Calypso and the Moon

By tearsonmytshirt

Calypso is a kind and happy girl, manoeuvring through life on her own accord. Having started a band with her... More

π™Έπ™½πšƒπšπ™Ύπ™³πš„π™²πšƒπ™Έπ™Ύπ™½
Beginnings.
Nostalgia.
Whiskey.
Sling.
Ice-cream.
Ramen.
Insomnia.
Paws.
Lucas.
Dudley Inc.
Vodka.
Birthdays.
Apologies.
Inlove.
Silver.
Dresses.
Confessions.
Promises.
Jail.
The Motion.
Adelaide.
Interruptions.
Cherry Tomatoes.
Knees.
Picnics.
Parties and Heartbreak.
Acceptance.
Painting.
Best friends.
Cookies.
Endings.
epilogue.
an

Evidence.

668 27 4
By tearsonmytshirt

Calypso had woken up after the sun, her back aching from her position on her fathers couch.

After the two finished in the garden, they cooked dinner together, and Calypso decided to sleep over at her father's.

There was a mug of coffee on the table next to her and she sat up, groaning. She picked it from the table and took a sip, reading the note her father left her, saying he'd be going to work.

She stared through the window, observing her fathers garden. Then, her phone let out its shrill ringtone and she quickly swiped her finger over the screen.

"Adamos,"

"Goodmorning, miss. This is Sherley calling, Judge Charles decided to move the trial to tomorrow,"

Calypso paled, and she sat the mug down. "I haven't spoken to the witnesses yet," The woman hummed, "Well, you've got a full twenty-four hours, Ms. Adamos, goodluck,"

The line went dead, and Calypso let her face fall into her hands, groaning again. She locked up her dad's house, putting the key under the frog sculpture. She raced down the sidewalk, and when she finally arrived at her building, Calypso practically ran inside.

She dialed Dudley Inc.'s line as she pulled her hoodie from her head, throwing it on her floor. She pulled on a maroon blouse and just as she did, the call was answered.

"Hello, this is Adelaide speaking. What can I help you with?"

"Adelaide, this is Calypso," She mumbled as she slipped her sweatpants off. She pulled on a pair of black dress pants and raked a brush through her curly hair.

"What can I help you with?" She asked again. Calypso took the phone with her to her bathroom, "I'd like to speak to you. I'm James' attorney and to put it bluntly, you're the witness and I need you on the stand,"

It was silent for a second and Calypso waited for her to speak as she applied her makeup. "I'm free in ten," Was all she said, and Calypso heard her end the call. She pressed on Adam's contact, and brushed her teeth as it rang.

"Hello,"

"Adam, I need to talk to you in an hour, okay?"

"Yeah, alright, come to the building," Calypso ended the call, and slipped on her shoes and black blazer before she tied her hair into a neat ponytail.

She fed her dogs and kissed the top of their heads, and raced down the stairs of her building. She hailed a cab, barked the location out and chewed on her bottom lip as she stared out of the window.

Fifteen minutes later, Calypso was standing infront of James' building. The mere thought that he stepped foot in her made her heart clench, and with that, she pushed open the heavy door.

White and grey painted the walls, and she spotted Adelaide at the front desk. Giving her a mere lotion with her head, Calypso followed behind her. They stayed silent their entire shared time in the elevator, and Calypso followed behind the blackhead once the doors slid open.

The next story was even busier, and she gave Adam a curt nod as she passed by him. Adelaide walked to the far end of the building, it becoming much calmer here.

She unlocked a large door, and pushed it open. As Calypso entered, she knew exactly who's office this was. It smelled of oak and sunshine, and her heart shattered in her chest. A half smoked cigarette layed in the ashtray. The walls were a light grey, paintings scattered around them. It was neat, and clean. A few papers were scattered on the table, pens in a white pen holder and she picked up a tiny paper, and she felt her bottom lip quiver.

Her name and number were written messily on it, and she set it down again, and stared through the large windows.

"Sit," Adelaide said, finding her seat opposite the larger, black chair. Calypso frowned, and Adelaide nodded to the large black chair.

Calypso swallowed hard, and sat in the large chair. She put her notebook on the table, and swiftly took the pen that layed on the table.

She smiled at Adelaide, "Shall we begin?" Adelaide nodded, folding her hands in her lap.

"Can you tell me what happened that night?" She gently tapped the pen on her notebook, and Adelaide shifted. She cleared her throat before she began, "Uh, we-

"I need names, please,"

"Adam, Katerina, Angela and I were at Nostalgia, and then Adam called James. So, James came over after a while,"

"Was he drunk when he got there?"

Adelaide nodded, and Calypso folded her hands on her lap as she sat back. "Let me level with you. If you tell the jury that James was drunk, you'd be making my job a lot harder for me, Adelaide,"

"You want me to lie?"

"Not lie, necessarily. Just, don't tell them that part, yeah?"

Adelaide looked down, then nodded. "You called the police?" She nodded again, "Why did you do that?" Adelaide frowned, and looked up.

"Because James was beating the shit out of someone,"

"Exactly. So, why would you call the police? Isn't he close to you? Why would you risk putting him in jail when you, specifically know what he's like when certain things are mentioned?"

Adelaide's mouth opened, then closed again. Calypso smirked, "Could it be that you were mad at him for his unrequited feelings?"

Adelaide shot up from her chair, "This is a fucking interrogation!" Calypso shook her head, "I'm merely asking you what Lucas' lawyer will ask you, Adelaide."

"You'll say that you thought it was the right thing to do at that time, that you were panicking,"

Adelaide's nostrils flared, and she ground out, "Are we done here?" Calypso shook her head again, "If he asks about your feelings for James, you'll say you don't have any. You won't tell him about how James is at work, all good things, okay?"

