same as in the past

By scthompson

Angeline Beaufort and Klay Thompson dated when they were young, but Angeline had to return to her hometown, P... More

1. the new girl
2.the game
3. I hate goodbyes
4. apparently time has passed
5. I thought I would never see her again
6. do you want to like, hang out?
7. the date
9. do we go to the curry house???
10.I want spend all the time with u
11. u and me under of the moonlight
12. acting work
13. Can we talk?
14. Paris is the city of love, isn't it?
15. I hurt myself
16.The night of gala
17. What are you afraid of?
18. wedding plans
19. Moons
20. the beginning of a new chapter
21. epilogue

8. Independence Day

323 6 0
By scthompson

  It had been two days since Klay and Angel had left, and it was also the second day of exams at the college, which left the girl completely swamped with things.

 Milena usually didn't stay home much, she was either working or at Kyle's house.

 The two of them were having an affair, when asked about dating they quickly disagreed, meaning they were happy with their no-strings-attached fling.

 Oh, speaking of them. Angel was in his room studying, when he heard the doorbell ring. It was strange that the bell rang at this hour, because Milena was working.

 The girl took her workbooks off the bed and walked to the door, opening it to find a delivery man.

-Is Milena there? -The red-haired boy asked.

-I'm sorry, but she's working.

-Do you live here?

Angel nodded.

-Yes I do.

-Great, then sign here. -The young man hands Angel a pen and paper, and she signs. -Thank you.

-Thank you. -She takes the flowers and closes the door.

 She looks for an empty place to put the flowers and when she finds it, she notices that there is a card.

 She could leave it for Milena, since the flowers were for her, but her curiosity was greater than anything.

 If she didn't look at the card she probably wouldn't have the laughing fit she was having. The reason for the girl's laughter was what was written in the note.

"thank you for the fuck yesterday" 

 Angel was red and almost running out of air when the door opened and the image of Milena appeared.

-What is it? 

-Look at this. -The sentence almost didn't come out because of her laughter.

-Are you crazy? -Milena laughs a little and comes close to her.

 Angel hands the card to the girl, who doesn't know whether to laugh or be shocked.

-What the fuck is this? -Now both of them are laughing.

-I'm going to faint from laughing so hard. -Tears run down the corner of her eye at this.

-Did he really do that?

-He did.

 The two stayed for another five minutes laughing at that, Milena going to thank him for the unusual gift, and Angel went back to writing.

 Beaufort felt like her head would explode if she read one more paragraph, so she closed the workbook and went to get her cell phone, seeing a message notification from Klay.

 Angel and Klay were now talking by text message, after the girl had passed the number to him. Her friends thought it was crazy that the girl had Klay Thompson's number, but to her it was normal, sometimes she even forgot that he was famous.

 Klay <3

ei, só passando pra lembrar da festa no sábado. Não esquece ;)

oi klay,

pode deixar hahaa, te encontro lá :)

-Speaking to her boyfriend? -Milena enters the room and Angel freaks out a little.

-He's not my boyfriend.

-Are you sure? Because I didn't even mention any names and you thought of him. -She laughs a little.

-You have a point. -Angel laughs back. -But anyway, he called us to the 4th of July party.

-Hey? Klay Thompson called us to a party? -She practically screams in shock.

-Yes.

-Did I mention that I love you for having an affair with a famous guy?

-Really? -Ang tries to talk angry but ends up laughing.

-Joking, but who's going to this party?

-I don't know, I think the whole team.

-Oh my God, I'm going to see Stephen Curry????

-Probably.

-I'm going to die when I see that guy, have you seen how hot he is?

-Jesus. -Angel rolls his eyes and laughs. -Call the boys.

-I will.

 The last week had been very busy, the team had won most of the games, which made Klay happy.

 But that wasn't the only reason for his happiness, after all, he was talking most of the time with Angel.

 The Saturday of July 4th had already started hectic, as the party was at the boy's house, he had to solve everything, where each thing was going to go, where the drinks were going to stay and things like that.

-Hey Klay, want some help? -Jordan, Golden's new hire asked, sitting down next to the boy.

-Hey JP, thanks, but it's okay. If you want to go home and get ready, be my guest.

-Okay.

 Klay takes advantage of the boy's departure so that he too, change and shower. Nothing much, white pants and white blouse. It was kind of standard to dress in white, so that the only color was the fireworks.

 The party started at two o'clock in the afternoon, but people started arriving a little earlier. Stephen and Ayesha arrived a little later, as they were dropping the children off with their grandfather.

-Is your girlfriend coming?

-She's not my girlfriend. -He laughs weakly. -But yes, she is coming.

-See if you kiss her today.

-I don't know, I don't want to rush things.

-If you don't hurry she'll give up. -He speaks and laughs weakly. -I'm going to go talk to Juan.

