Ghosts βœ”οΈ

By SettleDown1D

A postwar fic where Harry barely speaks anymore, and no one understands him the way Draco Malfoy does. One ap... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17:
Chapter 18:
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 60
Chapter 61
Chapter 62
Chapter 63
Chapter 64
Chapter 66
Chapter 67
Chapter 68
Chapter 69
Chapter 70
Final Author's Note
Sequel
Completion!
Thank You / Other Works

Chapter 65

11.3K 488 275
By SettleDown1D

Harry had been at the Weasleys' for an hour, and had finally relaxed. He was in the kitchen, helping Molly with dinner. He had mastered the art of cooking with one hand and using his wand in the other to be able to communicate still.

Molly was happy and bustling about, fussing over Harry as usual. He had already gotten yelled at when he arrived after bringing a gift.

"Harry, it's your birthday! There's no need to be bringing gifts, you should be receiving them!"

"It's part of a late birthday gift for Gin as well! Besides, I come around often enough that I'll be using it too."

Ginny opened up the Xbox and kinect sensor with a feral grin. She had received every single Just Dance game, along with the Guitar Hero games.

"Oh Merlin, these are going to be fun! We have to play later. I need to be ready to destroy Pansy."

When Harry was finally shooed out of the kitchen, he, Ginny, Fred, and George were putting together the band kit for Guitar Hero. Hearing the floo go off, he raised his head with a smile wondering If Draco's meeting had ended early and he decided to show up for dinner anyway. The smile immediately slipped off his face and turned into a look of confusion.

"Harry!"

He allowed himself to be knocked to the floor by the weight of the other person, sputtering as he hit the ground.

"Hermione?", he choked out as he was pressed into the floor.

"Hello mate!", Ron greeted.

"What're you- huh?"

"Who was that, D- oh Ronald!", Molly exclaimed.

Harry heavily exhaled and closed his eyes as Hermione righted herself. Ginny helped him up and a deep frown was set on her face.

"What are you both doing here? Sit, sit! Oh Ginny dear watch dinner for a moment will you?"

"I can-", Harry started.

"Nonsense! They're here for you Harry dear, sit down as well. Make sure the potatoes don't burn please dear."

Harry was feeling very panicky and trapped. Fred and George exchanged a look and lightly pulled Harry down in between them. Shooting them a thankful look, he focused on his breathing. The other three in the room were oblivious to what was occurring.

"If you want us to set something off as a distraction, let us know", Fred whispered.

"We're more than willing. Just say the word", George agreed.

"Thanks."

Harry was just grateful that Molly knew how to talk because lately his best friends were feeling like strangers, and he wanted his Draco.

"So Harry, how was your birthday?", Hermione asked, squeezing on the couch next to him.

"Alright, thanks."

"Did you do anything fun?", she pressed.

"We had a small party for him", Ginny said from the kitchen.

"You had a party, really?", Ron asked.

"Wasn't my choice, but it was fun."

"Oh Harry, we're so sorry we missed it! And we completely forgot to tell you happy birthday when we called!"

"We did?", Ron asked, confused.

"Yes we did! Happy belated birthday Harry. This is for you."

She handed him a very neatly wrapped package. When he opened it, he couldn't help the smile that overcame his face. This was the thoughtful Hermione that he knew and loved.

She had compiled photos and other momentos and started a scrapbook for him. Flipping through it, he was overcome with nostalgia, and his emotions were all over the place.

"There's also some things in there for you to start your own scrapbook. I know you've gotten a bit more into photography lately, and you mentioned how you wanted to scrapbook more. I hope you don't mind that I took the liberty of getting one started for you."

"Not at all! This is wonderful. Thank you Mione", he said sincerely, pulling her into a hug.

Ron went next and gave him some broom supplies and Quidditch related things.

"I know you mentioned that you wanted to start flying again."

"Thanks mate."

"Mum, I'm not a cook. I don't know when this is going to be overdone."

"Oh dear!", Molly rushed into the kitchen.

"So mate, how are things?", Ron asked.

"Alright."

