PROMPTS

By musingsbymaia

A collection of short stories or one-shots on RiRi/Dooly/BinJin. FICTION. Photos are not mine. More

Guardians
Guardians - 2
Guardians - 3
Guardians - End
Elf
Stranger in my Bed - 1
Stranger in my Bed - 2
Stranger in my Bed - 3
Stranger in my Bed - 4
Stranger in my Bed - 5
Stranger in my Bed - 6
Stranger in my Bed - 7
Stranger in my Bed - 8
Stranger in my Bed - 9
Stranger in my Bed - 10
Stranger in my Bed - End
...
Coffee Lover - 1
Coffee Lover - 2
Coffee Lover - 3
Coffee Lover - 4
Coffee Lover - 5
Coffee Lover - 6
Coffee Lover - 7
Coffee Lover - 8
Coffee Lover - 9
Coffee Lover - End
Bad Omens - 1
Bad Omens - 2
Bad Omens - 3
Bad Omens - 4
Bad Omens - 5
Bad Omens - 6
Bad Omens - 7
Bad Omens - 8
Bad Omens - 9
Bad Omens - 10
Bad Omens - End
Of Mergers and Marriages - 1
Of Mergers and Marriages - 2
Of Mergers and Marriages - 3
Of Mergers and Marriages - 4
Of Mergers and Marriages - 5
Of Mergers and Marriages - 6
Of Mergers and Marriages - 7
Of Mergers and Marriages - 8
Of Mergers and Marriages - 9
Of Mergers and Marriages - 10
Of Mergers and Marriages - 11
Of Mergers and Marriages - 12
Of Mergers and Marriages - 13
Of Mergers and Marriages - 14
Of Mergers and Marriages - 15
Of Mergers and Marriages - 16
Of Mergers and Marriages - 18
Of Mergers and Marriages - 19
Of Mergers and Marriages - End
Of Mergers and Marriages - Epilogue
Dae-sik x Cha Mi-jo
Dae-Sik x Cha Mi-jo (2)
Dae-Sik x Cha Mi-jo (3)
Dae-Sik x Cha Mi-jo (4)
Dae-Sik x Cha Mi-jo (5)
Dae-Sik x Cha Mi-jo (End)
Eternal (One-shot)
Economics and Mr. Ri (1)
Economics and Mr. Ri (2)
Economics and Mr. Ri (3)
Economics and Mr. Ri (4)
Economics and Mr. Ri (5)
Economics and Mr. Ri (6)
Economics and Mr. Ri (7)
Economics and Mr. Ri (8)
Economics and Mr. Ri (9)
Economics and Mr. Ri (10)
Economics and Mr. Ri (11)
Economics and Mr. Ri (12)
Economics and Mr. Ri (13)
Economics and Mr. Ri (14)
Economics and Mr. Ri (14.5)
Economics and Mr. Ri (The End)
The Pianist
In Pursuit of Happiness
In Pursuit of Happiness - 2
In Pursuit of Happiness - 3
In Pursuit of Happiness - 4
In Pursuit of Happiness - 5
In Pursuit of Happiness - 6
In Pursuit of Happiness - 7
In Pursuit of Happiness - 8
In Pursuit of Happiness - 9
In Pursuit of Happiness - 10
In Pursuit of Happiness - 11
In Pursuit of Happiness - 12
In Pursuit of Happiness - 13
In Pursuit of Happiness - 14
In Pursuit of Happiness - 15
In Pursuit of Happiness - 16
In Pursuit of Happiness - 17
In Pursuit of Happiness - 18
In Pursuit of Happiness - 19
In Pursuit of Happiness - 20
In Pursuit of Happiness - 21
In Pursuit of Happiness - 22
In Pursuit of Happiness - 23
THE End - Happiness
Special Chapter - The Honeymoon
Epilogue - Through Hoon's Eyes
Hands
Appa
In good times and in bad
Mission: Impossible
Runaway
I would runaway with you
I Was Born to Love You

Of Mergers and Marriages - 17

1.5K 157 68
By musingsbymaia

A/N: Hi everyone! I'm so sorry for the delay in posting this. =) I decided to take a rest this weekend and relax by watching another kdrama because it has been such busy week. I hope you've had a good rest! I wish you guys a great week!

