Just A Hunch (Varian x Witch...

By boxxieofbox

Hey guys! This is the sequel to my book Gut Feelings! If you haven't read it, I highly suggest that you do ot... More

Just A Hunch
Other Friends
To Corona
A Proposition
Do it for Her
Switching Sides
Redemption
Cleaning
Late Night Picnic
The Stabbingtons
Wolfie
Chasing the Wolf
Community Project
Fearing Yourself
Witch Trial
Protection
The Prank
The Day of Hearts
Trevor Returns
The Sea Serpent
The Apple
Teamwork
Red Rocks
Overcoming Fear
Téir Abhaile Riu
Sweets
The Snuggly Duckling
Wrong Place Wrong Time
An Old Friend
Something's Missing
New Plans
Changing Roles
Just Around The River Bend
Buried Treasure
Confessions
Love Spells
Storm Cloud
Understanding
Out of it
Why
Try After Try
Willow Maiden
Just A Curse
Simple Song
Dress After Dress
I Put a Spell On You
Research
Dragon Tales
Guards and Orders
Sick Days
Naps and Soup
Return To The Lorbs
False Emergencies
The Well

Falsely Accused

775 17 28
By boxxieofbox

"There he is!" "Get him!" I heard someone yell as they slammed the door to the room open. I tried to ignore it and snuggled closer what was so warm in my bed. That warmth was suddenly forced out from under me. "H-hey! What's going on?!" I opened my eyes and what I saw made me furious. Stan and Pete had pulled Varian right out of bed. The two guards lifted him up by his arms just high enough so his feet didn't touch the floor, and he was struggling to get out of their grip. "Put him down!" I said as i stood up on the bed. "This kid has stolen something. We'll be taking him to see the Princess immediately." Stan said still dragging Varian out of the room. "What? I haven't stolen anything." Varian said trying to defend himself as they took him away.

I ran my hands through my hair and looked down at the shirt I was wearing and frustratingly groaned. I quickly snapped my finger and ran after the three. As I was running the pink surrounded me and left almost as soon as it came. I saw the three and started walking behind them once I got close enough. "He's been with me the entire time! There's no way he could have possibly stolen anything!" I said from behind the guards. "Give it a rest. We know you have the sash." Stan said to Varian. "A sash? Really? That's what this is about?" Varian asked as he stopped struggling. "A sash? Really?!" I asked and Pete glanced back at me.

"I'm sorry, (Y/n), but we have reason to believe that he stole it." I clenched my fists as I glared at them. "Oh yeah? What reason is that exactly? Did you find chemicals at the crime scene, raccoon prints, or even a note signed, 'Hey, it's Varian. Come get me?!'" I asked and both guards shook their heads no as they stopped in their tracks. "No? Oh! So you still think he did it?" I asked and Pete and Stan just looked at each other and I sighed. "Let's go find Rapunzel and we can sort this entire thing out." I said pushing my way in front of the guards. They let Varian walk, but they still had a tight grip on him as they told me where Rapunzel was.

"Somebody stole the sash?!" I heard someone yell as we approached where Pete and Stan said Rapunzel would be. "I don't know, your majesty-" I heard Rapunzel say as we approached her and Edmund. "We found the culprit, Princess." Stan said and Rapunzel turned around to see Varian behind held tightly by the two guards and me with my arms crossed over my chest. "Varian?" Rapunzel asked confused and I shook my head no moving to stand next to her. "Sapphs, has been with me all night. Besides, if he did steal something, it wouldn't be a sash. Can you please tell them that Varian is innocent?" I asked and Rapunzel looked towards him. "Varian, did you steal the sash?" She asked and he groaned. "No, I didn't. I've been with (Y/n) the entire time I even stepped foot in the city." He explained and Rapunzel nodded. "I believe him. Please let him go." She said to the guards and they stared at her stunned. "But, Princess-" "You heard her boys. Drop the alchemist. Next time please look for actual clues before accusing someone." I said and they nodded releasing Varian. I watched as both of the guards went back into the open room next to us.

