SUNSTRUCK | outer banks ¹

By appetenxe

IN WHICH a runaway finds her safe haven extended description inside → season one ← → book one ← (...outer ban... More

SUNSTRUCK
ZERO. (runaway child)
ONE. (long time no see)
TWO. (new girl)
THREE. (hurricane rules)
FOUR. (power outage)
FIVE. (not an armed robbery)
SIX. (island breakdown)
SEVEN. (the boy with the gun)
EIGHT. (the cursed compass)
NINE. (nothing like bonding)
TEN. (heebie jeebies)
ELEVEN. (pogue status)
TWELVE. (the next steps)
THIRTEEN. (distraction game)
FOURTEEN. (midnight swimming)
FIFTEEN. (only friends)
SIXTEEN. (the start of nothing)
SEVENTEEN. (about last night)
EIGHTEEN. (somebody i used to know)
NINETEEN. (it might go down)
TWENTY. (second nature)
TWENTY ONE. (costume party)
TWENTY TWO. (mackin' sarah cameron)
TWENTY THREE. (body language)
TWENTY FOUR. (what the fuck was that for?)
TWENTY FIVE. (love just walked in)
TWENTY SIX. (jj's cousin's cripple)
TWENTY SEVEN. (axe murderer)
TWENTY EIGHT. (old habits)
THRITY. (for whatever happens)
THIRTY ONE. (the ferry)
THIRTY TWO. (clearly you)
THIRTY THREE. (sweetheart)
THIRTY FOUR. (i'll see you soon)
MOONLIGHT

TWENTY NINE. (good luck)

4.8K 122 53
By appetenxe

"We're really just going to sit around and do nothing?" I asked, looking around at the pogues and Sarah. We were sitting at a table in the wreck.

    "Look, he'll come around, all right? It's, he's doing a JJ thing" John B tried to assure me and when I let out a sigh he got quiet. "you think he'll go home?" Kiara asked, making me look up.

    "There's about a zero percent chance that JJ goes home," Pope said, the boy looking from the window.

    I wasn't sure if Pope was right, even though I had known him for far less than Pope had, going home was something I probably would have done before I decided to run away.

    Pope explained to the group what we could do and we were all listening. His plan was solid and the boy was right, we needed to make sure we found someone who wouldn't screw us over, not again.

    "Okay, so tomorrow morning?" I asked and Pope nodded,

    "Yeah, we have to get this asap, we can't risk losing it," Pope told me.

    "All right, let's do it" John B agreed and we all nodded except for Sarah. "What about the thing with my dad," She asked and I turned my attention to the pair.

    "What thing?" Pope asked, his stance changing.

    "I have to go fishing with Ward," John B said, making the pogues sigh.

    "you can't get four hundred mil 'cause you're gonna go kill fish?" Kiara asked, unimpressed. "blow it off" I suggested and Sarah rolled her eyes.

    "I have to go, okay? He, He saved me, all right? If it weren't for Ward, I'd be in foster care." John B said, his head down.

    "Oh, bullshit!" I said, my burst of emotion making everyone look at me. "That's bullshit and you know it!" I told John B. Before he could try and talk I continued.

     "you know that my brother would have given you a place to stay, you know he would have had your back. Don't sit there and act like Sarah and her family were the only choice. Stop acting like you had no other option because you did, but you chose the Camerons." I let out, standing from my spot and walking out of the restaurant. Kiara got up and followed after me.

    We sat at the edge of the water for a while, just tossing rocks and chatting. I was trying to blow off steam. I knew I probably shouldn't have blown up on the boy like that but he was sitting there acting as if Ward Cameron was this big superhero who saved him when no one else would. And I knew without a doubt that Sam would have taken him in, my brother already treated that kid as family.

    "Kie, can I talk to her alone?" John B's voice was quiet, almost a whisper as he approached. Kiara looked to her side and I nodded. She got up and left the two of us, heading back inside the restaurant with the others.

    "What do you want?" I asked, still not looking away from the water.

    "to talk, and to show you something," He said and his words caught my curiosity. "show me what?" I asked, turning my head slightly, still not looking completely at the boy.

    "Just cmon, get up" He urged and I rolled my eyes, ultimately giving in and following him to the van.

    "Where are you taking me," I asked, watching him from the passenger side as he drove. "Just wait," He told me and I sighed, leaning my head back against the seat.

    "You took me to an old church?" I asked as I got out, looking up at the building in front of me. "Do you trust me?" He asked, ignoring my questions.

    "Are you really asking me that?" I sassed and he rolled his eyes. "Okay fair enough, but c'mon just follow me. It'll be worth it, I promise." He told me and I nodded, following him into the old building.

    "Check it out," He said as he 'showed' the place off.

    "Wow," I said, my eyes falling on the stained glass windows.

    "Pretty cool huh?" John B said, nudging my arm with his. "it's beautiful" I told him and when he paused I laughed. "You better not say it" I said and he chucked.

     "say what? That it's not as beautiful as you?" He joked and I fake gagged. "I hate that," I told him and he let out another laugh.

    "My dad used to come here when he was a kid," John B told me as we walked through the building.

     "yeah?"  

     "He said it was a relic from the old island. Before all the, the condos and the developments. Oh, that's the bell tower" He said, stopping as we got to the back of the church. "back in the day, they used to ring the bells when the boats would come in" He continued, I looked around with curious eyes.

    "Can I see it?" I asked, and when he nodded I smiled. "But, I'll go first. You know, sort it out, type of thing." He cleared his throat. When he got to the top he looked back down. "C'mon," He told me and when I had climbed up most of the ladder he held his hand out for me to grab.

