Ghosts βœ”οΈ

By SettleDown1D

A postwar fic where Harry barely speaks anymore, and no one understands him the way Draco Malfoy does. One ap... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17:
Chapter 18:
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 60
Chapter 61
Chapter 62
Chapter 63
Chapter 64
Chapter 65
Chapter 66
Chapter 67
Chapter 68
Chapter 69
Chapter 70
Final Author's Note
Sequel
Completion!
Thank You / Other Works

Chapter 55

14.1K 581 350
By SettleDown1D

{Art credit to @/upthehillart on Instagram! I saw this on ig and I thought it would be perfect for their first kiss. I couldn't spoil the last chapter with it, so I'm putting it here 😌}

Today was their last full day of their trip, and things had just gotten a lot more complicated. Draco had woken up first, his head was now resting on Harry's chest, listening to his heartbeat. He didn't know what they were or what they would be, but this was so nice. Harry had an arm thrown protectively over Draco's waist, and Draco didn't care if they stayed in bed like this all day.

Draco was staring off into space when a letter on the nightstand with his name on it caught his attention. Moving carefully, Draco was able to grab it without waking up Harry. If Harry was up late writing this, that would explain why he was still sleeping.

Unfolding the parchment, Draco began to read.

"My Prince,

I envy how quickly you were able to fall asleep, and I hope that I don't wake you up as I write this. I know I won't be able to properly articulate my words tomorrow, so I'm writing this to hopefully make sense of everything before we talk. I don't even know if I'll be giving this to you to read or not, I just need to get it all out of my head and somewhere else.

You're absolutely amazing Draco, and I hope you know that I mean that. After everything I've been through, I never thought I'd be able to fully trust someone ever again, but somehow you managed to sneak your way through.

I'm very new to feelings this powerful, and the last thing that I would ever want to do is hurt you. You know that I love you as a friend, and that I really, really like you as something more than that. I'm just not sure how to proceed.

I honestly don't know if I'm ready for a relationship yet. Or maybe it's just the fact that labels scare me. I've gone through so much loss in my life that the thought of further labeling what we have makes it that much more real, and that much more to lose. The thought of losing you in any capacity physically hurts me.

I'm not saying that I want to remain just friends, because I don't think I'll ever be able to look at you again without wanting to kiss you. You just fill me up with such joy that I want to show you how happy you make me. You also have very kissable lips, but that's beside the point. Merlin I'm tired if I just wrote that.

Getting back to my point though, I want to be something. I don't want to be friends with benefits because I care about you and you're worth so much more than that. Can we not label it for now? I just want to take some time to be and feel with you, if that's alright.

Our friendship is still new, so I want to continue expanding on that with you, if you're willing. No matter what you decide, I hope it's to still remain in your life.

Love,

Your Scarhead x"

The letter had sent Draco through a fit of emotions. He felt a bit bad for continuing to read the letter in case Harry decided not to give it to him, but he was glad that he had read it. If he was being honest with himself, Draco also didn't know how to proceed. He had never been in a real relationship before, not with someone who meant so much to him.

The thought that Harry spent so much time to be sure he didn't say the wrong thing to hurt Draco spoke volumes of his character. Draco didn't care whether Harry wanted to label what they were or not, just that if they were to be intimate in any fashion that they were exclusive. Malfoys did not share, and Draco either wanted all of Harry in a romantic fashion or nothing at all.

They could just be Harry and Draco. Scarhead and Prince. Darling and Sweetheart. Just the fact that Harry wanted to be with Draco in any kind of capacity made him extremely happy. Being able to kiss Harry was just a bonus.

Once Draco put the letter back on the nightstand, Harry started to stir.

"Good morning my darling."

"Morning sweetheart. You doing alright?"

"I am. I slept like a rock."

"I have that effect on people. I live a very boring life you know", Harry mumbled sleepily.

"You just make people feel safe. I never have trouble sleeping when I'm with you, even if you make me watch movies with ugly clowns."

"I'll protect you from all of the ugly clowns the world has to offer."

"You better. I'm still not over that ending. Don't even get me started."

"We can just make up our own ending for them."

"How do you think it ends then?", Draco asked, sighing as Harry began carding his fingers through Draco's hair.

"Instead of watching Richie get mesmerized by the deadlights, Mike actually did something after Eddie stabbed Pennywise with the spear. He was able to catch his attention, and Eddie was only grazed by Pennywise in spider form, not impaled. He also said Richie's name when he thought he was dying, like in the movie.

Eddie's bravery still led to Pennywise being defeated. Richie carried him out and stayed with him in Derry until he was healthy enough to leave. They went back to the bridge, and this time Eddie recarved their initials, having told Richie of his feelings as soon as he woke up in the hospital.

