SUNSTRUCK | outer banks ¹

By appetenxe

IN WHICH a runaway finds her safe haven extended description inside → season one ← → book one ← (...outer ban... More

SUNSTRUCK
ZERO. (runaway child)
ONE. (long time no see)
TWO. (new girl)
THREE. (hurricane rules)
FOUR. (power outage)
FIVE. (not an armed robbery)
SIX. (island breakdown)
SEVEN. (the boy with the gun)
EIGHT. (the cursed compass)
NINE. (nothing like bonding)
TEN. (heebie jeebies)
ELEVEN. (pogue status)
TWELVE. (the next steps)
THIRTEEN. (distraction game)
FOURTEEN. (midnight swimming)
FIFTEEN. (only friends)
SIXTEEN. (the start of nothing)
SEVENTEEN. (about last night)
EIGHTEEN. (somebody i used to know)
NINETEEN. (it might go down)
TWENTY. (second nature)
TWENTY ONE. (costume party)
TWENTY TWO. (mackin' sarah cameron)
TWENTY THREE. (body language)
TWENTY FOUR. (what the fuck was that for?)
TWENTY FIVE. (love just walked in)
TWENTY SEVEN. (axe murderer)
TWENTY EIGHT. (old habits)
TWENTY NINE. (good luck)
THRITY. (for whatever happens)
THIRTY ONE. (the ferry)
THIRTY TWO. (clearly you)
THIRTY THREE. (sweetheart)
THIRTY FOUR. (i'll see you soon)
MOONLIGHT

TWENTY SIX. (jj's cousin's cripple)

5.4K 131 31
By appetenxe

It had been a long night, a night which resulted in Kiara staying over at Sam's. We were mentally exhausted and we really didn't know how we would react to Sarah coming along with everything.

    Part of me wanted John B to look me in the eyes and tell me he chose Sarah over me and over Kiara but it would break me, completely.

    "We should build a blanket fort" I suggested and when Kiara laughed and agreed I smiled for the first time since finding the gold. We didn't even notice Sam came in before he left to get us more blankets and pillows.

    "Me and Bianca used to build forts all the time. I remember the first time we built one was when the power went out, we were still kids then but it became our thing after that." I told Kiara and the girl sadly smiled back at me.

    "cmon, let's get some food. I am starving" I let out, both of us laughing as we ran toward the truck in the driveway.

    "So what happened between you and Sarah?" I asked, turning my head and looking at Kiara in the passenger seat. "freshman year, it was my first year at the kook academy. It was so intimidating. I was alone, I had no friends there. And one of these things is obviously not like the other. I mean, I didn't have anything in common with anyone. I was miserable" Kiara paused, taking a second to compose herself.

    "Just as I'm about to slit my wrists, the queen asks me if I wanna go save baby sea turtles. On our first day together we walked to the beach, we waited for the hatch and we kept the seagulls off. So that the turtles could get to the water. I just remember thinking that I had found this person that I would always have, like we were going to be best friends." I nodded as I turned into the parking lot of the Wreck.

    "Hi sweetheart, hi Elaine" Kiara's dad greeted as we walked in, it was late and the restaurant was nearly empty. "I'll bring some food out in a minute, go sit down," He told us and we smiled, quickly thanking him.

    When we sat down, Kiara continued. "We got close, she was literally my only friend. I hung around her and the kooks a bit, but it was only her that I was actually friends with. Then in tenth grade, she ghosted me, didn't invite me to her party, and just left. Completely disappeared and turned on me. She was rude and she didn't stop her friends from being the same way to me." Kiara let out a sigh.

    "What a bitch" I said and Kiara laughed, agreeing with me. "Here you are ladies," Mike said as he rounded our table and placed down two plates of food.

    "Have a good night" He kissed Kiara's head before excusing himself and heading back to the kitchen.

    We stayed for a while longer, finishing our food and just talking. It felt so natural for us to just be with each other and I was grateful for that. When I got to the island I wasn't sure if I'd even want to stay. I didn't want to get attached to anything but then I met the pogues.

    By the time we had left and driven back to the house, got inside, put on a movie, and fell asleep the sun was already beginning to rise. We hadn't expected to be woken up in the afternoon by Pope banging loudly on the door.

    "What does he want?" Kiara groaned, pushing herself up and out of the blanket fort after me. "No clue, but it better be good," I responded, walking towards the door.

    "What?" I asked, annoyed. "We need help, the boat is in the middle of the water and it won't start" He explained and Kiara looked over my shoulder confused.

     "then how did you get here?" Kiara asked, taking note of how very dry his clothes looked. "good question, a question i'll answer later cmon" He urged.

