Remember Your Worth | Jackson...

Por Kaneeeeeeee

✨ Complete ✨ follow Sage Bailey's journey as she conquers the halls of Grey-Sloan. a kick-ass neonatologist... Más

cast
one
two
three
four
five
six
seven
eight
nine
ten
eleven
twelve
thirteen
fourteen
fifteen
sixteen
seventeen
eighteen
nineteen
twenty
twenty-one
twenty-two
twenty-three
twenty-four
twenty-five
twenty-six
twenty-seven
twenty-eight
twenty-nine
thirty
thirty-one
thirty-two
thirty-three
thirty-four
thirty-five
thirty-six
thirty-seven
thirty-eight
thirty-nine
forty
forty-one
forty-two
forty-three
forty-four
forty-five
forty-six
forty-seven
forty-eight
forty-nine
fifty
fifty-one
fifty-two
fifty-three
fifty-four
fifty-five
fifty-six
fifty-seven
fifty-eight
fifty-nine
complete
bonus chapter
bonus chapter: two
bonus chapter: three
bonus chapter: four
bonus chapter: five
bonus chapter: six
bonus chapter: seven
bonus chapter: eight
bonus chapter: nine
bonus chapter: ten
bonus chapter: eleven
bonus chapter: twelve
bonus chapter: thirteen
bonus chapter: fourteen
bonus chapter: fifteen
bonus chapter: sixteen
bonus chapter: seventeen
bonus chapter: eighteen
final bonus chapter: twenty

bonus chapter: nineteen

657 11 0
Por Kaneeeeeeee

"So, you're going to fulfill this new leadership position from Boston?" Aunt Mir asked.

"I am." Jackson replied.

"Not here, in Seattle, where you work? For me."

"Nope."

"And you're taking Sage? Who also works for me.."

Jackson glanced to me then back to her, holding out the paper.

"My official resignation. I have to take off first thing in the morning."

"What?!"

"Bailey, I know it's sudden, and I apologize. It's just... It's a really good thing. The work I'm gonna be able to do, the changes we'll be able to enact from the foundation... It's gonna be really great for all of us."

Aunt Mir looked to me then Richard, huffing.

"It would have been better if you'd have left me a surgeon who's double board certified in plastics and ENT."

"Pretty good list of recommendations on the second page there." He smirked when she looked at it.

"Wait. Why am I the only one who's surprised? Did you know about this?"

"I did. It wasn't my news to share." Richard confessed.

"I went to see my dad, who I realized my entire life has shown me exactly the kind of man I never want to be. Checked out and unwilling to really fight for anything." Jackson said, smiling.

"The two of you showed me the opposite. Example after example of not giving in to hopelessness and despair and consistently resist complacency. You get up over and over and over again and fight. I learned the kind of surgeon, the kind of father, the kind of person I wanted to become from you. I'm always gonna be grateful for that."

"We're proud of you, Avery." Aunt Mir grinned.

"I'm proud of you, son." Richard said, hugging him.

"And Sage? Am I losing my best neonatologist too?"

They all turned to me, waiting for my answer. I cleared my throat, remembering my conversation with Rae.

"Are you really divorcing dad?"

"I don't want to talk about that. Have you started packing?"

"Don't treat me like a kid, mom. I heard you guys in Montana. You said you would leave him if we agreed to move to Boston. So, are you staying here?" She rambled.

"Raegan, please.." I huffed, growing annoying as I thought about our debate.

"Fine. All I'm saying is, don't break the family up. He has you covered with a job and whatever you want. We're happy too. Hopefully there will be some cute boys."

"How long ago did you and Joseph break up?" I inquired.

"Not that long but he's old news. Boston is new news and I'm ready.."

"I don't think Sage-"

"Uh, yeah, sorry. Can't leave the kids alone with their dad. You see he has blonde hair now." I stated, noticing Jackson's small smile.

"Oh no." Aunt Mir whispered..

"We're sorry, Bailey. We promise to replace ourselves with the best but we gotta run. Got a few more things to handle."

