sunshine | mark sloan

By Rainbow-Candy

veronica jennings was starting her internship. she was ecstatic to finally do what she loved. she was a surgi... More

part one
chapter one
chapter two
chapter three
chapter four
chapter five
chapter six
chapter seven
chapter nine
chapter ten
chapter eleven
chapter twelve
chapter thirteen
chapter fourteen
chapter fifteen
chapter sixteen
chapter seventeen
part two
chapter eighteen
chapter nineteen
extra chapter - smut
chapter twenty
chapter twenty-one
chapter twenty-two
chapter twenty three
chapter twenty four
chapter twenty-five
chapter twenty-six
extra chapter - smut
chapter twenty-seven
chapter twenty-eight
chapter twenty-nine
part three
chapter thirty
chapter thirty-one

chapter eight

6.7K 226 27
By Rainbow-Candy

season 3 episode 3 & 4

veronica laughed as meredith told her about her fantasy dream about mcdreamy and finn, the vet. it was a nice distraction from the boxes all over the house. also, the lack of hot water. callie had basically moved in since she got kicked out of her last place.

the day had been a decent one for veronica, izzie had agreed to go see the chief and try and get back on the program.

however, when izzie got to the hospital she stood outside and stared at it.

veronica and alex were looking after a young girl who couldn't feel pain and had internal bleeding. veronica walked away for a few minutes, a few minutes and the girl had run off and her and alex were searching everywhere for her.

she had witnessed them place their hands in ice water, and alex lost, which had added to veronica's day being good. however, losing the child in the hospital had put a damper on her day.

they had managed to get george to help, who rambled on about different superheroes, since megan, the child, had thought she was a superhero.

callie dragged him away.

eventually, veronica found her. she was under a bed.

"there's our superhero. we've got half the hospital looking for you. your powers of invisibility are well intact," veronica joked, dragging her gently out from under the bed.

"the other doctor is a hosebag, you know that?"

"yep, i do, now come on," veronica replied, pulling her gently towards the wheelchair nearby.

megan went to walk away, "nobody's cutting me open."

veronica sighed, bending down slightly so she was at a similar height to the girl, "it's surgery, we do it all the time. it's all we do."

"you can't keep telling my foster parents i'm defective. they can't afford surgery, it's too expensive," she argued as veronica placed her in the wheelchair.

"megan, they can handle it."

"they'll send me back."

veronica paused, realising what it was really all about, "that's stupid. they've got their own personal superhero. nobody sends back a superhero. you've got nothing to worry about."

"i thought the other doctor said i didn't have superpowers," she complained.

veronica rolled her eyes, "doctor karev is a bit of an ass. don't repeat that. but you take away green lantern's ring, the guy's still a hero. right?"

once they had done the surgery, she caught alex watching the family closely.

"alex karev does have a soft spot," she joked, quietly.

"shut up."

---

veronica sat next to meredith, "you do not look okay."

"i feel shit," she replied.

"you look it."

"i look better than you," she joked.

"doubtful, but okay."

---

it was rounds and addison had joined bailey, ready to request something when she stopped herself mid-sentence.

"oh my god."

veronica followed her line of sight to see mark sloan.

"is that..." george began.

"mcsteamy," cristina finished.

suddenly, meredith threw up.

"grey?" bailey spoke up, rushing over to her.

"no, mr sullivan, don't light that," george yelled.

veronica watched as there was an explosion as mr sullivan lit his cigarette.

"this is the most chaotic shit," veronica muttered.

she was with meredith, trying to help her feel better. she gave her some water. she then got distracted when addison confronted mark and derek was talking to the chief about hiring mark.

"this is telenovela shit," she smiled.

meredith then threw up again.

"holy crap, are you pregnant?" cristina yelled.

"oh fuck no," veronica added.

"jennings, watch your language," bailey exclaimed.

she nodded, watching as derek tried to get to meredith, but bailey tried to stop him.

---

cristina and veronica were examining meredith, and by that, veronica was standing back letting cristina examine her as they spoke.

"so who's the father?" cristina asked.

"i'm not pregnant," meredith insisted.

"i didn't think i was pregnant when i was pregnant either. but the fever, abdominal pain, non-stop vomiting?"

"pregnant," veronica sing-songed.

"i'm not pregnant."

"you don't know who the father is, do you?" cristina teased.

"it would have to be derek's. there's no way it could be finn's," meredith admitted.

"you haven't had sex with the vet yet? you gotta get out of that relationship immediately."

veronica rolled her eyes, "cristina, don't be a dick."

"i'm not, sunshine."

"i can't be pregnant, can i?" meredith spoke.

"with mcbaby," veronica joked.

"was i this mean to you when you were pregnant?" meredith questioned cristina.

"i thought you said you weren't pregnant?" cristina voiced.

bailey entered the room, "she's not. we'll have to run more tests."

"in that case can i have some morphine?" meredith asked.

---

veronica was sat reading a magazine next to meredith's bed, which was entertaining to say the least. cristina was next to her as meredith went on about how the pair were her best friends. meredith was very high as she spoke about how she was gonna be known as the slutty intern.

bailey walked into the room, making veronica throw the magazine away from her and sit up straight. she was, after all, meant to be working.

meredith had appendicitis.

"dr o'malley, dr jennings, prep dr grey for surgery. you're scrubbing in, both of you," bailey informed.

"i am?" george checked. "for meredith's appendectomy?"

meredith's eyes darted between the doctors, "uh, am i the only one who remembers last time george scrubbed in on an appendectomy? he almost killed the guy. sorry, george."

veronica stifled a laugh, coughing to cover it up.

