Selfless

By IHateHeroes

Naruto meets a certain woman in his dream's that haunts him by making him live a life of ecstasy that no man... More

Who is She ?
Insolence
Husband
Gennin Test
Saved By the Bell
Training Together
Why Him ?
Training with Genjutsu Mistress
Who is She ?
Tiring Day
I Failed You
Attack!
Into The Waves
Into the waves-Part 2
Into the waves-Part 3
Into the waves-Part 4
Imperial
Damn you Brat
Into the waves-Part 5
Shopping
Attack Begins
Into the waves-Part 6
Lava
Wave Last
Gato Dead
Goodbye Wave
Do they know ?
It's Rude to Point
Attack
New Friend
I need No-one
She is older then him
What a Technique !
Why don't I take you out
Date
Not like you
4 Years Wasted
Rookies
This could be a Problem
Written Test
Being A Man
Forest of Death
She's Here
Sound Ninjas
Matches
Preliminaries End
Beginning of a Month
Grown In bad Way
Meeting the Pervert
Finals Start
Fate!
Unexpected
Brothers Are Hassle
Observation!
Invasion
Battle
End of an Era!
Majesty !
Ask Her
We are Not
Kyuubi
Wha...What ?
Was I Good
Inner Turmoil!
Akatsuki Encounter!
Tsunade!
Teikoku
I'm the Godaime Hokage!
Lie
Rookie of the year
What is life ?
Glad you're here
Why Not ?
Selflessness
Apologize
You are Worthy!
Nobody's Second Choice
Moving On
This boy's going to be great
Snow
Say you want to Live
Act called life
Ever Again
I Accept
Ascension
I am you
Some Unexpected Help
Gaining Information
Things Will Work Out
Rift
Slap!
No Regrets!
Punishment
Seals
Getting Close
Deeply Interested
Jounin Exam Starts
Who are you ?
I Saw
World Class
Transfer
News !
I Lost
Winning
Retake
Support !!
New Jonin
Untitled Part 109
In the loving memory
Rookie Training
Rookie Training - 2
Being a Jonin!
Bar
Kis..ssss..me
Show Down!

Training !

994 46 17
By IHateHeroes

Welcome back to the chapter 50 of "Selfless".

"Talking"

'Thoughts'

"Demonic Voice"

"Flashback"

...................................

It was morning as in the hospital Maito Gai sat outside his student room. Yesterday's incident was fresh on his mind.

Flashback

"Lee..." Gai watched sadly as he saw his student do push ups desperately even though he was in pain.

Wearing a cast to hold his dead arm Lee did his exercise "I...I won't give up. To become strong with Taijutsu and to never give up...That is my Ninja way." Suddenly Lee had a spasm and fell to the floor in pain getting Gai and Sakura worried

"I told you to stay in your bed" a nurse lectured as she lifted him up.

Sakura who was next to Gai can only watch in pity.

"Gai-Se...Sensei...Sakura-san" both people looked a Lee was being put to bed "I will be better and become stronger. I won't give up" Sakura and Gai smiled as they saw the vibrant boy close his eyes.

"Geez he does this every time" the Nurse sighed "Nurse-san" the Nurse turned to see Sakura who held up a bunch of flowers "can you give put this next to Lee-San" Gai looked shocked but then smiled.

"Yes I will let him know when he wakes up. You two should let him rest" Sakura and Gai nodded.

"Thank you" Gai thanked the Nurse and together he and Sakura left.

"Gai-San" Gai looked at Sakura who bowed at him surprisingly "I want to thank Lee for saving me but he is...." Gai nodded knowing what she meant "so I want to thank you in his stead"

"Thank him in person Sakura-San" Sakura nodded as she looked to be in tears "like Lee I will become stronger"

"I know you will" Sakura smiled and bowed "thank you Gai-san" Gai nodded as then the girl left. Leaving the man alone with his thoughts

End of flashback

Remembering made him think about what Naruto wanted.

The Uzumaki boy wanted to learn from him. It shocked him when the blond who from what he saw was strong bowing to learn from him.

"I want to train with you"

Naruto's voice echoed within Gai's mind which made him smile.

"Lee...Naruto it would seem I have another youthful student in the midst" Gai smiled as he then got up "Lee I will see you later but first it's time to see another." Gai then left the hospital to find Naruto.

Konoha forest

Jiraiya sighed "since you look to be irritated I will ask you. What techniques do you want?"

Naruto smirked "I want water Ninjutsu's that's if you have any" Jiraiya grunted "as expected I prepared the right techniques for you" he then went to his pocket and pulled out a scroll and threw at him.