    "Give us a minute to get dressed god," I said to him, walking from the doorway to my room with Kiara. "He's literally bone dry, there's no way he swam," I said, with a hushed tone.

    "right?" Kiara agreed but even with our suspicion, both of us got dressed and went with Pope.

    "What exactly do you idiots need us for?" Kiara asked as we approached the boat. "Mechanical," Pope said, shaking his head slightly at his answer. "they're up in the alp" He told us and Kiara got up, switching boats.

    When only Kiara got up, Pope turned to me "they need you too Elle" His tone made me raise my brows. "I know nothing about boats Pope" I stated, and the boy got flustered.

    "JJ was asking for you to go, I don't know," He said, stumbling over his words. "okay?" I let out, looking back at Pope confusingly as I got onto the boat too.

    "JJ what did you want?" I asked as I walked toward where the boys and Kiara were. "huh?" The boy mumbled, looking up at me in the doorway.

    "Pope said you wanted me to come on the boat," I said, getting frustrated with the boys. "oh yeah, just was looking for my hat can you help" He got out, John B sending him a look.

    "Okay, I'll help. I guess" I said, moving so I could search through one of the piles of supplies on the bench. "uh, is this a joke?" Kiara called out and I turned to look at her.

     "Sayonara!" We heard John B shout, followed by two big splashes of water. "shit" I let out as Kiara and I got up to run towards the boys.

    It was when we got to the edge that we heard someone calling out for help and banging on the boards. "John B let me out!" We heard the person yell out again and we shared a look before leaning down and opening the floorboard. Sarah Cameron staring back at us.

    "what the fuck" I let out, running to the edge of the boat. "Are you serious!?" Kiara yelled as the boys laughed. "get your asses back here!" I screamed.

    "We can't. Not till the three of you figure it out." John B told us as he climbed into the boat with JJ. "I will kill every single one of you!" Kiara threatened. "You can't just leave us," Sarah pleaded.

    "There's food in the cabin and JJ rolled a blunt" Pope yelled to us and I tilted my head back in frustration. "JJ get your ass back here!" I yelled at the blonde boy who just laughed. "sorry babe, no can do"

    "This is ridiculous" Sarah let out as she unbuttoned her jeans. "Well we'd rather drown than stay here with you, so" Kiara mumbled. "Be my guest, maybe then you'll shut the hell up," Sarah said as she got to the side of the boat.

    "You don't even know where you're going" Kiara stated, being cut off by Sarah yelling that she didn't care. As Sarah made it over the side of the boat Pope and the boys sped off. "godspeed"

    "for fuck sake" I let out, pushing my hand through my hair. "I can't believe them," Kiara said, very clearly pissed off.

    "wait! John B you asshole!" Sarah screamed, trying to catch up with the boys. "they're not coming back for you!" Kiara told her.

    "Great" Kiara let out, looking over at me. We heard Sarah let out a scream and looked over the boat. The blonde girl shot up from the water. "what?" I yelled in frustration.

    "I got stung by a jellyfish. Shit!" Sarah whimpered. "dramatic" Kiara whispered.

    We could hear Sarah sobbing as she climbed the ladder. I decided to look around, trying to find where the boys stashed the stuff. I was pissed but not as much as I knew Kiara was.

    "Hey Elle, you find that blunt?" Kiara yelled to me and when I appeared in the doorway Kiara noticed the bait box in my hand and the smile on my face.

    "at least he left us this" I let out as I sat next to Kiara, Sarah on the other side of her. "this will help the pain," Kiara told Sarah as she pulled the blunt out of the box. Kiara passed it to me and I lit it, taking a long hit off of it before passing it back to her.

    "Go easy" Kiara warned Sarah, and I laughed. "yeah it's JJ's cousin's Cripple," I told the blonde. Immediately after taking the blunt from her lips, Sarah began coughing uncontrollably and I looked at Kiara.

     "she's screwed" The two of us laughed before I took the blunt from Sarah's hands.

    By the time the sun had set all three of us were undeniably high although one more obnoxiously than the others. Kiara and I sat, leaning against each other while Sarah sat away from us laughing.

    "Hey guess what? Would you rather have" The blonde started, clearing her throat before continuing. "I was imagining you like this just now. It was pretty funny. Would you imagine- would you rather have nipples for eyes or eyes for nipples? Imagine if you get really old and your nipples. Your boobs get saggy, and your nipples, if they were your eyes, you could see if your shoes were untied." She rambled, laughing again as Kiara and I shared one of many looks.

    "Is this like your first time smoking or something?" Kiara asked, annoyance flowing through her tone. Sarah's quiet 'no' told us everything.

