Just A Hunch (Varian x Witch...

By boxxieofbox

Hey guys! This is the sequel to my book Gut Feelings! If you haven't read it, I highly suggest that you do ot... More

Just A Hunch
Other Friends
To Corona
A Proposition
Do it for Her
Switching Sides
Redemption
Cleaning
Late Night Picnic
Falsely Accused
The Stabbingtons
Wolfie
Chasing the Wolf
Fearing Yourself
Witch Trial
Protection
The Prank
The Day of Hearts
Trevor Returns
The Sea Serpent
The Apple
Teamwork
Red Rocks
Overcoming Fear
Téir Abhaile Riu
Sweets
The Snuggly Duckling
Wrong Place Wrong Time
An Old Friend
Something's Missing
New Plans
Changing Roles
Just Around The River Bend
Buried Treasure
Confessions
Love Spells
Storm Cloud
Understanding
Out of it
Why
Try After Try
Willow Maiden
Just A Curse
Simple Song
Dress After Dress
I Put a Spell On You
Research
Dragon Tales
Guards and Orders
Sick Days
Naps and Soup
Return To The Lorbs
False Emergencies
The Well

Community Project

615 15 7
By boxxieofbox

(Y/n)'s POV:

I sat in the meadow with my chin in my hand as I stared up at Death who was pacing around in front of. "So, are you going to tell me what is wrong, or are you going to keep pacing for a few more centuries?" I asked and Death was quick to point his scythe at me. I stared at it wide eyed as it was only a few inches from my nose. "I know! I know!" Death said before swing his scythe back towards him and hitting his head against the handle. "Do you want to think about this some more and come back later? I mean, you've been standing there pacing back and forth for what seems like hours." I groaned and he crossed his arms in front of his chest. "This is a hard decision okay!" Death said before rubbing his face frustrated with his bony hands.

"Just tell me already." I said and he sat down in front of me with his weapon laid across his lap. "I can either tell you or not tell you. Which ever one I do can go one of two ways." He said starting to explain why he was so distraught. "How many chances?" I asked and he sighed. "If I tell you or don't tell you the outcome for both is 50/50." He said and I shrugged my shoulders. "Well that doesn't seem too bad. I say go ahead and tell me. And not just because you made me incredibly curious about what it is." I said and Death groaned.

"I...I need to think about this some more. I'll ask Hades again what he thinks. We're going to get tattoos together next week. Get this, he's getting the pomegranate he gave to Persephone on his bicep." Death laughed. "Stop changing the subject! Wait...who even gives you guys tattoos? No! No, you're getting me off topic. What was Hades original decision?" I asked. "He said that the council is fine with whatever decision I make." He said and I rolled my eyes. "Well that really helps you, doesn't it?" I asked and he groaned.

"Okay, I'm done talking about this. Now, why did you want to talk?" He asked and I stared at him. "What?" He asked. "You're the one that wanted to talk to me!" I said gesturing to him. "Whatever. Now, what's been going on with you? How can I be of guidance?" Death asked and I rolled my eyes before thinking for a moment. "Well I was going to ask Xavier about this, but I guess I can ask you. I wanted to learn more about Corona and-" "Yes I sent you the book. You're welcome by the way. It was not easy to get my hands on. I owe a favor to Fate now because of it." He said glaring out into the meadow.

"That's not what I was going to ask, but thank you! I really appreciate it! But what's so special about it that you now owe Fate a favor?" I asked. "That book has the true history of all of Corona. Over time, Corona lost a piece of it's history. A rather important piece of history too, if you ask me. That book contains it and the true story of what had happened. You can talk to Xavier to know the fake tale. I expect you to make Corona known of this mistake they made. Got that?" Death asked and I nodded. "It's the witch trial chapter, isn't it?" I asked and he nodded.