     "watch your head" He warned as I got up. "pretty cool huh?" He asked as my eyes scanned the room.

    "Check this out," He said, pointing to one of the pillars.

    "that you?" I asked, pointing at a carving in the wood.

    "I was ten, me and my dad did it," He said with a smile, and it was one of the first times I had seen that kind of smile on him, the pure bliss of happiness.

    "Here, look at this," He said as he walked across the small room, opening up one of the shutters. The view was breathtaking, and the island was so beautiful from up above. "Why do I get the feeling, I'm not the first girl you've brought here?" I voiced, my vision still focused on the view. "first time" He told me and I bit the inside of my lip.

    "so, why'd you bring me here JB?" I asked, looking from the view to him. He chuckled a bit before looking into my eyes. "This just felt like the right place for us to talk, plus, hold on." He said, reaching into the floorboards and pulling out a bottle of vodka.

     "oh my god," I laughed as he showed off the bottle.

    "so? Let's talk?" He asked and I nodded, quickly grabbing the bottle from his hands and opening it. "cheers" I said, holding the bottle up before taking a swig of it and placing it on the floor as we sat down.

    I sat across from him and in the moment of silence we shared we stared into each other's eyes. "I guess I should probably tell you what happened," John B said, breaking the quiet.

    "Listen, I never meant to go with Sarah and end up with her. I just, everything went so fast. And I knew we needed into the archives, and then it was midsummer and then I got pushed off of Hawks Nest. I didn't mean to hurt you, and our kiss, everything that happened at your house that night I meant. All of it." He told me and my face softened.

    "I'm into you, Elle. I want to be with you." He admitted and I sighed. "You're with Sarah John B" I reminded him and he took a breath.

    "I know, but honestly I was with her because we needed the information and then I just got in too deep, I don't want to be with her. At first, I thought that being with her would help me get over you. It was so hard being around you because I could never pay attention to anything, even now when you are in a room, I catch myself drifting off. I mean, I really care about you, Elle." His words made me swoon.

    He moved closer, and so did I. We were so close to each other that we could feel the other's breath. I closed my eyes, leaning in as John B did the same. Our lips almost touched but I pulled back. John B opened his eyes confused.

    "We can't, you have a girlfriend," I told him, my heart beating fast.

    "What about a good luck kiss?" He asked and I laughed. "I'll think about it," I said and he smiled.

    After a moment or two, John B looked up with a smile. "what?" I asked, looking at the boy with suspicion.

    "Have you thought about it yet?" He asked and I let out a laugh.

    "John B"

    "Well, can I at least kiss you while you think?" He suggested and I rolled my eyes playfully. "that defeats the purpose doesn't it?" I reminded him and he chuckled.

    "C'mon, it's just a kiss," He said and I let out a breath, "mhm I suppose you could," I said and his eyes widened, a shocked look taking over his face before vanishing into a smile.

    I smiled too, laughing at the boy as he composed himself. His eyes sparkled in the moonlight. "yeah?" He asked, making sure he heard me right.

    "Yeah" I assured, my voice no louder than a whisper.

    John B's hand snaked around my waist and he pulled me close. Smiling at the giggle I let out. He gently rested his free hand on my cheek as he brought me to his lips. A slow passionate kiss which made me lose the air currently in my lungs.

My chest felt heavy but oddly enough, I didn't want to pull away, not even to catch a breath.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

644K 11.2K 113
𝙈𝙤𝙣𝙖𝙘𝙝𝙤𝙥𝙨𝙞𝙨 𝘯. 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘴𝘶𝘣𝘵𝘭𝘦 𝘣𝘶𝘵 𝘱𝘦𝘳𝘴𝘪𝘴𝘵𝘦𝘯𝘵 𝘧𝘦𝘦𝘭𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘰𝘧 𝘣𝘦𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘰𝘶𝘵 𝘰𝘧 𝘱𝘭𝘢𝘤𝘦, 𝘢𝘴 𝘮𝘢𝘭𝘢𝘥𝘢𝘱...
13.4K 927 30
And you had to go, I know, I know, I know. JJ MAYBANK / FEM!OC KIARA CARRERA / FEM!OC OBX SEASON 3
403K 4.7K 67
𝖨𝗇 𝗐𝗁𝗂𝖼𝗁 𝗍𝗁𝖾 𝗍𝗐𝗈 𝗆𝗈𝗌𝗍 𝖻𝗋𝗈𝗄𝖾𝗇 𝖯𝗈𝗀𝗎𝖾𝗌, 𝗍𝗁𝖺𝗍 𝖺𝗋𝖾 𝗆𝖺𝖽𝗅𝗒 𝗂𝗇 𝗅𝗈𝗏𝖾 𝗐𝗂𝗍𝗁 𝖾𝖺𝖼𝗁 𝗈𝗍𝗁𝖾𝗋 𝖿𝗂𝗇𝖽 𝗉𝖾...
62.2K 1.4K 45
𝙎𝙚𝙡𝙘𝙤𝙪𝙩𝙝 (𝙣.) 𝙪𝙣𝙛𝙖𝙢𝙞𝙡𝙞𝙖𝙧, 𝙧𝙖𝙧𝙚, 𝙨𝙩𝙧𝙖𝙣𝙜𝙚, 𝙖𝙣𝙙 𝙮𝙚𝙩 𝙢𝙖𝙧𝙫𝙚𝙡𝙡𝙤𝙪𝙨 𝙤𝙧 𝙞𝙣 𝙬𝙝𝙞𝙘𝙝 𝙖 𝙬𝙞𝙡𝙙 𝙝𝙚𝙖𝙧...