Angel

"You know bro, I would love to explain. After I shower. Do y'all have a bathroom or something and a change of clothes? I'd rather not be covered in blood any longer than I have been." I say.

"Actually we have to go." Steve says.

"Go? Go where?"

"The avengers compound. I think it's time you meet everyone. I'll call Pepper and have her get a room ready for you." Steve says as he messes up my hair and motions for me to follow him.

"Okay..." he leads us to an aircraft. "Actually can I just follow you there? It's the first time I'm able to use my wings freely. Without having to worry about anyone experimenting on them." I look at Steve hopefully. He chuckles and nods as he climbs into the aircraft with Nat.

As she starts up the plane, I walk far enough away so I have enough room to take off. I let out my wings and glide into the air as I follow my brother. Nat is flying the plane as Steve sits by the window, watching me curiously.

"How does she do that? I've never seen anything like it before? Is she some kind of Angel?" Nat asks Steve.

"I don't know"

"Are you sure we can trust her Steve?"

"She's my sister."

"She could have been compromised by HYDRA." Nat points out.

"She wasn't. I can tell. It's her." He replies.

I stop listening in as I see them go lower as I spot a helipad. I let them land as I hover over the building.

"I wasn't compromised. HYDRA hasn't been able to break me for a while." I speak as they climb out.

"Wha.. how.. did you hear us?" Steve asks.

"Yes" I state simply as I land and pull my wings in. "Now if you don't mind, I just ruined my shirt and I need a new one. Can I shower now?"

"Yeah. But we're gonna talk about this later."

I follow Steve into the building. Nat leads me to a room with a bathroom after giving me a quick tour of the tower.

"I will put some clothes on the bed before you come out. It looks like we're the same size so I'll let you have some of mine until we get you your own." She walks out and closes the door.

I make my way to the bathroom and take a long shower. In hydra we didn't get the luxury of long showers. We got a 5 minute shower once a week. And we never got a change of clothes unless we left for missions. Once I get out, I walk to the bed and find clothes from Nat. I put them on and walk out of the room.

"Steve! Nat!" I yell. I round the corner to find multiple people sitting around a table. Looking at me.

"Y/n meet the avengers." Steve says. I look around until I recognize a face.

"Tony Stark?" I ask the man.

"How do you know that" he asks skeptically.

"You look just like your father. He and I were close."

"Define close"

"Relax pretty boy. He was a close friend. I actually introduced him to your mother." I reassure him. I look around again.

"Clint Barton, Hawkeye. " I say looking at a blonde man.

"Bruce banner. Aka the hulk." I continue.

"Sam Wilson. The falcon. Love the wings by the way." He grins proudly.

"Wanda Maximoff. Huge fan." She smiles softly at me.

"Vision. Is it true that you made him?" I ask looking over at Tony. He rolls his eyes.

They're all looking at me impressed but also confused.

"How do you know who we are." Clint asks.

"HYDRA kept me up to date with things going on in the world. They thought I would be their ultimate weapon so they wanted me to know everything. Besides that my brother is alive apparently. You were supposed to be my targets once they broke me. Luckily for you they never did." I say as I sit down in a chair.

"How do we know you won't kill us." Tony says.

"Well first off, you would be able to tell. If they succeeded at brainwashing me, I wouldn't know who any of you are. I would only know that I needed to kill you. Second, I'm not exactly human. None of what they did really worked on me."

"Not human?" Steve asks.

"We'll get there. What do I need to do to prove myself here? I want nothing but to be an ally and help people. I've done enough harm in my past." I say the last part quietly. Looking down at my hands.

"Tell us everything. Start from the beginning." Bruce finally speaks.

"I will tell you what I'm comfortable telling you. But we should go outside. I've been indoors for the past 65 years. I missed the fresh air." I stand up, walking towards the elevator Nat showed me earlier. I hit the top floor and it takes us up to the balcony.

"How did you know where to go?"

"Nat gave me a tour. I have good memory." I say walking out and sitting on the edge of the building. "You may want to sit. It's a long story."