"You should really get going or you'll be late to helping rebuild." Death said and I glared at him. "If I'm late I'm blaming you." I said and he laughed. "Ah yes, the little witch walks in talking about how Death made her late because we were gossiping about the history of Corona." Death said and I rolled my eyes. "See you soon, (Y/n)." Death said and I closed my eyes taking a deep breath. I opened my eyes and the spot where Death had been sitting was covered in dead grass. I rolled my eyes and placed my hand on the patch he was sitting on making the grass come back to life. Sunny meowed as he rubbed against my extended arm and I pet him. "Come on. We're gonna be late." I said standing up and picking him up in my arms. I waved my hand above my head and we arrived in front of the castle. I dusted any dust off of my dress before heading inside.

I carried Sunny through the castle as I ran to the throne room. "Ugh! We're probably super crazy late!" I said out loud as I ran past guards. I pushed open the door to the throne room only to run right into Rapunzel.

"Oh! (Y/n)! You made it!" Rapunzel said and a blush covered my cheeks. "Y-Yeah, I'm so sorry I got caught up with some things." I said and Rapunzel only smiled at me. "It's no problem at all!" She said and I nodded before spotting Varian. He had his arms crossed over his chest with a somewhat knowing look. I rolled my eyes and walked over to him. "You're late." He said and I nudged his shoulders. "Shut up. I was talking to Death and lost track of time." I said and he laughed. Rapunzel held up a piece of parchment before pulling it down to look at all of us.

"Okay, everyone. After the Saporian attack, this kingdom could use a real pick me up. And what better way to bring everyone together than with a community project?" Rapunzel asked and we all cheered. "With a little hard work, and a whole lot of Corona spirit, we can rebuild this kingdom. So, let's do it!" Rapunzel said before throwing shovels to all of us. Varian caught the one thrown towards me and I thanked him as I pet Sunny. "Yes!" Eugene yelled. "Okay!" Varian said. "Let's do this thing!" Lance said and I giggled at all of their enthusiasm to rebuild.

"Hey! I have the artistic eye!" Catalina yelled at Kiera. "You dip, I paint!" Kiera yelled back. The sisters weren't the only ones arguing. Stan and Pete, Max and Ruddiger, and even Sunny was hissing at who knows what. I sighed as I laid my head on Varian's shoulder as he worked on fixing whatever it was he was working on.

"I know this is typically your thing, sunshine, but if you're trying to bring everyone together, maybe grueling manual labor isn't the best idea?" Eugene said and I nodded agreeing with him. Rapunzel easily chopped a piece of wood with an axe before turning to face Eugene. "Don't think of it as grueling manual labor. Think of it as creativity through destruction." Rapunzel said and a loud thud was heard. Dust covered the room and I coughed. "Now look what you made me do!" Feldspar said to Crowley. "That was your fault, you loafer!" She argued back. "Loafer?! I've never been so insulted!" "Feldspar!" Rapunzel called out as she ran over to them. "Old Lady, uh, Mrs. Crowley, let's not fight! Yes, we were supposed to keep that wall, but, hey! This just gives us more work to do together." Rapunzel said and we all groaned. "This is why Crowley works alone." Crowley said walking away. "I'll go get glue." Feldspar said only for the wall to fall apart more.

"Hey, at least with part of the wall gone, we can place protection within the walls of the castle!" I said to Varian. "Protection? Inside the walls?" He asked and I nodded. "Yup! I can write a protection sigil on the wall before we cover it." I said and he nodded. "Uh, guys. I think there's something else with the wall." Rapunzel said and we all surrounded the wall to see some sort of map.

"Here lies King Herz Dee Sonne's lost treasure?" Rapunzel read aloud only to start laughing. "You guys, wait! This is an honest to goodness treasure map!" Rapunzel said and I stared at the map. Just staring at it made my stomach churn. "I have heard the legend of Herz Der Sonne's lost treasure. It is said to be buried in his crypt." Xavier said and I rested my head on Varian's shoulder. He had his arms crossed over his chest as he listened to Xavier.

"The tale begins mellennia ago-" "Uh, Xaves, bottom line us, would you?" Eugene asked interrupting Xavier's story. "She's right. It's a map." He said and I giggled. "This is just the thing to bring everyone together!" Rapunzel said before making us all go outside with her.