Varian looked me up and down before crossing his arms over his chest. "What?" I asked and he just stared at me for a few more seconds before answering. "You really changed that fast? I was being taken and you changed?" He asked dramatically and I looked down to see what I was wearing. I had a white dress, a small tan corset, brown boots, and a small witch hat on my head. "With all due respect, Sapphs, I'm not running after you in a castle with like only your shirt on." He stared at me before shrugging. "Well played."

"Who was robbed anyway?" Varian asked as he moved next to me. Rapunzel simply pointed to the door of Eugene's room and I laughed. "Eugene? Was robbed? That is hilarious!" I said and Varian nodded. "Who knew that the master thief himself would get robbed." "Don't worry, Edmund, Eugene will help you find it." Rapunzel said to the king and Eugene popped out from his room. "Woah, woah, Stan and Pete are on it. They are perfectly capable of handling this." Eugene said. "Hey, I found a clue!" I heard Pete say and watched as Stan ran over to him through the door. "That's your own helmet! I told you not to take that off." Varian crossed his arms over his chest and rolled his eyes. "Yeah, I don't think they're going to get anywhere any time soon."

"I will not leave Corona until our family's sash is safely recovered." Edmund said and Eugene sighed. "Fine. I'll just give Stan and Pete a hand. Witchy, Brainiac, come with me." Eugene said and we both looked at each other before following him into the room. "No clues to report." Pete said saluting Eugene. "This master thief covered his tracks well." Stan said and I saw a piece of parchment on the floor. "What about that?" I asked pointing down to the folded parchment. Eugene picked it up and read it. "Yeah, this is a random letter." Eugene said and I heard Varian face palm. "Oh, they're good." Pete said to Stan.

We went to a private room with Edmund, Eugene, and Rapunzel. "This crook wants to exchange the sash for gold at Mount Saison." Rapunzel said as she read the note. "Whatever the price, no matter how far, we must get it back." Edmund said dramatically and I stared at him confused. 'Why does it feel like he's faking it?' "Oh, no, no, no. I said I would help out. I did not say anything about taking a day-long trip." Eugene said. "Well then, I suppose, I will make this journey on my own. Yes, except Hamuel, it shall be me." Edmund said rather sad while Eugene and Rapunzel argued silently. "We can go with you." Varian said only to be ignored. "Just me. No companion." Edmund said and Eugene gestured to Varian and I. This lead to him being nudged in the chest by Rapunzel with a stern look. "Okay, okay. Why don't the witch, hair stripe, and I just tag along?" Eugene said and Edmund faced him. "I suppose they both can come along." Edmund said somewhat disappointed.

Varian and I sat on a horse that Rapunzel let us borrow. I was in front of him with my book in my lap. Varian's head rested on my shoulder as his arms went somewhat around my waist and held the reigns. "You packed food, right?" Eugene asked Edmund. "Of course I did, Horace." Edmund said and we all looked at him confused. "A bounty unlike any you've ever had." Edmund said holding up a dark satchel. "Woah, woah, woah, Horace? Did you just call me Horace?" Eugene asked. "Indeed. Horace is your given name." Edmund said and Varian and I looked at each other before trying to stifle our laughter. "Did I not mention that before?" Edmund asked and I shook my head no. "No, you didn't." Eugene said and Varian let out a small snicker. "My question is how is it possible that his real name is worse than Eugene?" Varian asked and I laughed not bothering to try and hide it. "Ha, ha. Real funny you two. Let's just get on the road." Eugene said leading the way. "That's the spirit! This haunt may actually prove quite fun." "Yay! Field trip!" I yelled as I raised my arms up and Varian laughed before placing a soft kiss to my cheek. "But for the record, we are sticking with Eugene. Got it?" Eugene asked. "Whatever you say, Horace." Edmund said and Varian and I laughed at the name once more. "If it makes you feel better, I think you really do look like a Horace." I said with a smirk and Eugene turned around to glare at me. "You are not making this any better!"

