Calypso and the Moon

By tearsonmytshirt

Calypso is a kind and happy girl, manoeuvring through life on her own accord. Having started a band with her... More

π™Έπ™½πšƒπšπ™Ύπ™³πš„π™²πšƒπ™Έπ™Ύπ™½
Beginnings.
Nostalgia.
Whiskey.
Sling.
Ice-cream.
Ramen.
Insomnia.
Paws.
Lucas.
Dudley Inc.
Vodka.
Birthdays.
Apologies.
Inlove.
Silver.
Dresses.
Confessions.
Promises.
Jail.
Evidence.
The Motion.
Adelaide.
Interruptions.
Knees.
Picnics.
Parties and Heartbreak.
Acceptance.
Painting.
Best friends.
Cookies.
Endings.
epilogue.
an

Cherry Tomatoes.

734 27 6
By tearsonmytshirt

Her father stood infront of her, smiling widely and with paper bags in his hands. His greying beard was shaven completely, making him look younger.

"I brought ya dinner, kid,"

Calypso leaned back, looking at the clock ext to her door. "It's five in the afternoon, pa. I eat dinner at eight,"

The man shrugged, and pushed past her. Calypso's heart shuddered against her ribs as she closed the door behind her. The man stood still then, frowning at the blazer that layed on the couch. Calypso stayed silent, chewing on her bottom lip.

"What's that?" He asked, pointing to it. He walked with the bags in his hands to the kitchen and put them on her island. He frowned again, and pointed to the ashtray. "Didn't know you started again,"

"That's mine, actually,"

Calypso and her father both spun around, and she felt her heart drop to her feet. James walked out, dress pants being the only thing covering his body. His hair was tucked behind his ears as it usually was.

Her father tilted his head, and accepted James' extended hand without a word, "James Dudley,"

"I know who you are,"

Calypso deadpanned. She watched James smile at her father, and his eyes trailed over his body, skeptically.

"James, this is my dad, Frank,"

James nodded slowly, "Pleased to meet you," He said kindly. Frank raised a curious brow, "Ditto, James," Her dad stuffed his hands in his pockets, and looked at the girl with wide eyes. James did the same, his hands tucked into his pockets and looked at Calypso.

She swallowed, "Uh-"

"Weren't you on trial today?"

Calypso swallowed a groan. James laughed softly, nodding, "Sure was," Frank nodded, "Yeah, and who was your lawyer?"

Calypso's eyes shut for a moment, and then she inhaled deeply, "All right, enough with the introductions." James bit the inside of his cheek, ridding his lips from pulling into an amused smile. Calypso clasped her hands together as silence wafted in the air, and Frank shifted uncomfortably.

"Dad, mind getting the plates?"

Her daddy nodded and turned on his heel, and Calypso grabbed James' wrist, pulling him behind her into her bedroom. James smiled at her, amused.

"Oh, my god. This is fucking horrible," She whispered as James shut the door. "Why?" She groaned softly, her head galling into her hands, "You weren't supposed to meet him!" She whisper-yelled between her parted fingers.

James rolled his eyes, "Listen, it's okay, baby. I'll be nice," She took his en tended hands, gripping them tightly, "I know! It's him I'm worried about,"

James shrugged his broad shoulders, "I need my shirt," He then said, his lips pulling into a smirk. She tsked, and quickly worked to unbutton it. She turned and slipped a white band t-shirt on. She bended and groaned when she saw herself in the mirror. Her hair was messy and standing everywhere, black mascara stains under her eyes and a little on her flushed cheeks.

After James shrugged on his shirt, he pressed a kiss to her temple and a tap on her ass, and left her bedroom.

She cleaned herself up faster than she ever has, and she looked at the mirror, sparing herself a satisfied nod and walked to her living room.

James and Frank were sat infront of the TV, half-full wine glasses on the coffee table infront of them. Calypso frowned, then looked at the TV. They were watching a football match, and she rolled her eyes, and passed by them to her kitchen.

