A Second Chance (Marco x Fem...

By jen123454321

'You look over to the spot your parents were standing not even a half a minute ago. Your ears were ringing, t... More

General info before reading
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9 - Pt.1
Chapter 9 - Pt.2
Chapter 9 - Pt. 3
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
A/N, Quick easter vacay
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Marco's mom
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59 (NSFW)
Chapter 60
Chapter 61
Chapter 62
Chapter 63
Chapter 64
Chapter 65
Chapter 66
Chapter 67
Chapter 68
Chapter 69
Chapter 70
Chapter 71
Chapter 72
Chapter 73
Chapter 74 (Finale); The Aftermath...
Reminder for anime-onlys!:)

Chapter 54

685 34 19
By jen123454321

You were met with cheers louder than you've ever heard before once you returned to Trost. The word about your arrival had spread like wildfire and the Trost population was in a state of bliss, the town decorated and prepped with celebratory banners, scout emblems and festival stands.

As you stood atop the wall with the eleven other survivors, clutching your newly recovered belongings in your arms while taking in the scene before you, you couldn't help but feel sad.

This was a huge victory for humanity, however it didn't happen without sacrifices and loss; and you lost so many. The others looked to be thinking along the same lines as you, none of them even as much as smirked.

This was a day to celebrate the titans defeat, yes, but also a day to mourn your fallen comrades.

~

You were woken up by a horrific scream. Hurriedly, in a clumsily manner, you yanked yourself up from the ground where you and Armin were napping, turning to face Eren's cell.

"Who... am I? What is this place?!", he said freaked out in his bed. Armin joined you by your side.

'He doesn't remember what is going on? He's been here for days already'

"Eren, relax! You're in the stockades. You and Mikasa are serving time for insubordination, remember?"

You had been visiting Eren and Mikasa daily, sometimes winding up falling asleep while sitting on the ground resting your back against the stone wall dividing the two cells. The both of them very much understood why they were confined, and there had been no incidents or outbursts of any kind while they were there... until now.

"Were you having a nightmare, Eren?", Mikasa asked him worked up, peeking out her head as far as she could through the bars so she could catch a glimpse of him as he walked up to you and Armin. Her hair was an absolute mess seeing she just woke up, but having been her roommate for four years it was a familiar sight to you.

"Yeah... I was...", he didn't finish the sentence, his voice sounded very off; confused and deflated.

"You just said 'who am I?'...", you started saying, hoping he would elaborate on what he meant, but he just seemed to become even more confused by that.

"Huh?"

"You did... Are you crying, Eren?", Mikasa asked him carefully. You turned to look at him, and sure enough, tears were glistening at the brim of his eyes, ready to fall any second. He stared down at the floor, seeming beyond baffled. Eventually he slouched alongside the bars until he reached the other end of it, slumping down to the ground with a thud facing away from you while leaning his back against it.

"I feel like I just woke up from the longest dream ever", he grabbed a slight hold of his hair while leaning his forehead against the palm of his hand. "No... not a dream... Memories. Just now I was connected to my dad's memories. That titan... It was you... Dina...". He seemed despaired by this information he had obtained; by the words coming out of his mouth, but they told you nothing.

...

Eventually, Armin had joined Eren in his cell, writing down the information as Eren told him about the memories and what it meant. You had gotten a hold of a basin of water and soap, as well as a brush, joining Mikasa in he cell to help her freshen up. The only instruction you and Armin had received was to not let them out, therefore permitting you to enter if you found it necessary.

Mikasa had cleaned herself, you currently brushing through her hair gently as you listened to what Eren told Armin.

"-People who inherit a titan power lives for 13  years before perishing. The owl called it 'The Curse of Ymir'. The founder Ymir lived that long after her power awakened, so it's only appropriate we live that long, too". You almost dropped the brush, your hands shaking the slightest bit as you processed what that meant.

'Then both Eren and Armin 'll be...'

"I've got 13 years left... And you—"

"Eight years left... Not even", Eren finished Armin's sentence for him. Mikasa's form sunk together as she tightened her grip around her knees, pressing them harder against her chest. You didn't say anything, only continuing to brush her hair with even more care-filled and soft movements while fighting to keep your breath steady.

