The Doberman

Galing kay nayawritess

Azalea Caruso is the heir to the Caruso Mafia, an assassin and cutthroat. She hates the idea of marriage but... Higit pa

Visuals and a note :)
Chapter 01: Meeting trouble.
Chapter 02: Tesoro
Chapter 04: Power duo
Chapter 05: That's how Azalea Caruso works
Chapter 06: Exes and psychos
Chapter 07: French kissed and flawless
Chapter 08: Players and protectors
Chapter 09: Ricci-Caruso bonding
Chapter 10: Shooting hearts
Chapter 11: Gunshots are like chirping birds now
Chapter 12: Pain and pleasure
Chapter 13: Stalker in the USA
Chapter 14: Soon to be?
Chapter 15: Till death do us part.
Chapter 16: 1 month to forever?
Chapter 17: I spy a traitor...
Chapter 18: Trapped.
Chapter 19: A lie for love
Chapter 20: Dolore
Chapter 21: Signatures and Suspicions
Chapter 22: Fiducia
Chapter 23: Ci vediamo all'inferno
Chapter 24: Just an alliance.
Chapter 25: Have a blessed life.
Chapter 26: Grudges and goodbyes.
Chapter 27: New beginnings, same faces.
Chapter 28: Stronzo
Chapter 29: Wedding bells, same hotels
Chapter 30: Spend the night
Chapter 31: Giglio
Chapter 32: I do...or do I?
Chapter 33: Fuck it.
Chapter 34: Feelings and shit.
Chapter 35: Your favourites
Author's note & Character Aesthetics
!! PREQUEL !!

Chapter 03: Leonardo Ricci isn't that bad...

10.2K 181 143
Galing kay nayawritess

[Next morning]

"Wake up Lea, we have training!" Giovanni called.

"Ugh is it time already?!" I groaned as I rubbed my eyes.

"Yes flower, come down to the gym quick!" he commanded as I heard his footsteps fade.

Giovanni Caruso, The underboss and my uncle. He is five years younger to papa. He is papa's right hand and the coolest uncle ever. He has been training me since I was about 10. Every weekend, 8 am is my training time.

Ugh shouldn't have gone to that stupid club.

I got out of bed, brushed, got into my workout gear and tied my hair into a dutch braid. I walked down to the gym in my basement.

"Let's start sleepy head." Giovanni stood up from his seat and walked over to the boxing bag.

I wore my boxing gloves and started punching the bag. After about 10 minutes of punching, it was time to sparr.

Leonardo's pov:

I went to the Caruso mansion again this morning. Please don't ask me why. I walked in and greeted them all. Alexander took me down to his gym to meet Azalea. I walked in and saw her sparring with Giovanni, who was twice her size and to my surprise, SHE WAS WINNING.

"You think you can win?" Gio chuckled.

"I know I will." she punched his stomach and twisted his arms behind his back and kicked his feet off the ground.

A few blinks and Gio was on the spongy platform and Lea was laughing at him. She was freakishly strong. I would be lying if I said that wasn't hot.

"That's my Giglio!" Xander praised. She smiled at him.

"She fights?" I asked, impressed.

"She's an assassin Leo." he replied.

"Assassin?"

"Ever heard of Blaze?" he chuckled.

"She's Blaze?!" My jaw dropped. The girl my parents want me to marry is BLAZE?! I'm damn sure Diana knew about this. I can't believe this.

"You wanna sparr big guy?" she raised her eyebrows at me.

"After what I just learnt, I don't think I want to"

"Aw is The Doberman scared?" she teased.

Scared. I hated that word. "Oh you're on Blaze"

I quickly put on my boxing gloves and stood in stance in front of her. She wasn't the least bit nervous. Instead, she was grinning. We started sparring, shit her punches hurt like a motherfucker. Everytime I punched, she defended. I had to find her weakness but she was making it so fucking hard. Damn she's good and just like that... I was on the ground.

"HA LOSER!" She laughed. I quickly grabbed her ankle and pulled her down. She fell on top of me with her hands on either side and her face inches away from mine. Her lips were slighty parted and the tip of her braid brushed my face. She stood up, fixing her gear and when we turned around, Xander and Gio were already gone.

"You think they left us alone on purpose?"

"Yup. Definitely" she smacked her lips. "Wanna go outside?"

"Lead the way tesoro." I bowed. She chuckled at my gesture and proceeded to walk to the backyard.

"How many people know that you're Blaze?"

"Well my family, Emma, Jay, your sister and your parents."

"What the hell? My whole family knows then why the fuck did no one tell me?"

"Surprise?" she giggled.

That little giggle is the most beautiful sound ever.

We talked for almost an hour or more even. I didn't even realize how time passed. Maybe this "meeting" idea wasn't too bad...

Vienna's pov:

"Look at them, Xander." I said lowly to him, pointing towards Leo and Lea.

"They look beautiful together don't they, amore?"

"They're just like us." I wrapped my hands around his left arm and rested my head on his shoulder.

"I love you, Vienna Caruso." he placed his head on mine.

"I love you, Alexander Caruso."

Back to Azalea:

It was actually really nice talking to him for so long. He listened to me as if he was swallowing every word. He made me laugh the entire time, Yes he was being his arrogant self but maybe Leonardo Ricci isn't that bad...

But soon he left. He had some shipments to take care of and I was off to my room. On my way on the stairs I heard someone behind me.

"Whatcha grinning about kiddo?"

"Oh didn't see you there Aunty Emi."

Emilia Caruso, previously, Emilia Hernandez. Uncle Gio's beautiful ginger wife. She's also a sniper along with my mother. She is, surprise surprise, the best aunt you could ask for.