"How many of you have ever dreamed of having treasure of untold riches?" Rapunzel asked as everyone went into their own daydream about being rich. "We are holding a Corona wide race for the lost treasure of Herz Der Sonne!" Rapunzel said and everyone started cheering except for me. "But, wait! It gets better. Because this is about having fun together, everyone will be racing with a partner!" Rapunzel said making everyone groan. "Darn it." Varian said as he put his hands on his hips making me laugh. "You really wanted to go solo didn't you?" I asked and he shrugged his shoulders.

"Who picks our partners?" "Ah, ah! Not who...what." Rapunzel said before pulling a sheet off of a rather complicated looking contraction. "Couldn't we have just pulled names out of a hat?" Eugene asked. "Oh, but it is a hat! I call it the Horotory Automated Team-builder. Or H.A.T." She said revealing a label with hat in all caps before starting up her machine.

A blue and red ball rolled down and she picked them up. "And our first team is...Stan and..." "Pete! Stan and Pete!" Pete called out hoping it's him. "Angry!" Rapunzel called out. "What? This is an outrage! It's Stan and Pete. Everyone knows it's Stan and Pete!" Pete said getting more upset about not being partnered with Stan. "Yeah! And I don't wanna be paired up with some dopey guard." Kiera said and I giggled at them. "You're not paired up with some dopey guard. You're paired up with...oh." Stan said understanding that he is in fact the dopey guard.

"Pascal and...Max! Aw, cute!" Rapunzel said throwing the balls to the side. "Xavier...and Varian!" Rapunzel said and the new partners smiled to each other before Varian turned to face me. "I was really hoping we'd get partnered up." He said and I smirked. "I think you meant me or Eugene." I said and he rolled his eyes. "You're never going to let me live that down are you?" He asked and I giggled. "You can't live it down because you love Eugene." I said and he groaned.

"Ruddiger...and Hamuel!" Rapunzel said throwing the balls and they landed right in Hamuel's eyes. "Poor buddy. Stuck with that crow." Varian said softly as he pet the raccoon. I picked him up and stroked his head. "It'll be okay, buddy. Just ditch him." I whispered and he nodded. "Eugene and, of course, Lance." Rapunzel said and Eugene started to laugh. "That is not fair." I said under my breath. "Are you kidding me? Me and Lance together searching for treasure? Just give it to us right now, folks."

"Sunny...and (Y/n)!" Rapunzel said and my eyes widened. "W-wait, Punz, I really don't want to b-" "And finally...me...and Feldspar!" Rapunzel said before running over to him. "Up high, Feldspar! Come on!" She said raising her hand for a high five. "Oh, please, don't hit me! Oh! Oh, I get it. It's a-a gesture of camaraderie. Well, then I'm all in. Up high, woohoo! Ow." Feldspar said and I looked down at Sunny. "You put our names together didn't you?" I asked him and he simply meowed with a smirk. I rolled my eyes and picked him up so he was at my eye level. "We are not going after that treasure." I said and Sunny meowed ever so softly with big soft green eyes that started to make my heart melt. "N-no. The kitty eyes aren't going to work on me. You know just as well as I do that-" "Meow." Sunny said placing one of his paws gently on my nose. "N-" "Meow." He placed his other paw on my nose as well. My eyes softened as I looked at him and I groaned. "Ugh! Fine! We'll do it. But I still have a bad feeling about this. When something bad happens to you, don't expect me to fix it." I said putting him on the ground.

"Okay, everyone! Take a good look at the map. Be sure to memorize it." Rapunzel said and everyone got closer to it except for Sunny, Lance, Eugene, and I. "You can not take it with you. It's up to you and your partner, or, heh, should I say your new bestie, to find your way to the treasure. And to make this completely fair, (Y/n) no teleporting." Rapunzel said and I nodded before looking down at Sunny. "If I die, I'm telling Death you made me do this."

