The Boy With the Black Hair

De OneSmallWorld

Highest ranking: #64 in badboygoodgirl "Protect her, fight for her, love her, kiss her, but don't make her fa... Mai multe

Chapter 1 |Sweatpants Don't Have Belt Loops|
Chapter 2 |I Now Hate Tea|
Chapter 3 |Dinner isn't Right Without a Side of Awkward|
Chapter 4 |It Would've Been Sweet if it Wasn't You|
Chapter 5 |Almost Perfect....if it wasn't so Akward|
Chapter 6 |To Close for Comfort|
Chapter 7 |A Date with Destiny|
Chapter 9 |this.|
Chapter 10 |The Painful Chapter|
Chapter 11 |20 Stitches and a Hospital Room|
Chapter 12 |Setting You Free|
Chapter 13|Almost Something|
Chapter 14 |Just Like Fire|
Chapter 15 |It's Too Late To Apologize|
Chapter 16 |Burn|
Chapter 17 |A Lifetime and a Day Later|
Chapter 18|I Now Confess All My Sins|
Chapter 19 |The Phone Rings|
Chapter 20|It's A Very Good Place to Start|
Chapter 21 |Before the Brown Eyed Girl|
Chapter 22 |Before the Brown Eyed Girl Part 2|
Character List
Sneak Peek ;)

Chapter 8 |53¢|

5.1K 141 31
De OneSmallWorld

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Landon's outfit-->

Warning❗️: not edited

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Ow" I yelped as Ally pulled at my hair. As she says: Beauty hurts.

"One. More." I felt one last final tug. The worst by far. "Well at least I finished your hair. Now for your makeup...."

I groaned.

😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂

30 minutes of pain and torture ended in shock. I didn't recognize the girl in the mirror. I mean, she looked like me, but a more sophisticated version.

"Wow." I breathed the words out, unwilling to admit that it was my eyes and my cheeks and my lips and my face looking back at me.

"I'm proud of my work. I suppose you are finished." Ally smirked smugly.

"Ally... You're a miracle worker."

"Well, it takes a miracle to calm that hair of yours. Yikes." She flinched mockingly.

"Yeah yeah yeah." I flicked my hand at her, still looking at the creature in the mirror.

"Good job Ally. I think she's an improvement." I gasped at the voice and spun around.

"STOP. JUMPING. THROUGH. MY. WINDOW." I screeched at the smirking Gage standing before me.

"Hey. I was complementing you!" Gage argued defensively.

"Saying I'm an IMPROVEMENT is NOT a complement!" I snapped pushing him towards the window.

Suddenly the doorbell rang and I heard my mom head to go get it. Oh no.

"Please, just behave. If my mom asked how you got here, say that you're a friend who came over to help study or help me get ready or whatever, but don't say anything mortifying please!" I begged Gage.

He cocked an eyebrow. Something I never seemed to be able to do. "Only on one condition."

I groaned "Fine. What is it?"

"YOU have to help ME pass senior AP calculus. You're the only junior that made it into AP calculus 12, much less aced every test."

I groaned again "FINE!!! Now come on!"

I flew out my bedroom door after looking quickly into the mirror for a last minute check, stunned again by the person I saw looking back at me. I shook it off and headed down the stairs.

My mom stood I front of the open door. I slid in behind her, pecking her on the cheek.

"Wow." I heard Heath breathe. I turned in his direction and gave him an adoring once over. He was wearing a white button down shirt half tucked into his black jeans. He wore a brown belt that looked like it didn't belong there. His hair was slicked up into his usual spike.

"Not to bad yourself" I said, surprised that my voice didn't betray me. I felt underdressed. I was wearing a hot pink shirt and a pair of dark blue jeans with pink, stitching. I had a baby blue purse slung over my shoulder and a pair of old fashioned flats. "I'm underdressed."

"No. You're perfect." My mom cleared her throat. I turned and gave her a hug.

Gage and Ally appeared behind her. Gage smiled and laughed. "We did good Ally. We did good."

I rolled my eyes and looked back at Heath who was smiling back at me. "Shall we" I smiled at him.