"Ha, ha! Such a beautiful day for a trek. My spirits soar like Hamuel, my graceful friend in flight!" Edmund said only to give his feathered friend run right into a tree and come crashing to the ground. "Yeah. Majestic. Can we focus, please? The sooner we get up to Mount Saison and get the sash, the sooner you can get back to-Edmund? Edmund!" I looked up from my book to see Edmund not on his horse, Domino. "Horace, there is the most spectacular display of miniature ball-like thingy-dos on the ground. Come quickly!" Edmund said as he held whatever it was in his hand. Eugene, Varian, and I all looked to see what he was staring at. "Uh...who's gonna tell him?" Varian asked and Eugene sighed. "Rabbit pellets. Those are rabbit pellets." Eugene said and Domino sniffed the kings hand only to turn away in disgust.

"Oh, this is gonna be a long trip." Eugene said before getting off of Max. "We'd better fuel up. What the-?" Eugene said as he pulled a small wind up toy of a crow from Edmund's bag. "There's no food. This is nothing but junk!" Eugene said shaking the satchel. "There's no food? At all?" I asked and Eugene shook his head no. "Goodness me. I brought the wrong bag. This is my sack of lucky charms!" Edmund said and I stared at him confused. 'He's definitely lying.' "Say, Horace-" "Eugene." Eugene said after he had gotten back on Max. "I think I have the perfect solution." Edmund said pulling out an axe that had the brotherhood symbol on it. "We'll fish together!" He said before throwing his axe up into the tree and a piece of wood fell into his hand. "Problem solved." We all looked up at the axe stuck in the tree. "I am not climbing up there to get your axe down." Eugene said and I rolled my eyes. "I can get it!" I said and handed Varian my book. "Be careful." He said as I got off the horse. "I will!" I said as I started climbing up the tree. I reached the branch where the axe was stuck and carefully grabbed it. I stood on my tip toes on the branch as I grabbed the handles and gently pulled it. I laid down on the branch underneath me and gave to axe to Edmund's outstretched hand. "Ha, ha! Thank you, witch! Who would have thought that they could be so helpful?" I think he meant to say the last part to himself and I climbed back down. Varian reached his hand out for me and helped me back up onto the horse.

I sat on the grass with Varian next to me as we watched Edmund and Eugene try and fish. "Okay, this is just sad and is taking way too long." I said before standing up and taking off my boots and socks. "Sapphires, do you wanna learn how to really catch a fish?" I asked and he stared at me confused. "What do you mean?" He asked and I rolled my eyes. "I mean we're going to catch them. Come on!" I said grabbing his arm and trying to pull him up. He only let out an exaggerated groan before finally getting up. I walked into the water and let out a soft sigh at the cold water around me.

I glanced down at the water and saw a female face under the water before it quickly disappeared. "Naiads, we wish only for some fish to eat. We won't harm you in any way." I said softly down to the water. I saw three soft feminine features under the water nod to me before disappearing. The sound of water moving behind me caught my attention. "Naiad? Who's that? I thought Poseidon controlled water." Varian said behind me now in the water with his pants rolled up. I shook my head no. "Poseidon controls the seas. The Naiads are a species of nymphs. They are the nymphs of springs, rivers, lakes, fountains, and basically anything where water is flowing. They often protect young women and are only ever really a danger to men. I think they're also the ones putting junk on Edmund's line." I said as I smiled at him as he crossed his arms over his chest.

"You're telling me that you wanted me to come in here where I could possibly be killed by a nymph?" Varian asked and I rolled my eyes. "No, silly. I wouldn't do that. They only pursue men that can't take no for an answer typically. A man might try and kill them, in which, they will beat the man at his own game. Now come over here and help me catch some fish." I said as I stuck my arms into the water as I saw a fish swim by. I quickly pulled it out and they all stared at me surprised. "Why are you looking at me like that?" I asked and the fish jumped out of my arms. "Oh man." I said looking at where the fish had jumped back into the water. "Did she really just catch a fish with her bare hands?" Eugene asked and Varian slowly nodded as he stared at me with a big eyes and a smile. "Yes, yes she did. Show me how to do that, milady!" He said and I nodded.