"Cal?" Her dad called from the couch and she turned on her heel, peaking her head around the corner. He spoke with his eyes glued to the TV, "You wanna warm up the food?" She narrowed her eyes, "I need help then,"

"Why do you need help warming up food?"

She raised her brow at James, and smiled when he quickly caught on. He stood from the couch and walked into the kitchen, wine glass in hand. She spotted it, then quickly grabbed it from his hands.

"Thanks," She muttered, and quickly downed the glass. She wiped her mouth with the back of her hand and James smiled at her, his eyebrows raised in surprise. She passed him a bag, and began unpacking her own. James copied her, taking boxes of Chinese food from the bags.

The two were silent, purely just trying to make everything as perfect as possible for her dad. James passed behind Calypso, pressing a quick kiss to her cheek. She blushed hard, her entire body warming at the little action. She watched him work, scooping food onto the white plates. He worked carefully, something she thought he was incapable of.

The two didn't notice her father standing in the doorway, watching them be around eachother. Calypso's eyes brightened every time she looked at James, and James' eyes followed hers, brightening.

It was like a string were connecting the two, a red, short string. They spared eachother glances every few seconds, watching eachother just be.

Calypso then looked up and saw her dad, smiling widely at him. She popped a cherry tomato in her mouth and chewed on it, wiggling her brows at her dad. James watched her, his lips pulling up into a wide grin. His heart fluttered as he watched his angel, the way she stuck her tongue out at her dad, the way she wiggled her perfectly shaped brows at him.

"So, James. Tell me somethin' about ya,"

He swallowed, "Well-" Her dad interrupted him curtly, "No surface level shit, tell me something you'd never tell anyone," James chuckled softly, "Well, uh- fuck, I can't think of anything," The three people laughed, and her dad found his seat on one of the barstools.

"Well, let me tell you something about Calypso,"

"Pa, please don't,"

"She failed her driving test twice, and the one she's using now is fake, and I had to pay for it,"

Calypso's eyes rolled hard, and she covered her face with her hands, her embarrassment making her face glow red. James laughed, his eyes twinkling. He popped a cherry tomato in his own mouth, and smiled at his girl while he chewed on it.

"And she broke her arm falling off the bed when she was fifteen,"

"Pa, I'm going to kill you,"

Both men broke out into loud laughs, and she tsked, her humiliation clear on her face. "That's endearing. Definitely something only Calypso could do,"

"James, you broke your arm riding a bike when you were twenty-six,"

His eyes narrowed, "Who told you that?" Calypso grinned widely, "Adam has a big mouth, baby," James rolled his eyes, and picked up a tomato. He effortlessly chucked it at her, and it hit her straight in the nose.

She gasped as it splattered on her face, and she had never seen her father laugh that hard. He clutched his stomach, leaning back. James eyes were squeezed shut, his own head thrown back as his body racked with laughter.

She frowned, "I hate both of you," Before she could grab the napkins, James had beat her to it. He round the counter, still laughing softly at her state. Tomato seeds dripped on her shirt, and a few had splattered into her hair.

He bended down till he was at her height, and with his large hands, he gently wiped the tomato seeds and juice off her face. She couldn't help the smile that bled through her lips, and she watched him with wide eyes.

His blue eyes watched in concentration, eyebrows furrowing slightly. She felt her chest clench at the man. She swallowed, and looked up at him as he stood to his height again.

"There," He smiled, and Calypso smiled back. James leaned down again, pressing a kiss to her nose. He chucked the napkins in the trash behind her, and she turned, her eyes glued to her putting food onto the plate.

The two men spoke about football for the rest of her preparations, and she tuned them out before they even started. She put the plate infront of her dad, and he said, "Thank ya, pumpkin," She smiled widely at the use of her childhood pet name.

She put James plate infront of him, and he smiled widely up at her, "Thank you, honey," She shot him a wide grin back.

She looked at the two men, and realised just how much she loved each of them. Her dad was her person, the one she aways went to when things got a little bit too hard. And now that James was here, she'd have to persons.

They spoke about work and football some more, and her eyes were completely glued to James the entire time. Memorising how his lips moved when he spoke, what he looked like when he laughed, when he was surprised or intrigued by something.

