Somewhere Along the Way...To...

By Lozza0203

Book two, following on from Somewhere Along the way. Y/N has just been saved from Hydra, but has the dreams... More

In Those Eyes...
Despite It All...
Sounds Like Heaven...
Oohhh That's Good...
Just You Wait...
My Brother...
Change Is Upon Us...
Oh I Had Missed This...
I Love You Darling...
The Warriors Three and Lady Sif...
Make A Wish...
Too Soon...
Asgards in Danger...
Seriously...
Hello Mother...
Is She Your Mate...
For Asgard, I Will Fight...
The Warrior...
I See a King Blossoming...
Light It Up...
Dark Magic...
You Love it. Remember...
I Have A Date...
Laufeyson. Loki Laufeyson...
To Being Free...
Sin...
What Did We Do Last Night?...
You're Late...
It's Always Been You...
Are Gods Immortal?...
Confessions...
Brutal. I Like It...
Eat The Apples...
Look at Me...
May the Gods be with You...
Destroy Them All...
This Will Hurt...
The Kursed...
Let Me Return The Favour...
Paint It Black...
Its Getting Dark...
How About See You Again...
Loki...

What's Got You in a Mood...

587 32 6
By Lozza0203

My Love?
Hello?
Darling?
Loki?
Lokes? Can you hear me?
Seriously...Loki?

We had been sitting here gathered with the group for about an hour now talking tactics and battle plans. However Loki was lost in a trance.

I was currently being squashed between Nat and Bucky and couldn't get free to shake him back into reality.

I had tried almost everything I could to get his attention, but so far he still wasn't responding to me...

Alright then time to bring out the big guns.

My King?

Loki blinked a few times before his head shot up to meet my gaze across the table.

I raised my eyebrows at him.

Seriously?

I rolled my eyes as he smirked.

Sorry Darling. You know I love hearing you call me that. What seems to be bothering you?

I could ask you the same thing you have been zoned out for the past ten minutes. Is everything alright?

There was a pause before he nodded. A feeble attempt at assuring me...of course I didn't believe him.

"Alright guys you will have to excuse us. Loki if you wouldn't mind." I stood up abruptly from my seat, forcing Nat and Bucky to move, rudely interrupting their chatter. Loki followed suit and stood up staring at me, "Can you take us to Mum please. I need to let her know I'm ok."

"Of course Darling," He said before moving over to me at the side of the sofa, taking my hand in his. In a flash we were in my old bedroom in Texas. His grip on my hand loosened as he tried to drop it, but I wrapped my fingers around his hand stopping him.

"Tell me what is going on Loki. What's wrong? I know something is bothering you." I pleaded with him, "Please. Don't shut me out. We are in this together."

He sighed, allowing his body to slump slightly in defeat, before sitting down on the edge of my bed pulling me down with him to sit upon his lap.

"I just can't...I can't have you there." His eyes met mine, "I cannot and will not risk losing you again. I cannot go through that hurt once more." He paused for a moment just staring at me. "You have no idea how scared I was." His voice was quiet and filled with fear.

"Loki..." I started but he cut me off, shaking his head.

"No. I will not fight you on this. I have made up my mind. If I can keep you away from this battle I can keep you safe. So I want you to stay here on Earth when it happens. Please?" His voice was stern, but his eyes were still silently pleading with me.

I tore myself from his grip, standing up from his lap to look down at him. I understood he wanted me safe. But surely he had to realise his safety was my priority too?

"I will not leave you to see this through on your own! Do you not realise how agonising it would be to have to be separated from you in a time of need! Left behind. Worrying about your safety when I could be on the battlefield beside you! Helping you! You travelled to get me a potion that can save me. You can't lose me! I refuse to sit at home doing nothing. I don't care what you say. Besides, who's to say anything will even happen me when we are there? I might get hurt but I heal quicker now...Remember? So no. I'm going. Ok? Good." I threw my hands up in the air, "Now I'm going to see my Mum. You can sit here if you wish or join me. The choice is yours!" With that I stormed off, slamming my room door behind me almost breaking it.

"Lovebug? Is that you?" I heard Mum call out to me.

I closed my eyes, trying my hardest to compose myself. "Yeah. It's me Mum." I huffed out, making my way down the stairs. When she spotted me she pulled me into a tight embrace.

"Oh lovebug thank heavens you're ok. I didn't hear from you in so long I was starting to worry."

I sighed melting into her embrace, "I'm fine Mum. I promise."

She pulled back from the hug and held me at arms length studying me closely, noticing my apparent mood.

"Let's take a walk shall we?" She nodded to the back door.

"I...ah. Loki's upstairs." I looked back towards the hall.

"I'm sure he can manage to sit by himself for a little while." She laughed, pulling me towards the back door.

The heat of the evening air hit me as we stepped outside. Mum took my hand like she did when I had been little and we walked in silence down along the babbling river. Finally she stopped, content with her choice and sat down, patting the ground beside her, "Come on. Join me Lovebug."

Obligingly I sat down beside her, picking up a few stones from the ground and skipping them across the river's surface.

