To Train an Alpha

By arenstig

Enyo Choi was the kind of person who commands the energy in the room. Strong, loud, cunning. A whip-like tong... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15

Chapter 10

1.5K 56 16
By arenstig

(1558 words) (plz read bottom)
"What the actual fuck is going on?" she said in between deep fast breaths. She had a hand on her chest just to make sure she hadn't died and this was some sort of weird heaven or hell situation. The small things that flew in the air were now sitting on table.

They looked like small people but their tiny face had been morphed. They seemed to faces similar to owls, flat round cheeks with lip that poked out like small beaks. Enyo's chest shook violently under her uneven breath and she extended her hand out to the creature. It cheerfully climbed onto the pads of her finger tips. It's body was light and tingly on her skin, it couldn't have been any bigger than the nail on her thumb.

She brought it to her face spearing less than an inch between them. It's skin was pale and scaly. It's eyes resembled those of a teddy bear, it curled it's beak like lips into a smile. Enyo smiled and let out a shaky breathe and turned to Tobi who was still standing against the door.

His dirty blonde hair was now a sleek shining black. She pursed her lips up and gulped.

"What is this place?" she said in a wavering voice.

"Well this is a library, I thought that was obvious," he laughed pushing himself off the wall. She rolled her eyes and huffed. The seriousness of the moment was gone.

"Come on jackass I'm being serious," she  spun the chair around to face him fully, being careful not to shake her too much that the small creature would fly away.

"And I'm serious as well this is a library. A portal between the mortal world the Hux," he said strolling towards the table where she sat. She gave him a puzzled look. He stood on the other side of the wooden table. He looked to his right where the rest of the library sat. He inched his finger as if he was trying to call someone over.

From the depths of the library's the sound of rattling wheels raced towards them. An old chalk board stopped next to Tobi with a huge halt. It was covered in complex math problems and small doodles of animals in the corner. Suddenly the chalk began shake violently and clumped together in the middle. It disbursed into a smiley face that seemed to blink a couple times. It's eyes shifted as if it was looking for something. It's face seemingly lit up as it's eyes landed on Tobi.

"Oh your finally back Master! It's been some time," it spoke. The voice that came out sounded like an older Scottish women talking, it's tone was warm and gentle.

"Oh Miriam, I was here just yesterday," he whined smiling at the board leaning on it ever so slight. It let out a mild grunt.

"Get off me you big oaf. Plus you know time passes faster in this old place," it huffed rolling it's eyes. As it's eyes passed over, it finally noticed Enyo.

"Miriam, I have someone to introduce to you," he said stretching out his arm towards their guest "This is Enyo."

It's face lit up as if it had been waiting it's whole life to see her.

"My stars! It's an honor to meet you darling. This old geezer here would not-," before the chalk board could finish Tobi vcut it off.

"Miriam, I know how much you like to talk but I'm trying to teach about the Hux," he said in a soothing tone. It's facial expressions soften to match his tone. It could only sigh.

"Fine, I'll leave you to it then. It's not hard Enyo just try and grasp on to everything. And remember not everything is what it seems,"

Before Tobi could scold it for saying something so ominous, it's face dated from the chalkboard. Tobi huffed slightly at the old board and clapped.

"Now! Let's get into this," He said grabbing a piece of chalk from the tray attached to the board. He drew a large venn diagram with two circles. On one side he wrote "Physical" and in the other he wrote "Hux".

"Let's start with the physical world," he stated tapping on the center of the circle "This is where you grew up."

"This is where everything you are familiar with lives. Your dogs, cats, birds and other pieces of nature are thing to things in the Hux... maybe a little smaller. Do you understand that?" He asked.

If Enyo was being honest she would say no. Nothing was making any sense. Just a second ago they were rejoicing as long lost friends in the middle of the forest in his 2016 Toyota Camry and now she was in a library that looked like a shed with winged creatures and a talking chalk board. Nonetheless she was a liar, so she shook her head yes.