"You're wrong. This has to be a mistake", Mikasa said with her head down between her arms. Eren didn't respond. "It's wrong". The boys on the other side of the wall were quiet for a moment more, the only sound heard was your brush working its way through Mikasa's hair that had long since been untangled.

"If one possessing the power of the nine titans dies without passing it on, the power is inherited by a baby yet to be born by a subject of Ymir", Eren said after a while. Subjects of Ymir... It was weird thinking about how you all by blood had the possibility of turning into titans, and that there exists people out there who don't possess that ability; who can't be turned into a titan even if they were injected with the serum. You almost felt like there was a ticking time-bomb inside of you- a mindless titan just waiting to take over your body. You shuddered at the thought. Eren continued to elaborate.

"It's as if all the  Subjects of Ymir are connected by something we can't see. One inheritor said they saw paths. The blood and bones that form a titan, and at times even memories and thoughts, are sent through those paths. All the paths cross at a single coordinate. In other words, that's... the Founding Titan"

~

"They'll let Eren and Mikasa out to join the meeting today, right?", Connie asked you as you sat and ate breakfast with him and the two others. Sasha and Moblit were still recovering, but more stable than before which was promising. Armin was nowhere to be seen, probably already in the cellars with the pair in question.

"Yeah. It's important that they are present for it, and Levi said they've had enough time to reflect about what they did anyways", you answered after swallowing down your last spoonful of oatmeal and berries.

You felt happy knowing they didn't have to sleep in that dark cellar anymore. For the last couple of months, Eren had been allowed a proper room after two months stuck sleeping in the cellars when he initially joined the Scouts with you. You felt bad he had to go back to the darkness after finally being allowed his own space above ground, but knowing it was temporary was a comforting thought.

"Oh, speaking of which, I promised to meet up with Armin and the others beforehand to bring them their clothes and escort the two to the meeting! I've got to go!", you said slightly panicked once you noticed the time.

You gave Marco a quick peck on the cheek before hurriedly putting on your long military coat while getting up from your seat. They snickered slightly watching you struggle. After finally getting your hands through the opening of the arm, you looked back at them while moving towards the door.

"See you guys at the meeting! Save me a seat!", you waved before running out of the hall, rushing through the corridors of HQ, only stopping to grab their uniforms and coats on the way.

Once descending the vast amount of stairs and entering the cellar, you spotted Armin standing beside Hange and Levi, and you started to voice out your apology for being late.

"I'm so—", Hange quickly covered your mouth with her hand once you reached her side, not taking her eyes off Eren. Coming over the initial surprise of her hand against your lips, you looked over at Levi and Armin, who were both silently watching Eren as well with the same expecting and curious expression as Hange; Levi less than of course. Hange let her arm fall and you finally turned your gaze to see what this was all about.

Eren was seemingly just standing there. Leaning against the wall, deep in thought with his hand propped by his chin- like he was posing for something. His stance was incredibly excessive, and you found yourself curious as to what he was thinking to not even notice the rest of you looking at him.

"...The Attack Titan", he said, no stated, with a confident and knowing tone.

'Who is he talking to?'

"What are you doing?", Hange finally broke the silence, asking the question on everyone's minds. Eren jumped slightly, turning his head to look at you. He looked confused, not saying a word.

"The Attack Titan", Hange imitated his voice while mimicking his excessively thoughtful stance against the wall. "Didn't you just do that?"

"No", he simply said. You raised your brows.

"Huh?! He did that, right? Didn't you three see that just now?", Hange said intensely, looking at you for confirmation. Levi started fumbling with the lock, trying to find the right key.

"Yeah, but that was...", Armin started saying, but that was all Hange needed to hear to go on.

"See?! What was that all about, Eren?"

"No, it's nothing", he answered with the same flat tone.

"It's the name of your titan, isn't it? What were you doing talking to yourself?--"

"Enough, Hange. He's only just turned 18. Everyone goes through a phase", Levi said monotone.

"Huh? What kind of phase are we talking about?", Hange dug further, as confused as you.

"Hange, I'll explain to you later. It's not right with him here", Armin said with a low voice. You had no clue what Armin was referring to, but you pretended to know to save yourself the embarrassment; you didn't know if it was supposed to be obvious or not.