"We shall." He smiled back. His eyes glimmered and I swear I turned so red the tomatoes would be jealous.

I reached for the handle of the door to the passenger side of his car, but he breath me to it.

"Eh. Eh. Eh." He scolded. "We are on a date. I'm not going to make you open your own door. That would be just rude."

I smiled. "Thanks"

Once we were on the road he kept stealing glances at me "what? Do I have something on my face?" I blurted out when I couldn't stand it any more.

"What? No-I-um- you just look- um ya know- really-um." I blushed and looked away.

"Thank you. You look great too. Even better. So where are we going?" I wondered out loud.

"I'm... Not really sure yet." I laughed at him as he blushed.

His eyes bored straight ahead in shame. "Well, what do you want to do?" I tried to make him feel better.

"Um, well... Hey! There's this new place bowling downtown called The Bowling Date. I've wanted to try it out." His eyes lit up more and more as he said this.

"Sure! Sounds good to me. I mean, I've never been there either so it would be a first for both of us." I smiled at his goofy grin. His eyes no longer left the road.

"You can turn on the radio if you want. Downtown is a half hour drive and I have a problem when it's TOO quite. You know ADHD." He said gesturing toward his head when he said the ADHD part.

"Sure. What station?"

"Whatever you want?" I smiled to myself. We just left the house and he was already being extremely sweet and polite.

I hit the power button on the radio and Style by Taylor Swift blasted through the car.

"Oh. My. God. I LOVE this song" I practically leaped out of my seat. Heath's laugh echoed through the car, his laugh sounded like bells. It was so deep it caused shivers to run down my spine.

"You should sing." I turned abruptly toward him in shock.

"What?" I choked out.

"I mean, you don't have to, but Gage mentioned that you are a really great sing so I just thought well maybe you'd like to sing." He said trying to sooth my shock.

"Only if you sing with me." I plopped back against the leather seat.

"Fine."

I sat up again "What?"

"Takes me home. Lights are off he's takin' of his coat." He sang really loudly. And really off key. However, it was still kinda cute.

"Heath-" I tried to cut in but he kept going and gestured me to join.

I huffed in defeat and we started singing and causing the car to shake, due to our terrible car dancing.

"I say, 'I heard, oh, that you've been out and about with some other girl, some other girl.'

He says, 'What you've heard is true but I

Can't stop thinking about you,' and I...

I said, 'I've been there too a few times.'

'Cause you got that James Dean daydream look in your eye

And I got that red lip classic thing that you like

And when we go crashing down, we come back every time

'Cause we never go out of style

We never go out of style

You got that long hair, slicked back, white t-shirt

And I got that good girl faith and a tight little skirt

And when we go crashing down, we come back every time

'Cause we never go out of style

We never go out of style

Take me home

Just take me home, yeah.

Just take me home

(out of style)

You got that James Dean daydream look in your eye

And I got that red lip classic thing that you like

And when we go crashing down, we come back every time

'Cause we never go out of style

We never go out of style"

We burst into a fit of uncontrollable giggles. The rest of the car ride went pretty much the same. We listened to about six different songs. Just the car ride was a blast.

Next thing I new, we were driving into The Bowling Date parking lot and Heath was helping me out of the car due to my immense amount of giggling.

"Okay Landon. Breathe." He said yet he was obviously trying not to laugh himself.

"I'm calm. Perfectly calm." I said. I had ceased to giggle, but I couldn't stop smiling. I was having a blast and the date hadn't even really started yet.

We walked in and up to the shoe counter. A guy walked up and gave me a once over. He grinned and leaned over the counter.

"And what can I get you?" He said looking at me.

"Shoes." Heath slapped a twenty on the counter "I'm a size 12. Lanny?" He looked at me winking.

I smiled up at Heath. "6"

"Oooo. Baby feet." I socked his shoulder.

"Quit it." I laughed.

"Hey!" He put his hands up in surrender "I think it's cute."

The shoes clicked as they fell on the counter.

"How long our you bowling." The guy asked no longer seeming interested. Good. I WAS on a date after all."

