Dive into the Ocean, Walk int...

By Koushilicious

What would happen if a merman prince with heart as pure as milk meets a human who doesn't even care to others... More

Prologue
Characters
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
π™°πš—πš—πš˜πšžπš—πšŒπšŽπš–πšŽπš—πš
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Good Day!
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Epilogue

Chapter 29

984 79 45
By Koushilicious

Jake and Sunoo watch their other four housemates with eyebrows stitched together, curious as to what got into them. They watched the four sit across from them with a glance that Sunoo thinks there's something that they need.

Jay then first cleared his throat then decided to gain all of his confidence to ask Jake. "Uhmm hi hehe" he started, making Sunoo and Jake more confused. "So, we'll be having another mission this Wednesday evening in a bar and.. we kinda, you know, short of member" Jay said and pursed his lips. "And actually, about that, we've decided to seek help from our most generous, most handsome and most considerate housemate" Jay said with softness in his voice, desperate to persuade the younger. "That depends if he's willing to help this time" Jay said and looked at Jake. "Jake, will you?" he asked.

Jake then jolted on his seat as he pointed to himself with a questioning look. "Oh me? Oh...kay then what kind of help do you need?" he asked the others.

"Well, so basically, all of us already have our own roles for this mission but we need someone this time to distract, entertain and sit beside the target, someone new preferably, not to make any of us familiar" Jay said and leaned closer to whisper something. "This is the second time we'll be stealing something with this man"

And with that, Jake just laughed at what he said. "So what kind of decoy do you need?"

Jay then held his chin to think about the target person. "Mr. Jeong is actually known as a flirt, regardless of gender. He likes pretty people with a charming smile, and that's what his weakness is. He's really hands-on with his business that he wants to give the items to his customer by himself so using someone to distract him with protecting the item will surely be a good thing for us" Jay explained to Jake and Jake nodded.

"So if ever I agree, I just have to have chit chats with him and get the items from him?" Jake asked with his head slightly tilted, making Jay enthusiastically nodded to him.

"But hyung, remember. We are not forcing you to help us with this one. We'll give you time to think about this thing and just agree if you really want to" Niki intruded while Jake was thinking deeply about the offer.

A moment of silence then wrapped around them as Jake deeply thought about the said mission while the others were patiently waiting for his response. "Uhmm well, it's kinda not that hard though. Besides, I really wanted to help the team" Jake said and turned his head to Sunoo, as if he was asking for his permission or ask if it is a right choice to agree, but Sunoo just gestured to him, telling him that this is a crucial subject that should be thought about more than once.

And with that, Jake inhaled sharply as he turned back his gaze to the Veleno members and smiled a little. "Ahh.." he started with a hesitance in his voice. "I-I will. I'll help you with this one"

They all blinked at his answer as Niki stood up in his seat, Jungwon covered his hand on his mouth due to shock, Jay and Sunoo smiled at him and Sunghoon literally froze like a statue.

"Are you sure about that, Jake? I don't want you to do things for us but end up regretting things" Sunghoon told him while Niki and Jay casually celebrated beside him.

"Yeah. When I say that I really wanted to help you, I mean it. I'll help, but only for this one" Jake answered , which just made Sunghoon sigh deeply in his seat.

Their eye contact then was cut off when Niki happily jumped toward him. "Hyung, thank you so much. I promise to buy you Homerun balls or whatever you wanted without price restriction when the mission ends" Niki told him and gave him an embrace, making him giggle in his place.

"Alright, alright. I'll be anticipating that" Jake just answered before Sunoo spoke.

"How about me? I wanted to help too" Sunoo said, gaining all of their attention.

"We only need one member, Sunoo hyung. Besides, we don't want to bring you much hassle" Jungwon told him.

"Yeah, right. You are not going anywhere" Niki said and crossed his arms on his chest as he sat beside Jake when he was already done embracing Jake.

"But that's unfair. All of you have something to do and you are leaving me here?" Sunoo said and snorted, as if he was deeply hurt.

"Oh, right. I wanna give you a role too" Niki said and turned his head to Sunoo. "How about guarding the house? You make sure that no one enters while we are outside" Niki said with a suggestive voice, as if it was the greatest idea that he has thought which just made Sunoo roll his eyes.

"Shut up. I want to do something too. Please let me be in your mission" Sunoo pleaded and looked at Niki. "What is your role?" he asked.