"Huh? What do you mean by that?", Hange asked, even more intrigued now.

"What the hell did you come for?!", Eren blurted out in frustration.

'Yep, keeping my mouth shut seemed to be the correct course of action here'

"Get out", Levi said calm.

"But I'm supposed to be disciplined for ten more days", Eren said confused.

"It's over. Hange just now was punishment enough"

"We had a talk with Premier Zachary, so don't worry about it. If we jail the heroes who toppled the Armoured and Colossal Titan, it kinda sends a bad message, you know?", Hange explained while Eren exited his cell. Armin let Mikasa out of hers. "Plus, you were defying us morons who let the Beast and Armoured Titan get away", she added fiercely, the disappointment and annoyance in herself and her actions evident in her tone.

Eren was about to respond, but Mikasa emerging from her cell caught all of yours' attention. She looked pale, her cheeks more sunken than last time you saw her.

"Have you lost some weight? We had plenty to eat, though", Eren asked, noticing the same changes in her appearance as you. She raised her hand to the side of her face, almost like to hide from Eren's gaze. As she did this Eren took a few steps towards her, closing the distance. He looked worried.

"You seem... good", Mikasa said with as much of a smile as she could muster, but her features contorted into sad and worried positions didn't let the hint of a smile stay for long, as it disappeared as fast as it came. She let her hand fall from her face.

The look they were giving each other. It was almost like they were talking together just by using their eyes. Mikasa's feelings for him had been clear to you from the get-go, but Eren's had been a mystery. That he cares a lot for her was never up for debate, but his feelings and how he expressed them would change every other month. Maybe this moment you were witnessing right now was the answer...

'Better talk to Armin about it later... Maybe he's noticed it too?'

"I guess—"

"Let's go. Get dressed quick", Levi interrupted him, already walking towards the exit.

"Where are we going?", Eren asked confused, accepting the coats you handed out to the both of them with a puzzled look.

"To an audience. Her majesty has come to Trost"

~

Hange had left before you, intending to speak to Historia about Ymir's letter along with Jean before you were to join them. As soon as Eren and Mikasa were appropriately dressed, the five of you walked up to one of the offices on the top floor of HQ, where you were told Historia would be.

You were excited to see her again, it had been close to two months since you last saw her at the orphanage.

"We're here", Levi said as he opened the door. Historia was standing by a window, and a faint glistening in her eyes suggested she had been crying slightly. She composed herself and walked to meet you halfway. Once she stopped, the four of you bowed and greeted her by her title. It felt strange acting so formal towards your friend, but she was the Queen after all, and it was the proper etiquette for the occasion. It seems as though she found it strangle as well, quickly and dismissively waving her hands.

"S-stop it. It's not an official position yet", she said sheepishly, and you quickly straightened up again and gave her a shy smile. "So much has happened, hasn't it? But all I did was stare at the south sky from within the walls". You remembered Historia admitting she wanted to join you in the retaking of Wall Maria last time you were with her at the orphanage. She felt restless and cowardly staying behind when all her friend ventured out into enemy territory. You had assured her none of you thought any less of her for not joining and that her duty as queen came before her duty as a soldier. It didn't seem like the words stuck though.

"It's an important duty of yours just to stay alive", Armin assured her and the rest of you were quick to agree.

"I'm glad to see you're all acting like usual", she said with a relieved chuckle.

"Well that's.... It just hasn't sunk in for us yet", Eren answered her quietly.

The sound of papers rustling and hacking lightly against the table made you look Jean and Hange's way. They were collecting the vast amount of papers scattered about in front of them.

"Shall we get this going?", she asked as they walked over to you. You gave her a nod and motioned for Historia to walk by your side as you headed for the meeting room.

~

"The Early Life of Grisha Yeager, The Extent of Our Knowledge of Titans and Their History, Information About the World Beyond the Walls", Zachary read the titles of the three books Eren recovered from his father's basement out loud. "The only people who knows about the existence of these books are those here in this very room. These were gained by the effort of twelve living Scouts, and the 199 others who are not here today. Today, and in the Queen's presence, I would like to assess our situation".

