EIGHT. (the cursed compass)

My day was just starting and now I was walking up to a stranger's house that was trashed

My day was just starting and now I was walking up to a stranger's house that was trashed. I took cautious steps, the sounds of screaming coming from the house. I may not run from fights but I wasn't a fucking idiot, for the most part.

    I looked back at the tan-coloured van and I could place it as John B's. When I got closer to the house two figures came out, immediately followed by two figures walking in. The blonde and brunette boys were impossible not to recognize, even from the edge of the property.

    'What the fuck' I muttered under my breath. I had no idea what I was walking in on and I didn't know whether or not I was making a good idea proceeding forwards and going into the house.

    My heart sank when I heard cries coming from inside. "Miss Lana?" I called out and I heard some hushed whispers. "Miss Lana?" I said again, this time coming up to the door that was off its hinges.

    I stepped through the doorway and looked around, spotting JJ and John B by Miss Lana who was crying on the ground. I was kind of taken aback, not expecting this to come of the trip.

    "I'm sorry to bother you, Miss Lana, but my brother Sam asked me to come to check on you. And also that he needed to get something-" I started to tell the woman, who weakly lifted her arm to point at a table in the corner, a woven necklace with an emblem hanging off of it. I didn't understand why Sam wanted this, or even why Miss Lana had it but I smiled and thanked the woman.

    I stood back as I watched the boys for a second before making my way back out the door, I did however take in how messed up her house was, paintings that I assumed previously hung on the wall were laying on the ground, tables and chairs knocked over.

    "cmon John B, let's go!" JJ shouted, catching my attention as I walked toward the road. The boys rushed out of the house and JJ grabbed the skateboard from my arms.

    "C'mon, you're coming with us" He insisted, waiting for me to get into the van. "what? Why?" My words were cut off by John B telling me they'd explain later.

    I was now sitting on the porch of John B's house which the pogues called the chateau. The necklace my brother made me get was sitting in my pocket, still not knowing why it was so important I had to go get it for.

    JJ was explaining what had happened to him and John B in a very dramatic fashion. "all we hear is just "bam! bam! bam!, knocking paint off the wall G!, from the inside" He told them, acting out some of it. I had no clue if this was how it actually happened or if it was just JJ being over the top.

    "Oh look at this, okay," JJ said before shaking his head like a dog, flakes dropping from his hair. "That's dandruff, disgusting" Kiara let out cringing at the boy.

    "wow," I scoffed and for some reason that made JJ walk over to me and shake more out. "JJ" I hissed, brushing off the 'paint' from my legs.

    "That's paint" he defended. "At that point, I was just like... I'm waiting for death" His words made me raise my brows at the boy.