Calypso and the Moon

By tearsonmytshirt

Calypso is a kind and happy girl, manoeuvring through life on her own accord. Having started a band with her... More

π™Έπ™½πšƒπšπ™Ύπ™³πš„π™²πšƒπ™Έπ™Ύπ™½
Beginnings.
Nostalgia.
Whiskey.
Sling.
Ice-cream.
Ramen.
Insomnia.
Paws.
Lucas.
Dudley Inc.
Vodka.
Birthdays.
Apologies.
Inlove.
Silver.
Confessions.
Promises.
Jail.
Evidence.
The Motion.
Adelaide.
Interruptions.
Cherry Tomatoes.
Knees.
Picnics.
Parties and Heartbreak.
Acceptance.
Painting.
Best friends.
Cookies.
Endings.
epilogue.
an

Dresses.

1K 41 9
By tearsonmytshirt

The ocean, warm and salty came up to Calypso's waist. She stood with her arms raised above her head and a cigarette dangling between her lips. Avery and Angela floated next to her, and for the first time in a long time, all three girls felt like they could finally breathe.

With work and the band, and Angela's studies, they rarely had a moment for themselves. A moment to breathe and to stop thinking. Calypso fell back, her back hitting the water. She floated between her two bestfriends, and blew out a puff of smoke.

"I think I'm inlove with Katerina,"

"I think I'm inlove with Adam,"

"I'm inlove with James,"

The girls merely smiled, having known all these facts about one another before they were spoken.

"Jack is gonna hate you," Avery said to Calypso, her eyes staring up at the sky. It wasn't cloudy, and the sun was directly above them.

"Why?"

"He's so fucking obsessed with you, Cal," Angela said. Calypso sighed, and closed her eyes. "Jack knows how I feel about him, and I'm sure he knows how I feel about James too," Avery hummed in agreement.

"You should give him closure, make sure he actually knows, ya know?" Angela said, and then Calypso hummed in agreement. The girls layed in silence for a while, enjoying the water and eachother company.

"Adam and I did it," Avery said. And Angela and Calypso's eyes shot open, and they looked at Avery, "Oh, my god! Really?"

"Katerina and I did it too,"

Avery and Calypso spun to Angela, and the three bestfriends stared at eachother, and then giggled as they spoke about their moments with their lovers.

It wasn't much later than that when Avery complained about the sun and how pruney her fingers were, so the girls swam ashore. Calypso grabbed her towel and tied it around her figure, looking for her own sun.

And there he was, her pretty sun.

Standing next to Adam and laughing at something, beer in hand. His hair was wet and dropping onto his back, skin caramel and warm. A cigarette hung loosely from his lips and he took it between his fingers, blowing a puff of smoke out.

She smiled at him when he turned and looked for her, and he winked at her, sending her butterflies rampid in her chest.

"Come with me to the car," Avery said, and Calypso rolled her eyes at the order and followed behind her friend. She hung the towel on a camp chair when she passed it. Avery rummaged through her bag, half laying and half standing in Adam's car.

"Calypso?" A voice suddenly spoke, and Calypso turned around swiftly. Deep, brown eyes met with hers and blonde hair brushed messily.

"Eddie! My god, what are you doing here?" She smiled at him, and pulled him into a quick hug. "I came down for my parents anniversary party! Was actually sad to see you weren't there," He smiled warmly, "Yeah, I came down for the weekend with a few friends," Avery then stood next to her, and Calypso put a hand on her back, "This is Avery Christian, my best friend. Aves, this is Edward Jefferson, you know, Jefferson from the clinic?" Avery nodded slowly, and smiled up at the boy. He extended his hand, and she took it and shook it lightly.

And then a large, warm hand met Calypso's back and she peered up at James, smiling widely. His face was set hard though, eyes setting the boy alight as he looked up at him. Eddie stood at a proud six-foot-one, but James looked nearly gigantic next to him. Shoulders wide and back, his eyes trailed over Eddie.

"Hey man, Eddie Jefferson," He introduced himself, extending a hand to James. James looked at his hand, then at him and when Calypso gave him the look, he released his jaw.

"The boyfriend."

Was all he said, and shook his hand for a second. He then looked down at his angel, and she was smiling up at him. "Food's ready," He said. His eyes looked like warm oceans, and Calypso would give anything to swim in them.

