Home

"Her vitals are good and her brain activity has stayed the same. We'll have to wait for her to wake up to find out if she remembers." I hear Bruce say.

"Isn't there something we can do now? We can't just let her stay like that!" Bucky sounds angry.

I open my eyes slowly blinking away the sleep. I realize that I am in a place I don't recognize.

I sit up from the bed. Bruce and Bucky are facing away from me. I stand and run to the window. I use my powers to break the glass and jump. I open my wings midair.

I have to get back to hydra. I have to complete my mission.

Suddenly I am falling as I see Tony Stark above me, he hit me with a blast.

"Calm down y/n. Come inside and let's chat."

"For the last fucking time! I'm not y/n!!" I yell as I hit him with my powers. My hands are bright blue and I feel my eyes change color.

"Y/n! Doll it's me!" Bucky yells from the ground.

I slowly fly down to the ground.

"Remember that night before I left for Germany? That was the first time we said I love you. You started crying when I said it." He says.

I slowly walk up to him. I place both of my hands on his cheeks.

And I remember. Everything.

"Bubba?" I say starting to cry.

"It's me baby. I'm here." I throw my arms around his neck and hug him tightly, afraid I'll lose him again if I let go. He wraps his arms around my waist matching my strength. Both of us putting all of our love into the hug. I pull back enough to look at his face.

"I lost you. You died. You.. you fell off the train and.. and you were gone." I start crying harder.

"I'm here. I'm not gone I'm right here. And I'm not going anywhere." He kisses my head. I lay my head in the crook of his neck. Taking in the scent that I've longed to smell for decades.

And then I remember. Everything I've done.

I pull from his grasp and look around at the avengers scattered around me. Wanda's arm is in a sling, Clint has scrapes and bruises all over, Steve looks like he hasn't slept in weeks, and Nat is limping and has a bandage on her thigh from where I stabbed her.

"Oh my god. I.. I did this. I almost killed you" I collapse to my knees holding my head in my hands.

"It wasn't you y/n." Steve says.

"Yes it was. I knew what I was doing Steve. I tried so hard to fight it but I wasn't strong enough. I didn't want to hurt you but I almost killed you. All of you." Steve picks me up and hugs me against his chest.

"Shhh. We're okay. A few scrapes and bruises that's it." He lifts my head up to look at him. "You didn't do this. We're not mad at you. We're just glad to have you back."

"But the buildings. The people. How many? How many did I kill? Oh my god I'm such an idiot."

"Y/n! Y/n listen to me. We got everyone out in time. No one died. You didn't kill anyone." Nat says walking over.

"But I could have. I lost control. Im supposed to protect Earth!! It's literally my destiny. But now I realize. I may be the biggest threat Midgard has ever seen. If I lose control of my powers I could destroy the planet!" I yell.