We were all at the starting place and I giggled as I watched Varian stretch. "You're really serious about this aren't you?" I asked and he nodded stretching out his arms. "I could really use the money. Plus, it'll be fun." He said and I shrugged my shoulders. "Oh no milady. Please calm down. Your excitement for this is overbearing." Varian said in the most monotone voice making me laugh. "How about we make a bet." Varian said as he smirked down at me. "Ooh what kind of bet?" I asked. "We can decide the stakes later. Let's just say that whoever touches the treasure first wins  sound fair?" He asked with a smirk as he held his hand out for me to shake. I thought for a moment before shaking his hand. "You're on, Sapphires." "Prepare to lose, milady." "Be careful, love. Wouldn't want to jinx it." I said standing up and smirking at him.

I was about to walk away when Varian pulled me back into him. He gave my lips a soft peck before pulling away. I tried to pull him back, but it was too late. He was already out of my grasp. "Good luck, milady." He said with a smirk and I was left there standing with a dark blush on my cheeks utterly speechless. "Y-you can't good luck kiss me and then walk away! How is that fair?" I asked crossing my arms over my chest as I watched him walk away with his hands in his pockets. I blinked as I saw Sunny next to me. "So, we're really playing, yes?" Sunny asked and I sighed. "I guess we are."

We all stood at the staring line. Everyone was getting ready to make a break for it except Sunny, Eugene, and Lance. I squeezed in next to Varian and Pete and waited for Rapunzel to shoot off the cannon. "On your mark." Rapunzel started to say and I turned towards Varian. "Hey, Sapphires." "Yeah?" He asked. "Get set." Rapunzel said getting ready to fire the cannon. I smirked as I grabbed Varian's collar and pulled him into a kiss. He was surprised at first before he melted into the kiss. The cannon fired and Rapunzel yelled. "Treasure!" I was able to hear everyone start running. We kissed for a few seconds longer before I pulled away. Varian was panting slightly and he had an adorable blush on his freckled cheeks. "I-I-" He started to say and I smirked at him. "You better get going if you wanna beat me." I said and his eyes widened. "B-beat you? Wh-what?" He said before quickly noticing that everyone was already running. I released his shirt and he started to run off. "You're a dirty cheater!" He yelled as he ran away and I laughed. "Not my fault you're easy to distract!" I yelled back and he turned around to stick his tongue out at me. I giggled as I stood next to Eugene and Lance who were sitting at a table. Rapunzel was about to pass us when Eugene spoke up.

"It's sad really. All these people getting their hopes up, when Lance and I are, obviously, going to win." "Oh. I'll tell you what will be sad. The look on your face when me and my partner get to the treasure first. Right, Feldspar?" Rapunzel asked cocky and ready to win. "Ooh!" Feldspar said and we all saw him with his head stuck in a wheel. "Does anyone have any butter?" He asked and Eugene and Rapunzel pulled him out. "Thank you." He said before walking away.

"You guys are gonna do just fine. In second place." Eugene said and Rapunzel mocked him. "Laugh now, but Feldspar and I are gonna be a force to be reckoned with. Right, Feldspar? Feldspar?" Rapunzel asked looking for her partner. I simply pointed down to the other wheel on the cart. "Wouldn't you just know it? I did it again." He said and I smirked at both of the groups.

"I think we all know that Sunny and I are going to win this. We'll be the first ones to get there." I said and Sunny jumped into my arms with a loud meow. "What are you going to do with all that treasure, missy?" Lance asked and I shrugged my shoulders. "Probably nothing. I still think this whole thing is a bad idea, but now I have to at least try. Sapphs and I made a bet, but I'm not touching the treasure." I said and Lance stared at me shocked. "You see I still don't get you." He said eating a cupcake and I shrugged my shoulders. "Come on, Sunny. We have a bet to win."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2K 66 10
A Skylander oc X RWBY + MHA + Highschool DXD harem book
6.6M 93.7K 15
***Not edited***** Find the complete book on Amazon!!! "My heart is in your hands...do with it as you please." Rye Alden counted herself lucky for...
741K 29K 41
Being a single dad is difficult. Being a Formula 1 driver is also tricky. Charles Leclerc is living both situations and it's hard, especially since h...