PROMPTS

Par musingsbymaia

A collection of short stories or one-shots on RiRi/Dooly/BinJin. FICTION. Photos are not mine. Plus

Guardians
Guardians - 2
Guardians - 3
Guardians - End
Elf
Stranger in my Bed - 1
Stranger in my Bed - 2
Stranger in my Bed - 3
Stranger in my Bed - 4
Stranger in my Bed - 5
Stranger in my Bed - 6
Stranger in my Bed - 7
Stranger in my Bed - 8
Stranger in my Bed - 9
Stranger in my Bed - 10
Stranger in my Bed - End
...
Coffee Lover - 1
Coffee Lover - 2
Coffee Lover - 3
Coffee Lover - 4
Coffee Lover - 5
Coffee Lover - 6
Coffee Lover - 7
Coffee Lover - 8
Coffee Lover - 9
Coffee Lover - End
Bad Omens - 1
Bad Omens - 2
Bad Omens - 3
Bad Omens - 4
Bad Omens - 5
Bad Omens - 6
Bad Omens - 7
Bad Omens - 8
Bad Omens - 9
Bad Omens - 10
Bad Omens - End
Of Mergers and Marriages - 1
Of Mergers and Marriages - 2
Of Mergers and Marriages - 3
Of Mergers and Marriages - 4
Of Mergers and Marriages - 5
Of Mergers and Marriages - 6
Of Mergers and Marriages - 7
Of Mergers and Marriages - 8
Of Mergers and Marriages - 10
Of Mergers and Marriages - 11
Of Mergers and Marriages - 12
Of Mergers and Marriages - 13
Of Mergers and Marriages - 14
Of Mergers and Marriages - 15
Of Mergers and Marriages - 16
Of Mergers and Marriages - 17
Of Mergers and Marriages - 18
Of Mergers and Marriages - 19
Of Mergers and Marriages - End
Of Mergers and Marriages - Epilogue
Dae-sik x Cha Mi-jo
Dae-Sik x Cha Mi-jo (2)
Dae-Sik x Cha Mi-jo (3)
Dae-Sik x Cha Mi-jo (4)
Dae-Sik x Cha Mi-jo (5)
Dae-Sik x Cha Mi-jo (End)
Eternal (One-shot)
Economics and Mr. Ri (1)
Economics and Mr. Ri (2)
Economics and Mr. Ri (3)
Economics and Mr. Ri (4)
Economics and Mr. Ri (5)
Economics and Mr. Ri (6)
Economics and Mr. Ri (7)
Economics and Mr. Ri (8)
Economics and Mr. Ri (9)
Economics and Mr. Ri (10)
Economics and Mr. Ri (11)
Economics and Mr. Ri (12)
Economics and Mr. Ri (13)
Economics and Mr. Ri (14)
Economics and Mr. Ri (14.5)
Economics and Mr. Ri (The End)
The Pianist
In Pursuit of Happiness
In Pursuit of Happiness - 2
In Pursuit of Happiness - 3
In Pursuit of Happiness - 4
In Pursuit of Happiness - 5
In Pursuit of Happiness - 6
In Pursuit of Happiness - 7
In Pursuit of Happiness - 8
In Pursuit of Happiness - 9
In Pursuit of Happiness - 10
In Pursuit of Happiness - 11
In Pursuit of Happiness - 12
In Pursuit of Happiness - 13
In Pursuit of Happiness - 14
In Pursuit of Happiness - 15
In Pursuit of Happiness - 16
In Pursuit of Happiness - 17
In Pursuit of Happiness - 18
In Pursuit of Happiness - 19
In Pursuit of Happiness - 20
In Pursuit of Happiness - 21
In Pursuit of Happiness - 22
In Pursuit of Happiness - 23
THE End - Happiness
Special Chapter - The Honeymoon
Epilogue - Through Hoon's Eyes
Hands
Appa
In good times and in bad
Mission: Impossible
Runaway
I would runaway with you
I Was Born to Love You

Of Mergers and Marriages - 9

1.3K 144 77
Par musingsbymaia

A/N: Did the previous chapter give you a headache? Haha! I kinda needed a break so I cut the update in two! Here's our second one for the day! Less pictures of sequins, I promise!

I'm so happy for everyone who got see the fan meet today! Hyun Bin is sooo good looking. Happy Sunday everyone! Stay safe and happy!

---

"Hello, Wife!"

Kim Joo Won reached where Yoon Se-Ri stood at the end of the carpet and grinned at her, while her jaw still agape at the entrance he just pulled off.

"What the hell?!" Yoon Se-Ri hissed at him.

"What?! I didn't wear a gold suit that was filled with sequins UNLIKE SOMEONE I KNOW," he said as he stared at her from head to toe.

The reversal of the situation was not lost on Se-Ri and she found her mouth twitching in an attempt to control the laughter that was bubbling up in her.