---

Im Jong-Soo stared at his best friend sulking at the office. This was bad.

Yoon Se-Ri had only been gone for three days and Kim Joo Won was covered head-to-toe in sequins. A sequinned hoodie, matching track pants, and sneakers... all in silver sequins. 

Don't worry about him feeling a little chilly in his hands as well... he was wearing sequinned gloves.

"Here's my Day 3 report Yoon Se-Ri," Im Jong-soo wrote in the email, as he attached a photo of his best friend. "I'm not sure what to make of it but I've never seen him bathed in this much sequins in all the years I've known him."

Se-Ri called Kim Joo Won immediately. "Yah, Im Jong-soo sends me your outfit for today and I almost threw up my lunch. I was wondering why the sky was so dark last night. Now I know it's because you stole all the stars to sew into your outfit."

"No! I had these pieces for awhile and couldn't wear them when you're here, so now is my chance. It's gorgeous! You should see it in person," Kim Joo Won complained, making Im Jong-soo gag. To his friend, Kim Joo Won ordered, "Get out or I'll fire you."

Im Jong-soo rolled his eyes at Kim Joo Won before he shut the door. "And I thought those shining outfits would vanish once he fell in love," Im Jong-soo mumbled.

Yoon Se-Ri laughed into the phone. "Yah, don't get mad at Im Jong-soo," she chided. "I asked him to keep an eye on you while I was away because I was worried about this. If everyone in our city is blind when I return, I'm having the police come after you."

"It's not that bad!" Kim Joo Won defended. "Jong-soo probably used the settings with flash so it looks a little too bright."

"It was in night vision mode," Se-Ri deadpanned. When he sputtered an excuse, she burst out laughing again.

"You're so mean to me," Joo Won pouted. "Hmpppphhhh!"

Se-Ri asked to shift to video call. "Oh goodness. It IS as bright as in the photo," she teased, making Joo Woon jut his lower lip further. 

Kim Joo Won spent the next few seconds sticking his tongue out at his wife. "Mean. I married a mean person. What a difficult life I have."

Se-Ri laughed again. "Why are you still in the office?" she asked, changing the topic.

"I'm going over the financial reports for the month," he replied. "Your store did very well. Congratulations!"

"Thank you," she said, yawning and stretching. "The team really delivered with our display and marketing campaigns in that store. I'll email Mr. Hong to make sure they get a lunch treat tomorrow."

"Good. Are you at the hotel?" Joo Won asked, seeing that she was lying down.

"Yes, I have the afternoon off then dinner with a few designers," she shared. "I have a bit of jet lag though so I decided to rest."

"Then, rest. Why are you spending time insulting my clothes?" he asked in jest, making Se-Ri laugh.

Se-Ri gazed at the man she called her husband. If you can get past the god-awful sequins, you would see that he truly had perfect features. She would lament at how unfair that was, except that she was married to him and so she would call herself lucky. "Did you ever tell me why you love such bright clothes?"

Joo Won leaned on the backrest of his chair. "I don't recall but do you want me to tell you know?"

She nodded, eyes expectantly waiting for him to continue. Placing her phone on a stand so that she could tuck her hands by her head, she waited for his story to proceed. 

"Well, I eventually realized that it was such a great style!" he started, making Se-Ri roll her eyes and chuckle. "But, in the beginning, I figured it would bring me luck... and it could be the only way you'd see me."

That made Se-Ri's eye widen. "Huh? What are you talking about?"

"Remember I told you, I asked you out while we were in University?" Kim Joo Won started.