"Hour?" He looked at me.

"Sounds good. My curfew is midnight, so we have time." I glanced at the clock to make sure. Yup. 9:30.

"Okay then. An hour" he said turning toward the guy.

"$27.53. Pop and pizza included." Heath slid a ten to join the twenty.

"Hey! At least let me pay a little." I argued.

"Fine. You owe me 53 cents."  He smirked at me as I pouted. Heath grabbed my hand and pulled me behind him to an empty table so we could change into our bowling shoes.

He looked up at me and smirked yet again. "Stop it!"

"What?" Heath asked defensively.

"Making that face!"

"What this?" He puffed his cheeks out and crossed his eyes.

I laughed and shoved him. "Oh shut up."

"As you wish." He gave me a mocking bow and I slapped his shoulder in return.

"So Landon." He started as we headed over to the ball rack.

"Mmm?" I replied looking for the right weight ball, I picked up a 13 and I almost dropped it. Heath caught it and my hands just before It crushed my toes. "Thanks."

"Don't mention it. But, I'm going to ask you questions now and then I will answer my question and you can have a turn asking a question then so forth."

"Okay." I said. Floating with the tide "shoot."

"Who is your biggest inspiration in life?" He asked.

"Oh that's easy. My 3rd grade music teacher. She pushed me so hard, but she was CRUEL about it. Now you."

"Tim Tebow." He said without hesitating, "he's famous, but he hasn't lost his Christian morals."

"Oh. Deep." I teased him. Taking a sip of my DP. "My turn. What kinds of things really make you laugh?"

"Well, I would say everything, but that's inaccurate. I guess when people are so cute it makes me nervous to be around them cause I might goof off." He laughed. "Like being around you." I blushed immensely.

I went to roll my first bowl in 7 years. Gutter ball. "Oops? I guess if you don't bowl since you're 9 you're a little rusty."

"Here." He grabbed my elbow and my waist and guided me. Gutter ball.

"I'm just not good." I handed him the ball. Looking at the floor embarrassed.

"Try again." He urged pushing the ball back in my hands. "Here watch me." He grabbed his ball and rolled. Strike. My mouth fell open.

"So not fair." I groaned.

He smiled patiently at me. "Here. Let's give it another go."

🔙🔛🔜🔙🔛🔜🔙🔛🔜🔙🔛🔜

So I updated. And ya'll didn't have to wait FOREVER! What's 4 days! Pssshhh! Made it extra long (ish) to make up for the last short chapter. Most of the chapter was the car ride 😂. You all are probably REALLY mad at me and then you hate me even more when I get even FURTHER in the story. I have this all planned out, you are ALL going to think I'm evil, ❤️ love you all 😘!!!

This chapter is dedicated to Kryll_Gwyn because she was my 470th follower. Never thought I'd get this far. Even though it's really not very popular, I want to thank you all for NOT bashing my story to a major degree, and for just reading it in general. It means more to me than you will ever know. You guys are the only reason I keep writing and posting stories. If I didn't have so much support, I probably wouldn't be writing at all or taking the time out of my sometimes busy schedule so I can write. I really appreciate it a ton.

So ya that's that <3 ya all and have a great day/week/year/month.

Byeeeeeee!!!

Song: First Date

By: Blink-182

Reaction: Don't judge. I needed inspiration......

Continuă lectura

O să-ți placă și

471K 11.2K 43
Braeden Colt was raised with a gang leader called Rocco since her parents died when she was young. Everyone at school is scared of her, god, even the...
22.9K 5.1K 84
Highest rank 1# in Chicklit 10/05/18 |Book 1 of sequel NO| Trailer inside! Emma Skys has had a traumatic experience, and when the whole school finds...
82.8K 1.2K 31
Enemies to lovers❤️ Imagine if your worst enemy would move in RIGHT NEXT TO YOUR HOUSE? This book about Grayson and Isabella will tell you how she ex...
1.9K 41 24
Grayson Leech, 17 y.o - a young independent good looking guy. He along with his 3 friends are the school bad boys, popular, they stick together like...