Calypso put her plate in the sink, and then her father's followed. She scrubbed then clean, her mind wandering to whatever she could think of. Then, a pair of large, warm hands gripped her waist, and they snaked around it. James let his face fall in the crook of her neck, he moved the hair from the space, and pressed a kiss to where her neck connected with her shoulder.

Her skin burned with his touch, blue and bright. She smiled, "You okay?" James only hummed against her skin. "Where's pa?" She asked and felt James smile against her. "Bathroom," He mumbled. He rocked them slightly, side to side. His body completely swallowed her up, and she was sure that was her favourite thing about James.

"I'm off, kiddos," Came from the doorway, and both of them turned around. Calypso dried her hands on a towel that hung next to the sink. She frowned, "So soon?" Frank nodded, yawning, "Yeah, got work tomorrow,"

"Want me to drive? I gotta go too,"

Calypso spun around, her frown only deepening. She narrowed her green eyes at James, "Want me to stay?" She nodded quickly and James smirked.

"I'm good, James. I'm old but not that old,"

Calypso laughed softly, and walked to her dad. She hugged him tightly, muttering a "I love you, pa," To him. James shook his hand, receiving a, "You're not that bad, James. Keep it up," To him. James only smiled, and laughed softly.

Calypso looked out the window at her dad driving away, her bottom lip pulled between her teeth. She fed her dogs after she made sure he was off safely. She put them to bed, kissing them on both their heads.

James watched her do all this, his infatuation with her doubling. She spoke to her dogs like they were human, asking them how their day was and apologizing that she couldn't spend more time with him. His heart swelled at the girl, the need to protect her never went away, and he knew it wasn't going to.

"You wanna go shower first or-"

"Why can't we go together?"

Calypso smiled at him, waiting for his answer. His lips parted, and slowly pulled up into a smirk, "Just shower," She added, knowing full well what he was thinking.

And so, Calypso put on an ABBA record on her record player, gave James an oversized "Calypso and The Dreamers" t-shirt and a pair of oversized sweatpants she wore when she was off from work. He narrowed his eyes, and threw them back at her at first, but when she promised him that she'd make coffee tomorrow, he reluctantly agreed.

Their shower together was filled with laughter, and some touching from James, but mostly laughter. Calypso and James had never laughed that hard, and it was at nothing. They laughed while they got dressed, laughed when they smoked on her fire escape.

And now the sun and the moon were in her bed, both reading. Calypso layed on her stomach, her feet swaying in the air. James was on his back, large hands gripping the book tightly.

Not a word was spoken, they didn't need to speak. They had eachother breathing and presense and that was enough for them.

And when green and blue eyes met and they watched eachother, they felt eachother's souls awaken with love. And they smiled, and the sun and the moon fell inlove all over again. They never stopped loving eachother, they merely forgot that they did.

And at the end of the day, they were where they were supposed to be; holding the other. Green and blue, kind and sociopathic, they melted together once again.

And the moons demons were silenced by the sun's laughs and smiles, by her hair and her hands, and the sun's sadness was washed away by blue oceans.

And the sun and the moon fell asleep, hearts syncing into one, demons silenced and wilted flowers watered.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

65.5K 5.7K 76
WARNING!!! THIS STORY IS RATED FOR MATURED AUDIENCE AS IT CONTAINS HOT SEX SCENES, SWEARING, DEPRESSION, VIOLENCE. __________________________________...
19.7K 556 45
The story of "TAEHYUNG" who is the CEO of a huge company has immense wealth but an accident in which he loses his pregnant wife in a road accident c...
55.9K 3.1K 33
Shin Y/n who faces troubles in her life meet a young, rich and cold heart Ceo of big company named Kim Minji through Sugar Book apps. She became the...
7.3K 637 37
⚠️ Warning for foul language usage ⚠️ Warning for triggers {PREVIOUSLY KNOWN AS "DON'T BELONG"} [Started- May, 25th, 2022] [Ended- July, 20th, 2022] ...