The Vampire Next Door

By rachel2k22

He had spent centuries with only himself for company, he fed, tortured and killed that was his life and he li... More

Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter twleve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty
Chapter Twenty-One
Chapter Twenty-Three
Chapter Twenty-Four
Chapter twenty-five
Chapter Twenty-Six
Chapter Twenty-Seven
Chapter Twenty-Eight
Chapter twenty-Nine
Chapter Thirty
Chapter Thirty-One
Chapter Thirty-Two
Chapter Thirty-Three (FINAL CHAPTER)
Info for new story

Twenty-Two

323K 10.4K 3.3K
By rachel2k22

Chapter twenty-two

Paige had barely left the bedroom for days, every time she heard a voice she thought it might be Seth, but every time she was left disappointed. Nixon had been trying to coax her out of the room but she refused, preferring her own company.

A knock at the door made her sigh, he was starting to annoy her now, “Come in.”

Nixon walked into the room with a bottle of vodka, two glasses and a pile of CDs, “I’m not taking no for an answer, we are going to have a drink together you need to cheer up.”

Paige sighed angrily when despite her protests he put a CD on and poured her a drink, feeling even more annoyed she took it off him and knocked it back. She wished she was back home, she just wanted to be left alone, there was only one person she wanted to see and Nixon was not him.

“I don’t need cheering up, I have my way of dealing with things and this is it,” she told him softly, feeling herself loosening up.

Nixon understood that, but the sooner she realised Seth was not coming back the better. He had been sending Marcus to check on her, but even he had strict instructions not to actually see her, he was to ask how she was and leave. Paige had no idea that Marcus had been visiting, he knew better than to defy Seth’s wishes, even though he couldn’t understand his reasons.

“Let’s not talk about it,” he offered.

Paige nodded her head she didn’t particularly want to think about Seth, even though he was consuming her every thought. Paige felt herself becoming more comfortable around Nixon as they talked about random things they liked and music. She stopped talking and looked at him with a smile, he was quite sexy she hadn’t really had the chance to admire him but now he was sitting in front of her she could take in every detail.

He had blue eyes, but they were nowhere near as nice as Seth’s was, and his hair was blonde but she preferred Seth’s black hair that always looked like he had just rolled out of bed. Then she realised what she was doing, she was comparing them and every time Seth was better, why couldn’t she just find something that she liked.

“Are you alright?” he asked her concerned that she had stopped talking and was just staring at him.

Paige nodded her head and smiled, “Yeah.”

Nixon leaned over her to change the CD over and when she laughed as he brushed against her ribs, he smiled wickedly, “You’re ticklish?”

“No I’m not!” she told him with a giggle.

Nixon smirked at her and grabbed her sides tickling her, Paige writhed around underneath him giggling as he tickled her harder.

“Well isn’t this cosy?” an annoyed voice came from the door.

Nixon let go of Paige quickly and spun around to face the source of the voice, Paige looked over Nixon’s shoulder and scowled.

“It’s not what it looks like!” Nixon tried to reassure.

He stepped further into the room, stopping just in front of the two of them and looked at Nixon expectantly; Paige was even more irritated that he hadn’t once laid eyes on her.

“Oh and what does it look like?” he asked sarcastically, his tone was laced with anger and it made Nixon shudder.

“Don’t even go there Seth! You know it was innocent you can read my mind!” Paige huffed.

Seth finally turned to look at her, but his eyes narrowed even more and he flashed his fangs angrily, “I know that you’re drunk!” he hissed.

Paige stood up to face him, but his point was proven when she swayed slightly. She had definitely drunk more than she should have, “Oh I’m sorry am I not allowed to drink now?” she slurred.

Seth glared at Nixon and he rushed from the room, although he didn’t want to leave her alone with him, he knew better than to get on the wrong side of him. Especially when he was in a mood like that.

“You’re so rude, we were just messing around!” Paige shouted.

He was turning it into something big and it was unnecessary, she was having a drink and a laugh with a friend and Seth knew it, he just seemed to love an argument with her.

“Is that what you call it?” he spat moving closer to her.

Paige’s heart accelerated, he was so close to her now and she closed her eyes and sighed. She had missed him and even though he was being so hostile, it was nice to be so near to him again.

“You purposely disobeyed me,” he whispered, his arms were either side of her head and he had her blocked in.

She shook her head, the feel of his breath on her neck and his body so close was sending her mind into a heated frenzy. She wanted to reach out and touch him, but was too scared she had no idea what his reaction would be, he was angry she could see it in those cold blue eyes.

“Just go, and take your contradictions with you!” she snapped suddenly feeling stronger again, he was doing this on purpose knowing how weak for him she was.

“What is that supposed to mean?” he asked raising an eyebrow.

Paige tried to duck down under his arm, but he moved it and blocked her again, “Are you that stupid?” she shouted, she tried to move again but he moved closer and she screamed in frustration.

“You should watch that mouth of yours my love,” he told her with a smirk.

Paige felt herself becoming angrier by the minute, “Why what are you going to do!”

Seth slammed his lips against hers, and she groaned in surprise as his hands dropped from the side of her head and he lifted her up pressing her back into the wall and wrapping her legs around him. She was enjoying the kiss so much, the feel of his soft lips against her, so dominate and angry but then she shoved at his chest and pulled her head back breaking the kiss.

“You’re unbelievable, how dare you!” she panted, she was breathless from their kiss she couldn’t believe she had nearly lost herself in him again.

