Calypso and the Moon

By tearsonmytshirt

Calypso is a kind and happy girl, manoeuvring through life on her own accord. Having started a band with her... More

π™Έπ™½πšƒπšπ™Ύπ™³πš„π™²πšƒπ™Έπ™Ύπ™½
Beginnings.
Nostalgia.
Whiskey.
Sling.
Ice-cream.
Ramen.
Insomnia.
Paws.
Lucas.
Dudley Inc.
Vodka.
Birthdays.
Inlove.
Silver.
Dresses.
Confessions.
Promises.
Jail.
Evidence.
The Motion.
Adelaide.
Interruptions.
Cherry Tomatoes.
Knees.
Picnics.
Parties and Heartbreak.
Acceptance.
Painting.
Best friends.
Cookies.
Endings.
epilogue.
an

Apologies.

1.3K 42 9
By tearsonmytshirt

Calypso woke up before the sun the next morning.

She layed in bed and looked out of the window. It was seven-thirty, James wasn't in bed anymore, and she started growing lonely and hungry. So, pulling a pair of sweatpants over her shorts and making the bed, she made her way downstairs. She found Katerina and Angela in the kitchen, and kissed her friend on the cheek.

"Goodmorning, Calypso," Katerina smiled. Her thick Russian accent made Calypso grin, "Morning, Katerina. How'd we sleep?" The two girl spared eachother a quick glance, and Angela carried wiping butter on her toast. Katerina leaned against the counter and bit into a slice of buttered toast. Her pastel pink dress hung off her loosely, and her pin straight blonde air was held behind her head in a hair tie.

Angela was dressed in a black jean and red flannel with a white shirt underneath, and her wavy blonde hair cascaded down her back.

"Good, babe. How'd you sleep?"

Calypso sighed, "Didn't get much. You know, I can't sleep well in new places," Katerina smirked, "Oh? Or was it James that kept you awake?"

A deep blush bloomed at her cheeks and she smiled, and when Angela wiggled her brows at Calypso, she shot her a finger. Calypso grabbed a piece of toast from Angela's plate, and before she could protest, Katerina said, "James and a few of the guys went for a run, if you were wondering," Calypso nodded at her, chewing on her piece of bread.

Avery joined them a little later, already dressed for the days outing. Calypso jumped up onto the black marble counter and swayed her legs as she listened to Avery and Angela argue.

"Ange, we'll go to the guitar shop after breakfast,"

"Avery, I'm two minutes older so you cannot tell me what to do,"

"Oh, my god. Kat, please,"

Katerina threw her hands up in defense, "I only have brothers, so I don't know how this works really," She took a sip of her black coffee, "Angela, I'll go to the shop with you after breakfast, alright?"

Both Calypso and Avery smirked at Angela when she blushed and looked at her feet, nodding. And then, the front doors opened and the house filled with loud chatter from the men.

As they rounded the corner to the kitchen, Calypso and Avery suddenly started swallowing harder. Adam and James, both shirtless and very, very sweaty strutted in followed by Ken and Matthew.

James' grey shorts sat loose on his hips, and when he saw Calypso, he smirked.

"Goodmorning, baby," He ran a hand through his hair as he approached her. He pushed her legs apart and stood between them, his lips still pulled into a cocky smirk.

"Morning,"

"Sleep well?" He said, and stared into her forests as he reached up, his large fingers effortlessly taking her half eaten toast from her tiny hand. He bit into it, perfect teeth sinking into the buttery goodness. She swallowed her piece, "Y-yeah," He smiled, mouth full of toast.

"Good," He mumbled. He spotted her cup of coffee next to her, and picked it from the counter, "When are you leaving?" He asked, and then took a sip from her cup. His eyes never left hers as he did this, and she suddenly grew embarrassed as he watched her.

"In twenty,"

He merely nodded, "This is good, who made this?" Calypso smiled, "Katerina," James then turned swiftly, "Kat, you're making coffee from now on, yeah?" Katerina grinned, nodding, "Sure, if you payed me to do that,"

James sat the cup down, rolling his eyes, "Don't I pay you enough?" Katerina laughed, "Enough is never enough. Gotta have more,"

James tsked and then looked back at Calypso. She was watching him, her bottom lip pulled between her teeth and her eyes were suddenly very hazy.

and so, James smirked, "You wanna come upstairs with me?" Calypso swallowed, then smiled. She leaned forward then, and pressed a kiss against the corner of James' mouth. He watched her, and enjoyed the way she inhaled sharply when he let his large hands rest on her thighs.