Hange went on to inform the other officers in the room about how you all were subjects of Ymir and what you knew about the founding titan and how it only reaches its full potential if united with royal blood. You were heavily concentrated on what she was saying, therefore, when Eren suddenly got up from his chair, you and everyone around you jumped in your seats.

"It can't be!", he said loudly, smashing his palms against the tabletop. You all turned to him.

"You scared me. What was that about?", Hange asked surprised, but with a controlled tone.

"U-uh... I", Eren seemed like he didn't know what came over him, his action being a spontaneous reaction to whatever he was thinking.

"Please continue, our titan", Zachary insisted calmly. Eren looked over at Mikasa before looking ahead again.

"It's... nothing", he said with his head bowed, awkwardly sitting down again. You furrowed your brows and looked over at Marco sitting to your right. He looked just as confused as you. He just shrugged at you once he noticed your gaze. "Sorry for disrupting this meeting". Hange looked at him intently, before some sort of realisation washed over her face.

"Oh... I see...", She turned to look at Zachary. "It would seem that he is having a phase of sorts. One where he acts up and randomly yells things".

"Ah, I understand. That's unfortunate. He's that age I guess..".

'Is that really a phase every boy goes through? What Eren's experiencing seems so specific though... I guess I can't really speak for the male species on that part... Maybe I'll ask Marco afterwards if he could tell me?'

...

The meeting went on, slow and drawn out, but important information was shared and discussed.

"So our enemies is the world? But if we announce this to the public, the walls will crumble into chaos", an MP officer argued.

"That's right. We still haven't fully grasped the magnitude of this situation", another hastily agreed.

"Then we will deceive the people again?", Pixis got up from his chair. "You wish to follow the lead of King Reiss, and ensure the people of the walls stay domesticated and ignorant? If so, then by what ideals did we rise to take the crown from King Reiss?"

"Let's announce it", Historia decided. "After all, we're just returning the memories King Reiss stole back to the people a century later. We all share the same fate as people of the walls. We must unite as one and bring our entire strength together"

And so you did.

Already the next day the 'secret' information was made public via the newspapers.

"The true identity of the titans who've threatened us are humans. They have the same ancestry as us. We are 'Subjects of Ymir'. Our King erected these walls 100 years ago. He then altered our memories using titan powers, and made us believe humanity outside the walls was wiped out. But in fact, humanity hasn't perished. When speaking of subjects of Ymir, they call us this; A race of devils. In the near future, the enemy will invade our lands to obtain resources. Their plans began five years ago with the Colossal Titan", you read aloud from the paper to Connie, Jean, Marco and Sasha as you had gone to visit her for the evening. You all sat silent, except for Sasha munching on an apple you had brought her.

"I never expected them to make the information public as quickly as they did", Sasha eventually said.

"Me either honestly, but luckily Historia seems to get it. The people deserve to know", you said, mindlessly flipping the pages of the newspaper.

"I just hope the reaction from the public doesn't go too out of control. I've already heard a couple of cases where some have lashed out on the military, insisting it's a conspiracy theory... It's heavy stuff to process for someone who've never even given the outside world a second thought", Marco said with a sigh. You all pondered on it for a good minute, before you looked at the clock.

"Oh, shoot! It's already six", you said as you got up from your seat. "I have to go make some tea. Anything you guys want me to bring afterwards?".

"No, it's okay—"

"Speak for yourself Jean!", Sasha harshly interrupted him, before turning to you with her doe-eyes fully ablaze. "Could you please maybe make a couple of those melted-cheese sandwiches you make? A-and some fruits on the side?", she said carefully while exaggerating her crimpled state by slouching her shoulders. You chuckled lightly, knowing exactly what she was trying to do, but you said agreed nonetheless, much to her delight.

While the kettle was puttering you looked around you in the dimly lit, empty kitchen. That was something you were still not used to; the silence. It became more and more evident just how many comrades you lost for each day you roamed the halls of HQ.

'Only twelve survivors...'

Deep in thought, you just about managed to get the kettle off the stove before the tea overflowed as it boiled.

"Shit", you muttered under your breath as you burned your fingers slightly in the heat of the moment. You collected three teacups and placed them atop the serving tray.