"You didn't say I couldn't have an entourage of sequinned people," he continued, pointing out that he had followed their agreement. Looking at her once more, and noting the diamond drop earrings she wore, he teased, "No bib for tonight, huh? But, I see that your rapper style is still present?"

Se-Ri pouted. "They fit the outfit!" she defended.

Kim Joo Won faced forward, waiting for their cue to enter. "I know. You're actually the most beautiful 90's rapper I've ever seen."

"I...uh... well..." was all Se-Ri could say.

"Ms. Yoon, Mr. Kim, this way," the event planner said, ushering them inside. Shortly after, an announcer called out, "Let us welcome our recently engaged couple, Yoon Se-Ri and Kim Joo Won!"

The two of them walked in, side-by-side, to welcome the applause of their guests.

Their fathers, Yoon Kyung-ho and Kim Man-Sok, were the ones who looked thrilled about the whole thing, while the affianced couple watched the ceremonies with little interest. Like they were told, the merger of some of the business arms of the two families were announced that night, specifically those that deal with technology and communications.

Seeing Se-Ri bow her head at this, Joo Won asked quietly, "What's wrong?"

"Nothing," she brushed off. "Part of me wishes they could at least pretend there was something romantic about engagement."

"Sorry," Kim Joo Won said. "Would it help if I looked at you with googly eyes? Because you're so preeetttttyyyyyy."

"Shut up," Se-Ri reprimanded.

"Maybe the photographers can capture my swoon?" he said, then proceeded to bat his eyes at her.

"Stop!" Se-Ri again said, but a smile broke through. "Thank you."

Kim Joo Won dipped his head to acknowledge it before asking, "Do you think we'll be happy?"

She pondered on that thought before she finally said, "I don't know, but I think it will be very entertaining."

"I suspect you will grow to love these shiny things of mine," Kim Joo Won said, motioning to the designs he favoured.

Se-Ri looked doubtful but chose to hold her tongue.

Chairman Yoon stood to make the toast for the couple. "Let us wish my daughter and future son-in-law a good and peaceful marriage."

After the official speeches was the dinner, served by top chefs from the country. Before they could even start though, a woman approached and sought an audience with Kim Joo Won.

Yoon Seul greeted them and asked, "Kim Joo Won-ssi, can we talk?"

Surprised, Kim Joo Won stared at Yoon Seul before he turned to Yoon Se-Ri, "Would you mind?"

Focusing on slicing her steak, Se-Ri gave a brief side glance then said, "I don't care."

To Yoon Seul, he said, "Give me a second." When Yoon Seul left, he whispered to Se-Ri, "You're jealous."

"I'm not!"

Kim Joo Won chuckled. "You are. Don't worry, it's kinda cute," he assured. "Just don't go overboard with it. A key aspect to making a marriage work is trust."

When Se-Ri stared at him with a shocked expression, he laughed out loud. "You don't want to believe I'm reading up on how to make a marriage work?"

"I don't," Se-Ri said.

"I am. I'll lend you my book," he promised. Going back to the topic at hand, "I'll talk to Seul-ssi. She's a friend. But if you want to look jealous for the photographers, go ahead. I'd love to read in the newspapers that my fiancée wants me to focus on her only."

"I'm not jealous. I'm just annoyed that my fiancé will be chatting with another woman on the night of my engagement party," Se-Ri said.

"Why are you annoyed? I gave up a bunch of sequins for you! Doesn't that show you that this engagement matters to me?" Kim Joo Won pointed out.

"I... uh..."

Kim Joo Won grinned. "Wow. The Great Yoon Se-Ri has no comeback? That's new."

Narrowing her eyes, Se-Ri raised a brow and faced him before she offered her threat. "No funny business, Mister, or else I am contacting all the designers I know and will hoard the supply of sequins in this world. You hear?"

"The most horrible threat ever. You should be a negotiator," Kim Joo Won commented. "Fine. I'll be back in a bit. Don't you dare mess with the sequin supply chain or else you are in for the fight of your life. I am including that in our pre-nup."

They glared at each other.

But as Kim Joo Won left his seat, he held a secret smile in his face... similar to the one Se-Ri was trying to hold as she focused on her dinner.

*

"Joo Won-ssi, you know you don't have to do this," Yoon Seul started.

They were standing at a corner of the ballroom where the dinner was held. It was private enough for them to speak but not too secluded that it would send tongues wagging that something inappropriate was going on.

Kim Joo Won stared at the woman who had been a good friend all of these years. People have given him crap about Yoon Seul, but he had always been upfront with her. He liked her and enjoyed the random events that they go to but he didn't see her as anything more than a friend.

He was aware that a few years back, Yoon Seul distanced herself from him in an attempt to get over her feelings for him. When she returned, Kim Joo Won thought that she had gotten over any infatuation she had and they resumed their friendship. However, as the days passed, he realized that there were still lingering feelings there. Even Im Jong-soo pointed it out.