They nodded, looking to each other then to me.

"To clarify what just happened, Jackson and Sage are now..."

"Our bosses." Richard finished her sentence.

"We won't act like it. At least I won't, he does have an entire foundation to handle." I said, hoping that helped.

After walking off, I found Jackson in the lounge with Meredith. Her sad eyes stared into my soul when I entered.

"And you, how could you? You both are just ditching us like that? Do you even know how cold it gets in Boston?"

"Yes, Meredith. I did spend the first years of my life there." Jackson answered, chuckling.

"Well, good luck finding any racism." She commented.

"So, what's first on the agenda?"

Jackson glanced to me with a grin.

"Making sure everyone is settled in, happy. That's what comes first."

"And then change the world?" Meredith smiled.

"And then change the world." Jackson agreed.

"I'm gonna miss you so much." I whined, tightly hugging her.

"I'll miss you way more. Now I have to find someone else to dump my kids off on."

"Sadly."

Her smile slowly dropped.

"So... I win."

"How's that?" Jackson inquired.

"I'm the last man standing. Everyone else has either abandoned me or died. We were the only three left."

"You think they're giving out a medal for that? I could... I could stick around." Jackson joked.

"They probably should, because it sucks. Have you told Daveed?"

"Yeah. He doesn't care, he'll probably visit too many times in a month."

Mer loudly sighed.

"No... after all these years, you guys are leaving. Did I ever tell you what I thought the first time I met you?"

Jackson chuckled.

"Oh, God. Um.. legacy hire, probably."

Mer laughed, nodding.

"Sort of. I thought, "That's a big name to live up to." I mean, Avery.."

"I mean, you would know. Ellis was a phenomenal surgeon."

"Mm. If only she was as good a mother." Mer rolled her eyes.

"I honestly can't imagine a time when the name wasn't ruined." Jackson confessed.

"It isn't ruined. It took some well-deserved hits, and you are making it your own. You're reinventing it. I'm impressed."

"Well, don't give up hope. There's still plenty of time for you to make something of your life, kid." He poked her shoulder.

"Okay, now you can go before I start crying."

I laughed, hugging her then letting go.

"I guess this is, uh... the real thing, huh? This is it." I softly said.

Mer cleared her throat, slightly smiling.

"I just didn't want this to be our, uh... I-I didn't want it to be our goodbye." Jackson sadly spoke.

"I don't want this to be our big goodbye. I'll see you guys later, okay?  You go give 'em hell, Avery. And no more babies, Sage."

"Well, thanks for showing me how." He smiled.

"And no more babies." I smiled.

When we finally got home, Catherine was waiting. She had tears in her eyes and looked like she'd been crying for a few days.

"Is everything okay?" Jackson asked.

"Daddy!" Sky shouted, running past her and into his arms.

"Why are you wet, babe?" I asked, looking at the water drip.

"Kai pushed me in the pool. I couldn't breathe."

"You're a liar! She jumped." Kai shouted, running out to defend himself.

"Why would I jump with my clothes on?"

"Enough, you two. Kai, I know you're not done packing so go finish. Sky, you're wet. Go change so you don't get sick, we'll talk about what happened later. Cool? Thank you."

As they ran back inside, Catherine slowly approached us. She suddenly embraced us then let go.

"I'm so, incredibly proud of you."

Seguir leyendo

También te gustarán

1.3M 35.6K 98
❝I'm not going anywhere, because you're the one.❞ She was the fall he had always desired. He was the warmth she never knew she needed. They were love...
8.4K 244 13
Evangeline Arrowood is the youngest Arrowood and is trying not to let the family name down while also trying to make a difference. Follow her journey...
184K 7K 61
Sage Sloan is the younger sister of Mark Sloan. She grew up with the Shepherd family along with her brother until she enlisted in the Army. 9 years l...
25.9K 704 22
"You were like coming up for fresh air. It was like I was drowning and you saved me." ~Derek Shepherd Melissa Gordon is a surgical intern at Seattle...