Home, Bitter Home

By Omah_005_

Fierce, rich and bold Ellen Carson after the death of a family member allegedly by the doings of her lover fl... More

CHAPTER ONE
CHAPTER TWO
CHAPTER THREE
CHAPTER FOUR
CHAPTER FIVE
CHAPTER SIX
CHAPTER SEVEN
CHAPTER EIGHT
CHAPTER NINE
CHAPTER TEN
CHAPTER ELEVEN
CHAPTER TWELVE.
CHAPTER THIRTEEN
CHAPTER FOURTEEN
CHAPTER FIFTEEN
CHAPTER SIXTEEN
CHAPTER SEVENTEEN
CHAPTER EIGHTEEN
CHAPTER NINETEEN
CHAPTER TWENTY
CHAPTER TWENTY- TWO
CHAPTER TWENTY-THREE
CHAPTER TWENTY- FOUR
CHAPTER TWENTY-FIVE
CHAPTER TWENTY-SIX
CHAPTER TWENTY-SEVEN

CHAPTER TWENTY- ONE

35 11 14
By Omah_005_

I can clearly remember the vigorous activities of last night and I feel wasted. Stretching, I felt the other side of the bed empty and warm, then Donald came in.

"Where did you go?" I asked.

"I brought breakfast. Intriguing cook you have."

"You went out looking like that?" I pointed at the drawers he had on. He had his well toned chest and sexy abs on display to the world outside my room, the big dragon tattoo across his left chest made him more appealing. Such godlike creation seemed so close but yet so far from my grasp. I was still alert, "Margaux didn't see you?"

"No, she didn't. Problems?" He inquired.

"None," I decided.

"Are you hungry?"

"Famished."

Donald snickered and brought the tray of food to the bed, "like I said, your chef is one funny man."

"Don't get me started on Delroy," Donald chuckled. I started on the scrambled eggs, "You didn't see Margaux outside?"

"No, only saw the chef."

I wonder why Margaux wasn't here yet but I'm glad she is not.

I thanked Donald for the breakfast and went to shower. I chose an ash suit with a white shirt, and Donald wore his trouser and shirt of last night but held his jacket.

"Okay, so you need to get out of here before Margaux comes," I told him.

"Why do you bother?"

"Because it is Margaux."

I walked slowly in front of Donald, paying attention to every little noise. Everything went smoothly and we reached the door without drawing attention.

"Okay. Bye," I announced in a hurry to let him go.

"I'll see you later?"

"Yes."

Donald took my hand and grinned at me for a while. Never did I know that a second wasted was enough.

"Ellen!...Ellen?!" I heard Margaux calling.

I stiffened, "Y-Yes?!"

"Is that you trying to sneak a man out of the house again without me knowing?"

"Yes!"

"Oh, okay then! But if he has not left yet tell him to join us for breakfast!"

"Lovely housekeeper she is," Donald commented. He was smiling sheepishly. "Why do you even try?"

"She is not always welcome to my 'behaviors'. So it's out of respect." I inhaled deeply, "Margaux we've already had breakfast!"

"Tea then?!"

"I'll take tea," Donald pushed past me and went back inside. This time, I facepalmed myself thinking just what to do with him.

By the time I went back, they were at the table and Margaux was trying the –take care of my daughter– crap. I find it utterly useless because there will be nobody taking care of me.

"Margaux, I do not appreciate what you are doing," I told her.

"Que suis-je en train de faire : what am I doing?" She looked at me feigning innocence.

"This," I pointed between them.

"I'm only making sure he is a fine young man."

"And why are you doing that?" I folded my arms.

"So we'll know what you're getting into."

"I am not gettin–"

"Stop that behavior! We have a guest!"

"Oh don't worry, I'm used to it," Donald meddled.

"Who asked you?!" I inquired, he only chuckled. How dare he? What exactly is 'use to'?

Instead, I ignored them, went for a cookie, and left to see Delroy. I'd rather avoid whatever was being said because today I feel particularly good and if averting the question of 'what next' will keep it so, then that I will do. And save such complicated thinkings for my meeting with the doctor today. But I highly doubt she will have things to feed my thoughts as her talks are still way last week and I don't take her seriously most times, but I won't deny that speaking with her does tidy my head.

Landre should fix my schedule for today so that after seeing the doctor I'd be done. I don't think I have much doing, the review that was dropped for me before, meeting the board managers, that would have been it but I sure know that something was meant to be there...

"Shit," I muttered.

"Mademoiselle, you haven't left? Bonjour!" Delroy greeted as I entered the kitchen.

"Yes," I responded and turned back.

How could I forget Nathan Filer?! I had just one job, to remember and be there on time, but I didn't. After all the recent spontaneous changes to my routine who wouldn't?! There goes my good mood. Damnit!

"Are you ready to go?" I bumped into Donald.

"Yes!"

"What happened?" Donald raised an eyebrow.

"I'm late! I have this important meeting and I'm late!"

"Okay, let's go."

I quickly grabbed my phone from the table and left.

Everybody called me, Landre sent me like a million texts but I replied to none.

Donald stepped on the gas while I tried to get hold of Landre, he wasn't picking and neither was Stacy. I've tried countless times to no avail and it's frustrating. They've all been bothering my phone but now can't pick the damn call!

