Ghosts βœ”οΈ

By SettleDown1D

A postwar fic where Harry barely speaks anymore, and no one understands him the way Draco Malfoy does. One ap... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17:
Chapter 18:
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 60
Chapter 61
Chapter 62
Chapter 63
Chapter 64
Chapter 65
Chapter 66
Chapter 67
Chapter 68
Chapter 69
Chapter 70
Final Author's Note
Sequel
Completion!
Thank You / Other Works

Chapter 53

13.7K 532 376
By SettleDown1D

Harry was having an absolutely wonderful day. The sun was shining, the water was refreshing, and he had Draco with him. Draco was wonderful company, even if he spent the majority of his time trying to dunk Harry.

"I'm starting to think you're looking for excuses to touch me."

"No, I'm clearly trying to drown you but you're too stubborn."

"Maybe if you worked out with me you could do this!", Harry yelled, tossing Draco over his shoulder.

"Potter! Put me down!", Draco squealed, fighting to keep the laughter out of his voice.

"Oh you want me to drop you? Right here in waves? Well if you have insist-"

"Harry stop!"

"Are you going to stop trying to dunk me?"

"Yes! For today at least", he trailed off.

"That's better than nothing. I accept."

Harry slid Draco down his body, balancing him on his hip. Draco wrapped his arms around Harry's neck for stability.

"You're a terror, do you know that?", Harry asked, amusement shining across his face.

"Don't pretend like you don't love it. You said you liked a challenge."

"I love you. Most of the time at least."

"You just love to tease me don't you? You're lucky I love you too Potter."

"I'm the luckiest guy in the world."

Of course, the universe took that moment to humble Harry. A big wave came out of nowhere, knocking the two men down. Draco did his best to shelter Harry, knowing he would get the brunt of the force. It was to no avail, as both men fell over, Draco now straddling Harry's hips.

"Oof! Are you okay Scarhead?"

Harry shot water out of his mouth like a fountain, and Draco laughed.

"Never better."

"So much for being the luckiest guy in the world huh, Potter?"

"I don't know, I think I like this position better than the previous one", Harry flirted, placing his hands on Draco's hips.

"If you have a drowning kink please let me know, and we can explore that in a safe environment, that isn't the open ocean."

"Are you up for that?", Harry asked devilishly, rubbing his thumbs in circles on Draco's hips.

"I think you've had too much sun. Let's go inside now darling before you actually drown."

"You're no fun", Harry replied with a pout, nevertheless allowing Draco to get up and pull Harry with him.

"You won't be either with your lungs full of water."

"Fine. What do you suppose we do then?"

"Shower and then dinner?"

"I can get behind that."

Harry helped Draco pack everything up, and then they headed inside.

"I'll shower down here, and you can use the bedroom shower?", Draco offered. "There's towels and everything up there already for you."

"Perfect. Wear something that you don't mind if it gets a little messy."

"One of your shirts, got it."

With a good natured roll of his eyes, Harry went upstairs to grab some clothes and take a shower. All he could think about was how absolutely wonderful Draco was. This day had been perfect, and it wasn't even his birthday yet. For once, he was filled with genuine excitement at the prospect of a new day.

He showered quickly, not wanting to miss any time with Draco. Draco, of course, was taking his time so Harry turned on some music and started planning out dinner.

About 10 minutes later, Draco strolled in the kitchen to find Harry singing and dancing along to Taylor Swift, getting out all of the ingredients he needed.

"You're listening to Taylor without me?! I want a divorce."

"I put the playlist on shuffle, and you were taking forever. I'm ready to start, so wash your hands."

"Ooh, feeling demanding are we?"

"I'll even be kind enough to restart the song for you."

"So, what are we making?"

"How does fresh ravioli sound?"

"Complicated."

"Perfect, because I'll be showing you how to make them!", Harry replied cheerily.

"What's the other option?"

"Cooking the chicken and praying you don't give us salmonella poisoning."

"Ravioli it is. I'll make the best ravioli you've ever seen."

"Seen is one thing, taste is another", Harry joked.

Dodging Draco's poor attempt at hitting him, Harry grabbed the flour and eggs.

"You know, I don't think this kitchen has ever actually been used."

"We're breaking it in together then. I'm honored to help you cook your first meal. I'm genuinely surprised that you have a pasta maker though."

"Mother's hobbies come and go. When she gets tired of things she sends them away to our various summer homes. This was where most of her cooking appliances went I suppose."

"Lucky us then. Now, let me teach you how to make a well."

Cooking with Harry was actually a lot of fun. Draco had been stressed, terrified even, but Harry was a very patient teacher. After each doing their part to make the meal, Draco was sitting on the counter, watching Harry finish up.