"I'll be handling the drinks and serving as a bartender, why are you asking?" Niki told him which made the older beam.

"Well, I can help you with that. You want me to poison him--" Sunoo's words then got cut off when a Yang Jungwon that was shaking his head entered the scene.

Well, Sunoo can really do that if he wants to. I mean, he's a witch after all, and his speciality is all about potions, magics that have something to do with changing something or someone with just a drink.

But don't worry, he promised himself that he would not harm anyone in the land by his magic.

"No no no. There will be no guns, no killings and no poisons this time. Especially you two, Sunghoon and Jay hyung. We'll not hurt anyone this time. Just steal the diamonds and that's all" Jungwon announces, making Sunghoon and Jay avoid eye contact when their names are mentioned.

"Fine. But I'm still helping Niki with the counter. I promise to help and not put a burden on you, guys. My instinct is good, trust me on this" Sunoo said with pleading eyes. Well, he's right. As I told you before, witches' instincts are really exceptional.

Niki then just took a deep sigh. He knows that Sunoo will keep insisting until they let him. "Okay, fine, in one condition. You'll be staying in the counter and the counter only with me. Don't go anywhere so that I can protect you when something bad happens" Niki said.

Sunoo's smile then brightens at what Niki said and clapped his hands happily. "Okay! I'll do my best on that day, don't worry" Sunoo announced lastly.

"Thank you, thank you for the both of you. Don't worry, we wouldn't let anything bad happen to you. We'll return you home safe and sound" Jay said. As a leader, it is also his job to assure everyone's safety, especially these newbies.

"Alright, since everything is already settled, you can go back to your own business now and I'll prepare the things that we will be needing. Remember that we have to arrive at the bar earlier than Mr. Jeong, okay?"

"Yes, leader-nim"

~♕︎♕︎♕︎~

Everyone was already in their positions. Jay and Sunghoon already beat up the two men who guard the bar that was now tied in the stock room (poor people), while Sunoo and Niki already take their places in the counter to serve drinks and entertain the customers, as Jungwon sat beside Jake on one of the tables inside, a little further from the counter.

"Hyung, whenever something bad happens, just use the in-ear. We are all listening, but don't worry. We will do everything to keep you safe. We're always here to monitor you, okay?" Jungwon explained to Jake while roaming his eyes to the crowd.

"Don't worry about me, Wonnie. I was born ready" Jake said and winked, making Jungwon let out a cute giggle. "So anyways, how do I look? Do you think it will work?" Jake asked while twirling around to give Jungwon the full view of his clothes.

Jungwon then nodded and smirked. "Of course, hyung. I know that will be effective. I already told you that he flirts with gorgeous ones, and you look amazing tonight. I even caught Sunghoon hyung eyeing you in the car a while ago" Jungwon said, making Jake feel flustered.

"Eh? Really?" Jake asked and scratched his nape while chuckling. "Maybe he's just not used to seeing me wearing these kinds of clothes" Jake said, but Jungwon just shook his head with a mirth.

"You are so unaware, hyung" Jungwon muttered, making Jake look at him and ask.

"Oh, sorry. I didn't get that. Can you repeat? The music was too loud" Jake said, but instead, Jungwon just told him that it was nothing, making Jake just look at him with curiosity.

But when Jake was about to open his mouth to say something again, he was cut off by Jay's voice from the in-ear. "Eagle here. Mr. Jeong already exited the car. He is already walking from the parking lot towards here so get ready. He's alone and not bringing anything with him. Hands empty. I assume that he was placing the items in his inner pocket" Jay said, making Jungwon look at Jake.

"Hyung, he's already here. Be careful, okay? and whenever he gives you a drink, Do Not Accept. Just drink the drinks from Niki and Sunoo, but if Mr. Jeong already touched it, don't. We won't know, that's an old flirty pervert. We don't want anything bad to happen to you" Jungwon told him with concerned eyes which just made Jake smile while patting his arm.

"Yeah, I know. I'll be careful, I promise" Jake said and looked at the counter. "So, I'll get going then. Just tell me if there are suspicious people around us so I can immediately think what to do next" he added.

"You can count on me, hyung" Jungwon said and smiled back. "Go on. You must sit there first before he comes" he urged the older while gesturing to him to start walking.

