn't have a neighborhood head count." Lin said. "She so does!" Mille said. 

Millie's sister name Sallie May comes by with a sack on her back, and a rope that connects with the little imp. Who is also dragging a dead body.

"It doesn't count if they don't find the booooody"~ Sallie may says in a singing tune. Making Millie seethe in anger. 

"Still, you get to root for her and your brothers, and now you can cheer on your boss!" Lin said. "Y'know, she can also cheer for me." Moxxie said. Joe starts to wheeze, then laughs while slapping his leg. "Wait, you?" Joe said. "Yeah! I can compete, can't I?" Moxxie said, while taking a hit from Lin's elbow. "Sorry, boy, but I don't think sensitive, thespian types would last very long in the games." Joe said. "Hate to be the bearer of bad news, but I'm afraid he's right." Violet said. "I was born here, too! I have some fight in me!" Moxxie said in a drawl voice. "Huh. Well then, little fella... Why don'tcha help me wrangle one o' them hogs for dinner?" Striker pointed towards the hell hog in the pig pen. 

"Simple. Watch me!" Moxxie said. Striker makes a grin look. "Nah, with these." Striker hands Moxxie a dagger, and rope. "Bullets can't pierce the shell. You gotta get the knife underneath and pry yourself an openin'." Striker said. Moxxie gulps. "Oh! Right, right. I knew that." Moxxie said.  Blitzo leans in towards Moxxie, and grabs his shoulders. "Now just remember, your rep with the in-laws is on the line here! So, no pressure at all, you totally will not make an ass of yourself in front of everyone important in your life. Go get 'em, tiger." Blitzo shoves Moxxie. 

"Mox, you don't need to do this!" Millie said in concern. "Oh, he totally does. KICK ITS ASS, MOXXIE! YEAAAAAAAAAAAH!!" Blitzo cheered. Moxxie approached carefully, about to make his move. "I need to record this." Violet said. "Way ahead of you sister." Loona replied. Moxxie leaped forward, and wraps the rope around the hog's neck. Moxxie took the opportunity to strike him down, but it did no harm. Resulting the hog roaring, and runs around like crazy. 

"FUCK yeah, Moxxie! Ride it, Moxxie! Make it that bitch you won't call back in the morning!" Blitzo continued to cheer. " This is fucking beautiful." Loona started to record on her phone. with a grin look on her face. "This is just too good." Violet also started to record on her phone. Doin' great, Moxxie! Send me that video later." Blitzo whispered to loona. 

Jim was watching Moxxie struggling, knowing he won't succeed. Then he sees the worried look in Millie's eyes. She was worried for him. Jim no longer wants to watch Moxxie being humiliated like this. He had a thought, but it looks a bit dangerous. Especially since he's in hell. But Jim is giving it a shot. 

"Hey, can I give it a try?" Jim said. Everyone is surprised at what jim said. "Are you crazy jim?" Adam said. "Yeah, this isn't rodeo on earth." Violet chimed in. "Yeah, besides. You look weak like Moxxie is." Blitzo said. "I know I lack in strength. But there's no harm in trying." Jim said. 
"Say, I'm starting to like your spirit kid. Lin, why don't we let the human lad give it a go? We never seen a human rodeo in hell after all. This I must see with my own eyes." Joe said. 
"Oh crap, you think its gonna end well?" Violet and loona look at each other, and makes a grin. 
"Only one way to find out." Loona replied. "Oh, now this is even better. Also send me that later." Blitzo said. 

"Well, ok Jim. "But remember, you asked for it." Lin warned him. Jim hopped over the fence, and carefully approached the hog. "Jimmy? What are you doing?" Moxxie asked. "Taking the driver seat." Jimmy said. "What?" Moxxie said. "Just do it." Jim said. "For a human, your crazy. But ok. I hope you know what your in for. On a count of three. One. Two. Three." Moxxie jumped off and passed the dagger to jimmy. And jimmy jumped on the hog's back. Trying so hard to hang on tight. 

"GO JIM JIM, SHOW THE HOG WHO'S REALLY THE BOSS!!" Blitzo once again cheered Jim tried jabbing on its back, but it had no effect. So Jim looked at its shell, and sees that striker is right about guns can't pierce anything. So he looks carefully for any weak spot he could find. The best to look, its the underbelly. "Perfect. Ill start with this." Jimmy jabbed the hog in the belly, and started to bleed. The hog screamed in pain. "Look at that, he found one of its weak spots." Joe said. Jim continued to stab that hog, and tries to see if he could find any better ones. He put his finger on its neck, and sees of he could find any soft spots. His finger felt a hard shell, and eventually. He felt something soft. "Gotcha."