On your way to Levi's office, you stopped by Moblit's room, hoping he'd be awake and up for some tea.

"Hange?", you squinted your eyes and noticed her sitting by Moblit's bed in the dark room. She turned to you with a smile.

"He's sleeping. I'm just watching him for a while... Some days when he wakes up the pain is almost unbearable without any additional treatment..."

"I see...", you moved over to the pair. "I made him some tea in case he was awake", you started saying, looking down at the third cup. "If I'd known you were here I would have brought another—"

"Oh, don't worry about that. Pour some for him and I'll give it to him when he wakes up. I'll drink it if it starts to get cold before he's up, so it doesn't go to waste, but I'll make sure to mention that you brought it to him nonetheless!", she smiled and took a hold of the filled cup.

"Thank you Hange", you said as you turned around.

"Say hi to Shorty from me", she yell-whispered once you reached the door, and you closed it behind you with a quiet giggle.

You didn't bother knock on Levi's door as he was well aware you would be coming around six o'clock as always. Ever since the 57th mission you had continued the tradition of afternoon tea every day that it was doable. Of course various missions or meetings would occasionally come in the way of it, but you made sure to meet up every time it didn't. Eren had almost fully stopped joining you at tea time, which honestly made you sad. Last time he joined was right before the mission, and the last time before that was three weeks earlier... You didn't really know what made him drop it, but he's never really been that into the whole tea-thing as you and Levi had if you really thought about it.

'Meh, his loss I guess'

Levi still hadn't looked up from a piece of paper he had clutched in his hands while you placed the tray at his desk. He always had some paperwork due, probably even more now that the recent details of the mission had to be documented and 199 letters had to be written and delivered to the families of the deceased soldiers.

As you put down his cup in front of him you noticed he had since framed both the picture of Levi Squad as well as a picture of Erwin you had given to him a couple of nights ago after you came home. He was reluctant to accept it at first, like last time, but eventually gave in.

Nipping at the hot liquid, you sat in silence, waiting for him to start a conversation when he felt ready to. Sometimes you both would sit out the whole tea-time in silence and other times you would talk non-stop. It was really no telling what it was going to be beforehand, but it was always comfortable and enjoyable, nonetheless.

Levi put down the papers with a sigh, leaning back into his chair after reaching for his cup in a tired manner. He looked at you for a moment before sipping his tea carefully, savouring the taste of what he seemingly had been craving for a while. But he didn't really look like he was going to speak anytime soon.

It seemed like it would be a quiet afternoon, which was totally fine by you. You were both in need for some peace and quiet; if not just only for a little moment.

___________________________

A/N:

I was planning on wrapping up the rest of S3 all in this chapter, but noticed it would be way to long. So the next chapter will be the last one before I start on the S4 portion of this book! :)

I hope you enjoyed this kind of a filler-chapter. I didn't get much response on my last few updates, but I hope you all are still keeping up with my story and finding it as entertaining as the start of it. We have come quite far since then.

I appreciate every comment, vote or anything of the sorts that I get as reading your comments and interacting with you guys honestly is my favourite part of writing and posting fanfics like this! :)

Lastly, I just wanted to mention that I'm on a sort of vacation for a bit over a week, visiting family I haven't seen in a few years now, so updates will be less frequent. But I'll see when I have time to write; Worst case scenario would be that a new chapter won't be posted until next week, but I think I'll be able to post something before that time :)

Have a great day!

~Jen

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

37.9K 1K 43
You are a strong young woman, Y/N Hanzer, who escaped from the Underground City with your best friend, Greg Schneider. But one day, Commander Erwin S...
881K 19.9K 42
COVER ART CREDS; redwarrior3 on tumblr :) In modern Paradis, you've joined the survey corps three months ago, and thought you've met everyone, until...
561K 13K 33
Year 845, the year Wall Maria met its doom. The residents within Wall Maria stared at the wall. A head was now visible...it was a titan... 'A titan...
6.3K 244 6
eren jaeger x latina!reader slight!jean x latina!reader disclaimer! : ANYONE CAN READ THIS STORY! you don't have to latine to read, so EVERYONE ple...