Then, Avery spoke, "You goin' anywhere? You wanna come have lunch with us?" The boy smiled happily, his eyes twinkling, "Yeah, sure! If it wouldn't be a hassle, though," Calypso shook her head quickly, "Not at all! Come on,"

All the while, James was staring at Calypso, almost telling her with his mind that he hated the idea. But alas, the two followed his angel and her friend to where they set up camp. James was growing steadily agitated at the boy walking closer than needed to his sunshine.

Calypso introduced Eddie to everyone, and passed him a plate. Calypso smiled at the boy, and then he said, "Oh, I don't eat meat, actually,"

James and Adam shared a look as James chewed on a piece of meat, and Adam stifled a laugh. "What you eat then?" He asked, teasingly. Avery smacked him on his arm, "That's okay, Eddie." He smiled apologetically at Calypso, and she grinned widely at him, telling him with that that's it okay.

The group ate, and drank, and teased Calypso for her inability to hold her breath for longer than five seconds. James leaned back on his chair, across from Calypso. He took a sip from his beer, taking in her figure as she sat. Full, round hips and perfect posture. Her legs were crossed infront of her, and as she found his eyes suddenly. She brought her tomato sauce covered fingers to her lips, and full lips enclosed around them. She stared at her sun, her lips sucking her fingers clean.

James watched her, his lips pulled into a smirk. He took a drag from his cigarette, and nodded to the back of him where the cars stood. Calypso giggled, and shook her head.

James raised his brows, asking her again. She shook her head again, harder this time. James tsked, and stood. Calypso laughed and followed behind him, standing and putting her dirty dish away.

Calypso, having been in the sun for five continues hours, was burned to a crisp. Her nose, shoulders and arms were bright red, and so were everyone else's. James on the other hand, was just a darker shade, the sun definitely choosing him as his favourite.

There was an outdoor shower around the corner of the ice-cream parlour, and Calypso grabbed a dry towel and made her way towards it. She turned it on, the water being freezing cold and stood under it. She hummed a tune to herself as she scrubbed away the salt and ocean water from her skin.

Not even five minutes later, she turned around and saw James leaned against the wall, his eyes raking over her. She groaned softly, "Stop fucking me with your eyes, James," He snickered, "Well, let me fuck you then," Calypso giggled, and raised her head upwards, allowing the water to run through her locks.

Then, she felt a steady hand snake around the back of her neck and she gasped as lips met with her neck. "Come on," She laughed, "James, please," The man groaned softly against her neck, and then pushed her against the wall. James' lips lapped across her neck, tasting salt and water on her skin. Her hands came up to his chest, attempting to push him from her.

"Please, Cal,"

"Stop, James," She laughed, her hands coming up to his chest again. He tsked, and took them in one of his hands. She whined, and squirmed against him.

"Come on, I'll do that thing," He said once he faced her again, his brows lifting for a second as he smirked. Calypso laughed, and successfully pushed him away from her. He sighed dramatically, "God, you're difficult," She tsked at him, turning the knob. "You're just horny," James hummed, then said, "Yeah, so help me out," Calypso giggled again, her cheeks bright red and not from the sun.

As Calypso dried her off, James leaned against the wall, staring out at the ocean to try and calm his erection. She peered at him, "You need a moment?" She asked. James closed his eyes, "Don't talk, you'll make it worse," Calypso hummed, and as she walked passed her sun, she pressed a kiss against his lips.

And then, his arms latched around her waist and he pulled her back, his lips crashing into hers. She whimpered against his mouth, and he brought a hand behind her head, tilting her head up. He kissed her and smiled at her soul, as he always does. His hands roamed her body, making sure every part of her was marked by him.

Then a voice called out to Calypso, and James groaned against her. She laughed softly, ignoring the heat the pooled between her legs at his roughness. She pushed him away again, and gave him a wink.

"You fucking tease," He muttered, smirking. Calypso hummed as she walked, her sunglasses propped on her nose bridge. As she reached the Nissan, she opened the door and slipped on a white sundress over her bikini.

"We're all going out to dinner tonight, wanted to know if you guys wanted to come along?" Avery smiled and popped a piece of bread into her mouth.

"We'll be going alone, actually," James suddenly said behind her, and she turned, "We will?" James nodded, "I'm taking you on a date, pretty girl," Calypso's hurt snapped up to her throat, and she chewed on her lip nervously. James pressed a kiss to her temple as she looked down at her phone, and seeing that it was four right Joe, she'd have enough time to go home and change.

"I wanna take you shopping," James said then, leaning against the Nissan. Calypso paled, "No," She said simply. James rolled his eyes, "Calypso, let me spoil you," Calypso shook her head, ignoring the way her chest hurted. "You're not spending any more money on me, I cut you off. Can't you remember?" James raised a brow at her, "Tell me, how much was this?" He asked, motioning to the ring on his finger. Calypso swallowed, knowing that if she told him, he'd lose it.

