chapter seven

season 3 episode 1 & 2

izzie was lying on the bathroom floor. the group was standing around outside it, each trying to get her to move. alex spoke through the door before they all agreed to do something. they looked to meredith to help as she was dark and twisty and so was izzie, so she could help.

"someone has to go in there," george told.

george was the first to go in.

veronica was in the kitchen with meredith and cristina, the former making sandwiches. veronica watched on her face scrunched up in a look of disgust.

"why are we making sandwiches again?" cristina questioned from her spot on the counter, glancing up from her magazine.

"it's what you do when someone dies. you cook," meredith answered

"yeah. i know what to do when someone dies. i am a jew. i know food and death. it's shiva," cristina deadpanned.

"is it shiva even if she's catholic?" meredith sought.

"well shiva's what i know how to do. so yeah. it's shiva. and if we're sitting shiva for denny, then we should order in cause making sandwiches is not the same as cooking," cristina voiced.

veronica pointed at cristina, nodding in agreement.

"sandwiches are comfort food," meredith argued, taking a bite.

"they're really not, mer, what is up with you?" veronica spoke, watching her carefully.

meredith spoke with food in her mouth, "everything with me is fine. it's izzie we're worried about."

"what did you do?" cristina asked.

"denny died. burke got shot. let's just have some perspective and remember that what is a tiny slightly small-" meredith rambled.

"get on with it," veronica exclaimed.

"whatever spit it out," cristina demanded at the same time,

"i lost my panties last night," meredith revealed. she then went on to tell them the whole story.

"you had sex with derek in an exam room at the prom?" cristina repeated.

"yes."

"last night, you and shepherd did it?"

"yes."

"you and mcdreamy did the nasty-nasty?"

veronica laughed at cristina as meredith scolded her.

"i'm not judging. i'm just trying to wrap my mind around it. i mean you're with finn. he's with addison," cristina told.

"same here, no judgement from me," veronica assured.

"he's married to addison."

"yeah. well what did derek say?"