On The Run | H.S |

By AmoreStellato

"Why do you have to be so damn stubborn?" He whispered as his warm breath fanned my face. He was inching clos... More

1
2
3
4
5
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19

6

1K 71 2
By AmoreStellato

December 5th, 2016
Jo's 18th Birthday

• Jo's POV •

Me and Harry got into his black shiny car. Honestly I am hoping he is going to fall a lot at the ice rink.

"Have you been ice skating before?" He asked me and I nodded in response to his question.

"I'm a pro at ice skating. It actually was my dream to become a professional ice skater but that fell through the cracks. Now I'm not to sure what I want to be." I said as he kept his eyes on the road.

"I'm sure you will figure it out soon." He responded placing his warm hand on top of my jeans covered thigh. Sparks ignited all throughout my body and I felt the heat creep up into my cheeks.

Harry cleared his throat and removed his hand, "Uh..sorry." He quickly said and I awkwardly smiled at him.

"So uh, about the whole being nice to me today. You are only being nice to me because it's my birthday right?" I asked him and he laughed.

"Pretty much Joseph. Pretty much." He answered making me glare at him. He has got to stop calling me that.

"I can't wait have the actual Harley back. This nice one is making me feel like I'm dreaming." I spoke clearing my throat. He sarcastically laughed at me.

I smiled, "Don't piss off a princess Harry."

"Notes taken, thanks love." He smiled at me and my heart fluttered as he said the word "love". It sounded so hot with his accent.

I noticed a small pocket sized picture of a girl with blonde hair. She was really pretty. But why did he have the photo?

"Is this your girlfriend?" I asked him as I held the picture up to him.

"Not at all." He said keeping his forest green eyes on the road.

I furrowed my eyebrows, "Okay but you like her?"

He sighed, "No Jo I don't like her."

I smirked, "Yes you do! You can't hide your feelings for her forever, you know?"

He rolled his eyes and finally spoke up, "I don't know why I would have feelings for my own sister Jo."

Shit. I felt the heat creep up into my cheeks as we fell under an awkward silence.

He began laughing, "You see why it's not good to just assume things?"

I flipped him off and put the picture back to where it belongs.

We were finally here. Harry parked his car and I went to get out when he grabbed my wrist tightly making me look back over at him with my eyebrows furrowed.

"What the hell?" I spat at him and his grip grew tighter around my wrist.

"If you see anything suspicious, anything at all Jo, then we need to leave quick." He said to me and I pulled away from his grasp.

"No shit Sherlock." I said sending him a stone cold glare.

He rolled his eyes and hopped out of the car after me. We shut the doors and stood side by side as we noticed a couple next to us holding hands.

Me and Harry looked over at each other, he gagged and I shuttered. There was no way in hell me and Harry are going to be holding hands.

We walked in the ice rink side by side. We stopped at the front desk to pay and get out shoes.

"What size shoe are you?" Harry asked me making me look up at him into his forest green eyes to answer.

"Six." I simply answered and he told the lady at the front desk. I wandered off to look at the pictures of all the competing ice skaters.

I really wanted to compete. But my mom never allowed me to. Ice skating used to be the first thing I did in the morning. I used to ice skate from 7 am to 1 pm.

My mom never allowed me to compete and then she just left us completely with no actual excuse.

"Are you ready?" Harry asked walking up to me. He handed me my skates as I continued to look at the pictures.

"I always wanted to compete." I told him sadly. I took my skates from him and sat down on a bench to put them on.

"Why didn't you?" He asked me as he sat down on the bench next to me.

I sighed, "My mom never allowed me to. And then of course she just left us with no reason. To me it seems like she just wanted to ruin my life and then leave."

Any other day I would've been crying but right now I was furious. How could she have done something like that to me? Her own daughter?

"Let's not think about that, let's just go skate." Harry said pulling me out of my thoughts and I nodded.

It wasn't that hard for me to get back onto the ice but Harry was another story.

"Just come on you moron! There is ice in case you fall. It's smooth." I told him as I skated back and forth while my hand slid across the ice.

"How are you so good at this?" He asked me as he entered the ice rink. He was shaking so much all I wanted to do was laugh.

"Well Harley when you dedicate seven years of your life learning how to ice skate you kind of just, you know, become good at it." I fake smiled at him and he rolled his eyes.

"Seven years of your life? When did you first start skating?" He asked me.

I looked over at his shaking body, "When I was eight. My mom made me stop skating when I was fifteen."

He nodded and stared to try and skate towards me but he almost fell. I quickly grabbed ahold of his arms and helped him steady himself.

"Thank you." He laughed and I nodded at him.

Why do I act so shy around Harry? When I'm with him It's hard for me to be this selfish person everyone sees me as. That's why when he's rude to me I have to force myself to be rude back.

"Come on." I told him as I held onto his arm and skated so he wouldn't fall.

I cleared my throat making him look over at me, "Have you never been ice staking before?"

"Well...I was always scared to actually get on the ice. So this would be my first time ice skating." He answered me.

I smirked over at him, "Aww it's your first time." I gushed making him pull his arm away, I fell into a fit of laughter.

"I'm just playing Harley calm down now." I joked again and he sarcastically laughed at me.

"Ha-ha." He glared and I smiled at him. I skated away and did my own thing. It feels so good to get back on the ice. It just makes me realize how mad I am at my mom for never letting me skate again.

I looked over at Harry only to see him fall onto his butt. I started laughing as I skated towards him.

"Not funny." He said grabbing his elbow.

"Are you o-okay?" I choked out through my laughter. He smirked up at me and grabbed my ankle pulling me down with him.

Only I probably fell harder then he did considering he yanked me down.

"Ow! God damnit Harry!" I shouted at him as he started laughing. The sound of his laughter made me calm down.

"That wasn't funny, you douche!" I said pushing his chest.

"Aww I'm sorry Joseph." He said grabbing ahold of my thigh smirking at me.

I glared at him and pushed how off of me, "Pig." I muttered making him chuckle.

"Come on let's go, we should get home." He said and I nodded as I followed him out of the ice rink.

There standing by the Coke machine was Jake, I went to get Harry but when I looked back over he was gone.

I must've just been seeing things. At least I thought I was.

A/n: I hope you all enjoyed this chapter and I will see you in chapter 7!

Don't forget to vote and comment!

- Emma 💗

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

259K 11.7K 35
เชœโ€โžดแกฃ๐ญฉ hidden, various hazbin hotel characters x female reader เชœโ€โžดแกฃ๐ญฉ ๐‘ฐ๐’ ๐’˜๐’‰๐’Š๐’„๐’‰ we follow an angel named y/n, who had her bes...
2M 106K 62
โ†ณ โ [ INSANITY ] โž โ” yandere alastor x fem! reader โ”• ๐ˆ๐ง ๐ฐ๐ก๐ข๐œ๐ก, (y/n) dies and for some strange reason, reincarnates as a ...
949K 16.3K 41
What if Aaron Warner's sunshine daughter fell for Kenji Kishimoto's grumpy son? - This fanfic takes place almost 20 years after Believe me. Aaron and...
863K 45.7K 32
It's the 2nd season of " My Heaven's Flower " The most thrilling love triangle story in which Mohammad Abdullah ( Jeon Jungkook's ) daughter Mishel...