"Hey Scarhead?"

"Yes Prince?"

"Would you be my potions partner this year?"

"Why on earth would you want me as your potions partner?"

"Oh come off it. You're a lot smarter than people take you for. The potion we brewed together worked. You cook and bake and you're bloody brilliant at it, and now I can see the similarities between the three. I can make homemade pasta dough now for Salazar's sake because you helped me! I believe you can do well if you're given the proper help."

"If you're sure I won't slow you down, then I would love to."

"I can't believe McGonagall is letting us room together on top of all of this. Do you think it's going to be weird?"

"Prince, we spend a lot of our free time together already, and besides, we've slept over each other's houses countless times. I'm really looking forward to being able to spend more time with you.

Plus, it gives us an excuse to slowly become friends in public. Anything that happens we can blame on McGonagall. We still pick fights with each other all the time, but they're more teasing. I don't think anyone is going to know the difference. Besides, we can't fight if I don't speak."

"You bring up some excellent points, Scarhead. I look forward to being your roommate."

"After how today has been going? So am I."

"I'm going to spend some time this summer looking into advanced locking charms. I'm not having anyone walk in on us if we're cuddling. Pansy and Blaise don't like to knock."

"Yeah, Ron just barges in, but I'm sure he won't be visiting much. He'll expect me to keep going to his room. He might be upset that we're not sharing a room this year, but I'd honestly rather share with you. McGonagall gave us the perfect excuse to spend all of our time together, and almost no one knows any better."

"Manipulating the words of our Headmistress for your own personal gain? How very Slytherin of you Potter", Draco replied, feigning shock.

"If you ever need anything, you tell me and I'll put the request in."

"Maybe you should do some things for you darling."

"I'm happy when you're happy."

"That's why I'm doing things for you now. Are you having a good time so far?"

"Draco I'm having one of the best days I've ever had in my whole life."

"You're not just saying that?", Draco replied self-consciously.

"To be fair, the bar is on the floor, but yes. You also make some beautiful looking ravioli."

Dinner passed by with more laughter, lots of smiles, and some light hand holding. They watched the sunset from a window seat in the living room, cuddled up together.

"Alright, it's 9pm here, 2am in London. Do you fancy a movie before bed?"

"You have a tv here?"

"I do now. I picked one up a few days ago, and you're the poor fool who has to help me hook it up."

Half an hour later, Harry was laughing at Draco's blatant lack of following instructions. Draco had now been sent off to sit in the bed, where he had his arms crossed over his chest in a huff.

"Okay Malfoy, it's all hooked up."

"Good. Now login to all of your accounts so we can watch something."

"Mooching off of me now are we? I pay for all of those", Harry teased.

"I bought the tv, that's enough contribution. I'm going to put my pajamas on. I keep it fairly cold in here because I like blankets. Is that alright?"

"Perfectly fine."

When Draco left the room to change, Harry quickly changed into pajama pants. Draco found him shirtless once again, checking out his tan in the mirror.

"Sunlight looks good on you Potter."

"Everything looks good on me."

"I bet nothing looks best on you though."

"Is that a request?", Harry teased, fingers playing with the elastic of his pajama pants.

"I'm too tired tonight, maybe tomorrow."

"What are we doing tomorrow?", Harry asked, slipping on a shirt and getting into bed next to Draco.

"We're actually going out tomorrow, if you're up for it."

"I think it could be fun. I've never been to America so it'll be nice to explore."

"I'm going to spoil you, and there's nothing you can do about it", Draco responded, snuggling into Harry.

"I'm going to save my breath, there's no use protesting when it comes to you."

"Good, you've finally learned. Now, what movie are we watching?"

{Hi besties, we've decided on a discord group chat so if you want to chat with some other readers as well as myself, you can private message me your user if you haven't already, or drop it here! I'll make it in few days to give everyone time to join. Lots of love, ~ J}

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

34.2K 1.3K 16
Harry and Draco's relationship needs a little help in developing. That's where Teddy comes in. Cover fan art credit to: @aria-dunn on Tumblr Started...
1.6M 40K 66
β€’ Smut Warning β€’ Completed β€’ ~ Aria Rowen, A 7th year Hufflepuff returning after the Battle of Hogwarts. A certain Slytherin, coming back for his 8th...
61.3K 3.3K 25
Artist! Harry and Businessman! Draco Muggle AU. Or the one where Harry's fax machine buttons are so covered in paint that he mistypes his intended p...
68.9K 2.3K 23
Draco doesn't care what Harry thinks as long as it's about him. Cover art by @VikConder on instagram Started: February 12, 2023 Completed: November 2...