Variations

By wizardsofmysticfalls

After the events that involved her uncle. Isabelle figured everything or almost everything would be smooth sa... More

β˜†CASTβ˜†
Omega - 1
Omega - 2
Omega - 3
Omega - 4
Omega - 5
Shape Shifted - 1
Shape Shifted - 2
Shape Shifted - 3
Shape Shifted - 4
Ice Pick - 1
Ice Pick - 2
Ice Pick - 3
Abomination- 1
Abomination- 2
Abomination - 3
Abomination - 4
Abomination - 5
Venomous - 1
Venomous - 2
Venomous - 3
Venomous - 4
Frenemy - 1
Frenemy - 2
Frenemy - 3
Frenemy - 4
Restraint - 1
Restraint - 2
Restraint - 3
Raving - 1
Raving - 2
Raving - 3
Raving - 4
Party Guessed - 1
Party Guessed - 2
Party Guessed - 3
Fury - 1
Fury - 2
Fury - 3
Battlefield - 2
Masterplan - 1
Masterplan - 2
Masterplan - 3

Battlefield - 1

266 3 0
By wizardsofmysticfalls

"I don't see the point of me being here." I said to Ms. Morrell. After the events that happened at the police station with Matt, what Stiles, Scott and I witnessed they made us take mandatory counseling at school. I hated it. 

Ms. Morrell folded her hands on her desk. Staring at me. "You were a witness to gruesome murder." 

I leaned back in the chair, fiddling with my necklace. "Not the first time." Morrell took an interest in that. "Tell me about your family?" 

I was taken back by the question. "What?" 

Morrell nodded. "Your family. More specifically the fire." Why on earth does she want to know that? "Everyone knows what happened with the fire." 

"What did you think at the time? You were about 10 years old. That kind of thing leaves an impression." 

I scoffed and crossed my arms. "I thought someone was after us. It did not leave an impression." 

Morrell raised an eyebrow. "Are you sure?" She pulled from her desk drawers a manila folder with my name on it. Has she always had that there? Wait why does she even have that? 

She crossed her arms over it. "Here is what I know. After the fire that killed most of your family you all ran and left Beacon Hills behind." 

"We did-" 

"You left because of the fear of being hunted but once that was gone you all came back."

I inhaled a bit annoyed and nodded. "Yes we did." 

"And coming back was more painful then you imagined." I hate her so much right now. She opened the file and began to read from the first page. "According to your records from the 7th grade when you came back your grades suffered, you had behavioral problems and were distant for awhile." 

What the frack. "That was years ago." She nodded in admittance and closed the folder. "True. But the experience stayed with you." 

She put the folders away and looked at me with narrow eyes like she was studying me. I was almost worried about what she would read. "You're defensive." Morrell said. "You are willing to do anything to save the ones you love. Your afraid you'll lose people so do you don't really expand your circle." 

I hold back the urge to run out of the room because I didn't want her to know she was somewhat right. Morrell leaned back in her chair. "Am I wrong?" 

•─────⋅☾ ☽⋅─────•

Morrell's words stuck with me. I didn't realize how much I had changed since then. I really was defensive. And willing to do anything. The fire changed me more then I cared to admit.

"Still no word?" I asked when I came down stairs to the living room. During everything that happened with Matt at the police station Isaac, Erica and Boyd ran away from the pack. And finding them was all that Derek and my parents were focusing on.

Derek said Erica and Boyd heard another pack. Which to all of us sounded weird. A werewolf can easily amplifying their voice. And there are no other packs in Beacon Hills that we know of.

"Nothing."

Mom was sleeping on the couch tired from tracking and Derek and my dad were eating some leftover lasagna for dinner. "Not even a scent?"

They both shook their heads, however they had that look in their eye, the same look they had whenever they were hiding something. "Nothing?" I prodded as I crossed my arms.

"Absolutely nothing?"

My dad gave me a pointed look, "No. Shouldn't you get to the game?"

I nodded, "I'm on my way now and I need the car." I went up to Derek and wrapped my arms around him and leaned my head against his and said all sing-songy - "Derek can I borrow your car?"

I didn't have to see his face to tell he was rolling his eyes as he dug out his keys from his pockets. "Thank you."

"Go be a normal teenage." I pecked his check and rushed off to the front door.

"Have fun!"

•─────⋅☾ ☽⋅─────•

"Is your dad coming?" I asked Stiles as I sat down in between him and Scott on the bench. We were at the lacrosse game, the last game of the season. And hopefully we were going to win.

Stiles nodded. "Yeah, he's already here."

I looked over my shoulder at the crowd of people at the bleachers to see Stilinski sitting in the crowd and next to him was Melissa. Things have been pretty tense between her and Scott ever since his secret came out.

My mom tried talking to her about it but she never came out of her room. If she's here I'm guessing she's finally come to terms with the fact her son is a werewolf.