Jake then confidently walked towards the counter quietly with his fist clenched inside his pocket while the other hand was pushing his hair back elegantly because deep inside him, he was really nervous for doing such a thing. He also avoided having eye-contact with Niki and Sunoo, so that they won't be suspicious of the target person. They have to stay still in their characters, not to regret anything in the end.

"Bunny here. The target already entered the bar and is now walking towards the counter. Puma, make sure to hide the microphone near where he sits so that I could hear what they were talking about" Jungwon said, and with that, everyone stays alert of their environment.

Mr. Jeong then reached the counter and immediately ordered something as Niki silently put the said microphone to the displayed fake flower vase that was placed there as a design just beside Mr. Jeong's drink.

Everything then went well for all of them as Sunghoon and Jay keep on watching outside, Jungwon monitoring the drinks and Sunoo and Niki serving drinks to the customer while still listening to whatever they were talking about.

But for Jake, he kept calm during the whole process, trying his best to smile back at him and give him enough responses, but inside him was really nervous for not knowing if he's doing right. Another thing is that he cannot get an opportunity for him to get the diamonds. He also tried all of the possible moves but he's still incapable of doing so because the man was watching every single move that he makes. He also gestured to Niki to give him a heavy one, but it seems like the man has high alcohol tolerance, making his idea fail.

But he didn't give up. He just patiently waited for his chance to do that in a clean, silent and proper way.

But right at the process, while Sunoo was serving drinks and looking around at the crowd, he noticed some people watching the both, making his instincts act up. He knew that something might happen if they did something wrong, and for sure, those guys will be the reason for that.

He then walked silently closer to Niki to whisper something really important. "Hey Niki, I don't think that Mr. Jeong is alone. He brought his people as well" Sunoo whispered in his ears but Niki just furrowed his eyebrows.

"How come? Mr. Jeong came here alone. I don't think that he has someone with him" Niki responded, making Sunoo look around again.

"I'm skeptical about that. There are people watching them, mixed in the crowd. Maybe Mr. Jeong sent them here earlier then just followed afterwards" Sunoo told him, making Niki also look at where Sunoo was looking.

"Okay, we're still unsure about that but still have an eye on them. Report it immediately in the in-ears when they already made a move" Niki responded and Sunoo nodded his head as he went back to his place before he approached Niki.

A few more minutes then passed by, when Mr. Jeong's flirting leveled up into something more. It made Jake really uncomfortable, especially when Mr. Jeong started to get touchy and slipped his hand onto Jake's knee. Jake shivered and slightly jolted at the sudden touch but he made it unnoticeable by just laughing along with him.

Jungwon never fails to notice the action on the monitor of the middle aged man as he immediately gets worried about it. "Bunny here. Hyung, are you alright?" Jungwon asked through the in-ear which Jake responded by gesturing to him that he is alright, even though everybody knows he's not fine with that.

"Snow Leo here. What's happening? Do you need us? Should we enter?" Sunghoon asked through the in-ears, the worry in his voice was obvious.

"Foxy here. Everything's fine but hyung should get the item at the soonest possible time before this man gets more touchy" Sunoo answered, making Sunghoon clench his fist which Jay didn't fail to notice.

"Calm down, Hoon. Everything will be alright. I'm sure, Jungwon, Niki and Sunoo will take care of him there" Jay said while patting Sunghoon's shoulder comfortingly. Sunghoon then just let out a deep sigh before continuing doing his job.

On the other hand, Jake already wanted to leave the place as early as possible as he felt the man's hand getting higher. He also tried getting his hand off his body in the most subtle ways but the man will just put it back again right after, but what's worse is when the man leaned closer into him with a smirk on his lips.

"So, Jack. I was just wondering if you want to have fun tonight. You know, my bedroom is big. You're gonna love there" the man told him in a whisper that he also let out a silent yelp as it sent shivers down his spine.

"Oh, you know I loved to, but there are still things that I needed to do later. Maybe tomorrow night, if you could wait" he responded with a soft voice but the older scooted closer with his eyes showing a hint of threat.

"Jack, Jack, Jack. I am not the kind of person who waits" Mr. Jeong said with a mocking voice and pulled Jake through his waist, even closer to him. "Today is today, and you don't have the right to refuse my offer"

And with that, Jake just smirked at him. "Wow, do you want me so bad that you wanted to do it tonight?" he said with a touch of flirting back in his voice as he also travelled his hand towards the man's abdomen, slipping his hand through his inner pocket.

