Hidden Lavender

By MiaLAnemone

Lorelei Everly is the human equivalent to a faerie; a beautiful girl hidden deep within the woods, isolated f... More

Chapter 1 | Lorelei
Chapter 2 | Phillip
Chapter 3 | Alone
Chapter 4 | Lonely
Chapter 5 | Suspicion
Chapter 6 | Comfort
Chapter 7 | Nonsense
Chapter 8 | Cheesecake
Chapter 9 | Steps
Chapter 10 | Intrigue
Chapter 11 | Past
Chapter 12 | Memories
Chapter 14 | Epiphany
Chapter 15 | Admit
Chapter 16 | Sacrifice
Chapter 17 | Invitations
Chapter 18 | Visit
Chapter 19 | Evidence
Chapter 20 | Anticipation
Chapter 21 | Masquerade
Chapter 22 | Announcement
Chapter 23 | Gone
Chapter 24 | Forever
Chapter 25 | Candles
Chapter 26| New Beginning
Chapter 27 | Bliss

Chapter 13 | Attraction

3.9K 122 11
By MiaLAnemone

Bang! Bang! Bang!...

The bashes the door was sustaining were never ending. The feeling of trepidation uneased Lorelei's entire being. Her mind was riddled with endless conjectures. Could it be the stalker who chased her the other day?

Jay held the door handle with much caution, taking into account the potential threat and keeping Lorelei out of harm's way if anything were to happen. Haltingly, he twisted the handle.

"Jay!" Yelled Hastings.

"Why were you banging on the damn door?!"

"Look, Look!" He lifted up his crossed arms, carrying a placid brown rabbit. "Isn't he just so adorable? Can I keep him?"

Lorelei let out a sigh of relief. Thank the lords and ladies of higher power that nothing disastrous happened.

"I think he likes you." She intervened.

"Can I keep him?" He pouted. Who in their right mind could say no to a pouting Ambrose?

"Of course, He isn't mine."

"Did you hear that Phil-Jay? I can keep him!"

Hastings barely recovered from his slip up but that didn't stop Lorelei noticing the mistake. Were they hiding something? After a split second, she was brought out of her thoughts.

"It is getting late, I suppose we must head back home."

"Can't we stay for a few moments longer?" Ambrose asked.

"I'm afraid not, We must attend something early in the morning."

"Oh...Right."

"Shall I see you out?" said Lorelei.

"No need, Raven and Wisp are waiting leisurely outside."

"Well then, I shall wait patiently for our next meeting."

"As will we."

With that said, Hastings handed the rabbit to Lorelei as they slipped into their coats and headed to Raven and Wisp who were resting in the barn. Saying their final goodbyes to her, They headed towards the palace with a new resident, Hastings' rabbit they have named Aries.

*****

Phillip rolled out of bed as the sun barely started to make its appearance behind the range of snow covered mountains out in the far distance.

Today, he was to dedicate his time to studying and attending meetings. His coronation was slowly creeping up on him and the thought of failing his kingdom and it's people could keep him up for days on end. The pressure of being a righteous king and the protector of his citizens irked him in trepidation.

Once he was in a more presentable and "Princely" position, He sauntered through the gallant halls, acknowledging the presence of each maid, butler or passerbys that was near his vicinity.

The Royal Library finally came into view in due time. Phillip stood at the door, contemplating whether or not entering would prove itself to be a wise decision. With one loud sigh, he twisted the swirled handle.

"There you are, Your Highness." Mrs. Geoffrey's monotonous voice echoed throughout the room.

"Good Morrow, Mrs. Geoffrey."

"Now that you have finally arrived, shall we get started?" her temper is already diminishing by each passing moment.

"We shall." Phillip settled at his desk with a straightened posture and glanced at the material he will be entertained with. The parchment paper placed before him read in bold cursive.

Political Studies.

This is going to be a long day...

*****

The then rising sun travelled to the center of the infinite skies whilst Phillip was still analyzing political standpoints and scenarios with a slight disdain and much annoyance. Mrs. Geoffrey Left the prince to his own thoughts but a second ago.

The amount of work that came to political ideologies, royal protocol, and preventing corruption in the state was daunting. Understandably so, but this was his life, his future, his duty. Phillip's commitment to protecting his people overshadowed any pessimistic emotion that came from time to time.

After flipping through countless pages in the stack, A knock on the door interrupted the prince's focused gaze.

"Come in." Phillip summoned the intruder.

"By God Phillip, How long have you been tending to your studies?"

"Good day to you as well, Hastings."

"How long have you been scribbling away at the parchment?"

"For some time now but I shan't be a moment longer."

"Well I came to you with an inquiry. Dear friend."

"Ask away Hastings." Phillip set down his pen and guided his attention to his friend.

"You have formed an attachment to Little Lori, that is a legitimate statement."

"Indeed it is."

"And you can not deny the fact that her demeanor matches that of her stunning features."

"Of course."

Ambrose let out a sigh. "Phillip, How do you feel when in her presence?"

He thought about it for a while. How did he feel around her?

"I feel comfortable around her. She is someone I deeply cherish and I even have the urge to protect her from anything that may bring about discomfort."

