Wasn't looking for love till...

Von Belle_anie

After graduating from her University, Arabella succeeded in securing a job in New York, away from her home an... Mehr

AUTHOR'S NOTE.
1| New home and roommate
2| Shower and Mirror.
3| Living room and kitchen
4| Pizza and Movie.
5| Elevator and Car
6| Horns and bickers
7| Office room and Cupcake
8| Lunch and Talks
9|Sunset and Conversations
10|Nightclub and Dances
11| Shots and Hots
12| Breakfast and Blast.
13| Ideas and events.
14| Management and Works
15| Dinner and Kitchen.
16| Fight and Tight.
17| Gossips and Tea.
18| Searching and Shock.
20| Dances and Crowd
21| CEO and EX.
22| Boss and Past.
23|Couple and food
24| Dates and Storm.
25| Cafe and Emotions.
26| Caveman and Punches.
27| Restroom and Devils.
28| Monster and Cries.
29| Hands and Hearts.
30| Resentments and Rain.
31| Angelic voice and Melodious Laughters.
32| Visitor and Chocolate factory.
33| Apologies and Forgiveness.
34| Friends and Closeness.
35| Opening and Closing.
36| Pleasure and Pain.
37|Life and Miseries
38| Fingers and Announcement.
39| Toys and Shops
40| Little sister and Breakfasts.
41| Girl in red dress and Seminar.
42| Beautiful and Lioness.
43| Acknowledgments and Childhood memories.
44| Graveyard and Raindrops.
45| Guests and Anger
46| Orders and Troubles.
47|Brave and Queries.
48| Marriages and Pleas.
49|Blacks and Galas
50| Balcony and Mysterious man
51| Greyson and Carter.
52| Swaying and Twirling.
53| Growl and kiss
54| Texas and Bellevue.
55| Hospitals and Secrets.
56| Siblings and News.
57| Scars and Ecstasy.
58| Minister's son and family.
59| Dates and sea
60| Sister and Disappointment.
61| Revelations and Protection.
62| Inn and Candles.
63| Flowers and Stars
64| Offices and Home
65| No Dinner and Pancakes
66| Dad and Uncle
67| Party and Beach House
68| Cafes and Decors
69| Restaurant and Girl
70| Fire and Police
71| Genevieve and conscious
72| Apologies and Decisions.
73| Love and Goodbyes
74| Letters and draft
75| Isabella and Chocolates
76| Photoshoots and longing