"You need a shower first,"

"Yeah? Don't like when I'm all sweaty?"

"I'd prefer it if you were sweaty from fucking me," She whispered, her voice soft against James ear. He hummed, and squeezed her thighs. She pressed a kiss against his neck to which he tilted his head away, giving her more space. Then, she nibbled on the skin, sinking her teeth into it and James let a throaty groan come from him.

As if the two were alone in the room, they nearly ate eachother up. Lust and desire created a bubble around them and only when Avery cleared her throat, did they finally look at eachother again.

"We have to go in ten, babes,"

Calypso nodded at her, and James sighed deeply, "Stay home with me, baby," Calypso smiled, shaking her head, "You're not staying home either, James," He groaned, "Well, come with me then," Calypso raised a brow at him, "What typa auction is it?" James cleared his throat, taking another bite from his toast, "Cars," He said simply, mouth filled with another bite of toast. Calypso shook her hand, "No, thank you,"

James laughed, and pressed a kiss to her lips. She jumped down from the counter and slipped past the large man, following behind Avery.

As Calypso shrugged bootleg black trousers on, the door opened and James stepped in, his skin glistening as the sun hit him.

"God, those fucking trousers,"

She smirked, "Yeah? You like em?" James stood behind her in the mirror, her head below his shoulders, "Wanna rip em off you, does that count as like?" Calypso giggled, and adjusted the green top she had on. Her hair was brushed through and behind her hair with a clip, her slender neck on full display.

She stepped away from James and he made his way towards the bathroom. She sat at his desk, with her toiletries bag infront of her and another large mirror. The shower turned on then, and as she finished up her makeup, James stepped out from the bathroom.

Dressed in a short-sleeved white button up and back dress pants, his hair wet and slicked back. He smiled at her as she looked at him, "Good?" She gulped, her eyes raking over him, "Very good," She whispered. The man chuckled and walked to his closet, opening it and slipping a black suit jacket over his shoulders.

Calypso added a few more touches to her makeup when James stood behind her. She smiled at him through the mirror, and then he gripped the back of her chair. His lips pulled into a smirk. He leaned down, and Calypso stopped applying her blush as she watched him.

His lips, soft and plump, pressed against her shoulder. Then he moved up to her neck, peppering kisses as he went along. She let a breathy moan part her lips and James reached down to between her thighs.

She gasped, grabbing ahold of his thick wrist. He effortlessly looped his fingers inside her trousers, and she closed her eyes as he pressed against her core. She throbbed at the contact, and James continued his assault on her neck, kissing up to her ear and then back down to her shoulder.

She softly moaned his name, and he hummed against her neck. His fingers moved softly against her, and when she started gasping, James pulled away.

She groaned, "Why would you do that?" James chuckled, his minty breath fanning against her neck, "Do what?" She groaned again, and turned to look at him, "Why would you pull away?" James stood up to his full height again, shrugging, "Just felt like it," Calypso tsked, "I will forever remember this, I promise you," She stood up, cleaning up her mess and strutting from James as she shrugged on her coat.

"Baby, gimme a kiss," James laughed, his hands in his pockets as he followed behind her. Calypso turned back to him after she opened the bedroom door, and flipped him her middle finger.

Before she could even step of of the bedroom, James had pulled her back and slammed her against the wall next to the ajar door.

"Now, what made you think you could flip me off, baby?"

"You're so fucking aggravating, James,"

He laughed, "Yeah? You're a little brat, y'know that?" Calypso swallowed against his hand, peering up at him through her full lashes. She could hear people calling after her from downstairs, and James smirked, "Apologise and you can go,"

Calypso scoffed, "Apologise? What are you, my dad?" James' smirk widened, "Apologise, brat." Calypso smiled at the man, her heart thudding in her chest at him.

"I'm sorry, daddy,"

It was as if someone had thrown James with a bucket of ice water. His smirk fell, his blue eyes widened, and his hold on her throat only tightened. Slowly, he closed the door.

"Say that again,"

"What?"

"Say it again, Calypso,"

She shook her head, suddenly shy. James smirked, his shocked expression completely vanishing, "Don't get shy now, baby. Call me daddy again and see what I do to you,"

His butterfly melted in his hands, her cheeks blushed a deep red, and her hands grew clammy against James' wrist. She liked her lips and swallowed. James let go of her throat, and opened the door, smirking at her. He motioned outside the door and without a single thought, Calypso smiled at him and scurried through the door.