He told her in detail about the events surrounding it, where he first saw her, how they finally crossed paths and how the last thing he remembered from that night was the man in a sequinned hat and bright coloured jacket. "I remember thinking he was such a lucky man," he shared. "So I guess I associated sequins with luck?"

"Omo!" Se-Ri exclaimed. Her eyes softened as she thought about a young Kim Joo Won in that situation. "Joo Won..."

"We bumped into each other again," Kim Joo Won said before she could say anything more. "At a family gathering. Your family invited ours..."

*

"I'm not sure if we could make it. I have a prior appointment," Chairman Kim said.

"WE HAVE TO GOOOOOOOOO!!!!"

Chairman Kim and his wife looked up from the living room sofa to see their son rushing into the space, almost tripping from his rush. Frowning in surprise, Chairman Kim asked, "Joo Won. We didn't know you were home."

"Yes. Yes. Anyway, we rarely get invitations from the Yoons," Kim Joo Won pointed out.

Chairman Kim made a face. "We get invited all the time. You never wanted to go before."

"Oh, uh, well..." Joo Won stopped and darted his eyes across the room to try and find an excuse. "Well, I want to now. It's good for business to be making friends. Who knows, we might want to have joint ventures with them at some point. The Yoons are very good with their investments and partnerships."

His parents shared a look but made no comment about their son's odd behaviour and sudden interest with a partnership with the Yoons. His mother spoke up only to say, "Alright. I'll tell my assistant to RSVP for us."

"Yes. You should. Please make sure they know I'm coming. Have a seat for me," Kim Joo Won said. At the strange look his parents gave, he defended, "I just want to make sure I have a seat!"

The black tie event was held to honor Chairman Yoon's wife on her birthday and a recent acquisition for the conglomerate. As advised by his mother, Kim Joo Won wore a black suit with a bowtie.

"You look so handsome, my son!" she complimented.

"Thank you, Eomeoni," he replied. "Are you sure bow ties are the trend now? I think I'd like to go with a black tie instead."

"You can wear anything and still be the most handsome in any room," his mother assured. "But for tonight, let's stick with the bow tie, okay?"

As expected, the party was one of the grandest Seoul had ever seen that year, styled by the top even planners, catered by the top chefs in the city and attended by a number of chaebol families.

The Kim family walked in and the toasts were made. However, as much as Kim Joo Won craned his neck, he couldn't see her anywhere. He even took the extra step to stand close to the stage where the coordinators and some of the wait staff were waiting in case one of the family members needed assistance or needed a cocktail to be served immediately.

But she was nowhere.

Her.

Yoon Se-Ri. 

Just as he was losing hope and thinking that he wasted his night by coming here, there was a collective sigh before people parted. The crowd made way for the Yoon's youngest daughter, who was making a fashionably late entrance.

"Oh! My daughter made it! Please welcome, Yoon Se-Ri!" Chairman Yoon announced.

As soon as she was within sight, Kim Joo Won understood the gasp that was expressed earlier. They were being treated to a delightful sight.

She was more beautiful than he remembered and just the sight of her robbed him of breath. That gown made her presence even more outstanding. 

What did they call those glittering things on her dress? Studs? Or were they sequins tied together? he wondered. Whatever they were, they paled in comparison to the source of its light... in this case, it was Yoon Se-Ri.

The short speeches ended and the family started exiting the stage and before he knew it, Kim Joo Won was face-to-face with Yoon Se-Ri. 

Unlike their previous encounter where he just blurted out what he wanted to say to her, this time left him tongue tied. The whole encounter seemed to be in slow motion as he stared at her and saw her lips moving. Suddenly, he realized that she was speaking... to him.

"Excuse me?" Se-Ri said, waving her hand in front of his face before she smiled. 

Kim Joo Won melted. She was his biggest this crush and sometimes he felt despair in thinking that nothing would ever come of it. But, for right now, he would cherish every second of this close encounter. "Yes? Hi. Sorry."