"My friend, Answer me this. When she smiles, what do you feel?"

"I feel a wave of warmth."

"How about when she gazes at you? Then?"

Phillip answered without any second thoughts "I feel like a candle burned from the flame."

"If another man was courting her, What would you experience?"

Phillip sat there and pondered. Much to his displeasure, he pictured Lorelei being held in the embrace of another man. Giving him the same longing gaze that she does to Phillip. He wished for nothing more than to rip them from each other's arms.

"Pain. For reasons I do not know. I feel pain. The thought of her with a man irks my entire being. I know it sounds like I am on the brink of insanity but I speak my truth."

Hastings knew now, he had his speculations at first but now everything was clear.

"Oh how the mighty have fallen." He snorted

"Pardon?" Phillip lifted his brow in curiosity.

"My dear oblivious brother, what you are experiencing now is what the masses call. Love."

"Excuse me?"

"You are in love with Lorelei Everly. Or at least have a burning attraction to her."

"I am?" his thoughts were all over the place. He couldn't deny it though, he had his suspicions as well. It was more terrifying than thrilling.

"You are, and I don't blame you. She is a diamond of the first waters."

"That she is."

A tinge of anger directed towards Hastings' words arose, but his rational side extinguished the emotion immediately since he was merely complimenting her based on an undeniable fact. Though there was so much to her than anyone could see. And Phillip wanted to earn the right and trust to witness every beautiful and lurid side she has.

"Congratulations."

"For what?"

"For finding someone who can make you so effortlessly happy. I do enjoy seeing your wide smiles again."

"Dear God Hastings, sentimental does not suit you."

"The one time I confessed to you, you treated me like this. I feel utterly rejected."

"I apologize, but you must admit. This is not something you are accustomed to."

"You're one to talk. Your Highness" Ambrose bows mockingly, with his chest being leveled with the floor and his prose, overly exaggerated. This caused a laugh to leave Phillips' Lips.

As the two men were enjoying each other's company. Twiddling about this and that. It never occurred to them that someone may have eavesdropped into their personal conversation.

This quiet and shadow-esk man dashed straight towards the royal wing, where the king and queen resided.

"Is Her Majesty available?" Sir Nicolas asked.

"What is the meaning of your visit?" Stated on the guards in front of the doorway.

"It is about the prince, it is an urgent matter that she must know at once."

After one glance at each other the guard spoke.

"Then you may proceed."

Sir Nicolas sprinted towards the queen who was resting in a velvet lounge chair admiring her newly acquired jewels.

"Your Majesty" Nicolas genuflected.

"Sir Nicolas, what is the meaning of this intrusion? It is truly unbecoming for one of your nature." Her gaze never left the glistening sapphires.

"I am in possession of valuable information, Your Majesty, one that must come to your attention immediately."

"Then speak, but make haste. My time is far too valuable to waste on meaningless banter and rumors."

"Of course, Your Highness. Your son, the prince, has found a significant other."

This single sentence broke the queen out of her calm and aloof demeanor.

"Has he now? Tell me, who is this potential suitor?"

"I know not of her physique but they confirmed that she is a diamond of the first waters."

"Is she now? Name?"

"Lorelei Everly if i recall correctly Your Highness."

The Queen's heart stopped. Lorelei Everly...Lorelei Everly...

"We must stop this at once. That woman suited only for the devilishly low will never step foot in the palace for as long as live." Her hand clenched into a tight fist, the sharp crystals cutting into her skin and spilling drops of blood onto the carpet.

"Your Majesty, You-"

She interjected. "You are to find this Lorelei thing and get rid of her immediately, I care not how you plan to do that but make it soon. As for my son...Well I suppose one arranged meeting wouldn't hurt him. The boy doesn't have a mind of his own anyways. He will do all of my biddings."

"But Your Majesty, Shouldn't you ask the King for his opinion on this?" He inquired hesitantly.

Her Highness examined her blood covered hand and pondered his notion for a moment before answering. "Do not fret, My dear husband is too busy ruling the kingdom that he has no time for this. Besides, he wouldn't go against my judgement. The King is nothing without his Queen." 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

Hukassa By

Fantasy

337 44 31
What will happen when a hopeless romantic girl meets the guy she never expected of? The very hopeless romantic girl, Eva, who has given up on love a...
242 20 19
๛ A international fairy was having fun in her free garden with her master to keep eyes on and take care until she fall into this trap to sent her far...
64.9K 1.8K 34
"𝐿𝑖𝑔ℎ𝑡 𝑖𝑠 𝑒𝑎𝑠𝑦 𝑡𝑜 𝑙𝑜𝑣𝑒, 𝑠ℎ𝑜𝑤 𝑚𝑒 𝑦𝑜𝑢𝑟 𝑑𝑎𝑟𝑘𝑛𝑒𝑠𝑠" - 𝑅. 𝑄𝑢𝑒𝑒𝑛 ______________________________ "I can help with that...
8.7K 135 41
"You believe you've seen the dark? Sweetheart, you are absolutely adorable." I said my voice dark and humorous. "Darkness is so much more complex. S...