"You just have to stay still so the fish will approach you. Once they're close enough, reach in and grab them. Don't harm them though because who knows what the nymphs will do if you harm their fish in their waters." I said and Varian nodded. After a few moments, I watched Varian reach into the water and pull up a fish. "Yeah! You got one!" I said giggling and Varian looked at me with a proud smirk.

"Looks like you're not the only one who ca-" Varian was cut off and I stared at him wide eyed. The fish had squirmed out of Varian's hands and slapped him in the face with its tail before jumping back into the water. "Don't you dare laugh." Varian said pointing a finger at me before wiping his face off. I couldn't help myself anymore and I started laughing. "Eugene! Eugene, did you see that?" I asked laughing even harder as the scene replayed in my mind. My hands were on my knees to help me from falling over from how hard I was laughing. "St-stop! It's not that funny!" Varian said starting to laugh himself. "You-you should have seen your face!" I said laughing and paused briefly to replicate it only to laugh harder. Varian started laughing harder at the face I made.

Varian suddenly snorted covering his mouth quickly. It was silent for a moment before we both started laughing again. "You-you really-" I was cut off by my own laughter as Varian bent over with his hands on his knees laughing. "You're so m-mean-" He started to say only to be interrupted by another snort. I was laughing so hard that I was barely breathing. "Are you two done? It's not even that funny!" Eugene said and I shook my head no as I was still laughing. "Y-you did not see that from my angle!" I said taking breaks in between my words to keep laughing. "The fish! It just!" I clapped my hands together replicating the sound it made when it's tail hit Varian and he snorted again. We both laughed for a little bit longer before finally calming down and catching our breaths.

"Oh my god." I breathed out as I wiped my eyes from any tears. "That was funnier than when you had the genius idea to make Lance act." Varian said and I nodded. "That was the funniest thing I've seen in a long time." I said and we all saw one of the acorns Edmund and Eugene use on their fishing poles dive into the water.

"Oh! Oh, I got something, Horace." Edmund said pulling on the stick. "For the eleven-teenth time, it's Eugene." Eugene said fed up with the name. "Twenty pounder easy! Maybe 30. Hope you're all hungry!" Edmund said before pulling out an incredibly small fish from the water. Hamuel tried to eat the fish, but it jumped back into the water. "Well, at least it was a fish this time." Eugene said gesturing to the pile of random things they had caught. Varian and I got out of the water. I let air flow around our legs to dry them before we put our socks and boots back on. "My son and his friends thinks me a fool. Hmm. Just wait until I reveal the figgy pudding in my pocket! That will change his tune!" Edmund said and Varian and I both made disgusted faces at each other.

Edmund turned to us and cleared his throat. "I have something in my pocket that will change your tune." "Did you just say you have figgy pudding in your pocket? I don't know what's weirder. That you have figgy pudding in your pocket, or that your armor actually has pockets!" Eugene said and I shrugged my shoulders. "I think the figgy pudding in your pockets is weirder." I said and looked to Varian to get his opinion. "I think having pockets in armor is weird. You're no supposed to have them in your armor." I tilted my head to the side confused. "But what if you need to put your crystals somewhere? Well I guess you could just keep them in your shirt under your armor." I said and Varian stared at me for a second. "(Y/n), do you keep crystals in your shirt? I know you always have them in your pockets, but in your shirt?" He asked and I nodded. "Is that not normal?" I asked and he shook his head no. "Oooh. That explains why Rapunzel and Adira were always so confused whenever they had to bandage my back and crystals would just fall out." I said and Varian nodded. "I'd be surprised as well if you took off your shirt and rocks just fell out." Varian said soft enough so only I could hear not really thinking about what he said while a dark pink blush covered my cheeks.