    "Hey Kiara," Sarah said, and I rolled her eyes. "Oh my god. Enough of the 'hey Kiara.' Or the 'hey Laney" bullshit! Why are you trying to be nice now?" Kiara asked and Sarah looked taken aback.

    "What?"

    "You heard me, we were best friends" Kiara added, looking at the girl as she waited for an answer. "You liked me," Sarah admitted, both Kiara and I furrowed our brows at her comment.

    I stood up, before Sarah could answer. This wasn't a conversation I needed to be involved in. It was for Sarah and Kiara. And for all honesty I had no idea why the boys put me on the boat, surely John B couldn't have thought I'd blame Sarah for things he did.

    It wasn't about Sarah for me, it was about John B. And while it would be easier for me to ignore what happened with me and John B, Sarah being there wasn't my problem. I never did, and never would have a problem with Sarah personally. Sure I didn't like the idea of the girl joining us out of the blue but I sort of did too.

    "yes!" I let out. "Elle?" Kiara called out, looking over to the door.

    "Look what I found," I said with a smile, a half-smoked joint in my hand.

    "Oh my god," Sarah let out with a laugh. Sarah and Kiara watched as I lit it and inhaled the smoke. "Sarah you aren't getting any" I pointed at the blonde and Kiara let out a laugh.

    By the time we fully fell asleep we had talked about some random things, spitting out jokes and laughing together. I had to admit, take John B away, Sarah wasn't too awful to be around and it seemed that whatever the two talked about Sarah and Kiara were at least civil now.

    "You ladies need a tow?" John B called out, he and the boys driving up to us in the morning. "don't give them the satisfaction of thinking this worked" Kiara told Sarah and she nodded.

     "absolutely not," Sarah said with a smirk.

    "You still love us though, right?" JJ asked and he received a glare from me.

     "right?" He asked again and I rolled my eyes. Taking his outstretched hand and jumping onto the boat.

    "so?" John B said, his voice sounding hopeful. "we're, willing to work together," Sarah said, her tone unsure. "You know, that's victory" John B told us as we got onto the boat.

    "You ready to get some gold?"

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

45.9K 717 31
𝑴𝒂𝒅𝒆𝒍𝒚𝒏 𝒂𝒏𝒅 𝑱𝑱 𝒇𝒂𝒊𝒍𝒆𝒅 𝒉𝒊𝒅𝒊𝒏𝒈 𝒕𝒉𝒆𝒊𝒓 𝒓𝒆𝒍𝒂𝒕𝒊𝒐𝒏𝒔𝒉𝒊𝒑 𝒇𝒓𝒐𝒎 𝒉𝒆𝒓 𝒃𝒓𝒐𝒕𝒉𝒆𝒓.
499K 9.2K 34
✯✯ "𝐄𝐯𝐞𝐧 𝐢𝐟 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐜𝐚𝐧𝐧𝐨𝐭 𝐡𝐞𝐚𝐫 𝐦𝐲 𝐯𝐨𝐢𝐜𝐞. 𝐈'𝐥𝐥 𝐛𝐞 𝐫𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭 𝐛𝐞𝐬𝐢𝐝𝐞 𝐲𝐨𝐮, 𝐝𝐞𝐚𝐫." -𝐋𝐞𝐨𝐧𝐚 𝐋𝐞𝐰𝐢𝐬 (𝐑𝐮�...
403K 4.7K 67
𝖨𝗇 𝗐𝗁𝗂𝖼𝗁 𝗍𝗁𝖾 𝗍𝗐𝗈 𝗆𝗈𝗌𝗍 𝖻𝗋𝗈𝗄𝖾𝗇 𝖯𝗈𝗀𝗎𝖾𝗌, 𝗍𝗁𝖺𝗍 𝖺𝗋𝖾 𝗆𝖺𝖽𝗅𝗒 𝗂𝗇 𝗅𝗈𝗏𝖾 𝗐𝗂𝗍𝗁 𝖾𝖺𝖼𝗁 𝗈𝗍𝗁𝖾𝗋 𝖿𝗂𝗇𝖽 𝗉𝖾...
69.6K 2.9K 16
-𝐖𝐎𝐑𝐓𝐇𝐘 𝐎𝐅 𝐘𝐎𝐔 ᵏⁱᵃʳᵃ ᶜᵃʳʳᵉʳᵃ '𝙏𝙝𝙚𝙧𝙚'𝙨 𝙣𝙤𝙩𝙝𝙞𝙣𝙜 𝙩𝙝𝙖𝙩 𝙄 𝙬𝙤𝙣'...