All my life (Bucky Barnes x r...

By avengers_spn

I'm Y/n Rogers, Steve's little sister. Our parents took me in at a young age and I grew up with him. Even if... More

Never alone
Rogers
HYDRA
Angel
Flashback
Earth and Nature
Asgard
Destined
More than friends
Secrets
Lies
Long lost
Mission
Home
Wanting more
Suspicious activity
Games
Won't give up
Father
Let us be
Threat
All my life
Sarah and Grace Barnes

Dress to say yes

479 11 3
By avengers_spn

We can hear the loud music as we walk down the stairs towards the party. We run into multiple guests on our way. I use my powers to open the two big doors leading into the party as the four of us walk in, and all eyes are on us.

As I search the crowd for Bucky, I notice Steve basically drooling over Nat, Vision staring at Wanda, and Tony locking eyes with Pepper as a big smile appears on his face. We walk up to the boys as the other girls grab their boyfriends/husbands arms. Everyone starts chit chatting as I still look for Bucky.

"Have you seen him?" I ask Steve.

"Yeah he went upstairs I think. Said he needed some air. Probably on the balcony. You look great by the way!"

This worried me. Bucky could get claustrophobic so I needed to get to him and make sure he was okay.

"Okay! Thank you!" I yell over the music. I walk out of the party and to the elevator. I find two people making out inside so I decide to take the stairs.

I step out onto the balcony and take in the cool evening air. The sun is going down and the sky is beautiful shades of pink and orange.

"Bucky?" I yell. "Steve said you came out for some air. Are you okay?" I look around the balcony before walking around. That's when I spot the candles. There is a long path that I follow. "Buck what's going on?" I say as I see him at the end. His jaw drops when he sees my dress, slowly turning into a cheesy smile as he looks me up and down.

"You look gorgeous." He says.

"You're not too bad yourself." I smirk.

"Well I tried to dress to impress. It is a special occasion."

"Yeah it is. Shouldn't we be inside for said special occasion? Tony and Pepper will wonder where we are." I ask.

"Well we can't join the party until the reason for the party happens."

"Bucky I have no idea what that means." I say walking up to him.

"You should be more observant. Turn around. Look at the candles." He says. I do just that and see the candles are placed to make words.

"Will you marry me?" I hear Bucky say from behind me. I turn around to see him down on one knee with a ring box held out to me. I feel my eyes tear up as I look at him.

"Y/n all my life it has been you. The person who could make me smile and roll my eyes at the exact same time. The person who took care of me even when I didn't deserve it. The one that has loved me unconditionally even when I was dead." He puts air quotes up. "And the one that I haven't been able to stop thinking about for the last 67 years that we were apart. Even when hydra brainwashed me. There was a corner of my mind that still held you. You are the reason I fought and continue fighting. You are my life and now I want you to be my wife. So what do you say? Marry me?"

I feel a couple tears fall as I look at the man in front of me that I love with my entire being.

"That was really cheesy." I say making him laugh and roll his eyes. "Yes you asshole! Of course I'll marry you!" I say smiling as he stands up to put the ring on my finger and kiss me. He wipes away the stray tears as he looks into my eyes.

"I love you so much." He says.

"I love you more." I stand on my tip toes to kiss him. It is a passionate kiss that I don't want to end. But I pull away.

"We need to get back inside before we miss the entire anniversary party." I say letting my hand fall to his and interlacing our fingers.

Bucky laughs. "Y/n it's not their anniversary. That's what Nat told you so you wouldn't find out. It's our engagement party." I look up at him equally shocked and angry.

"I just spent $200 on an anniversary gift!! Do you know how bad I've felt all day because I thought I forgot??"

"Just save it for their actual anniversary. And we couldn't let you find out what was going on. It's what nat came up with spur of the moment."

"You were very confident I would say yes if you through an engagement party before we were even engaged. What if I had said no?" I raise my eyebrow.

"Well I would have been broken hearted and we would've just let the party be a party not for us. But I knew you'd say yes."

"How?"

"Because of Nat. She helped me dig." He smirks.

I recall on my conversation with Nat a couple months ago.

"So how are you and Bucky?" Nat asks as we sit at a table in a cafe.

"Amazing. Gosh I just missed him so much and now that he's back I don't ever want to lose him again."

"So when's the wedding?" She asks.

"In case your forgot, we have to be engaged before we get married." I point out.

"Well do you want to be?"

"Be what?"

"Engaged. Married. To Bucky."

"I mean yeah. It's all I've ever wanted. But there's so much going on right now."

"Yeah." She says as she sips her coffee.

_____

"That was you!?!" I ask Bucky.

"Yep." He says. I roll my eyes.

"Wow."

"Hey we're here aren't we?" He winks before pulling me into him by the waist. "And, we don't actually have to go back to the party right now. We could take a little while for ourselves. To celebrate." He looks at me suggestively.

"Oh yeah? And what would that celebrating consist of?" I ask him as I kiss down his jaw.

"Whatever you want it to."

"As great as that offer sounds, we can't miss our own party." I say pulling away from him and grabbing his hand.

"Seriously? You're teasing me now?" I look back to see him pouting.

"Later bubba. We should probably inform everyone I said yes before they worry." I lead him towards the elevator and back down to the party. We open the party doors as everyone yells.

"Congrats!!!" I look at Bucky and laugh.

"What if I had said no?" I ask everyone.

"Well we knew you wouldn't but Bucky text me to let me know." Steve says. I roll my eyes as the girls surround me.

"Ring. Now" nat says motioning for me to show them.

They all three gasp as they look at it.

"It's green!!" Pepper says. She looks over at Bucky.

"It's her favorite color." He shrugs. I feel a big smile creep on my face.

"It's beautiful" Wanda says.

"I know!" I say excitedly. I look over at Bucky to see him watching me as the others come to see my ring too. I shoot him a smile and he sends one back. He mouths the words I love you before Tony starts talking.

"Congrats kiddo. If he hurts you I'll kill him." He hugs me as I laugh. "Thank you Tony"

The rest of the night is spent with everyone telling Bucky and I congrats before the guests leave and only the avengers are left. We all had had multiple drinks and were a little tipsy. I usually didn't get drunk because of my asgardian blood but Thor brought something for me to try. And it worked. Well.

"Hey where's Loki?" I ask Thor.

"He went back to Asgard for a while. Said he needed some space." Thor says.

I wonder if it has to do with Bucky proposing to me. I shake off the feeling and smile at everyone.

"Let's play a game!" Nat suggests.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

9.9K 251 24
"Love the life you live. Live the life you love." -Bob Marley When Yn Rogers and her brother, Steve Rogers, come out of the ice and are the first rec...
2.5K 90 15
You were adopted by Natasha Romanoff when you were 9. You've been training your whole life to be a part of the avengers, and now it was finally happe...
529K 11.8K 38
"i am the fallen princess, scarred and hardened by a war i never asked for, but oh how i melt in your arms and the sea of your eyes..." . . "i am not...
720K 17.7K 40
You are one badass assassin. The deadliest one alive. You're also Steve Rogers' long lost younger sister. When Steve and the Avengers find you single...