So, she lied, "Like thirty dollars," James then took a step closer, staring down at her. "Don't lie to me," He warned, his voice making the hairs stand up on her arms. She sighed, defeated, "I spent around two thousand dollars today, you know, nothing big," James' nostrils flared, and his pulse quickened.

"Calypso-"

"James, baby, don't be mad,"

"I'm not fucking mad,"

"You look mad,"

James couldn't help the way his lips tugged up, and she smiled when she noticed it. The butterfly pecked his lips, then strutted past him. He hated that she spent money on him,but somewhere in his mind he liked it too, being spoiled. And so, James called three shops and told him that he'd be coming, and opened an account.

James joined the group, and without Calypso knowing, he bid everyone a goodbye and prepared himself for Calypso.

"Hey, honey,"

She was sitting with Angela, smoking and sipping on a glass of water. She smiled up at him, "Hm?" She hummed, and James crouched down to her sitting body.

"Can we go?" He asked, and watched as she looked at Angela, who gave her a wink and stood up, and then back at James.

"Where are we going?" She asked as they got into his car. James stayed silent, and when she asked again, he gave her a look. She huffed at that, and glared at him. James slipped a crew neck over his body, and rolled up the sleeves.

James pulled into the road and smiled at his butterfly. She raised her brow at him, "Where are we going?" She asked again, and James groaned, "Christ, Calypso." She giggled, "Just answer me and I'll stop, baby," He sighed, rolling his eyes, "Shopping."

Calypso groaned, and let her hands run over her sunburnt face. "I said I don't wanna go," She whined, and James simply shushed her.

The car was silent, both basking in the Summer heat and watching thr people around them as they drove to the city. Calypso was staring at James though, as she did often. His jaw ticked as he clenched and unclenched it, his eyebrows pinched with focus. His hand then came up to him face and he ran his hand through his hair, pushing the fallen strands back.

She smiled at him, the chain she had bought him was still around his neck, and so was the bracelet and rings. She then leaned over the seat, and pressed a kiss against his cheek.

"What was that for?" He asked, his lips turning up into a smile. She shrugged, and looked out of her window again.

Then, her sun reached for her and gripped the back of her neck, and turned her to him. He leaned to her, his eyes still on the road and then they snapped to her, and he pressed a kiss against her lips.

She let out a breathy moan, and when she opened her eyes again, James was smirked at her. She frowned, "Another one," She said. James shook his head, "I'm driving, baby," She tsked at him, and leaned back in her seat.

Soon, the pair stopped infront of a fancy-looking boutique. James lifted his sunglasses from his nose, and as he stepped from his car, Calypso noticed a redhead and blackhead stop in their tracks, staring at him with wide, lustful eyes.

James hooked the sunglasses around his creneck, raised a sculpted brow at them. "Can I help you?" He asked, and the girls giggled softly.

Calypso clenched on her jaw, the familiar feeling bubbled in her chest, and she rounded the car and stood next to James. The girls' eyes snapped to her, and she too raised a brow at them. The redhead lifted her brow, her eyes trailing over Calypso. Then, she leaned to her friend and whispered something to her, and both girls snickered.

Calypso looked up at James, and noticed his narrowed eyes and clenched jaw, so she slipped her hand in his and pulled him forward, her green eyes boring into the redhead, setting alight her skin as she walked.

Calypso didn't say anything after that, only simple yes' and no's. James had spoken to the owner of the boutique, while Calypso looked out of the window, her mind running laps.

"Calypso?"

Her head snapped to James, and watched as he held a hand infront of her. She smiled, putting her hand in his. He pulled her to the back of the shop where a dressing room stood, and then he planted himself on a crisp white couch infront of the rooms.

"What am I doing?" She asked, and James pointed a slender finger to a rack next to the door. "Come show me," He smiled up at her, and nervousness made her chew on her bottom lip. James spread his legs and rested his arms on the back of the couch, taking up as much space as he wanted.

And so, without protest, Calypso obeyed. She pulled the first dress from the rack, it being a plain red dress.

Calypso hanged it on the hook inside the dressing room. And looking at it made Calypso's heart hurt. She'd never look good in a dress that looked like that, and with that thought, she sat on the small bench in the room, with her face in her hands and she bit on her bottom lip, focusing on the pain so her tears wouldn't spill.

