My Future Stepbrother

Por MonroeThirty

**BOOK ONE OF THE FORBIDDEN LUST SERIES** "How am I supposed to become your brother when all I want to do is... Más

Authors Notes
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 60
Chapter 61
Chapter 62
Chapter 63
Chapter 64
Chapter 65
Chapter 66
Chapter 67
Chapter 68
Chapter 69
Chapter 70
Chapter 71
Chapter 72
Chapter 73
Chapter 74
Chapter 75
Chapter 76
Chapter 77
Chapter 78
Chapter 79
Chapter 80
Chapter 81
Chapter 82
Chapter 83
Chapter 84
Chapter 85
Chapter 86
Chapter 87
Chapter 88
Chapter 89
Chapter 90
Chapter 91
Chapter 92
Chapter 93
Chapter 94
Chapter 95
Chapter 96
Chapter 97
Chapter 98
Chapter 99
Chapter 100
Chapter 101
Chapter 102
Chapter 103
Chapter 104
Chapter 105
Chapter 106
Chapter 107
Chapter 108
Chapter 109
Chapter 110
Chapter 111
Chapter 112
Chapter 113
Chapter 114
Chapter 115
Chapter 116
Chapter 117
Chapter 118
Chapter 119
Chapter 120
Chapter 121
Chapter 122
Chapter 123
Chapter 124
Chapter 125
Chapter 126
Chapter 127
Chapter 128
Chapter 129
Chapter 130
Chapter 131
Chapter 132
Chapter 133
Chapter 134
Chapter 135
Chapter 136
Chapter 137
Chapter 138
Chapter 139
Chapter 140
Chapter 141
Chapter 142
Chapter 143
Chapter 144
Chapter 145
Chapter 146
Chapter 147
Chapter 148
Chapter 149
Chapter 150
Chapter 151
Chapter 152
Chapter 153
Chapter 154
Chapter 155
Chapter 156
Chapter 157
Chapter 158
Chapter 159
Chapter 160
Chapter 161
Chapter 162
Chapter 163
Chapter 164
Chapter 165
Chapter 166
Chapter 167
Chapter 168
Chapter 169
Epilogue
BOOK TWO AVAILABLE NOW!

Chapter 27

4.5K 152 3
Por MonroeThirty

Jayce softly lowers me back to the floor and I get flustered trying to get my long hair from my face.

"We were just messing around mum." Jayce says in a shaky voice I'm sure he meant to have under better control before he spoke.

"Jayce, living room. Now." Tara states firmly.

I walk back to the counter and grab my plate, turning on the water to wash it. I wash it quickly then tip toe to the hallway to listen to them. Tara is talking in hushed tones but I can still hear her.

"Jayce I know what your doing and it has to stop." I feel my heart start pounding in my chest. She knows about us.

Jayce plays dumb. "What are you talking about?"

I can hear Tara pacing back and forth as her heels clicked and clacked along the hard wood floors. Her expensive perfume fills the air.

"Look I know what you're like with girls, you have a way with them and can make them bend to you. I've seen it a hundred times with you Jayce. You don't know how to talk to a girl if your not flirting with them but you can't do that now. She's going to be your sister Jayce. Aleah has to be off limits to you."

Shit. Fuck. Don't tell her about us Jayce, please don't tell her.

There's an awkward amount of silence before Tara speaks again.

"Jayce, I'm sure what just happened was completely innocent but these things have a way of developing and getting out of control. If something happened between you then I know Cole would take her away from here. He'd leave me to protect her and I wouldn't blame him."

I knew she was right. Dad wouldn't know how to deal with this so he'd just stop it from happening.

"To be completely honest with you sweetheart, we talked for months before they moved in here because you had so badly bullied the poor girl her dad didn't want her living under the same roof as you. I was the one who promised him I'd never let anything happen to her, I certainly hoped you'd become friends but not like this."

I hear her walk towards the hallway so I dive back into the kitchen and flatten myself against the cold tiles of the wall where she can't see me. I watch in the reflection of the microwave as Tara removes her stilettos and walks back to the living room.

"I can't lose him Jayce. After I left your dad I was broken. I had you going off the rails and Milo was still a baby and completely dependent on me. I had no support, no family to help me. I felt completely alone. Then Cole came into my life. He saved me, he made me smile again and feel safe for the first time in my life. He put the shattered pieces of me back together and I wouldn't survive him letting them go again. You have to promise me Jayce that you'll stop, not just for me but for the poor innocent girl that has no idea what she could be getting herself into. Promise me?"

There is a moment of hesitation and I hear Jayce let out a large breath.

"I promise."

My heart falls to my stomach and tears fall from my eyes.

It's over.

I feel a black cloak of darkness wrap itself around me and the room draws cold. I should never have kissed him, should never have let him touch me. It was wrong. It was always going to end up like this.

I feel the tears run from my face to my chest and look down seeing the light red marks that are all that remain from my nails digging in while I had the panic attack. I think to how Jayce held me, how he was the only one who could calm me. I slide down the wall to the floor and the tears pour from me as I realise I shall never feel that sense of relief being in Jayce's arms brings me ever again.

I feel like I have a concussion from the emotional whiplash the events of the last hour have caused.

I hear Tara talk again although it's hard to through the pounding that is forming in my head.

"Thank you, I know one day you will fall in love with the most perfect, beautiful woman and you will understand then how I feel."

I hear Jayce say something under his breath as she walks away but I don't catch it.