"Have you gotten anything for Hogwarts yet? We can only stay here around 2 hours or so by the way. Everything should be perfectly fine now with my parents, but I just want to make sure.

Wait, you are going back to Hogwarts right? We haven't even discussed it have we? I'm so sorry Harry, I feel like we've been neglecting you."

Before Harry could look around for parchment, George handed him a piece.

"Thanks."

Using the spell to transfer his thoughts to the parchment, he handed it to Hermione.

"That's a very clever spell", she commented.

"Yes, I am going back to Hogwarts. I was debating it back and forth, but I decided it was in my best interest to go back. I've met with McGonagall and she agreed.

I'm actually going to move in early and stay there for a week to get accustomed to being back. She asked for my help on a few things. It might be nice to help out some."

The statement wasn't a total lie. Draco was most certainly in Harry's best interests.

"Oh Harry, that's wonderful! I wish we could go back early with you to help you adjust. We honestly may just floo in instead of catching the train, but I suppose it won't matter much if you're not on it. Has she said much about how things are going to be run?"

"Not much, no. I'm not sure what I'm at liberty to say to be honest with you. She said we would discuss it more once I'm there. I do know she really wants to focus on house unity."

"I agree that it's extremely important. I do feel awful for all of the Slytherins. Granted some of them weren't the kindest to us, but after everything that's happened I can't hold that against them. I can't imagine growing up in families like theirs", she finished, shaking her head sadly.

"She doesn't expect us to be all buddy buddy with them does she?", Ron asked, wrinkling his nose. "I know not all Slytherins are bad, but I can't stand the thought of having to spend a lot of time with Malfoy, Parkinson, Zabini, and the rest of his lot. I-"

There was a loud crash from the kitchen.

"Oh Ginny dear, please be more careful with the plates. I can take it from here."

A flaming Ginny angrily walked back into the living room as Ron and Hermione went to go see if Molly needed help.

Sharing a pained look with the twins, Harry quickly stood up, grabbed Ginny's arm lightly, and pulled her outside. They didn't talk until they were far away from the house.

"I can't believe him! Who is he to talk about them as if he knows them? He's going to absolutely lose it when he finds out. You and Draco are extremely close, Neville and Blaise are bound to get together, and then Pansy and I...

What are we going to do, Harry? I can't choose between my brother and a potential girlfriend! How do I even bring it up now after that reaction?"

Sighing, she sat on the ground and looked to the sky.

"I also can't believe they forgot to wish you a happy birthday. Ugh. Don't let him stop you from being friends with Draco. He's really good for you. He's good to you. I don't think I've ever seen you so relaxed as when you're with him.

And another thing, they didn't even say they were coming today! I know how uncomfortable you are around them now, I can see it. Hermione seems to be doing alright, but I don't know what's up with Ron. As if I ever did.

I'm just glad Draco ended up not being able to come. That was a blessing in disguise. You may want to send him a message though, just so that he doesn't show up if he's done with whatever he was doing."

Harry's face paled, and he fought a rise of panic creeping up his chest.

"I'll distract them. You have parchment with you now right? Write out your note and fold it before we go in. This way all you have to do is throw through the floo."

"I don't know if The Manor is connected to here with the floo system though", he worried.

"I'll send Pansy a note then and ask her to forward yours to Draco. That'll be less suspicious if I'm using the floo. Everything will be okay in the end Harry", Ginny promised.

Harry was starting to have a hard time believing that.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

324K 13.9K 55
Harry will do anything for the ones he loves. When Draco finally shows the good that Harry knew was hidden underneath, he makes it his new life purpo...
61.3K 3.3K 25
Artist! Harry and Businessman! Draco Muggle AU. Or the one where Harry's fax machine buttons are so covered in paint that he mistypes his intended p...
1.9M 63.4K 58
❛Let's hope Potter doesn't find out❜ ❉ fem!reader, Β©kingdombyers OFFICIAL FANFIC HP READING LIST!!! 2ND PLACE WINNER OF THE POTTERHEAD CHALLENGE! (...