Seth’s eyes were dark with desire, he smirked at her and moved her arms pinning them above her head, “You’re mine, and you’ll do well to remember that.”

She tried to wriggle free but it was no good he was holding her too tightly; she lost her temper as his mouth covered hers for the second time and when his tongue slipped past her lips and into her mouth, she bit down.

“You little bitch!” he hissed rearing his head back and baring his fangs at her, blood dribbling from his mouth.

“I belong to no one and you will do well to remember that!” she told him holding her head up high and meeting his angry gaze.

Seth dropped her to the floor and smirked down at her as she rubbed her head that had just bounced off the wall, “You’re pathetic it’s always the same with you, one step forward two back. Well let me tell you I’ve had it with your games. Just go I don’t want to see you again!” she screamed at him.

Seth stayed where he was he was going nowhere. He was furious with her; if he had been a minute later, he dreaded to think what they would have been doing. If she thought he was going to walk out and let her continue where she left off she had a shock coming, he was staying the night, and then he was taking her with him.

“Nixon!” Paige shouted, she wanted him out she was sick of looking at him.

Seth glared at Nixon when he opened the door then turned to face Paige, he didn’t like her relying on him. He moved so quickly neither Nixon nor Paige had a chance to do anything.

“Get off her you lunatic!” Nixon shouted as Seth pinned her against the wall.

The bedroom door burst open and Marcus stormed in pulling Seth away, and he glared at Nixon, “What did I tell you?”

Paige looked between the three of them as they all stood staring at each other, Seth punched the wall in a temper then pushed past Marcus grabbing Paige’s arm, “You’re not staying here!”

“Why not?” she snapped pulling her arm away.

Celina came into the room wondering what all of the commotion was about, and as soon as she saw the jealous look in Seth’s eyes, she knew it was because of Nixon. She pulled her son out of the room and demanded he go and stay at a friend’s house whilst she calmed Seth down.

“Marcus leave them alone, let them talk things through,” Celina told him opening the door and motioning for him to leave.

Marcus followed her from the room and left Seth and Paige together again. Paige sat down on the bed and refused to look up at Seth as he stood in front of her, his arms folded over his chest.

“Look at me,” he demanded.

Paige blanked him; she wanted him to go she was sick of him. She lay back on the bed closing her eyes and trying to pretend he wasn’t standing there looking murderous.

“I said...”

“I heard you the first time!” she snapped before he could finish.

He wanted to throttle her, but the urge to kiss her again was beating that feeling and as he sat next to her on the bed, he was fighting with himself not to. He didn’t want her trying to take a chunk out of his tongue again.

“I do have feelings for you, I thought it was obvious.” He said with an angry sigh.

Paige looked up at him shocked by his confession although she knew it; he had denied it every time, so why now she wondered.

“You told me to get over you!” she whispered, her voice was shaky and she was unsure of where this conversation was going.

Seth nodded his head, but their time apart even though it had only been a few days was enough to make him realise he wanted her, needed her and he knew he had to try and put things right.

“I do want you, more than you would ever know,” he told her lying down next to her and propping himself up on his elbow.

Paige’s heart warmed at his admission, but after what he had put her through it was about time he had a taste of his own medicine and she was determined to have her revenge on him for making her so confused.

“It’s too late,” she replied her voice strong.

Seth hadn’t expected that, he stupidly thought she would run into his arms. It was what he had wanted before, her rejection, but he didn’t want that now.

**

Nixon stormed round to his friend's house, he didn’t know why Paige was even wasting her time talking to Seth he didn’t deserve her and he couldn’t keep turning up when he felt like it and playing with her emotions. He opened the front door to his friend’s cottage and walked in slumping down on the sofa with a huff.

“What’s wrong Nix?” April asked sitting next to him.

Nixon looked at the young witch and sighed, she wasn’t going to understand because she liked Seth, and she always jumped to his defence. He started to tell her about Seth finding his mate, how Paige was in danger and was staying with them to keep her away from Ipes and Isabella.

“So there you have it, he’s round there now messing with her head again,” he said with another sigh.

April tried to keep her face as neutral as she could, but hearing that Seth had found his mate filled her with jealously she had always been attracted to him, even though he had told her it was never going to happen. She wanted him, she didn’t want Paige to be the one he loved, and that thought alone filled her with rage.

“It’s not your business Nix, you should know better than to annoy him,” she warned him.

Nixon knew that, but he didn’t see why that meant Seth could walk all over Paige it just wasn’t fair and he didn’t want to see her treated in that way. April got up and went to her bedroom; she opened up her spell book and flicked through the pages. She found the page she was looking for and smiled at the summoning spell. If she could summon Ipes to her then she could get Paige away from Seth. She had no idea how dangerous that move was going to be though as she started to call on the demon.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

4.3K 360 25
There was always something off about the blonde. To put it nicely, he was weird. To George, his odd roommate never bothered him until he saw somethin...
33.2K 1.2K 32
It's your 1 year anniversary with Jack. You were so excited for tonight! He was keeping it a secret, where you were going, and no matter how many tim...
521 228 25
"Kill..." the low whispering voice trailed off into my head. I don't think the strange whispering voice came from anyone in the room. It was too loud...
4.3M 117K 53
"I don't want to go with you" I whispered... Big mistake. I screamed as he slammed me down to the ground hard and held my neck, he straddled my hip...