"Here are 3 water techniques as promised" Naruto picked up the scroll and read it. His eyes went wide the techniques were Water Release: Water Encampment Wall, Water Release: Water Dragon Bullet Technique & Water Release: Great Waterfall Technique.

"Whoa!" Jiraiya smirked "I don't give people techniques like that easily but I promised"

Naruto was amazed but and quickly pocketed the technique "hey what about the book" Jiraiya smirked "don't worry that will be delivered to you"

"Okay Naruto come here" the Uzumaki listened to the man and came towards him as they sat on the grass.

"Okay Naruto I want to tell you something. I have you ever felt different...like a new energy enveloping you."

"You mean the Kyuubi" Jiraiya nodded as he knew the blond knew about his tenant

"Yeah there was a time" the Uzumaki recollected the time he faced Rokusho Aoi

Jiraiya nodded "yes Naruto you have two different chakras within you"

Naruto nodded but inwardly he was thinking different "those pills Kisara gave allowed me to use her chakra"

"Okay Naruto lift up your shirt" Naruto raised his eyebrow at him making the Jiraiya sigh "just do it will you"

Naruto sighed and opened his black Jacket and lifted up his white T-shirt to show his bare body to the Sannin

"You are well trained. I don't think I see Shinobies that are well-proportioned" Jiraiya touched his stomach "hey just remember well above the waist"

"Shut up brat I'm a pervert not gay" Naruto chuckled as then the seal appeared getting the Sannin's attention as he touched it "so this is the seal they placed on him" he then inspected and was marvelled every second "it's so complex I think the fox will have problems getting out"

"From what I can deduce the seal is created for Naruto to use the fox's energy when he is in danger. So all the stamina and huge chakra he has is all him. The fox is there to protect him. What present you gave him. Minato, Kushina"

"Alright before we begin tell me what you know" Naruto raised his eyebrow at the man who sighed "I know about your chakra manipulation technique Naruto" the Uzumaki's eyes went wide as the Sannin smirked "I'm impressed since your well above the age of the rookies but still it takes years to do such technique as it takes a brilliant mind to know it.

Naruto sighed since he had no choice but to tell him. So he told Jiraiya about the "Imperial: light mirror repulsion!" (Teikoku Kō Kyō Han Shō).

Jiraiya nodded as he was amazed at such a technique being made "to think he made a counter technique like that. Truly he is a prodigy like his parents"

"From what you told me does the technique have a weakness" Naruto suddenly took a stoic expression and replied that it didn't.

Jiraiya smirked "so it does have a weakness and he wants to hide it. Impressive"

"Alright Naruto today I will teach you the secret technique" Naruto's eyes went wide as he got up looking at Jiraiya who stood up as well.

"Watch and learn!" Biting his thumbs Jiraiya went through a few hand seals and slammed it into the ground, "What I'm going to teach you is this! Kuchiyose No Jutsu (Summoning Jutsu)!"

There was a puff of smoked and when it cleared a large toad about three sizes larger than Naruto appeared. It opened its mouth and stuck out its tongue, setting the scroll it held on the ground.

"Whoa! What's with the frog?" asked Naruto, blinking in surprise.

Jiraiya nodded "since you my boy are my apprentice. It means you get the special privilege of being one of the few summoners for the Toad contract. Now just sign your name in blood and give your fingerprints."

Naruto marvelled the toad before him and touched it which grunted in amazement. He then looked at Jiraiya who smiled and nodded and then looked at the opened up the contract, getting on his knees he looked at the scroll and saw the name that was next to where he was going to write "Namikaze... Minato?"

Naruto's eyes went wide at the name but then his face became expressionless "so he was your student" Jiraiya's face suddenly turned serious "yes he was"

Naruto's hair covered his face as he carried on speaking "you know I can see that you're a nice guy" Jiraiya just watched him with a look of sadness written in his face "you don't want to sign it do you"

Naruto got up and had his back turned to him "I have nothing against you but I want nothing to do with him"

"He done what was needed" Naruto scowled unknowingly to the man "yes that's what you think. I think different"

"Naruto..." Jiraiya muttered "a man who sells a new-born's soul for the village is not a leader. But I guess that's my opinion"

"What do you think a leader is then" Jiraiya spoke sternly

"It may sound idealistic but I think a leader is a man who obtains everything even if he loses his life to do so"

Suddenly Jiraiya chuckled "that's a nice ambition Naruto" Jiraiya then got rid of his summon and got to his feet "train with those techniques I gave you" Naruto nodded and walked off.