I scramble to my feet and go into the pantry so she doesn't see me. I still can't stop the tears. I wait until she goes out the back door and race out.

I see Jayce sitting on the couch with his head in his hands but I don't stop. I make my legs keep moving until I flee to the safety of my room.

I bypass the bed entirely and go into the closet. I bury myself into the corner as much as I can. Knowing now that no-one can hear me I let everything out, allowing myself to completely fall apart.

***************

I sit for what feels like forever, I don't realise how long it's been entirely until I step out of the closet and find it dark in my room. The evening has come and there's been no sign of Jayce.

It's probably a good thing really, I'm not sure I could face him right now anyway.

I go to the bathroom and immediately lock the door to Jayce's side. I don't want him walking in right now.

I splash my face with cold water until the redness dissipates but my eyes are still swollen, I look like I've had an allergic reaction to the heartbreak.

I look at the bath, my mum always said there was nothing that didn't get better after a nice bubble bath but even that seemed like too much effort right now.

I opt for the shower instead in the hopes the water will run away the hurt that seems to surround me. I open the black bottle of Jayce's shower gel and inhale the scent. The tears form again and I turn to face directly into the stream of water and allow it to cleanse me.

Dad shouts up to me for dinner just as I'm getting my pjs on. I was going to skip it entirely and go straight to bed but my stomach started screaming at me as I remember I hadn't had anything but half a pop tart since breakfast.

I threw on a tank top over my pyjama shorts. It didn't really matter what I looked like, it's not like I needed to impress anyone anymore. I sat for a moment. I know I need to face them at some point.

I get to the kitchen. Tara has made a tomato and mozzarella pasta bake with garlic bread and a large bowl of salad.

I see Milo, Dad and Tara ready to tuck in but there's only one more place set, no sign of Jayce anywhere.

Tara must have read my mind. "Jayce is out with Chad so it's just the four of us for dinner sweetheart. The whole meal is vegetarian, I got the recipe from the hippy girl at work." She was so happy with her efforts and I really appreciated it.

I sat down next to Milo and ruffled his hair. He looked up at me smiling, the remnants of my stolen pop tart still in the corner of his mouth.

I helped myself to a big portion of pasta. I put it to my mouth and it was delicious.

"This is really good." I blurted out whilst shovelling more into my mouth. Tara beamed with pride.

"Thanks! I think so too. Maybe we should try do this once a week? All eat a vegetarian meal together? I'm sure the nice girl with the dreadlocks has loads more dishes she could teach me."

I nod as I can't do anything else with my mouth full of food.

"What about for Friday honey? Do you want anything special? I usually just do your basic chips and dips for those kinds of parties but I can get you something else in if you want?"
I look at her with no idea what she's talking about.

"Do you mean Saturday? I thought the engagement party was a sit down meal?"

Tara's fist lightly hits the table.

"That little basta-" She cuts herself off when she remembers Milo is in the room. Dad seems to find her sudden outburst comical but covers his laugh with a cough and pretends like he's choking on a piece of bread.

Tara returns to her usual cool and calm composure.

"Jayce is having a party here Friday night. Milo needs one last scan to check his recovery but there's a three month wait in all the local hospitals so we need to take him to all the way to Newland. Jayce knows I hate being here for his parties so it felt like the perfect opportunity to let you guys blow off some steam while we stay at a hotel close to the hospital. I told him he had to invite you and your friends but apparently his head holds my words like a strainer holds water!"

Jayce hadn't said anything to me. We'd spent so much time over the last few days not talking I wonder if it just slipped his mind or if he was purposefully leaving me out. I decide to give him the benefit of the doubt.

"Oh the party! He did tell me, sorry I completely forgot. No you don't need to get me anything special but if you do go to the grocery store could you get some more Pop Tarts?"

Milos head shot up at the words. "Split them with me?" he grinned.

I smiled at his big brown puppy dog eyes.

"Always."

Dont forget to vote and comment beauts! ❤
If you would like to know about new chapter releases/ new book plans or generally have a chat about this story follow me on Instagram @MonroeThirty

Seguir leyendo

También te gustarán

172K 3.1K 38
[ 𝐂𝐎𝐌𝐏𝐋𝐄𝐓𝐄 ] BOOK TWO IN THE FORBIDDEN FICTION SERIES. In which a very innocent girl falls in love with two forbidden men. Her step father's...
39.5K 307 8
Taboo is a story that's already published. I'll be sharing the first eight chapters here as a sample. If you'd like to read this story in full, it's...
3.1M 65.3K 200
Please follow me on ink itt and begin reading my books on there, these ones will be deleted soon. Many of my stories are free to read on there. All m...
1.3M 20.5K 42
𝐈𝐧 𝐰𝐡𝐢𝐜𝐡 𝐧𝐢𝐧𝐞𝐭𝐞𝐞𝐧 𝐲𝐞𝐚𝐫 𝐨𝐥𝐝 𝐀𝐫𝐢𝐞𝐥 𝐑𝐨𝐦𝐞𝐫𝐨 𝐬𝐞𝐝𝐮𝐜𝐞𝐬 𝐡𝐞𝐫 𝐦𝐨𝐦𝐬 𝐧𝐞𝐰 𝐟𝐢𝐚𝐧𝐜𝐞 𝐃𝐚𝐫𝐢𝐨 𝐀𝐦𝐨𝐫𝐞𝐭𝐭...