"You seen Allison?" Stiles asked in return. "No." Not sure I want to. She was at the station to kill Derek, revenge for her mother. Scott has refused to tell her the truth, thinks it's better she doesn't know that her mother tried to kill him.

I say it's a load of bull. This is the second time she's been after me and my family. Derek has been laying low since.

"Have seen Lydia?"
I shook my head. "Not yet." I wasn't sure she was going to come.

I looked over at Scott. "You know what's going on? Because I sure as hell don't."
Scott sighed. "Not yet."

"It's gonna be bad, isn't it?" Stiles questioned. "Like, people screaming, running for their lives, blood, killing, maiming-kind of bad?"

I shrugged, "Looks like it."

Stiles sighed. "Scott. The other night, seeing my dad get hit over the head by Matt, you know, while I'm just lying there and I can't even move, it's just...I want to help, you know? But I can't do the things that you can do. I can't—"

I patted Stiles reassuringly. "It's alright."

"We're losing, dude."

"The hell are you talking about?" appeared Coach from behind us, squeezed his head in between all of us. Startling us for a second.

"The game hasn't even started!" He looked at Stiles. "Now, put your helmet on and get out there. You're in for Greenberg."

Stiles looked up at him stunned. "What? What happened to Greenberg?"

Coach scoffed, "What happened to Greenberg?" He sucks! You suck slightly less." He answered, making weight motions with his hands.

Stiles replied back flabbergasted. "I'm playing???" He questioned. "On the field??? With the team???"

"Yes, unless you'd rather play with yourself." Coach replied with sarcasm.

"I already did that today--" Stiles replied. "Twice."

I facepalmed myself as Coach yelled.  "Get the hell out there!"

"Ah!" Stiles exclaimed as he grabbed his stuff and hurried onto the field stumbling. "Goofball." I muttered after him.

"That's my son!" Scott and I both turned to look at Stilinski standing on the bleachers with his fist up in the air triumphantly.

I held back a laugh as I looked back into the field. That's where he gets it from then.

"Scott, can you hear me?" I looked up ahead in alarm when I heard Gerards voice, so did Scott. Which gave Gerard an answer.

"Good. Let's put a real clock on this game Scott. I'll give you until the last 30 seconds. When that scoreboard clock begins counting down from 30, if you haven't given me Derek, then Jackson is gonna kill someone."

Oh my god.

"So tell me Scott. Who's going to die tonight? Should it be your mother, who so bravely came out to support you? Or the sheriff, your best friend's father? Or how about the pretty little redhead who managed to survive the bite on an Alpha?"

Lydias here?

I turned around spotting Lydia with Melissa and Stilinski at the bleachers. Oh my goodness this is bad.

"Or maybe one of these innocent teenagers with their whole life ahead of them? Or should I do everyone a favor and kill that ridiculous Coach? It's up to you Scott. But you are going to help me take Derek down. Because if you don't...I'll have Jackson rip someone's head off right in the middle of the field and drench everyone you love and care about in blood. I hope this doesn't affect your friendship with Isabelle."

Like he even cares.

The referee blew the whistle and I pulled out my phone to text Derek, my fingers flying over the key board.

STAY THE HELL AWAY THE ARGENTS. DONT DARE DO SOMETHING ALPAHAIE.

"You can't just give Derek up to him, Scott." I said anxiously. I looked up to the field seeing Stiles with the ball before he was knocked down. I winced and looked back at Scott.

"If I don't he'll kill someone." He countered which was an extremely good point but this is my cousin we're talking about. He's like my brother. I can't just lose him like I lost Laura.

"I know!" I exclaimed in a harsh whisper as we both watched the game "But I mean—I can't—Oh," I said with a wince as Stiles was knocked down again.

Before I could continue my discussion with Scott the referee blew his whistle and Scott shot up from next to me. "Sit down McCall." Coach ordered, grabbing him and planting him back down.

"But Coach, we're dying out there!" Scott exclaimed, pointing out into the field.

"Oh, I'm aware of that! Now sit." Coach ordered him before going back to the rest of the players that were benched. Coach was going to put them out there first before he even put Scott out.

I turned my head when a familiar scent came sitting down next to us. Isaac in his lacrosse uniform smirked at both of our reactions. "Where the hell where you?!" I reached across Scott and slapped him silly on the shoulder. "We've been looking everywhere for you!!"

Issac smirked. "I've been around."

Scott stared at him. "You came to help."

Isaac ginned. "I came to win."

"You got a plan yet?" Isaac asked as he laced up his cleats.

Scott shook his head. "No. Right now, it's pretty much just keep Jackson from killing anyone."

"Well, that might be easier if you're actually in the game," Isaac commented. I nodded, fiddling with my necklace with nerves. "He's right. We have to give Coach no choice but to play you."

"How do we do that? He's got a bench full of guys he can use before he ever puts me on the field." Scott said exasperated.

I gave Scott a pointed look, waiting for him to realize how we were going to do it. Hello we're werewolfs. "Can do it without putting anyone in the hospital?" He finally said.