"Naruto" the Uzumaki halted "if you need any help, anything at all. Just ask" Naruto just nodded and then left leaving Jiraiya alone "Minato...Kushina you may have saved the village but I sincerely hope you didn't lose your son in the process"

0°0°0°0°0°0

Thinking about what happened made his mouth dry as Naruto walked in the village. He now got three useful water techniques in which he didn't have before. He only had wind techniques in his arsenal and the Kage-Bunshin.

As he walked in the square he bumped into someone "sorry" he was about to leave when the person he bumped into grabbed his shoulder.

Suddenly Naruto was about to get angry but then relented since he heard the person say his name "YOSH! NARUTO-KUN!"

"Gai-San" Naruto turned to see Gai who smiled "from now on call me Gai-Sensei"

His eyes went wide "but you said when Lee's better you could train me"

"Well Lee is better" Naruto was shocked "what really" Gai gave a thumbs up "that's right although he is still in the hospital his heart is better than ever"

Naruto became sad "Gai..."

"It's Gai-Sensei Naruto!" Naruto suddenly raised his head high "Yes Gai-Sensei!"

0°0°0°0°0°0

Gai and Naruto were in a small dojo as Naruto looked around it in wonder. Gai went inside to get something for him.

"Wow this is amazing" Naruto looked around in awe.

"Glad you like it Naruto-Kun" Gai came in with some clothes in his hand "I want you to wear this" Naruto looked at the clothes and nodded.

A moment later Naruto came out with a black sleeveless shirt with white trousers and black sandals.

"What's with the get up Gai-Sensei" Naruto looked at his clothes

"Naruto-Kun this is what you wear when we train here" Gain sat on his knees and gestured Naruto to do the same.

"Okay Naruto why do you want to learn from me" Naruto had a serious expression "you want the truth" Gai nodded "I want to know more about the 8 gates"

Gai's eyes went wide as then his face turned serious "explain?"

"I'm good at fighting. Self-taught really but I always marveled how Lee was like" Gai nodded "you were envious of him"

"No I was not. In a way I respected him. I knew him in the academy" Gai nodded as Lee told him about how he and Naruto were friends "he said that you were the one who encouraged him"

Naruto sheepishly scratched the back of his head "yeah what friend I was leaving until the end of the year exam" Gai nodded again "the reason why I want to learn is well. I have no reason"

Gai's eyes went wide "what?" Naruto had his head down "I don't have a reason I...just want to become strong."

"That's selfish" Gai reprimanded

"I know...but I just do"

"You could die" Gai scolded

"I'm prepared"

"Are you" Gai spoke sagely

"Do I have to?" Gai smirked "if you are this determined then I will train you" Naruto became happy

"Thank you Sensei"

Gai now had a serious look "once we go through my training then I will decide if you can learn the 8 gates."

"Now come with me" Naruto nodded as the two went outside to a training a ground.

The stood in front of a large boulder "now I want to see what you can do" he then pointed at the boulder "punch this boulder." Naruto was about to punch it when Gai stopped him "no chakra!"

Naruto stopped and looked at the man and smirked "okay sure" raising his right hand back he tensed it which brought out his muscles and then he screamed "ARGH!" as soon as he punched it the boulder was smashed to pieces.

Grunting in pain as his right hand was bleeding Naruto smirked and looked at Gai "now how is..."

"WRONG! WHAT IS WRONG WITH YOU" Gai was enraged at Naruto who was flabbergasted "what did I do wrong" Gai suddenly grabbed his right hand making him wince in pain "such rage and no control you are truly unfit to master the 8 gates" Naruto's eyes went wide "you told me to punch the rock and I did"

"and you decided to disable your right hand in the process" Naruto was shocked as he barely could feel his right hand"

"You are like a wild animal. I don't have time with you" Naruto became angry and spat back" yeah and you can do better!"

Gai was silent as he then walked to another boulder and suddenly punched it. Nothing happened and then unexpectedly the huge boulder was cut in half.

Naruto gasped "this is how it is done. Now leave!" Gai spoke in venom like voice.

All Naruto could do was leave.

0°0°0°0°0°0

Naruto came home late as Kisara wasn't home and suddenly went to his bed. Kisara came later with Naruto asleep with a bandaged right hand. She soon opened her eyes to see her husband gone in the morning.

She smirked. Her husband was training.

0°0°0°0°0°0

Day by day Naruto waited for Gai to come to the dojo but he didn't soon 1 week has passed and it was getting dark.