This time, I tried the receptionist and it went through. "Carson Corps. How may I help you?"

"Hello! It's me!" I declared.

"Excuse me?"

"It's Ellen Carson! What's going on?!" I shouted for her incompetence?

"Madame!" She realized. "I hear things are not going very well up there."

"Get me Landre."

"Please hold on."

She put me on hold?! I'm here waiting restlessly in a that turned stuffy despite the air conditioning. I am vexed and Donald looking at me now and then like I would soon explode wasn't helping.

"Madame, I put Ruff on the other line," she came back.

"I said get me..."

"Hello?! Madame, you didn't tell us you'd be late. These guys are doing well to hide their irritation but we can tell." Ruff only elevated my anger, did I know I would be late?!

I breathed slowly to calm down. "Where is Landre?

" I'll try and see, hold on."

"Ruff, take me..."He put me on hold again and I groaned loudly.

"Ellen, calm down. It'll be okay, I'll get you there." Donald encouraged. I only stared at him unfazed, I wanted to smile but nothing happened, nod but couldn't, laugh mockingly at myself but didn't. I could only frown inwardly.

I hear a crack in the line and spoke, "Landre?"

"Madame, Landre is trying to distract them." I heard Stacy say.

"You should do that!" I left every control I was holding onto, "Now someone should get me my assistant or all your sorry asses will be kissing your jobs goodbye when I get there!"
My breathing was haggard, isn't anyone listening to what I'm saying?!

"Ellen, where the hell are you?!" I finally heard Landre. "Don't tell me you forgot, you had just one job! Remember to be early and I'll remind you the rest!"

"I forgot, deal with it! Landre, you have to do this one."

"You said what?!"

"It's no big deal, you do it countless times!"

"No, I don't! Who will do it is usually given while planning and you said you will take this one!"

"I can't make it!"

"Even if I do it, you have to be present at the end!"

"I might be there."

"What?!"

I looked at Donald and trusted I'll make it. I nodded but Landre wouldn't see me, "I'll be there."

"Ellen, get here fast!"

I looked at Donald again. "Don't look at me, I'm stepping on it!" He commented, I shook my head amused.

By the time I got to the conference room, Landre had begun. I exhaled sharply and held my head high then entered.

They all looked at me, I inclined in greeting, took my seat at the head of the long table, crossed my leg, and nodded for them to proceed.

~~~

I had rushed out of the car without him parking properly when we reached that I didn't care to check whether Donald followed me or not. After the meeting, I went to my office to know and was delighted he did.

I jumped into Donald when I saw him because turns out all I was needed for was to sign the papers, Landre did a clean job.

Donald laughed at me and returned the hug. I liked the way his laugh sounded as I was pressed against his chest. I raised my head to look at him, he cupped my cheek and rested his forehead on mine.

My heart was beating just as fast as his, to the same rhythm, I was fascinated and know he is too.

"You were panicking for nothing," Donald mumbled.

"Mm-hmm," I blinking multiple times. Realizing I was lost, I quickly loosened my grip and stepped away, Donald smiled. "There's no need to tease me."

"Okay, I won't," he chuckled. From my excitement, it wouldn't take much for anyone to realize I got what was going for and Donald wasn't blind.

"I would love to hang around," Donald announced. "But I need to be somewhere."

"Don't sugarcoat it, you need to go is you need to go. I'll walk you." We went out together.

I watched Donald enter the car and start it.

He gestured me to come closer. "Lunch, with me?"

I thought about it first, "sure," and nodded.

Donald smiled and drove off.

I stood there for some time, staring at the spot he left, thinking of everything but nothing.

Shaking my head to clear, I turned to go and bumped into Jo.

"Wasn't that Monsieur Xavier?"

Was this chapter entertaining for you?

Tell me what you loved about it.

Halo!!!! This update was meant for yesterday which was Friday, I didn't because I was carried away with a novel I was reading and forgot mine, I'm crazy I know.

Guys, I'm running low on pre-written chapters and right now I'm not writing new ones because I don't have the inspiration yet, but I will try to stick to my three times a week schedule. May the Lord be my strength.

And the next update will still be tomorrow, Sunday.

Happy weekend folks!!!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

470K 14.3K 35
Xavier King:- 28 years Old business man. CEO of Maxwell & King Co. Multi-billionaire, Sexy, Intelligent, Cocky, Possesive, Devilishly handsome. He is...
92.2K 3.1K 42
"I trusted you Xavier. You said you'll never leave. You said you loved me. Like a fool I am I believed you" she said in a broken defeated voice. "Wel...
1.9K 12 16
My thoughts wandered to the incident that just happened. I can still feel Luc's breathe in my hair, against my neck. "You are the most beautiful woma...
162K 2.6K 43
🚧 UNDER CONSTRUCTION 🚧 γ€€In editing process, first book, revamping in progressγ€€ ❝ πΏπ‘œπ“‹π‘’ 𝑀𝒢𝒹𝑒 𝒯𝒽𝑒 π’Ÿπ’Άπ“ƒπ‘”π‘’π“‡ 𝐼𝓃 π’΄π‘œπ“Š πΏπ‘œπ‘œπ“€ 𝐿𝒾𝓀...