"i don't have to scrub in, dr bailey. i could just..." george cut himself off as he looked at bailey. "unless you want me to- not going to happen again."

"that good enough for you dr grey?" bailey questioned.

meredith smiled, "you're pretty."

bailey rolled her eyes, leaving the room. veronica began laughing, following out.

"ronnie," meredith called. she wiped her nose. "ice chips." she then nodded.

---

veronica walked back into meredith's room to see derek and finn both there.

"oh for fuck sake, dial down the testosterone and get the fuck out, respectfully. she's about to have surgery," she exclaimed. her eyes widened as she realised what she said. "sorry. i have a big mouth and no filter. but seriously, she's having surgery, so i gotta take her."

"it's okay, dr jennings, i've gotten used to your lack of filter," derek joked. he had grown to find her lack of filter rather amusing.

"oh thank god."

george then entered, "okay let's get you prepped and ready for surgery." he stopped, realising he wasn't the only one in the room. "oh. dr shepherd. dr finn."

"now all my boys are here. so handsome. and such good kissers," meredith spoke.

george looked down, regretting the decision to enter the room.

finn glanced around, "excuse me?"

"she's on drugs," george excused.

meredith smiled, "he's an excellent kisser."

"you two dated?"

derek seemed smug as he spoke, "you didn't know?"

"it wasn't a date so much as a...disastrously uncomfortable sexual experience," meredith revealed.

veronica laughed loudly.

"oh i can't be here," george muttered.

"none of you can be here, this woman's being prepped for surgery. which means all of you need to leave. now," bailey ordered from the doorway.

george went to leave, "gladly."

"not you o'malley."

"dr bailey, all my boyfriends are here," meredith told.

"not for long. say goodbye dr grey," bailey replied.

when the pair began to tell meredith they would be there for her once she woke up, bailey slammed the door on them.

veronica chuckled.

---

veronica and george were wheeling meredith to surgery, which was entertaining.

"i love drugged meredith," veronica laughed as she rambled.

merdith began waving towards them, "on the table keep me draped. too many people have seen me naked already. i'd like to keep whatever dignity i have left."

"sure thing, meredith," veronica responded. "we'll keep you covered."

"thank you, ronnie. you're so sweet," she cooed. "and so small and young." she smiled. "you're a baby."

veronica rolled her eyes, "high meredith is cute."

meredith scrunched her nose. she then noticed someone.

"mcsteamy. mcsteamy. woo hoo," she called. she wiped her nose as he walked over to them.

"is that what they're calling me?" mark asked.

"yeah, but i don't think you're supposed to know that," merdith answered.

"how's my favourite dirty mistress?"

"haven't you heard? now i'm an adulterous whore!"

veronica chuckled, "but the cutest adulterous whore there is, mer."

"thanks, ronnie, you're the cutest intern," she exclaimed.

veronica scrunched her nose up, meredith did the same back.

"nice to see you again, sweetheart," mark greeted, winking at her.

veronica scoffed, "keep it in your pants, sloan."

---

it was the end of the day and veronica thought she was going to be able to go home. she was wrong. bailey grabbed her quickly, telling her she was swamped at that point in time, so the intern needed to check on one of her patients for her. the one who had set his face on fire.

"hi, mrs sullivan, i don't know if you remember me from this morning, i'm dr jennings, you can call me veronica or ronnie though. dr bailey sent me to check on you. how's he doing?"

"we're just getting an update now, veronica," she informed.

veronica nodded, turning to mark.

"surgery went well. we removed the necrotic tissue, applied the live cells and if his body responds in three to four weeks," mark explained.

"he'll have his face back," mrs sullivan stated, hopefully.

"mr and mrs sullivan...your face may never be exactly what it was. even if everything goes perfectly well, there will be scarring."

"but he's a sales man. he has such a nice face," mrs sullivan told.

veronica watched as mark struggled with trying to come up with something to say to comfort them. she sighed, stepping forward.

"you have an incredible wife, mr sullivan. and half a dozen car salesman in the lobby waiting to visit you. your face may be different. but you know as well as I do, it's not about what you look like, or your job, or how successful you are. its about having people in your life that you love, and who love you. that's all that matters. you'll still sell cars and you'll still have all those people in your life. you're going to be great," she comforted.

he reached his hand out and she grasped it, giving his hand a squeeze.

"you're going to be fine, scars or not," she whispered. "trust me."

with that the doctors left the couple alone.

veronica turned to mark, "with all due respect, you need to work on your people skills. you are a doctor. part of the job is dealing with people."

"is that right, sweetheart? you seemed to have it handled just fine," he retorted.

she shrugged, "i'm good with people. that's why bailey asked me to check on them and not another intern. but i'm not going to always be there to make sure your patients aren't freaking out."

"i can tell. and don't worry sweetheart, i won't need your help for every patient."

veronica shrugged again. she smiled, not sure what else to say. she was tired, she just wanted to go home and sleep.

"i gotta get home, have a nice night mark."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.4K 56 9
"Within the walls of hospitals and clinics, dressed not in capes but in scrubs, doctors battle the villains of disease and injury." Delilah Thompson...
7.5K 234 6
Younger Sister of Meredith Grey starts internship alongside her Sister, watch as she faces challenges and falls in love.
783 50 8
❝only brought this dress so you could take it off❞ ౨ৎ 𝐒𝐧 𝐰𝐑𝐒𝐜𝐑, aurora grey starts her internship at the same hospital as where her oldest si...
36.7K 659 50
Eden Abbott is in the last year of her internship at seattle Grace hospital, in her head she would finsih this year without any extra drama then next...