Her cheeks were red still, and her hair was disheveled and as she looked up at James from her way down the stairs, he was leaning against the railing, his eyes focused on his buttrrly as she flew down the stairs.

She joined her group, everyone watching her as she smiled to herself, her cheeks still red from her and James' interaction. A second later, he walked through the door.Carrying dominance and authority, his sunglasses rested on his nose and his cigarette hung loosely from his mouth. Adam and Freddie were throwing a football at eachother, and when the football hit Adam square in the face, James threw his head back and Calypso heard the most beautiful sound she had ever heard.

It was like someone was carrying a bag filled with stones and thunder. Deep and throaty, and he clapped his large hands together as he laughed. She watched him, her lips pulled into a wide grin.

But she wasn't the only one who watched him, Adelaide, the blackhead, was staring at James too. She wore a tight skinny Jean and a white blouse, and her lips were painted in a burgundy red.

James was thrown the football, and he caught it with one hand and like he was an actual player on an actual field, he threw it. Freddie ran after it, and seeing as that there was a swimming pool behind James house, the group heard a soft plop from behind it.

James smirked, and when Adam complained, James strutted to him, and Adam out two fists up. James laughed again, and mimicked him to come closer.

And Adam did, and as quick as light, James gave him a few gentle-looking slaps to both cheeks and his stomach. Adam stumbled back, and groaned. James told him to come closer again, and when he did, Adam landed a swift punch to James' jaw.

His head snapped to his left, and Calypso prayed for Adam to make it out alive as he walked backwards. James spat a glob of blood from his lips, and much to everyone watching surprise, James threw his hands in defense, walking towards Adam with his large hand extended. When Adam grinned proudly and shook his hand, Calypso al. ost didn't see the punch that James landed to Adam's own jaw, and he stumbled back.

After watching the whole scene unravel, the two made up and James walked towards Calypso.

"My god, you're like children," James tsked, "Adam and I just had a little scuffle," Calypso rolled her eyes, and without even thinking, she muttered a "Shit, sorry," and James smirked, "What a good girl," He pressed a kiss against her forehead, and then she frowned and took his jaw in her hand, turning his face away from her. There was a large bruise on his jaw, and she sighed.

James smiled, "I'm okay, honey," Calypso tsked at the man, her patience running thing, "Go put ice on it, James," He shook his head, but before he could argue with his girl, she said, "Why do you always argue with me, James?" The man smirked, and he chuckled as he pressed a kiss against her lips.

"I'll see you later, honey,"

"I don't like you,"

"Yeah? You seemed to like me a lot last night though,"

Calypso paled, and James strode away laughing loudly. Avery and Angela, Katerina smirked at her, and Avery then looked at Angela and mumbled a, "I knew it,"

Calypso flipped her off, and Katerina got into the drivers seat of her car, along with Angela in the passenger. Avery slipped in next to Calypso in the back, and Adelaide, as quiet as a mouse, slipped in on the other side of Calypso.

The drive to the breakfast diner was short and filled with banter, except from Adelaide. She hadn't said a word to Calypso or her friends, and didn't plan to.

The girl all climbed out and was they were approaching the front door of the diner, someone honked their horn at them. They all simultaneously swung around and in a bright red Honda S2000, sat all the guys.

Adam was in the passenger, and screaming something incoherent at the girls. They all laughed, and then the car sped off.

The diner was beautiful. It was mostly white, and fake leaves decorated the top of all the booths. The counter was a crisp white too, and soft blues and pinks made up the marble.

Katerina had called for a reservation earlier, so a short redhead waitress called them over. They walked up a flight of stairs, follwong behind eachother. Then when they were at the top, there was a sparkling chandelier above their heads and it made the room twinkle in rainbow reflections.

The waitress pushed open the door, and Calypso along with Avery gasped. A view of the city came up first, then a balcony filled with three large tables. Everything was white, and vines covered the umbrellas that casted a shadow on the tables.

"Holy fuck," Avery muttered. "Right?" Katerina smiled and thanked the waitress. She made her way to the table close to the door and took a seat, followed by Angela next to her. Avery sat across from Katerina and Calypso across from Adelaide.

Then, the girls chatted softly to eachother and Katerina pulled out a long white cigarette, Calypso watching her. She offered her one, and she smiled and thanked her.