I heard Mum sigh beside me, "Alright out with it. Tell me, what's got you in a mood?"

I opened my mouth to speak. Then stopped, "I have ah...I guess I have a lot to fill you in on Mum. Your not going to like it but you deserve to know. Just promise me you wont freak out ok?" I said before chancing a look at her, feeling a knot grow in my stomach at the thought of telling her about being kidnapped.

She nodded, "Ok lovebug, I will try not to freak out."

With that I began telling her briefly what happened, leaving out the nitty gritty details of the torture. I trailed off as I reached us returning to Earth today. Keeping my eyes averted to the ground, I kicked it slightly with my shoes. Noticing my dress was now covered in dust from the dry earth below us.

"Ok. So...I'm tryin my hardest not to freak out but that still ain't explainin to me why your in such a mood now though does it? Or why Loki is still sittin in your room back in the house sulkin? I'm old but I ain't blind."

I sighed, "He doesn't want me going to Asgard to help them. But Mum that is ridiculous, the tree showed me there with them after the damn battle! So obviously I can help! I'm a good fighter, it's not just my powers. My skills will come in useful and he knows it, but he doesn't want me to get hurt, blah, blah..." I realised I sounded like a bratty teenager right about now, but honestly I didn't even care. "He doesn't understand that if he pisses off to Asgard, leaving me behind, well I run the risk of losing him too if something happens. As far as I'm concerned I would rather go down fighting alongside him as sitting at home tearing my hair out doing nothing. I love him too much to let him go into this alone Mum. I just wish he would let me help...but once he gets something in his head..."

"I can be stubborn and pigheaded." He cut me off.

I jumped at the sound of his voice behind me, my Mum on the other hand was smiling like a Cheshire Cat. Clearly pleased with her cunning little plan.

I turned my body around to look up at Loki, he smiled down gently at me. His eyes looking pleadingly at me. Quickly I pulled myself up off the ground and stood to face him. He closed the gap between us, planting a gentle kiss on my lips.

"I love you too Darling, and if it means that much to you...well...then there is no one I would rather have fighting by my side."

I smiled, throwing my arms around his torso, "Thank you."

"Alright, well seems my work here is done, I'm gonna go get the dinner sorted. You two go enjoy yourselves now, do you hear?" Mum dusted off her hands as she stood to make her way back to the house.

"I thought you were meant to be on my side Mum?" I laughed.

"I am, but lovebug sometimes your stubborn ass needs a lil help. You can thank me later!" She called back over her shoulder.

Loki chuckled into my hair, placing a swift kiss on my temple. "Now. Darling allow me." He gestured to our clothing, in a flash we were in normal clothes again.

I was in a pair of ripped jeans and a fitted ribbed green button up top. Loki was in a grey pair of trousers and a green fine knit jumper with a white shirt below.

"Much better. Thank you." I smiled, "Wanna take a walk?"

"Lead the way Darling." His large hand intertwined with mine and we strolled off along the river through the ranch.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A few hours later we were finishing up the dinner dishes for Mum, who was making tea. We sat with her laughing, with Loki exchanging stories to her about Asgard and the Palace. Patiently listening to her and answering her questions. For once in the time we had been together, it felt like we were just an ordinary couple. Instead of a God and a half cast Celestial.

Then a thought hit me. Gods were pretty much immortal. Loki was already over 1,000 years old, so what would that mean for me? Would I continue to age over the years while Loki stayed the same? Surely then he would grow tired of me the older I got.

My chest tightened at the thought, panic rushing through my body, I pushed myself up off the sofa, "Excuse me I need some air." I said before I raced out the back door, running into the humid night before either of them could stop me.

I kept running along the river until my legs grew tired, finding myself a spot below one of the trees. Leaning my body against its large trunk for support, I composed my breathing before slumping to the ground against it. I craned my neck back to look up at the stars twinkling above me to stop the tears from falling.

My Love what is it? Where did you go?

I...I'm ok....I just. I just need a moment.

You are not ok. Where are you?

I didn't reply.

Do not make me ask again Pet.

I sighed he was getting pissed...

Y/N?

The river bank.

Do not move.

Shortly afterwards he sauntered towards me, hands in pockets. Remaining silent as he placed himself beside me on the riverbank. He didn't speak as he moved to snake his arm around my waist to pull me onto his lap.

I sighed, leaning my head into his chest, he smelled wonderful. A heavenly mixture of woody oud, leather and almost a sweet element. It was a smell I was growing all too accustomed to and it smelled like home to me now. His hand moved to cup my chin, bringing my gaze to meet his.

"Talk to me Darling."

I shook my head free from his hand, burying my face into his chest again. I didn't have the courage to look him in the eyes right now.

"What will happen to me?"

"What do you mean?" He sounded confused.

"Your immortal and I'm...."

"And you aren't? Darling. Don't go there. Don't listen to those demons." He warned.

"I cant help it." I forced myself to leave the comfort of his chest, "I am going to grow old and you will stay, well, looking like that, bloody perfect! Me? Well...I...I will be all old and wrinkly and saggy. Oh my god I will have grey hair and..."