The blackhaired woman turned to leave, but Calypso said, "Send Adam in," She merely nodded, and left the door ajar. A few seconds passed, and then she heard a gentle knock on the door.

She smiled widely at Adam, "Sit, please," Adam smiled back, "James would've enjoyed seeing you in that chair," Calypso's cheeks warmed up, and she clenched on her jaw.

"Adam, what happened that night?"

Adam sighed, "Well, I called James and invited him out for a drink. He came over, completely fucking plastered already,"

Calypso held her hand up, "I need you to forget that he was drunk, okay?" Adam frowned, and she mentally thanked him when he didn't question her.

"So, Lucas started talking shit, and James lost it as per usual, dragged him onto the sidewalk and went back for the bat. I don't know what happened then, I just saw the lights and heard the sirens,"

As Adam spoke, Calypso's hand moved over the page. The two stayed silent for a few seconds, just the sound of Calypso writing filling the air.

"You love him, don't you? That's why you're doing this,"

Calypso sighed, "Just dong want him to spend the rest of his life in jail," She looked up at him then, and he smiled. "We done?" Calypso nodded. Adam stood, spared her another dazzling smile, and closed the door behind him.

Calypso turned in her seat, staring through the window again. She stayed in James' office for a while, imprinting his smell onto her brain. She then shut it behind her, and made her way downstairs and through the front door again.

She pressed Angela's contact, and her her phone to her ear as she walked down the sidewalk.

"Hey," She said, and Calypso smiled, "Can we meet?" Angela hummed a yes, and the two agreed to meet at a local coffee shop. Calypso was a minute from it, and so she sat in the small shop and waited.

As she wrote in her notebook, she felt her phone vibrate in her pocket. She frowned at the screen, and swiped it.

"You're receiving a call from an inmate at New York City state detention center. Press one to answer."

The voice was robotic, and calm. Calypso's throat tightened, and she pressed one. She chewed on her bottom lip, anxious to hear James' voice.

"James?"

"Hello honey,"

His voice burned through her brain, through her veins and her heart shuddered against her ribs. She bit on the inside of her cheek, ridding a smile away.

"I was gonna come see you later," She said, fiddling with the pen in her hand. She drew shapes on the yellowish paper of her notebook.

"Doesn't matter. How's the case?"

She could almost hear the smile coming from him, and that seemed to warm her up. "Well, it got moved to tomorrow, so I've been running around all day,"

James merely hummed, his voice deep and warm through the phone. Calypso smiled, "How's prison?"

She heard him laugh softly, and she was sure her teeth would turn to powder from how hard she was grinding them.

"Oh, you know. Same old, same old,"

Calypso could help the giggle that passed through her, and James heart fluttered at the sound. The two didn't speak for a while, merely just basking in the idea that the other was on the line.

James then spoke softly, Calypso almost missing it, "I miss you," He said, his nails digging into his palm as he lowered his head. But, Calypso rushed a "I gotta go," Out, simply ending the call.

Angela sat across from her, smiling widely. Her blonde hair was pulled into a neat ponytail, and she rested hrr chin in her palm as she looked at her bestfriend.

"You wanna do something really fun?"

Angela raised a brow, nodding. "Wanna be a witness in my case?" Angela scoffed softly, rolling her eyes. "That's not something fun, Cal,"

She merely shrugged, and Angela said a "Fine," And Calypso smiled widely. "I wanna know what happened that night, and I need everything,"

And so, Angela stold her the story she heard three times already, and she was steadily growing tired of it. After drinking a quick coffee with Angela, she hailed another cab, and told them the location.

In a matter of minutes she was standing infront of the building again, and she did the same routine, and then made her way to the visiting room. She saw James already sat at their usual table, and her heart fluttered in her chest.

She opened the door after it buzzed, and James shot her a grin as she approached him. She pulled the chair from under the table, sighing as she sat.

"You look nice today," James said, his forearms resting on the table. Calypso raised her brows, "You look nice in orange,"

James tsked, "You're a fucking liar," Calypso laughed softly, "Well, I am a lawyer, so I have to be," James only nodded, watching her. He noticed how she pushed a strand of fallen hair behind her ear, and raised her brow when she looked at him again.

"Do you have a suit for tomorrow?"

James smirked, "I have a lot of suits," Calypso rolled her eyes, smiling softly. James spoke, "My house keys are with Adam, you can go pick one out,"

"Why were you in a gang?" She asked suddenly, making James shift in his chair. He rested his hands in his lap now, and she noticed how he was handcuffed this time. What she didn't notice at first, was the fresh tattoo on the side of his neck, and she narrowed her eyes as she looked at it.

"Needed money,"

Was all he said, and he shrugged his broad shoulders. She nodded, and pointed to his neck, "That makes you look scarier," She said matter-of-factly, her lips tugging into a grin. James raised a brow, "Good," He stated, his own lips turning up into a smile.

The sun and the moon watched eachother, in two completely different worlds. She smiled at him and he smiled at her as he always did, and she felt her heart grow feral in her chest, and the wilted flower bloomed again.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.6K 22 22
Jasmine has been working for one of the largest investment companies for over 3 years, and now she got a promotion working closely with her boss. som...
19.5K 555 45
The story of "TAEHYUNG" who is the CEO of a huge company has immense wealth but an accident in which he loses his pregnant wife in a road accident c...
377 19 7
"The Cold CEO Kim Taehyung is madly obsessed with his Secretory but he has a girlfriend" Is it just an obsession or a forgotten love? "I thank God th...
3.9K 113 41
Sarah Shah had never thought of herself to be a strong person but her fate demands her to be as it is tied with Xavier Smith, the world renowned CEO...