 Klay laughs a little and drinks the beer in his glass. Thompson spots Angel arriving in front of the house. The world literally must stop when she arrives, because Klay only focuses on her, and nothing else.

 He sees one more girl and two boys who look a bit like each other arriving together. Beaufort smiles when she sees the boy, but she just stands there instead of talking to him.

-Close your mouth so you don't drool. -Jordan arrives beside him.

-I'm normal.

-I see. Who is next to your friend?

-I don't know, why?

-I think she's pretty. -Jordan laughs and leaves.

 Klay hesitates a little to get close to the girl, but takes a deep breath and builds up the courage to go talk to her.

 Angel is dressed in a white dress with a black and white Jordan on her foot, completely the most beautiful woman in the world.

-Hi. -She smiles and hugs the boy.

-Hey, you look beautiful. -He speaks nervously.

-Thank you, you too. -She smiles. -This is my friend, Milena, and this is Kyle and Alex.

-It's nice to meet you. -He nods, smiling. -I need to talk to someone over there, if you'll excuse me. I'll be right back.

 Klay could talk for hours with Angel, but he had to go talk to the coach.

 After some time talking, the girl had disappeared from sight, probably dancing.

 Klay took the opportunity to drink a little, to see if he could work up the courage.

[Put Heartburn -Wafia to play on repeat ]

 The music was so loud that it was almost impossible to hear people's voices. Angel was dancing to the rhythm of the music, an act that almost killed Klay, but the boy got close to the girl anyway.

-Hi. -He tried to speak a little louder.

-I'm sorry, I can't hear you. -The girl stood on her tiptoes to reach the boy's ear.

-It's okay, I don't want to talk.

 Angel might have thought it was an out, if it wasn't for Klay's hands going around her waist as he moved to the rhythm of the music. They simply forgot that there were other people there and even paparazzi who would post her picture anywhere on the Internet.

 All that mattered was the two of them, there, alone, and dancing.

 Klay had had too much alcohol to just stand there dancing. His hands went from her waist to her cheek, Angel didn't know what Klay was going to do, but he was enjoying the moment and wanted to enjoy every second of it.

 Klay asked the girl if everything was alright, but the music was so loud that she just nodded. With one hand on her cheek and the other on her waist, Thompson broke the space between their two bodies, bringing their mouths together.

 It was as if Beaufort was in heaven, or dead, because her eyes were creating stars in the darkness. It had been a while since she had kissed Klay, she couldn't remember what it felt like, but one thing she knew, it was just as incredible as before.

 Klay's tongue was fighting for space with Angel's, until the two were in perfect sync. Klay squeezed the girl's waist a little tighter, which made Angel's breathing quicken a little. They stayed in the same world, there, kissing, until the music stopped and a new lively one started, which made the two of them separate.

 Gasping and with their mouths red and a little wet, with a smile on their faces. Not once did they look away.

[You can change the music]

-I finally found you. -Juan arrived with his girlfriend. -This is Sara, my girlfriend.

 The boy introduced the blue-haired girl to everyone, who smiled.

-So, Klay, sorry to disturb your moment, but the fireworks are about to start and we need the key to get them.

-Oh, sure. Here you go. -He takes the key from his pocket and hands it to Juan.

-Thank you, see you.

-Thanks, see you. -Goodbye guys. -The two smile and walk towards the fireworks.

-Let's go up there, the view of the fireworks is better. -Thompson held out his hand to the girl.

 She didn't say anything, just smiled and held his hand, heading towards the top floor.

 The view was probably the most incredible thing Angel had ever seen in her life. San Francisco was seen from every possible angle, and the bridge glowed in the lights the color of the flag.

 Klay hugged Angel, sitting on the carpet in their room as they waited for the fireworks to start.

 Before long the sky was lit up with colorful fireworks, and it filled Angel's eyes with sparkles. Well, that and the incredible sight of Klay Thompson beside her.

 The boy held the girl's hand and kept playing with his fingers, running them across her palm.

-Happy 4th of July. -Klay turned to her and smiled.

-Happy 4th of July. -She returned the smile and approached the boy, kissing him once more.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

55.7K 939 35
Amari hates Stephen from something that happened a while ago but then gets stuck in a publicity stunt to help her career. Find out what happens when...
207K 5.2K 62
Karina Singh. She's a normal 23 year old. She has a job and she's in school. Karina's all about family and making her dreams come true. Klay Thompso...
11.2K 145 35
Their both 26 years old and they don't know each other but they still see each other around. Blue Thompson is Klay Thompson's sister and he is super...
187K 3.5K 39
This is a story about two girls who get to meet their favorite NBA players,Stephen Curry and Klay Thompson. Stephan Curry just got out of a divorce...