"James know you smoke?" Adelaide spoke suddenly, just as Calypso was lighting her cigarette. She inhaled deeply, relishing in the way it burned her throat, "He knows I used to," Adelaide nodded. Calypso pushed her sunglasses on, and Avery followed her actions.

The group of girls ordered their breakfast, Calypso deciding on waffles with whipped cream and strawberries. Katerina had given her a cigarette whenever she smoked one, and Calypso would pass it to Angela every now and then.

When the girls started gossiping, Calypso noticed Adelaide stare at her, her coffee coloured eyes boring into her. She raised a questioning brow at her, and Adelaide let her eyes trail down Calypso's sitting figure, and then she looked away.

Calypso tipped her cigarette, "Adelaide, do you work under James too?" She looked at Calypso suddenly, and nodded, "Front desk," Calypso nodded, smiling kindly at her.

"What's he like at work?" She then asked. Both girls shifted and spared a glance, and Calypso frowned.

"Hard, and he wants everything to be done on time, his assistant, Amy gets the worst side of him." Calypso frowned deeper, but before she could ask more about how he was at work, the sound of a very liud and very fast car broke her thoughts. She leaned back, and saw the same car from before come to a stop infront of the diner.

Butterflies fluttered in her stomach, and she watched as Avery shifted too. She reclasped her hair, pulling some pieces out to frame her face.

It didn't take for them to hear the splutters of laughter and loud voices from the men, and then Adam swung open the door. James followed behind him, then Freddie.

James stopped in his tracks when he saw Calypso, cigarette dangling between her two dainty fingers. He spared Avery a smile, and she smiled back and stood from her seat, allowing James to sit next to Calypso.

"Hello, pretty girl,"

James grinned at her as he sat in the chair, and Calypso watched as Adelaide chewed on her bottom lip, brown eyes focused on James. He didn't realise just how beautiful he was, and she had come to terms with the fact that wherever she went with him, everyone would be staring at him and not her. Jealous men, and drooling women.

"How was the auction?" Calypso asked and then took a drag from the cigarette. Blue eyes watched her movements, completely entranced by how she held herself at this very moment. Legs crossed and hair tied, her hand rested on her knee, and James smiled at her.

"Good, bought a car," Calypso shook her head, "Like charities don't exist," James rolled his blue eyes, "I own fourteen charities and fund them, I also fund adoption facilities, and fund hospitals in twelve states,"

Calypso watched as he bragged to her, noticing that when he did brag, which he did often, he'd raise his eyebrow, and speak about it like it was nothing. He took his sunglasses from his pocket, put them on and said,"It's a lovely car too, you'd hate it though," Calypso grinned, "Yeah? And what do you know about my dislikes, love?"

James chuckled, "You picked the olives from your salad last night," And then he pointed to her empty plate, "And you picked it from your breakfast too," Calypso nodded, taking another drag from her cigarette, "That's obvious, tell me something deeper,"

"You don't like soda,"

"Children drink soda, James,"

He smirked at her, and leaned in closer to her ear, "You like when I suck-" She interrupted him swiftly by enclosing a hand over his mouth, his beard tickling her palm, "Jesus, James," She laughed, and pushed her sunglasses to the top of her head. He laughed against her hand.

"You started again?" James said once she lowered her hand, pointing to the half smoke cigarette between her fingers.

Calypso shrugged, "Just for now," James nodded, and turned to face the rest of the table. Adam and Freddie had pulled another table closer, and were currently teasing Avery on her lack of other instruments except guitar.

"Calypso, tell me, what do you do?"

Calypso looked up at Adelaide, and she noticed James jaw tick, again, and again, and again. Calypso took a sip from her orange juice before she began, "I'm in a band and I work at an animal shelter, aswell as a mental health facility,"

Adelaide nodded, smiling, "I see. Does that bring in an income? The band thing, I mean," Calypso clenched her jaw, "Well, seeing as that we've only just now reached the surface of the music industry, not really. But its-" She interrupted her, mid sentence. James inhaled, and Calypso put a hand on his, silencing him.

"Hm, you'd find something better to do, I'm sure of it,"

"Well, it's not-"

"How long have you two been together?" She looked at James as she spoke, and Calypso gritted her teeth at the girl. Calypso wasn't one to get mad very quickly, but she despised being interrupted. So, she only gave a look to Katerina, and she smiled apologetically and passed her the half pack of cigarettes.