Jim lands a stabbing blow on the soft part of its neck. More blood came out, the hog screamed in pain one last time, and collapsed to the ground. Everyone, and even striker and Moxxie was surprised to see jimmy landed a killing blow on the hog. Jimmy fell to the ground, and got up. "Wow, what a ride." Jim said. 

 Jimmy helps Moxxie up. "You ok Moxxie?" Jimmy asked. "Yeah, just my clavicle." Moxxie replied. Jimmy and Moxxie hopped over the gate. Striker hopped on over the fence to go pick up the lifeless hog. "Yee-Haw! Jim the human actually slayed the hog." Jim patted his back. "Come here sugar." Lin gives Jim a hug. Sallie may in the distance, saw the entire rodeo. And she's impressed at jimmy. "Um, I think your crushing me Mille's mom." Jim said.

"Oh, sorry Jim." "Oh and you can call me Lin hon." Lin said as she let go of Jim. "Jim Jim, I doubted you for a longtime. But holy shit you proved me wrong. I'm starting to give you a tiny respect, that's all your gonna get from me kid." Blitzo said. Striker comes back with the dead hog. Not bad, for a human. Who knew a weakling like you was able to use that noggin of yours to strike the hog where it hurts?" Striker said. "Well I'm not strong, but I do have some decent intelligence." Jimmy said. "That you do, that you do." Striker let out a chuckle. 

Striker turns his face towards Moxxie. "Don't worry, little one. You never stood a chance." Jimmy suddenly gets a flash back. He remembers the time he lost in a basket ball game to a jock. "Don't worry little one. You never stood a chance." Hearing those words told similarly to Moxxie made his fist go tight in anger. Moxxie growls at striker, but sees he's not the only one who's angry at striker. He could tell cause jimmy's fist got tight. Sallie may, and Millie took note of jimmy's hand as well. 

"Hey, boss man!" "You wanna help the men skin this thing for dinner?" Striker asked. "Oh, I am always down to skin the manly meat with the manly men!" Blitzo said. "That's what she said! Loona joked. "What?" "Who said?" "Wait, what bitch is talking shit about me?!" Blitzo said in an angry tone. "You coming Jim?" Adam asked. "You guys go on, ill catch up." Jim said. Adam nodded, and went off to the house.  

"Hey Moxxie, you doing alright? Jim asked. "Yeah, just a little." Moxxie replies. "Don't let 'em get to you." Millie said. "Yeah, he's just being a showoff. Picking on the weak just to make himself look good." Jimmy said with a sign of anger.  "And hey, you don't need my parents to respect you. They will eventually." Millie said. 

"No they won't." Sallie may said. Millie glares in response. "What? I'm right, ain't I?" Sallie may said. "Oh, I'mma enter in those games." Moxxie said with determination. Millie sighs in worry for Moxxie. "Hmm, how pissed would you be if I bet on him dyin'?" Sallie may said. Millie didn't answer, but just gives her sister a glare again. Sallie may notices jimmy here. 

"You on the other hand, I think I would bet on you. And see if you actually survive this pain games. So, you thinking about joining?" Sallie may bends to Jim's height, close to Jimmy's face. Jimmy started to blush a little. "Um, not sure about that. I think, I think I need to think about it." Jimmy stutters. "Ok. Oh and by the way. Good job out there." Sallie may winks at jimmy and leaves. Jimmy is not sure what to even process, after being hit on by Millie's sister. 

Jimmy sees Blitzo who is at the window, giving him a thumbs up. Which means he must had saw what happened. "Oh shoot, he saw the entire thing. He's gonna embarrass the crap out of me." Jimmy said. "That's blitz for ya." Moxxie said. "Come on, let's get you two cleaned up." Mille said. Millie, Moxxie, and Jimmy went inside the house. 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

93.6K 1.2K 26
Before you were close to death, you were given a power that would soon be feared by many in hell. You've recently started working at IMP and have unc...
29.7K 858 26
Six months ago Blitzo was kidnapped and suffered at the hands of his abusers. The incident has forced him to become a shell of his former self. His m...
1.4M 24K 199
Helluva Boss and Hazbin Hotel One-Shots book, enjoy one helluva ride^^ Requests ||CLOSED|| - Updated 27th October 2021 Written: December 2020 - Octob...
70.2K 1.3K 9
●・○・●・○・● First of all, it starts with a simple knock on the door. An angry looking demon storms in and demands to see Blitzo, to have a chat with hi...