"I'm not being forced into this, Yoon Seul-ssi," Joo Won replied, smiling gently. "I do want to give this a shot."

"Why her? Can't you pick someone nicer?" Yoon Seul asked. "But, of course, it was a choice by your father and not really by you."

"Like I said, I am not forced into this. Don't you remember that I had the biggest crush on her in University?" Kim Joo Won pointed out. Then, sighing, "I understand it must be tough but please don't bad mouth Se-Ri. If you can't appreciate her as a person, please at least respect her as the woman I am going to marry. As your friend, I would like to ask this of you."

Yoon Seul sighed. "Fine. If you ever get divorced... I'm here, you know?"

Kim Joo Won smiled. "You have a good heart, Yoon Seul. I hope you find a good match of your own."

Leaving her, Kim Joo Won rejoined Yoon Se-Ri who was now chatting with Cha Sang-woo, a famous singer who was rumoured to be dating Se-Ri a few months back.

As he walked up to their seats, he gave a look to them. "Hello! You're the singer, right?" Kim Joo Won asked. When Cha Sang-woo nodded, "Do you use sequinned blazers in your concerts?"

Yoon Se-Ri choked at the laugh she tried to suppress.

"I don't believe I have," Cha Sang-woo answered.

"Huh. Curious. I was made to believe that singers use sequinned blazers," Kim Joo Won mused, giving Se-Ri a look.

"Who told you that?" Cha Sang-woo asked, indulging Kim Joo Won in the conversation.

"Some rapper I know," Kim Joo Won replied and Yoon Se-Ri started laughing beside him. "Dying career. Losing money from all the gold chains and chunky diamonds she keeps on purchasing."

Kim Joo Won, seeing that Yoon Se-Ri was genuinely entertained, continued. "I'm thinking of buying one to wear for my wedding. Let me know if you're interested. I'll refer you to an Italian tailor I know."

"I will do that," Cha Sang-woo said. "Well, congratulations to the two of you."

"Thank you," Kim Joo Won said. When he was out of earshot, he whispered, "Why is he invited?"

"I don't know," Yoon Se-Ri replied. "I didn't check the guest list."

"Will he be in the wedding?"

"Do you want him to be?" Se-Ri asked.

Kim Joo Won shrugged. "He could be the wedding singer if he wears the outfit I suggest," Joo Won thought before quickly changing his mind. "Nah, scratch that. He might take the sequinned suit I like."

Se-Ri scoffed. "I don't think it's his style," she commented.

"So, is that your type? Someone who dresses like they could be part of the Men In Black movie?" Kim Joo Won asked.

"Only if it fits them well!" Se-Ri defended.

"Oh, wait, before I forget, I got you a gift." He scanned the venue, "Where are my assistants?"

Se-Ri widened her eyes at him. "How can you not see them?! They're at the table that looks like a disco ball!"

"Oh, right! Wait for me here," Kim Joo Won said, disappearing for a bit to talk to the group he arrived with.

He returned with a couple of boxes. Handing one to Se-Ri, he told her, "A gift for our engagement."

Opening it revealed, what she could best describe as a charm bracelet, but was a necklace. The chunkiest one she had ever seen that she was certain it would give her a pain if she even attempted to wear it.

(fashionista.com)

"Because I believe that even married women should prosper in an entertainment career," he teased, making her snort.

Later on, he told her that the gold was fake and she shouldn't wear it because she might break out in hives. Se-Ri didn't bother to tell him she had no intention of trying it on. Then, just before they parted ways when the party was done, he handed her the other box. "This is my real gift."

She opened the gift when she arrived at her home.

They were still chunky necklaces.

But they were very pretty.

Feeling guilty that she didn't have a gift for him, she called her contact in Europe. She flinched in pain with every word that she said but it had to be done.

"Would you have... any nice sequinned boxer shorts for men? Maybe a gold one?"

To add her horror and discomfort, the contact informed her, "We don't have gold ones. But could I interest you in a red or purple one?"

A few days later, the package arrived at Se-Ri's doorstep.

She scribbled a note for Kim Joo Won.

To show you that I'm trying to be nice. Just... please don't wear this to bed when we marry.

(Amazon.com)

Continuer la Lecture

Vous Aimerez Aussi

10.3M 237K 39
they met at therapy; therapy for sex addicts. (cover by elle)
17.6M 514K 45
Stella escapes from her abusive brother and runs into the woods, hoping to survive. After a while of being chased down, she finally finds a house dee...
85.2K 1.3K 25
You were a 21 year old who witnessed a crime committed by a mafia, not to long after you were kidnapped . You are now in the hands of a mafia leader...
947 68 3
Seoul. A series of couple murder in Seoul will eventually be linked to fugitive Aaron Smith and the Jeju Serial Murder case. Now Superintendent Haei...