Pulling one out, she tapped James and he turned, and smiled once he saw the cigarette. He pressed a kiss to the top of her hand, making a flower bloom where his lips pressed.

"We're not together, per say," James said as he lit his white stick. Calypso lit hers too, and Adelaide narrowed her eyes at their identical movements.

"So, you're single then?" She laughed softly. Calypso rolled her eyes, and sat forward in her chair.

She took a drag from her cigarette, and then spoke, "Neither of us know exactly what's going on between us. We're adults, Adelaide. Adults figure shit out as they go. Now, if you weren't so hung up on me and what I do with my time, with James or my work, you would've noticed the bird shit on your jacket,"

Avery and Angela, joined by Katerina all broke into laughs, and James inhaled the smoke from his cigarette, smirking.

"You'd have to sell that and buy an identical one from a hand-me-down, there's no way of getting the shit out of that shit,"

James pointed to her, his fingers holding his cigarette tightly. Adelaide eyes widened with horror, and she searched for it, and when she looked up at Calypso, she was smirking at her.

"Jokes,"

She groaned softly, and then crossed her arms over her chest, leaning back in her chair. James turned to Calypso, "Jesus, if we were alone right now-" Calypso interrupted him by pressing a kiss against his lips. He reached cup, cupping her cheek with his large hand.

She bit onto his bottom lip, and she felt him smile against her lips, greeting her soul back. The two smiled at eachother when they parted, and James took a drag from his cigarette as he said, "I wanna show you something,"

"Yeah? What?"

"It's a surprise,"

"James, if you really knew my dislikes, you would've known that I hate surprises,"

James laughed, "Come, honey," He stood, craned his back so he wouldn't collide with the umbrella above the table. She grabbed her purse and promise Katerina she'd repay her for the smokes, threatened Adam that if something happened to Angela or Avery, he wouldn't see tomorrow.

James walked behind her as they stepped down the stairs, and in James fashion, he payed for the meal, and gave a fifty dollar tip to the waitress.

James opened the door for Calypso, his hand on the small of her back as she walked. He opened his car door for her, and she smiled up at him. James slid into his seat and turned the ignition, and the car hummed alive.

"Where are we going?"

"It's a surprise, Calypso,"

"I hate surprises," She whined, her hands gripping her purse. James reached over and put a hand on her thigh. Fire and flowers bled from where he touched, and Calypso toyed with his rings as she stared out of the window. James smiled at her, her curiosity shined through her eyes and when they finally arrived at the art museum, she gasped softly.

She opened her door, not waiting for James to open it for her. She stared up at the massive building, and James watched her in admiration, her lips slightly parted and eyes wide.

She looked at him, and he raised his brows at her. He held his hand open infront of him, and she smiled as she put her hand in his. They burned for eachother, the two realised in the moment. Their hearts were connected through their fingertips, and James felt his tongue burn with unspoken words, and so did Calypso.

Calypso didn't realise it, but she had fell for James the second time of them meeting. She had protected her heart for so long, but even without her knowing it, James had crept in and built himself a home in her head and heart.

James had never been one to fall inlove, and when he left for home the night of them meeting, he had promised himself he wouldn't let himself break, he wouldn't let himself fall for the girl.

But, when he watched her smile at him, the corners of her eyes crinkling and the apples of her cheeks enlarging, white teeth on full display, he knew his heart now belonged to her. He didn't protest, instead he handed it to her the night of their grocery shopping expedition. His heart bled for the girl, fueling his body and keeping him alive so he couldn't leave her.

His tongue was ablaze with words he hadn't dared to utter since his parents died, and Calypso's heart took the words and shoved them in a box, locking it and throwing away the key.

So, with unspoken words and hands ablaze, they walked into the museum.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

9.5M 310K 70
Wattpad Creator! Happy and proud. HIM: Staying the night? Not my thing. Hearts and flowers? Boring. Falling in love? Not anytime soon. Settling down...
395 19 7
"The Cold CEO Kim Taehyung is madly obsessed with his Secretory but he has a girlfriend" Is it just an obsession or a forgotten love? "I thank God th...
7.3K 637 37
⚠️ Warning for foul language usage ⚠️ Warning for triggers {PREVIOUSLY KNOWN AS "DON'T BELONG"} [Started- May, 25th, 2022] [Ended- July, 20th, 2022] ...
55.9K 3.1K 33
Shin Y/n who faces troubles in her life meet a young, rich and cold heart Ceo of big company named Kim Minji through Sugar Book apps. She became the...