Isaac shrugged. "I can try." He put on his helmet and got on the field. I watched with anticipation as they started and Issac easily knocked down one of pur players.

"Lahey!" Coach yelled. "Ramirez, you're in."

Isaac again brought down our player so coach sent another in. "Murphy, you're in!"

I winced every time Isaac brought someone down and this happened at least 3 more times.

"LAHEY!" Coach exclaimed, flapping his arms around in fury. "Seriously, what the hell is your problem???"

I stood from the bench in fright when Jackson went on the field. Oh no.

"Isaac!" I exclaimed when Jackson brought him down on the field.

Scott and I rushed to him. I got on my knees and looked him over as Isaac just groaned. I looked at his twisted leg. It's not broken." Yeah try telling that to the paramedics. "But I can't move it. I think Jackson nicked me, 'cause I can feel it spreading."

Crap.

"You want to play chess, Scott? Then you better be willing to sacrifice your own pawns." Gerard told us.

Scott and I stepped aside being able to do nothing to get Issac away when the paramedics came in and took him.

"McCall." Coach called out, he slapped a helmet on Scotts chest and a stick looking rather defeated. "Either you're in, or we forfeit."

I almost cheered.

"Hey, something's happening, isn't it?" Melissa asked coming up to us on the field. "Something more than a lacrosse game?"

Considering this might be the first time they've talked since everything I probably shouldn't be here.

"I'm going to go watch Isaac," I told Scott. I look between them both. "I'll leave you two alone."

Normally whenever the paramedics take an injured player they cut through the school to get to the cars parked out front. Except they had left just a minute ago with Isaac. I should have caught up with them in a second. So then where the hell are they? Unless.

I froze when I heard the same sound I first heard when Gerard came into town and killed the omega, the sword.

Son of a bitch! Those paramedics weren't emts they were hunters!! Guess that answers my question.

I focused my hearing more and caught conversation, "It was a good effort, Isaac. It was. This would be so much more poetic if it were halftime."

It won't be poetic period.

I dropped everything and ran. I came to a stop in the boys locker room. Isaac stood, grinning when he saw me at Gerard who wielded the sword.

I draw my claws out and my eyes glowed as he turned around. "Hi."

There were three other hunters in the locker room. Good thing I don't see any guns. I run in. The hunters blocked my path to Gerard to save him.

The first one grabbed me and pushed me against the row of lockers. I growl and head butt him, making him stumble back. I grab ahold of his vest and launched him against the opposite wall.

The second one and I begin to fight, blowing punches. I grip his vest and hoist myself up, I begin to wrap my legs around him, making my way up to his neck. He tried pulling me off as I pressed two fingers to his neck, relax I wasn't going to kill him though I should. Having my fingers secured around him I twist.

Will you believe I learned this move from Peter when I was a kid?

He sways now unconscious and I fall with him, rolling into a crouch. I stand and crack my neck.

"What the hell was that?" Isaac questioned shocked. I grin. His eyes went wide, "Watch out!" Before I can even turn around I heard an arrow whirl in my direction.

"Ah!" It pierced my leg and then another pierced my shoulder. "God!"

I look over my shoulder to see the third hunter. God how did I miss him?

He grabbed his radio and spoke into it. "I got the Hale." Crap.

I took in some breath. Here goes nothing. I let out a roar of pain. Scott you better get your ass over here.

The hunter began to load up another arrow in his crossbow, this time he laced it with wolfsbane. Shit.

He aims but before he fires he's lifted into the air. I breathed in relief at Scott who tossed him to the side.

"Isabelle!" I groaned as I fell against the ground. "Ow."

"Where is he?" Scott asked as he looked around for Gerard. I groaned as Isaac sat me up. "He must have gone when Isabelle was taking the hunters down."

Yay. I let out a screech when Isaac pulled the arrow in my shoulder out. "Ow!"

I rub the spot. "That hurt!" He pulled the one in my leg before I could protest and I let out a screech of incoherent words.

"Well then where did he go?" Scott asked as he helped me to my feet. He said half-time. Half-time is in a few minutes. Oh my God. He led us here to get us out of the picture. My eyes widened in realization and looked towards Scott.

"The game."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

475K 18K 22
π–‡π–Žπ–™π–ˆπ–. ❛ ALWAYS BE IN YOUR CONTROL ❜ A hospital trip wasn't how Isabelle Nightly wanted the school dance to e...
16.5K 761 37
Season 2 Reimagined and Expanded. Derek tells the Runaways to get on Scott and his friend's good side, at all costs. Isaac might have taken his missi...
45.2K 845 16
[Book 2] Trust the instinct. Aria and Derek have been through a lot, and defeating the Alpha was only the beginning. Now bigger threats are coming a...
5.8K 119 10
Kate brings her daughter Avery Argent to Beacon Hills when she comes to get rid of the Alpha problem and just like that she was thrown into the super...