"Don't worry," she assured. "I just wanted to check..."

Kim Joo Won held his breath, waiting for her to continue.

"... if there's still some hors d'oeuvre available for me to eat?" she asked.  

"I, uh, sorry?" Joo Won asked, not sure that he understood her correctly.

"Appetizers? Would you... uh... mind getting me some?" Se-Ri asked. "A flute of  champagne please?"

That's when it became clear.

She thought he was a waiter.

*

"Omo! Why didn't you say anything?! You could have introduced yourself!" Se-Ri pointed out.

Kim Joo Won laughed. "I was wondering if you'd notice that I was at one of the guest tables but you never saw me," he said. "So I just took the chance to be close to you by being in your vicinity so that when you wanted something, you'd place order with me."

"OH MY GOODNESS," Se-Ri exclaimed, now covering her face in delayed embarrassment.

They shared a laugh before Joo Won concluded, "Since then, I think I've always associated sequins with you. Maybe if I wore more of these bright, sparkly objects on me, I would have a better chance to be noticed by you."

"Joo Won... I don't know if being associate with sequins..." she paused. "...is sweet or insulting."

Kim Joo Won threw his head back and laughed. "Well, I love sequins."

"And I hate it. Well, I hate the quantity you have," Se-Ri returned. Deciding to concede, "But, since you shared that back story and if you love them so much, then... okay... I'll try to compromise."

Kim Joo Won smiled.

"Just... not that outfit. It really is terrible, Yeobo."

Kim Joo Won's eyes widened. "You... just... Did you.... you called me 'Yeobo'."

"Well, you ARE my husband," she said. Shifting the mood, she added, "I'm sorry for the years that I was too self-entered and didn't notice you. But, sequins or not, I promise to always see you from now on, Joo Won."

"That means a lot to me, Se-Ri," he said. Seeing her yawn again, he said, "You should rest. Let's talk tomorrow, okay?"

Yoon Se-Ri nodded. "Joo Won? I miss you. I can't wait to come home."

"I miss you, too... Yeobo."

***

Kim Joo Won was still grinning from ear-to-ear half an hour after they ended the call.

Deciding to pack up for the day, he stood and started gathering his papers but was interrupted when by the door opening. "Nope. Business hours are closed. No more. I'm going home."

"This is not business."

Kim Joo Won looked up at the familiar deep voice. "Abeoji," he called. Approaching the older man, he gave his father a quick hug before pulling back to ask, "What brings you here at this late an hour?"

"Your marriage," Chairman Kim replied.

"We're doing well," Joo Won said.

Chairman Kim's brows shot up. "Really? News has reached me that her father has drawn up divorce papers and Yoon Se-Ri will be signing it while she's away. She'll be single again when she comes back."

Joo Won's hands felt clammy but he was more confused than anything else. The news he just received did not match his recently ended call with Se-Ri. However, Joo Won also knew that their "sources" were reliable as they brokered a lot of deals over the years for their company.

But this wasn't a simple business deal.

As much as their families were involved in getting them married, making this work was up to two people only.

Kim Joo Won paced around the penthouse for hours until he finally made a decision. "Im Jong-soo?"

"Dude, it's 2am!" his friend complained.

"I know, sorry. I just wanted you to know that you'll have to oversee activities for the next few days," Kim Joo Won said.

"Why?"

"I'm leaving for Europe."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

17.6M 514K 45
Stella escapes from her abusive brother and runs into the woods, hoping to survive. After a while of being chased down, she finally finds a house dee...
10.3M 237K 39
they met at therapy; therapy for sex addicts. (cover by elle)
85.2K 1.3K 25
You were a 21 year old who witnessed a crime committed by a mafia, not to long after you were kidnapped . You are now in the hands of a mafia leader...
2.8K 51 14
Laura and Massimo is living their happiest life ever after. The baby is in the way. The marriage,love,honeymoon,fighting with each other and most imp...