19| Problems and Plans

632 28 3
Von Belle_anie

~~~

Guests' mirth and chatter filled the entire room.

After explaining to the young multimedia manager about the drive, I sighed and took a seat beside Mave and Jen, and as usual. they were arguing over nothing.

''You have to give him a chance'' Jen muttered angrily glaring at Mave.

Well, I guess they weren't after all fighting over 'nothing'.

''I don't want to, he will break your heart, and leave you just like all of your other 'boy toys' did, and you will have broken heart again! And shred tears, again! And I will have to see you cry, again!'' He lowly exclaimed grinding his teeth and closing his eyes.

''Guys'' I lowly said in between, ''Stop, we can talk about this later on. Alright?'' I added looking at both their faces. They didn't say anything, they just sat there being quiet.

I sighed.

''Is the issue resolved??'' Jen mumbled looking at me. I nodded.

''It's fixed'' I replied with a tight-lipped smile.

All evening, I was calm but right now my anxiety was growing; it always happened, whether it was a test or a presentation; I always got worried just before it begins.

Coming out of the multimedia room I couldn't help but rub my forehead; everything was messed up, but I couldn't say that to them, Jen was already over-stressing and Mave would just be angry at the event management.

I can handle this, I know I can.

''Why are tapping your foot like that? Everything's fine right?'' Mave asked placing a hand on my bouncing knee making me stop.

Knowing him for weeks, I understood that though Mave acted like a flirty teenager; he was a smart and intelligent man. He always grasped the straws.

''Yeah'' I let out an awkward laugh, ''ít's-it's just, I am nervous'' I stated with a puff of relief.

He didn't look convinced but nodded his head.

''It will be fine Sweetcheeks, don't worry'' He said winking at me. That made me laugh.

''Sweetcheeks? Really Mave?'' I asked bursting out into a fit of laughter and so did Jen.

''Idiot'' She muttered rolling her eyes yet her lips curved.

This is what Mave always did, he held the power and aura to make us smile. No matter, how much both of them fought, it's notable that they care deeply for each other. While Mave's worry for her is justified, Jen's want of having him and Jace share a good relationship is also understandable. I would also want my family and friends to accept the person I love.

If I ever fall in love, that is.

Growing up, I always desired to have that one special person, who will love me, cherish me and want me. I don't know if it were for the books I read, or for the characters I loved, but there was a time I dreamt of my prince charming, who never existed nor will ever exist.

That's when reality kicks in, no one is perfect in this world, and my perfect man doesn't exist in this evil world.

There is not my man out there, who will console me in my tears, who will love me at my worst, who will scold me for being reckless, and who will love me for being me.

I once did the mistake of giving away my heart to someone, who broke it into pieces; the pieces I lost in the sand. And the second one, I didn't even give him anything, so why did it hit like a thousand arrows seeing him that morning?

I felt an intense gaze on my face, but I couldn't see anyone when I looked around.

Love, the right person, the perfect husband, soul mate, this all look ridiculously good in books and novels but not in reality, because these things just don't exist. This is the bitter truth of reality and I have had enough bitterness for a lifetime.

Sitting on one of the chairs beside my two best friends; I, Arabella Oliver Brown, decide to not care about men or boys anymore. My sore focus will be fixed on my future, that's it.

I don't need men, I don't need a king to make me a queen when I am the one ruling the kingdom.

Someone loudly clears their throat in front of me drawing my attention to them. When I turn around I meet the man wearing a brown suit, Jacob.

''Ms. Brown, can I get a second?'' He asked looking at me with a perplexed expression.

I nodded. I knew why he needed me.

''Sure'' I nodded and rose from my seat. Jen and Maver stared at me with questioning eyes, I just shrugged as if I didn't know why he needed me and walked away with Jacob. 

We stood in a secluded place where fewer guests and more waiters were walking around with trays of glasses and plates.

''What's going on?'' He shrieked in terror keeping his voice low and glancing around to see if anyone was hearing us,

''I don't know'' I sighed rubbing my forehead.

''You told me everything was fine when I called you yesterday'' he furrowed his eyebrows.

''I did'' I nodded, ''that's because it was, I didn't know the dance team would ditch us at the last moment'' I looked away ashamed.

''Now, what do we do? The CEO and all the guests are here'' He groaned rubbing his forehead. I looked at him with dejected eyes,

This was all my fault, I shouldn't have brought up a plan which would have had its drawbacks.

''Jacob'' I softly called him, he raised his eyes to meet mine. His eyes were tensed while his posture was stiff with stress.

''I have a plan'' I told him holding determination in my eyes, his posture relaxed and his pearls shone.