"Who shall partake of the figgy pudding?" Edmund asked with a smile and Eugene stared at him. "I don't want any of your pocket pudding." Eugene said. "Ah, but you do! I can tell a lot by looking into a man's eyes." Edmund said as he stared deeply into Eugene's. "Apparently, you can't." Eugene said and Edmund walked near Domino. "But, you shan't have it so easily! To see who claimed this figgy treat, we shall have a contest. A game of marksmanship if you will. Ha, ha!" I tugged on Eugene's sleeve to get his attention. "We don't really have to eat it do we?" I asked and he shook his head no. "We won't." Eugene said for all of us. "That settles it. The game is afoot!" Edmund said before walking away and we followed. "If we really are doing this, I say the loser eats the pudding." I said and Varian nodded. "I agree! Loser eats the pudding."

"No, children. The winner gets the delicious prize of the pudding. Now, to find a target for our contest." Edmund said and Hamuel flew around us and flew beak first into a tree stump. "Thank you for your service, Hamuel. We have a target." "Edmund, you can just have the pudding." Eugene said rolling his eyes. "Nonsense! We shall play this delightful game, and revel in each other's company." Edmund said before yelling and throwing the axe. "I know what you're thinking. You're thinking, I bet that was a lucky shot!" "Not even close to what I was thinking." Eugene said annoyed and I leaned over to Varian's ear. "Edmund sure is trying hard to get Eugene to like him. Isn't he?" I asked and he nodded. "I would too if I was him. I mean, he hasn't seen his son since he was a baby. He wants back in his kids life." He said softly to me and I nodded understanding. "Let's try for two in a row." Edmund said and pulled out Eugene's sword before throwing it. He hit the stump, but a little too hard. The stump tipped over the edge of the cliff and fell straight to the ground.

Eugene, Varian, and I all stared over the edge of the cliff at her falling weapons before they splashed as they fell into the water. "Edmund, our weapons!" Eugene said and I looked up at him. "I'm sure your sword needed to be upgraded anyways. You can probably go see Xavier to make a new one." "Well, lucky for us, nothing is more dangerous than our cutting wits, eh, Horace?" "It's Euge-you know what, this is impossible!" Eugene said starting to walk away.

"If something's not impossible, it's not worth doing." Edmund said and I saw Varian's eyes widen as a smile started to form on his face. "I mean, what is wrong-wait. Did you just say, if something is not impossible." "It's not worth doing?" Eugene, Edmund, and Varian all said together. "Why, yes, I did!" Edmund said and Varian shook my shoulders. "That's from-" "Flynn Rider and the Lost Treasure of Scotia!" Eugene finished Varian's sentence  Varian let go of my shoulders and went over to the two men. "One of my favorite books!" Edmund said and Eugene smiled. "Me, too!" "Me, three!" Varian said last and I giggled at how excited he was. "I lost mine. I accidentally dropped it off a cliff." I looked at Eugene confused. "How do you accidentally-" I was cut off by Varian. "Do you remember when Flynn Rider is on the canoe, heading for the water fall?!" Varian asked and Edmund nodded. "Yes! He leaps onto the rocks, but not before saving the.." "Treasure!" All three day together again and I roll my eyes. "Oh, it was brilliant!" Eugene said and I watched as the three laughed together. I stood up and went next to Max. "They're going to be like this for the rest of the trip, aren't they?" I asked and Max nodded. 'While they do that, I can read more on Corona. I wonder if I'll find anything interesting.' I thought to myself.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

978K 16.9K 42
What if Aaron Warner's sunshine daughter fell for Kenji Kishimoto's grumpy son? - This fanfic takes place almost 20 years after Believe me. Aaron and...
260K 6.2K 35
"That better not be a sticky fingers poster." "And if it is ." "I think I'm the luckiest bloke at Hartley." Heartbreak High season 1-2 Spider x oc
360K 7.6K 34
In wich a one night stand turns out to be a lot more than that.
31.7K 967 14
"Witches aren't all bad..." "How do you know that?" "...Because I met one" ---- I don't own tangled or tangled the series nor Varian I do not own yo...