She didn't allow herself to cry about things like this, but the way the redhead had looked at her made her heart sit in her throat, and her silence throughout the rest of the time leading up to this point, was so James wouldn't hear the way she held back her tears.

She heard the door open then, and she stood, and when James pushed open the curtain, she smiled at him. James had noticed her silence, and he had guessed that it was because of the redhead infront of the shop, but he didn't want to bring it up just yet.

"Hey, you," He said, smiling. Calypso said a small, "Hi," and James stepped into the dressing room. "You're not wearing the dress," He stated and Calypso nodded. "You wanna talk about it?"

And that's when Calypso's bottom lip quivered, and she looked down at the floor. James leaned down, throwing his arms around her shoulders. "Look at me," He said into her hair, and she looked at him through the mirror.

"Look at that face," He said, "So pretty, so, so fucking pretty," He mumbled, pressing a kiss to her temple. She sniffed, a tear escaping her eye and rolling down her cheek. James then turned her around, and she looked down, her hands coming up to the hem of his crew neck, and she fiddled with it when James tilted her head towards him.

"You can't let people get into your head, honey. You're the prettiest girl ever," He praised, the pads of his thumbs caressing over her cheeks. "And you're my good girl, aren't you?" She chewed on her bottom lip, nodding.

"But, I-I can't wear a dress like that,"

"And why not?"

Calypso shrugged, and James tsked softly and pulled her into his chest, his warmth making her sigh contently into him. "Show me the dress, baby," She sniffed, wiping her eyes. James took a step back, and she raised a brow, "Get out then," James rolled his eyes, his lips tilting into a smile.

Calypso stripped from her clothes, kicking them to the side. She stepped into the dress and pulled it over her figure. It made her look taller, if that was even possible. Her boobs squished together, making them look larger than always. And she smoothed her hands down the fabric, and chewed on her bottom lip.

She wronged her fingers together, another one of her nervous habits. She opened the dressing room door and stepped out. James was standing, his back towards her. He was talking to the owner, his arms folded across his chest.

Calypso looked up, and then she made eye contact with the owner, and smiled. James followed the owners gaze, and when his eyes found hers and he raked over her, his lips parted.

"Holy shit," He cursed, walking towards her. He stood infront of her, and she smiled shyly. She stood on her tippy toes, and did a spin. James' face was one of shock, his plump lips parted and eyes wide as he took her in.

"God, please, please wear that forever,"

She laughed, "I can't wear this forever, hon," James swallowed thickly, "Atleast wear it tonight then," She hummed, and pulled the tag from under the dress. Her eyes nearly bulged from her head, and she looked up at a smirking James.

"You can't buy this,"

"Change so I can buy that,"

She groaned, "James, you're not buying this dress," He raised a brow at her, and took a step forward. His fingers took the tag from her, and he plucked it from the dress. Calypso yelled, and James pushed a lock of her fading purple hair behind her ear.

"I can do whatever I want, baby." She shook her head slowly, "James-" Her interruption was his lips against hers, he pressed a quick kiss to shut her up, and he smiled when it worked.

After more complaining, Calypso came out from the dressing room with the dress in hand. She had put on her first outfit, but not before she practically begged James to not buy the dress. He set it onto the counter, and his phone rang, all colour leaving his face when he looked down at it. He walked outside, and Calypso noticed the moon right above him, and she greeted the moon with a wide smile, and as he always did, he smiled back at her.

Calypso thanked the cashier, and followed behind James. He was leaned forward on the boot of the car, and Calypso walked past him and leaned against her door, examining the sunset. It made her face glow with orange and red, and after a few curses and eye rolls, James finally finished his call.

He clicked the button and the doors unlocked, and Calypso opened her own door this time, James being far too in his head to do it for her.

He stayed silent throughout the first half of the way home, only humming when Calypso would ask him a question. It was when Calypso's phone rang in her pocket, that he finally looked at her.

"Hello, Eddie,"

"Hey, Cal. I was wondering if you would want to attend a party I'm throwing later? Just a few mates and a shit ton of beer," Calypso chewed on her bottom lip. "I'm actually doing something later," Eddie was silent for a second, but then he laughed softly and said, "Come after. I'll see you soon, Cal," He ended the call swiftly, and as Calypso lowered the phone, she looked AT James.

His eyes were focused on the road, hard and cold. She swallowed, "Eddie just invited us to a party," James scoffed softly, "Us, or you?" Calypso's eyes fell to her lap, and she mumbled a soft "Me,"

"Do you want to go?"