''You do?'' He asked sounding hopeful, I nodded.

I didn't.

Please don't ask what it is.

''What is it?''

Fudge.

What do I say?

''Why don't you leave it to us, Jacob ''A new voice appeared behind me, I froze.

When I turned around I felt like banging my head on one of the walls, standing there with his hands crossed over his chest and leaning on one of the doors, was my dear best friend Maver.

What did I say to you about him being a smart and intelligent man?

I inwardly groaned and turned around with a tight-lipped smile to face Jacob.

''Yeah, we will handle this. Please go and enjoy the event'' I softly told him.

''I knew you would find a solution Ms. Brown'' he replied with his eyes shining with pride, which instantly made my chest heave.

What will I do?

''We will handle this'' Mave said standing beside me. Jacob hesitantly nodded and walked off. I kept staring at his retreating figure until there was nothing left to see.

''Nervous huh?'' Mave mocked me with his eyebrow raised, standing in front of me.

''I didn't want to stress you'' I mumbled rolling my eyes.

''Of course'' he rolled his eyes, ''Now what was your plan, Ms. Brown? What would you have said if I hadn't arrived?''

I remained quiet and looked away.

''That's what I thought'' he muttered ''stop keeping all the stress to yourself. Learn to share, you're not alone'' he added as calmly as possible yet his eyes held anger.

''Look I am sorry, alright? I just didn't want to stress you all. You guys seemed to be so carefree and happy after this disastrous week, I just didn't want to ruin it because of my-''

''It's not your fault. Do you get it? It's. Not. Your. Fucking. Fault'' he sternly told me looking into my eyes. I nodded.

Yeah, but it was. I didn't say that out loud.

''Now, I heard pieces of the story and I connected the dots that the dance team is not coming and they were supposed to do the opening?'' He asked in confusion.

Damn him for being so smart.

''Yeah, smartypants'' I muttered yet impressed.

He smirked but didn't retort.

Thank god.

''So why did they ditch us in the last moment?'' He asked, '' we should banish their career if they are being so careless and reckless, they shouldn't have taken responsibility if they cannot handle it'' he added angrily.

''Mave-''

''No, tell me the name. Let's -''

''Mave, it's not their effing fault. They had to perform in Costa Rica today morning and due to a sudden storm, their flights were canceled, it's not their fault'' I replied as calmly as possible.

''What's their name?'' He asked.

''Mav-''

''I am just asking their troupe name'' He rolled his eyes.

''The Beasts'' I muttered, and his eyes widened.

'' You invited 'The Beasts'?!'' He exclaimed.

''Yeah?'' I asked confused.

''As in the group in which the moonwalker Adam Ross is the leader?'' He exclaimed again.

I nodded my head yet held a confused demeanor.

''Are you fucking kidding me!! And they took in your offer?''

''Yeah, Mave can you-''

''Fuck, they are one of the leading dance troupes'' He cursed excitedly.

''Yeah, I know and they're not coming. So, can you please stop with your fangirling and think what we can do?'' I emphasized with a tight smile.

''Yeah, of course'' he muttered.

What can we do?

What can we do?

What can we do?

I chanted this question in my mind. 

 And suddenly the light bulb in my head shone. My eyes brimmed with excitement.

''You have got an idea'' Mave stated with a wide wicked smile.

''I do'' I grinned.

''And what is that?''

I stepped closer to him and whispered the plan in his ear. After hearing it Mave grinned as well.

''Amazing! It will solve all of our problems!'' He exclaimed fist-bumping in the air making me laugh.

''But do you think others will accept the idea?'' I asked unsurely.

''They will have to'' was his only answer, before he took my hand in his hold and walked inside the crowd.

~~~

AUTHOR'S NOTE.

Just a filler chapter, let me know about your thoughts on this chapter and what do you think is the plan? Although it's pretty obvious 😂  I would love to hear your assumptions.

Also, I noticed the reads on the book are increasing and I am eternally grateful for that, but the votes are still the same, I am not saying it's a bad thing that some people don't vote, it's totally up to you to vote, but your one vote is enough to make my day, I learn that people are enjoying my work and hence it encourages me to write more.

So, please if you enjoyed the chapter, please do click that star button ❤

See you in the next chapter!

Weiterlesen

Das wird dir gefallen

4.9M 102K 50
"Aiden..." I shake my head, eyes fixed anywhere but the gorgeous man next to me. His hand grips my chin tightly, just enough to make me avert my eye...
589 26 16
A forbidden love between a sister and her brother's best friend. Julia is a girl who lives in a dorm with many boys. They've been best friends since...
2.5M 74.8K 78
After being cheated on by her fiancé, the last thing Lydia wants to do is room with her brother and his 2 roommates, but what happens when she has no...
430K 7.9K 41
(Slowly re-writing) MATURE CONTENT (18+) What will your reaction. If a nerd of your college, you save from bully came out as A MAFIA BOSS....??? "...