Eddie divorced his wife and joined Richie for his standup comedy shows. The rest of the Losers met up monthly, but they never returned to Derry, other than to set up a memorial for all of the victims."

"I like your ending so much better."

"I'm glad", Harry replied, kissing Draco on the forehead.

"Are you ready to get up and eat?"

"I suppose so. Are you going to cook for me?"

"Do you want ravioli for breakfast?", Draco asked with a laugh.

"Listen, I'm just proud you can cook something."

"I can make you some toast and some eggs, that's about it."

"We'll make some omelets, and turn the bread into French toast, how's that?"

"You spoil me my darling."

Just the addition of the word "my" in front of the pet name made Harry feel so incredibly happy. He couldn't describe it, and Draco noticed the small smile on Harry's face.

"Let's go make some breakfast, and you can tell me what we're doing today my Prince."

They made their way to the kitchen, hand in hand.

"It's our last day, what would you like to do darling?"

"I've loved all of your surprises so far, so take me wherever you want."

"I have to say that you gave me the best surprise of all", Draco commented, leading into what he actually wanted to discuss.

"Ah, there's the elephant in the room."

"The what?"

"Muggle saying. It's when there's something obvious to be discussed but you don't talk about it."

"Muggles are so weird."

"Can you chop these vegetables for me?"

Draco did as told as he helped Harry prepare breakfast.

"I read your letter", Draco started again.

"Oh. That makes that choice for me then. What did you think?", Harry asked nervously.

"I think", Draco said slowly, approaching Harry and turning him around by the shoulders, "that I will be whatever to you that you want me to be."

Draco kissed Harry slowly and deeply, and Harry felt the weight of the world slide off of his shoulders. Giving Harry one last peck on the lips, Draco took a step back.

"We don't have to label this if you're not ready. I don't care what we call it Harry, I just care about you. I want you to feel comfortable and secure in what we have. I only ask that if kissing becomes a regular thing that we're exclusive. I don't want to be in too deep for you to suddenly start having second thoughts."

"I'd like kissing to be a regular thing", Harry replied, boldly taking a step forward and closing the gap Draco had just created. "I just don't like labels. I don't think 'my boyfriend' wouldn't even adequately describe how I feel about you. You're just my Draco, my Prince, and my Sweetheart."

"I do love this possessive side of you. As long as we've come to the same understanding, you can kiss me anytime you want."

Draco had barely finished that sentence when Harry's lips found his once more.

"You're addictive."

"And you're mine", Draco replied with a breathtaking smile.

"I'm all yours."

"It's about damn time. Are we telling anybody though? It's not that I'm against it, I just want to see where we go from here privately. I don't want them messing anything up before we get a chance to get going."

"Malfoy I haven't even told Ron and Hermione that we're friends, let alone us. I'll just call whatever we are 'us'. I think it's fitting.

But I would most certainly like to keep it private once we go back. I'm tired of people looking at me and talking about me when I'm not there. It's nice here because I just get to be with you, and no one else cares about me."

"We'll tell people when we're ready then. But that means no kissing me at the party tomorrow", Draco warned.

"You're wearing those pants aren't you?"

All Draco did was smirk and start cracking eggs into a bowl.

"We should firecall Neville though and wish him a happy birthday."

"I don't even know if he's home. Blaise was taking him out."

"I could totally be a matchmaker. I'll just write him a note and toss it through before we leave. I gave Kreacher instructions on how to have Scarhead Jr. deliver his gift."

"I sent Blaise over with a bow on his head."

"Is my final present you with a bow on your head? I think I'd like that very much."

"You'd like a rock if I gave it to you", Draco replied with a snort. "When did you want to head back though? 7pm here is midnight in London. Did you want to sleep here for one more night or head back to yours?"

"Sleep here. I want one more night of just us. Plus, we can get some more pizza before we go."

Harry truly knew the way to Draco's heart. Draco would have to take Harry on unexpected trips more often.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.6M 40K 66
β€’ Smut Warning β€’ Completed β€’ ~ Aria Rowen, A 7th year Hufflepuff returning after the Battle of Hogwarts. A certain Slytherin, coming back for his 8th...
18.3K 975 12
"Things haven't been quite the same There's a haze on the horizon, babe It's only been a couple of days and I miss you" Potionsmaster Draco Malfoy sw...
217K 10.3K 29
"It's one of the commandments after all Harry, love thy enemy." "I'm pretty sure that's not one of the commandments Ginny." "Oh whatever, he knows w...
17.8K 1K 8
A non-magical AU where Harry was adopted by Wolfstar and Draco just wants a friend of his own. The plot is centered around Halloween/horror themes. ...