"Yes. And I know that you want it too, come on. Let's leave this place--"

"No. I will leave this place" Jake said, emphasizing the word I and smiled wider. "Bye~" Jake said confidently, starting to stand up in his place, leaving the man calling his fake name.

"Yah, Jack! Take this fucking thing off me!" the man shouted but Jake already continued to run out of the bar, leaving Mr. Jeong's hand handcuffed at his seat that the older man didn't even notice because of what he was doing. Veleno was right though, his weakness is that he is a huge flirt. Mr. Jeong then turned his eyes through his people that Sunoo was talking about a while ago. "Get him!" he shouted, ordering his people to chase Jake.

"Baby chick here. I already got the item so just go to the car and leave this place immediately" Jake said through his in-ear while running the fastest pace that he can. "Bunny, Foxy and Puma, go out of the bar as well but be careful not to be caught by his people inside" he added.

"Shit, I should've listened to Foxy about these guys. I'm sorry, I don't know" Niki said through his in-ears while holding Sunoo's hand to go out of the bar together.

"No time to apologize. Eagle, get the car" Jake said.

"Snow Leo here. He's already getting it, just run out faster"

And right when he said that, Jake reached the exit, meeting Sunghoon there. He was panting from running away from those people. Sunghoon then also ran towards him with a worried glance. "You alright?" he asked and Jake answered him with a nod.

"Stop worrying about me, Sungie. I can take care of myself" Jake answered and let out a quiet giggle which Sunghoon returned with an eye roll.

"Psh. I am definitely not worried, Jake" he said, arms crossed on his chest, making Jake laugh at him while pointing to his face.

"Say what you wanna say, but your face says otherwise" Jake said and stood up properly, putting the diamonds on Sunghoon's pocket.

But even after a few more seconds of waiting for the car, Jake heard the footsteps of the men again, making his eyes widen as he looked again at Sunghoon. "Sungie, just wait for the three to enter the car and immediately leave this place, okay? I have to go now, they shouldn't see us together" Jake said and attempted to run again, but Sunghoon grabbed his wrist.

"I won't let you--"

"Please just listen to me, okay? It will harm the whole team if--"

But his words were cut off too when Mr. Jeong's people got near the door, so before they saw Sunghoon with him, he immediately ran away from the bar.

"Baby chick here. The item is already on Snow Leo so if ever I got caught by these people, they won't get anything from me" Jake said while still running, five people still following him. Good thing, there are no guns the men hold.

Then after a few more minutes, someone spoke again through the in-ears. "Foxy here. We're already in the car. Where the hell are you?" Sunoo asked.

"Good. Now leave this place immediately. I know you are all safe. No one knows that you are with me. They won't know" he said as he reached farther than he expected.

"Are you kidding? Hyung, what the heck are you thinking?"

Jake then let out a faint laugh, quiet enough to hide from the people chasing him. "I'm still alive though. Thank Poseidon" he answered and that just made the others roll their eyes. How would he still be positive in situations like this?

"Okay, all four of us are already heading back home. I'll be back to fetch you up right after. Text me our meeting place, okay?" It was Jay's voice.

"Okay, thank you-- wait, did you say four?" Jake was taken aback.

"Yup"

Jake then just furrowed his eyebrows at his answer but didn't even get the opportunity to respond to him for the men were already getting nearer to his location. Their current location was a dark empty street that seems like no one is living in. This is more like a stock area for some businesses around. And with that, he decided to stop from running and start walking quietly, not to make himself obvious from the men.

He then found a place to hide, but to his surprise, someone grabbed him by his wrist, while the other hand was placed on his mouth to keep him quiet. He then let out a quiet yelp as he just shut his eyes in nervousness, afraid of what the guy would do to him.

His back was now touching the wall, as he faced the man, hand still pressed to his mouth. But right after a few more seconds, the guy gently removed his hand from Jake's mouth and used it to rub his back comfortingly as he whispered something.

"Hey, It's me. Don't be scared, I'm here" a soft, soothing voice told him, washing away all of the worries inside him. That is when Jake opened his eyes in comfort, knowing that someone was already there to be with him. But something snapped to him.

"Sungie? Why are you here? I told you to leave already" he shouted in a whisper but Sunghoon just hushed him.

"Shhh quiet" Sunghoon whispered back, so he had nothing to do but keep himself silent.