"Not without you,"

James hummed. Calypso looked out of the window, deciding that she'd rather stay home with James after dinner. She opened her mouth to say something, but James beat her to it, "You should go if you want to, Calypso,"

His butterfly frowned at him, and the tension in the car grew so thick that Calypso neatly choked. James was the calmest angry she had ever seen, and so she decided to him softly, and then she looked out of the window again.

Once the sun and the moon arrived at home, Calypso didn't even wait for the car to come to a full stop. She slammed the door, and James followed behind her, slamming his own door. She waited for him at the front door, staring down at her feet.

When he unlocked it, he leaned against the door frame, stopping Calypso from getting in.

"Tell me why you're pissed,"

She rolled her eyes, and used all her strength to push past him. He sighed as he followed her inside, slipping his crewneck from his body. Calypso kicked off her shoes, and walked up the stairs.

"Tell me why you're pissed, then I'll tell you, James,"

She called down from atop the stairs, and James looked up at her, "I'm not pissed, Calypso," The girl rolled her eyes again, and pushed open their bedroom door. She pulled her dress from her head and dropped it ontop of her suitcase, followed by her bathing suit. She closed the bathroom door behind her and groaned.

There was a knock on the bathroom door, "Baby-" She turned on the water, swiftly cutting him off. She stepped in, and shuddered as the scalding hot water ran down her back. The door opened then, and she groaned, "Why are you pissed, James?"

He found his seat ontop of the toilet, leaning his forearms ontop of his thighs, "I'm not pissed, Calypso," She swiftly pushed open the shower door, her eyes narrowed into green arrows, "You're a fucking terrible liar," James narrowed his own eyes at her, his patience running thin.

"Watch your mouth,"

She tsked at him, her own patience ran through. "You're pissed, and you don't wanna tell me," She stated, and James rolled his eyes, "Ditto," She groaned softly, rinsing the Vanilla shampoo from her hair. She finished in the shower without another word from her or James. He hadn't left yet, and she grabbed a towel, covering her body as she stepped out.

James watched she covered herself and opened the bathroom door, successfully avoiding eye contact with him. He followed behind her, and found his seat at his desk. Calypso turned then, her arms folded over her chest.

James sighed, "Work stuff, hon," Calypso nodded, "And what else?" James couldn't help but roll his eyes at her ability to read him, and so he said, "I don't want you to go to that party tonight, and I don't want you to ever leave my side, forever,"

Calypso smiled, "Then I won't go to the party," James sighed again, but Calypso spoke again, "What else, James?"

And then, James patience finally ran through, "There's shit I don't tell you, Calypso. So, can we drop this?" Calypso frowned at him, "You're being fucking ridiculous, James,"

They looked at eachother for a second, Cakypos's eyes hard, and unwavering. James just looked at her, and wondered how she'd react if he told her everything.

And with that thought, he finally opened his heart, ignoring how his mind protested. "My parents were murdered when I was fifteen, and I found them." He said quickly. Then he said, "And no one knows who did it, except for me and Adam. He was there when it happened, and-and just as he came downstairs, I came inside for the front yard,"

He hadn't noticed Calypso infront of him until she put her hand on his cheek, the fire causing James' heart to slow, and his mind to clear.

"Who did it?" She asked, her voice just above a whisper. It was then that James also noticed how his eyes had blurred, and when he blinked, he felt a fat, salty tear drip onto his cheek.

And then, when he spoke the next words, Calypso felt a chill run down her spine, and her fingertips suddenly turned cold. She felt the air leave her lungs, and when she took a step back, James noticed her eyes shift.

The moon frowned along with the girl, and Calypso felt cold, her lip quivered and out of fear, this time, she chewed on her bottom lip as she stared into the eyes of a murderer.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

46K 1.8K 33
β€’THIS IS A WORK OF FICTION!!!β€’ ________________________________________________ α΄‹Ιͺᴍ α΄›α΄€α΄‡ΚœΚα΄œΙ΄Ι’ is the CEO of 𝐍𝐒𝐚𝐠𝐚𝐫𝐚𝐩𝐨𝐩𝐨. He is Cold & Angry...
84 19 10
Verena Lee, famous singer and a bold, money hungry member of the band The Heartstrings, a group of six girls, talented and beautiful. She's got a per...
130K 4K 25
Two entirely different people , one contract marriage as a deal but now Miss CEO has fallen harder & harder . What will she do now ?? Highest ranks...
1.8K 175 18
Love is beautiful, right? But at the same time, it can be a cruel and a complicated thing. Afraid of not finding the right one, Y/n was against the...