His lips met mine, stopping my rambling as he cupped my face. Kissing me slowly, gently, taking his time to caress my lips with his own. When he broke the kiss, he smirked at me, "I had to get you to stop rambling somehow."

I laughed, dropping my gaze to my hands. "I just don't, I don't know how this will work."

I heard him laughing which surprised me but also angered me, "I don't seem to understand what you find so funny here Loki."

"What is funny is that you think any of what you just said would ever change how I feel about you. I don't care about any of that. I will love you until your last breath my love, wrinkles and all." He smirked at me, "Plus you never know seeing as your half celestial, you may not age as quickly as you believe. If we make it through all this madness we will speak to Mother. She will be able to tell us more. So for now, can we go back inside and enjoy some time with your Mother before we need to leave?"

"Ok." I huffed. I wasn't really satisfied with the answer, but he was right we wouldn't know until we spoke to Frigga. We stood up and he pulled me into his side, holding me close to his body as we slowly made our way back to the house.

Mum looked at Loki as we sauntered into the kitchen, who nodded at her to reassure her I was ok.

"So Lovebug are you two headed for home?" She smiled.

"Yeah, I'd like to get back to the comfort of my own bed if I'm honest. It's been too long."

"Alright then, well come give me a hug," she opened her arms to me and I placed myself in them squeezing her tightly, "You behave yourself now, and look after him up there. If you could ring me before you leave for Asgard again I would appreciate it. Just in case..." she trailed off, squeezing me a little harder. "I love you Lovebug."

"I love you too Mum, and don't worry. We will be back soon." She released me and made her way over to Loki, giving him a hug, patting his chest and whispering something to him before she pulled away.

"Look after my baby now Loki. You hear?"

"I promise, I will protect her with my life Mrs YL/N."

Loki took my hand and in a flash we were home. In my own house, it had been so long.

"Now my Darling, would you like me to remind you just how much I love you?" He raised his eyebrow at me, smiling wickedly as his hands slipped to grip my hips.

"As fantastic as that sounds, lets put that on hold for just a little while? There's something I want to give you first." I was nervous but it was now or never, "Follow me."

We made our way out to the stables. I wasn't really sure what horses where in and who was out in the field as I had been missing for sometime.

I hauled open the barn door flicking the lights on. His whinny from the corner stable caught my attention, Loki followed me close at my heels.

I took a detour to my office, seeing two boxes sitting by my desk. I opened them carefully revealing the black leather head collar with 'Zeus' engraved into a golden plate on the side of it. I clipped the forest green lead rope onto it and reached it to Loki. "Hold this for a second please."

He took it from my hands, running his hand along the fine leather admiring it. I tore the next box open, smiling as I ran my hands over the velvet saddle pad. It was a forest green with 'Loki' embroidered onto it in beautiful golden thread, Loki leant over my shoulder peeking into the box.

"What's that for?"

I stood up reaching it to him, "These," I gestured to the head collar and saddle pad, "Are for you, for your new horse."

Loki looked at me confused, "I'm sorry Darling but I'm not quite following."

I rolled my eyes, pulling him by the arm to stand in front of Zeus in his stall. "Loki Laufeyson, I am giving you Zeus. I bought him. For you. To have when you are here. On earth, if you want that is." I reached over to stroke Zeus, "After all its only fair, he looks like Hades, and we can't have him here. So he is as close as I can get. I wanted to give you something, to say thank you for everything and I mean your a God. You can have anything you want, but I wanted to give you something with meaning. I felt like it might be like a little piece of home, for when you are here."

Loki had stayed unnaturally quiet, for some time now after I had spoke. So I turned to look at him. He was staring at me, his eyes swelling up with tears. I ran my hand along the back of my neck rubbing it nervously.

"Loki?" Hesitantly I stepped towards him.

That's when he dropped the head collar and saddle pad, his arms enveloping me sweeping me off my feet. His mouth tenderly connected with mine, taking my breath away. I could feel the warmth of the rogue tears that were escaping his eyes.

"Thank you Darling." He managed to say when his lips let go of mine, replacing the warmth of them with the cool night air. He leant his forehead against mine, his eyes remaining closed, he smiled.

"I do not know what I did to deserve you, but I thank every single thing that brought you to me. Darling you are the kind of love I would kill for, die for but most importantly. Live for. Thank you. I will cherish him forever. Just like I will worship you as the Goddess you are for eternity."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

Soulache By Mouse

Fanfiction

58.1K 1.7K 23
book 1 loki and bucky are in a semi secret relationship and only 3 people in the avenger team know about it. Steve, Thor and Nat are the only people...
90K 2.6K 23
Y/N L/N was destined for nothing but a life with HYDRA. Created from experimentation, she because one of the most dangerous beings on Earth. After ne...
1.5K 79 10
After a long seven years of being apart from her sister, Y/n Romanoff manages to just barley escape HYDRA while on a mission. She goes to the Avenger...
18K 1.1K 90
You had always wanted one thing in your life, a love that would be everlasting. But for you that was an impossible task. Running from the only thing...