Yes, I have the best family ever but the hardest job ever. We all the know each other's value because we know that we can lose each other at any time, anywhere. That's mafia life for you.

I was engrossed in my thoughts that I didn't even realize I was grinning.

"Uh nothing, just random thoughts."

"Does the random thought have a name? Leonardo Ricci to be specific?" she raised her brows, smirking.

"Aunty c'mon!" I facepalmed as I stormed to my room.

"Your secret's safe with me hun!" she yelled as she laughed.

"Yelling isn't helping aunty" I yelled back.

"Oops." she giggled as she walked away.

[meanwhile, outside the Caruso mansion]

"This guy was here again ugh. I can't believe it's true!" Nate gritted his teeth. "You made a big mistake, taking my Azalea away from me. I know exactly what to do to you"

*makes a phone call*

"Kelan, find Scarlett for me. I need her help."

Back to Azalea:

*notification dings*

Hello again, tesoro. My bestfriends and I are going to the club at 7. Would you Emma and Jay like to join?

How'd you get my number?

I have my ways, amore ;)

Okay creepy ass anyways, which club?

Hey! I'm anything but creepy and the name of the club is The skull. It's mine.

Of course you are. Okay We'll be there.

See you at 7 then ;)

Looking forward to it ;)

I couldn't help but smile. I texted Em and Jay and they were ready in a blink. Ma and Papa will go nuts if they get to know that I actually like this guy.

[At Leo's office]

"Leo, you invited people?!" Matteo flung the door open.

"Yeah man, we never invite people on clubbing nights what the hell?" Javier added.

Matteo Casada, my best friend and the sniper in our team along with my mother. He has been with me through thick and thin and is "the son she never had" according to my mother. She loves me I swear. MOVING ON.

Javier Rodríguez, my other best friend and the hacker of the team. He's come into my life later than Matteo but is equally as important to me. He's also one of the very few people I trust with my life.

Both of these boys are a pain in my ass but I don't know where I'd be without them.

"Can you two calm the fuck down? I've invited Lea and two of her best friends"

"Wait Lea as in Azalea?!" Matteo's eyes widened.

"THE AZALEA CARUSO?!" Javier squealed.

"Jesus, yes THE AZALEA CARUSO."

"Oh, this is amazing. We can't wait to meet your soon-to-be fiancé. " Matteo clapped in excitement.

I chuckled at his remark. Why did I not correct him and tell him that we're just meeting and that's it? I don't know. Soon to be fiancé. Damn.

"Someone's blushing already I see." Javier teased.

"I will kill you." I pointed my finger at him.

"I'd love to see you try." he said, putting my finger down.

[At The club]

Leonardo's pov:

"Where are they, it's 7:10!" I glanced at my watch. As I lift my head up to look at the entrance, I see them walk in. As she walked through the crowd, everyone slid to the sides, providing her space to go through. She's respected and feared even at my club I see. She wore a champagne cocktail dress which shimmered a little bit. On the left, there was a blonde petite woman, who I assumed was Emma and on her right, a tall, blonde man with a good physique, who I assumed was Jay. The siblings were American I knew that much.

They walked over to us at the bar. Lea stood next to me while Emma and Jay stood beside Matteo and Javier.

"You're 10 minutes late tesoro" I pointed out.

"This takes time okay?" she chuckled at she flipped her hair. I admit she looked breathtaking but hell she could've turned up in a night suit and I would've said she looked gorgeous.

"Hi I'm Emma and this is my brother Jay." she introduced.

"I'm Matteo and this is Javier."

Matteo passed me his good old "Damn she's pretty" look. Usually it was a "Dude I want to bang her" but today it was pretty. I'm gonna decide on a ship name now. Maybe take Lea's help.

Back to Azalea:

The tall, ripped, brunette, american introduced him and the auburn haired, hispanic man stood beside him.

"I'm so glad I get to finally meet my best friend's soon-to-be fiancé." Emma cheered.

"Emma!" I hissed.

"I swear if you hurt her I will put a bullet through your skull" Jay threatened.

"Shut up both of you!" I facepalmed. "Idiots"

"Oh you find it amusing eh?" I looked at Leo.

"No not at all" He forced back a chuckle.

"Stronzo" I cursed. He smirked.

I took a closer look at his outfit. He wore black jeans and a sloppily tucked-in red t-shirt. His hair screamed "just shampooed" and he was wearing a silver cross pendant. The Rolex on his wrist was diamond studded and his black platforms were squeaky clean. He looked like a high school bad boy. I chuckled at the thought.

We were all talking for about 20 minutes and I started feeling suffocated so I walked out to the back door to get some fresh air. "I'll be right back." I informed.

[A few moments later]

"Ah I feel better already." I said as I stood outside. Suddenly I felt footsteps approaching me. At about 4 feet away from me, the sound stopped. A distorted voice spoke from behind me.

"Gladius says hello"

To be continued...

I hope y'all liked this chapter! Who is Gladius? And who is the man behind Azalea? Is she in trouble? Oof so many questions! Anyways, what do you think will happen next? Keep reading to find out ;) ILYSMM xx

Ipagpatuloy ang Pagbabasa

Magugustuhan mo rin

5.2K 159 34
a sudden enemy brings the biggest mafias together, no matter how long its leaders have known each other there has to be a marriage between the mafias...
138K 3.8K 56
Book two of the only series DARK ROMANCE She came with my name against her mouth and I wouldn't have it another other way. And it was the only way...
570K 9.1K 53
Two complete opposite. Two wondering souls looking for a place to belong. Gianna, 18, is a fragile girl who is longing to be loved. By anyone, bro...
54.9K 1.8K 64
He seemed like the devil. He was evil. Cruel. She was always portrayed as a weapon. A tool. An occasional use. One wrong turn -literally- and ever...