After hours of explaining the ins and outs of the supernatural world Enyo could only sit amazed. They stood outside of the shed library hybrid. How Tobi explained it was, this was a portal to the Hux. A passage way very few people know about.

One of the biggest reveals of the night was that Tobi wasn't all human. He was a sorcerer and an old one at that. For as long as the Hux been connected to the Physical world he has been a reincarnate. Every time his body, or his vessel, dies he is born again with all of his memories. Sometimes it takes centuries sometimes it takes mere seconds.

Enyo was now fully aware of all of the supernatural creatures that roamed this world. What she was more surprised how was the fact that this boring old town was a werewolf hotspot. Were some of her friends werewolfs? Could they be vampires? Why didn't they tell her because it seemed like she was the only person who didn't know. She was conflicted.

She stretched her arms over her head, as sitting in a wooden chair for hours listening to someone drone on about stuff you don't isn't the best for your back. As she gazed around she noticed nothing changed. Though it seemed like hours the moon was still in the same place in sky and birds still sat peacefully on the oak branches.

"Let's get you home, we have school tomorrow," he yawned. She walked over to the passenger side door but suddenly her knees became weak. She squatted down and rested her forehead against the car door handle.

Those huge dog like foot in the woods, the things that flap past the moon at night, that feeling of being out of the know, that disgustingly isolating feeling. There was a reason. A real reason.

"Hey kid, are you ok?," he asked unlocking the car from his side. She stood up again and sucked up the midnight air.

"Yeah, I'm fine but do you want me to call you Tobi or Mr. Cowal," she asked sliding into the car. As he began to back the car out of the clearing he thought about her question.

"You can call me Cowal at school but Tobi is cool. Just don't call me Silas. I hate that fuckin name," he grunted. She only smiled and gazed out the window as he drove her home.

Her mind drifted into deep thought the whole car ride home. Once she had arrived home, she sluggishly dragged her tired limbs up the stair of her apartment. She took a hot shower to clear her thoughts but it was less of a shower and more of her head bowed under blistering hot water. It seemed like every second she sat in the steam, her thoughts only became more and more clouded over.

She slipped on her undergarments, a tired old tee shirt and a pair of socks. She couldn't bring herself to sleep in her bed on nights like this. Nights were her bright personality seemed dim and she had too many thoughts and never ended up sleeping. She slowly tiptoed into the living room past her sleeping cat. A chair sat near a window that faced the thick green woods that sat at the back of her apartment complex.

She opened the window wide and sunk into the red arm chair that Karmin had gotten her. The first week she started working at the Rec Room Karmin brought house warming gifts. She smiled at memory and how warm it made her feel. Enyo thought deeply and critically about her friends and who could have been a werewolf or vampire. Could they be elfs  as well? She would have to ask Tobi.

When she brought up all the weird shit that happened in this town, they always dismissed her.

She played with ashtray that sat on her windowsill and gently pushed it to rest her arms. Laying her head on them she let her soft ringlets of curls drape out of the window, the cool air slowly drying them.

As she finally began to doze off, her eyes flickering open and closed. As they opened one last time she saw something she had never seen before. A very large black dog sat at the edge of the lining of trees. She grinned to herself.

I knew I would see something tonight.
—————————————————————
important announcement
i have a questions for y'all just to help fit the readers.
•short or long chapters?
•sunday, tuesday or thursday uploads

hey y'all:D... so i know this chapter is almost a month late but in my defense i'm in summer school. but i end this week so don't kill me.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

16.8K 379 17
"Darling." He smirked and eyed my lips. "Promises can be broken." "I don't break promises," I aimed to assure. "I know because I know you." He stretc...
1K 118 24
(Previously titled "Werewolf's Desire") When Riley discovers her supernatural abilities, she is brought into a world of danger and power she never kn...
550K 15.1K 26
Alpha- fearless leader stronger than any other shifter. Beta- second in command and faithful confident. Finding out that their mates proves to be les...
191K 5.8K 27
Abigail seemed to have had the perfect life. She was by no means at the peak of the popularity food chain, but was content with her handful of friend...