They stayed like that for a while, no talking, just observing the place of where the goons are already, but their place is not yet that safe to hide so Jake thought about an idea of going somewhere.

"Hey Sungie? What if we hide there?" Jake asked while pointing at an old unit that seemed like no one was using it. Sunghoon then nodded to him and tugged his wrist, dragging him through the said room.

They did their best to go there in the most silent way and entered it, welcomed with the darkness of the room with some boxes on the ground. Moonlight through the window is the only thing that can be used to see what's inside.

"He headed here" one of Mr. Jeong's people said and ran. Jake got terrified at the footsteps going near to their place so Sunghoon immediately pulled him towards the back of piles of boxes to hide themselves.

"Where is he?" the first person asked.

"I think I saw him in this area, he probably went straight because there's no way he went inside these rooms"

"How could you tell?"

"These rooms are all locked. He can't go inside"

"Okay then, just search more. He's not yet far"

After that, the footsteps were gone. A silent moment then passed by, indication that the goons are already gone. Sunghoon and Jake then took time to check if the area was already clear before completely moving out from the back of those boxes, then took a deep sigh of relief when they saw no one outside.

"Phew. I thought I'm going to die today" Jake announced confidently, both hands on either side of his waists as Sunghoon headed towards the door. "But well, I think we are safe now" he added.

"I doubt that" Sunghoon responded, making Jake look at him, eyebrows furrowed, questioning his statement.

"What do you mean about that?" he asked, approaching towards Sunghoon's side.

Sunghoon was holding the door knob and twisted it for many attempts of opening but nothing happened. "I think the doorknob is already defected, so when we closed it, it locked itself, accidentally" Sunghoon explained, making Jake's eyes widen in horror.

"No way. Someone must be out there to save us. Get some help" Jake told him, leaving Sunghoon looking outside the windows while Jake proceeded to check the whole room for a place to exit, but unfortunately, he failed. They also tried looking for a key or something that they could use to open the door, but all they could see were old clothes, old toys, old kitchen wares and old appliances. Seems like this room is an old family house but got abandoned for some cases.

They then felt helpless. They know that they cannot exit the room without a help from the outside.

"Uhmm, is your phone with you? I left mine to Sunoo. We should call them"

"Veleno takes moves, leaving no traces so we always leave our phones in the car for safety, but don't worry. I know they will look for us, okay? Don't stress yourself. It happens often" Sunghoon told him to bring him at least a few words of encouragement but Jake still looks restless.

"I know, I know. It's just that..."

But Jake's words were cut off by Sunghoon's snort. "You're terrified?" Sunghoon asked him in a teasing manner, the reason for him to just roll his eyes, answering "I'm not", but Sunghoon just laughed to tease him even more and patted the seat beside him. "I know you are. Come on. Don't waste your energy much. I guess we'll be stuck here for a few more hours"

And with that, Jake's eyes widened at the statement as he tried hard not to scream.

Stuck? A few more hours?

"Oh crap"

⛓️⚜️⛓️

Oooh so Jake really agreed to be on the mission, huh? Seems like someone will get really mad HAHAHA look forward for the next chapter so that you'll know what will happen next. (And by the way, please be prepared for a huge revelation for the next chapter~ It is something that was already served in your eyes yet still failed to notice. lol I hope you already connected the dots)

Anyways, I saw this somewhere and I have to share it with all of you~

(pctto)

This photo is not mine.

Aww~ cutie

Alright alright, thank you so much for reading this chapter and please wait for the next one❣️

Please vote if you like this chapter and comment down for your thoughts and suggestions. I also wanted to apologize for any wrong grammar or spellings😂 Please tell me as soon as possible if there are things that I need to edit lol

Thank you so much once again and see you next time. Paalam for now💋

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

68.7K 4K 31
Sunghoon mysteriously inhereted a palace from a distant relative, once he enters he finds 6 beautiful painting of handsome boys. One in particular st...
93.3K 4.6K 19
a story where jay and his dad go to their servants house for vacation and there he meets a boy that happened to be servants son . started : 05/05/202...
19.6K 645 27
Sunoo is loved and admired by every one in his life but what if this admiration turned in to a very serious matter that could destroy sunoo and his f...
154K 9.7K 55
A story about a popular girl who had a huge crush on school's bad boy. Everything was normal until she met someone who looked exactly like her crush...