Gai finally came to his dojo to see Naruto standing sitting on the floor with the clothes he gave him "what do you want"

"I want another chance" Naruto pleaded

"How long were you here" Gai asked has Naruto looked like he was here all day

"I was waiting for you" Gai's eyes went wide "please teach me how to control myself"

"You were foolish" Naruto bit his lip and kept quiet "but you were waiting here all week all day" Naruto's eyes went wide "for that I will give you one chance come inside. We have much to discuss"

"Thank you!" Naruto smiled but Gai gave him a cold look

They soon went inside as the two sat opposite from each other.

"Okay Naruto. What do you know about Taijutsu"

"It's an art of fighting" Gai sighed "Yes a bit but it's also an art of pure dance and relief"

"Dance and relief" Gai nodded "that's right Naruto when you fight do you enjoy yourself" the Uzumaki nodded slowly "it's nothing to be ashamed. What you're experiencing is relief"

"What's the dance" Gai smiled "dodging and taking hits"

Naruto's eyes went wide "when you dodge a technique or a punch and take it head on and live. What do you feel"

"I feel excited that I survived" Gai nodded "that's right that's Taijutsu it's a weapon of the body that allows you to do all those wonderful things"

"The 8 gates is the end product of pure Taijutsu as it's like an engine and brings your body to its highest limit it can possibly can" Naruto nodded "can it be copied by the Sharingan" Gai's eyes narrowed making Naruto tense.

"Yes it can be copied but that person can only open 1 gate"

"Why is that" Naruto enquired.

"Naruto get up" Gai ordered making Naruto get up.

"Take off your shirt" Naruto rolled his eyes at the familiarity and took it off.

"Your body is well trained" Gai inspected "what's it got to do with the eight gates

Gai sighed at his student's cluelessness "Naruto have you ever seen people being very built" Naruto pondered and remembered Jiraiya complementing him as well "no I didn't"

"Let me tell you about Taijutsu in more detail. Looking at your body I believe it can handle the 8 gates"

"Why is that" Naruto asked making Gai sigh as he was telling the boy something he didn't tell even Lee.

"Naruto almost all the Shinobies don't train their bodies. They only train to the level where it can handle their chakra or when they can enact their Jutsu's.

Naruto nodded "So your saying that Kakashi can't fully do the 8 gates" Gai nodded "he will need to train every day to keep his body at the same level. It will be difficult."

"How can you and Lee use it" Gai smiled "Me and Lee almost train constantly keeping our bodies balanced and constant."

"What about me" Naruto spoke slowly. Gai smiled "Naruto you are what I call a special case"

"What" Naruto was puzzled?

"Naruto how long did you train" Naruto pondered as he was thinking "I was training since I was a child" Gai smiled "that's right your body since then got into a state where it can handle the training necessary to do the 8 gates even so your body itself can reach 5 gates" Naruto's eyes went wide "So...I can do it"

Gai sighed "yes your body unlike Kakashi who can be overpowered in taijutsu. Your body can handle the stress and endurance."

Naruto smiled as he was ecstatic "when can I start" Gai sighed as he then brought weights "your around a middleweight a low heavyweight so this is enough" Naruto took the weights and then suddenly almost fell to the floor.

"What's with these weights...they're 400 pounds" Naruto grunted "when you put them on it will help you concentrate your strength on those weights then your fists"

"Then how can I punch the boulder" Naruto whined Gai smiled "that's the best part of this training. You will be able to know how much strength is necessary rather than just going wild like an animal. Once you will be able to split the rock in two then you are ready to learn the 8 gates"

"Put these on both your hands and legs and walk home. Then come here tomorrow at 7" Gai ordered

Naruto put on the weights with difficulty and then smiled "Tha...thank you"

"You won't be thanking me tomorrow" Gai spoke as he closed the dojo.

Naruto had experienced the longest way home.

.......................

And cut

Till the next time stay happy and safe

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

337 5 9
A story which shines a spotlight on the kunoichi in Naruto's life as he continues in his goal to unite the shinobi world in a way that would make Jir...
4.7K 110 21
Naruto doesn't know what he wants to be: Respected, feared, the Hokage, or strong. He doesn't know. Now that Kakashi picks them up for introductions...
116 5 1
Naruto's been Hokage for two years now. He's been down a lot lately as he watches his friends' kids grow up. Naruto and Hinata had recently been tryi...
40.2K 1.3K 25
Naruto Uzumaki is the hot new singer in town. You hate him at first but a shocking secret will reveal your true feelings. "A long time ago, I moved c...