Letters to the Sea | Luca x A...

By star912

When you're adjusting to being loved and are completely new to school, it's hard to give advice to a girl who... More

The First Set of Letters.
A Quiet Punching Bag
He's in a Lonely City
The Second Set of Letters and the Man on the Island
Without
New Lovers, Old Lovers
Stains
No more Perfect Record
Sea salt, pasta, and cake.
Late Night Confessions

Home, Train, and School

131 7 9
By star912

No letters in this chapter.

"So, this is a white dress shirt, huh?" Alberto grinned at himself in the mirror, "I look good!"

"Yes, you do!" His new dad laughed bringing in a piece of cloth that Alberto had never seen before. He attempted to tie it around Alberto's neck-

"Wh-what- is this?" Alberto stuttered, backing out of reach and eyeing the cloth suspiciously.

"It is a tie. I do not blame you for not liking it. One of the reasons I like the mar is not dressing like this." He started putting the tie on Alberto again.

"Do I have to wear it?" Alberto asked with pleading eyes.

"It's strongly recommended."

"That doesn't mean yes-" Alberto attempted to take off the tie but ended up tightening it by accident. Luckily, his dad stepped in immediately.

"That thing is a hazard!" Alberto accused, "I like it."

He put it in his pocket eagerly and grinned to himself about to walk out the door.

"Ah-ah-ah." His dad said,

"Do I really have to wear the tie?" Alberto groaned.

"No, but I picked these up today."

His dad shuffled into the kitchen and came back with two wristbands with flowers on them. It consisted of yellow sunflowers and another unidentifiable blossom that had been soaked in pink dye.

"Huh. Cool." Luca shrugged, "Wait. What are they for?"

"I'm not entirely sure." His dad replied, "But perhaps you can give one to who ever you dance with. Then you can wear the other and the two of you will match."

"Neat. Luca will love it!"

"Luca?"

"Yes. The one and only."

"Well," At first it looked like Alberto's choice of Luca was disapproved but then his look softened, "I wouldn't have met you if it wasn't for him."

It was times like these where Alberto realized how lucky he was. The first time Alberto had said that outloud though, he was immediately scolded. And it was the nicest scolding he had ever gotten.

I just... feel so lucky that, you know- I have a... dad?

Alberto. It is a priviledge for me to take care of you. Make no mistake. Luck had nothing to do with it. You shouldn't feel lucky. You deserve a father. I am proud to have you in my home, and that is that.

Oh. Okay.

A-are you crying? I am sorry. Giulia says I can be a bit too straight forward.

No, it's just- I was alone for over a year and...

You thought you wouldn't have any family or friends.

...

Alberto, I do not know what happened with your family and I will not ask. I only ask that you understand this is your home. If that is what you want- that is-

Yes!

Alberto hugged him before running to catch the train. He stopped to give one last wave.

He still felt lucky. Especially now as he grinned at the flowers. Luca was going to love this.

Alberto had been told that Luca and Giulia would meet him when he got off. The train ride would be about 45 min. And that gave him plenty of time to wonder. He had a feeling Luca had probably shown kids at school who he was. Afterall, the bullies had to know because of the swirlie that happened. Alberto shivered. Being forced to reveal yourself was terrifying. He just hoped that wasn't the first time they saw Luca like that.

Alberto tried to think optimistically. If it had been the bullies first time seeing Luca, maybe they ran or screamed in terror. That sounded kind of funny. But then he could picture the disappointment on Luca's face. After that, it wasn't too humorous.

Alberto looked at the watch on his wrist. Dad-

It was still kind of weird to think about-

Dad had told him how to tell time and what the supposed "hands" represented. But if Alberto was being honest, he wasn't really paying attention. He didn't really care for the concept of time.

Now don't think about that. You don't want to be crying when Luca hasn't seen you in so long!

Alberto took in a breathe and tried to think about something that didn't remind him of the island.

Space!

Alberto was bound to get an earful about space from Luca. Especially the origins of space and planets. Humans couldn't even agree on the origins, though.

Silly humans...

Alberto straightened his shirt a bit and tried to smooth out any wrinkles that may have started to appear after he sat down.

I wonder what Luca will be wearing? It'll probably be a white button up too. I don't think he would like ties either.

The train doors were starting to open. Alberto ran a hand through his hair and walked to the door. Then he stopped. Giulia and Luca were waiting for him, but they were closer to the head of the train and they had not seen him yet.

But Alberto was too busy staring at Luca to call out-
Alberto had been right about the white shirt but Luca was also wearing a jacket that was a bit too big for him. He still looked good and Alberto really wanted to tell him.

So Alberto proceeded from behind and lifted Luca into the air.

"Luca! You look great!"

"Alberto!" Luca squealed in surprise,

"What am I, chopped liver?" Said Giulia, feeling the third wheel onslaught coming.

"Nah, more like a whale carcass." Alberto teased before also giving her a hug.

"Alberto, I'm so happy you're here! I missed you so much." Luca said, almost on the verge of tears.

"Hey don't cry. If you start, I will too and no one wants to see that."

Luca didn't say anything but latched onto Alberto for dear life.

As much as Alberto loved this contact, he felt a pang in his chest- and not the good kind. As Luca continued to hug him, Alberto gave a worried glance to Giulia. She just nodded sadly and mimed a fight with two quick punches in the air.

Alberto's eyes went wide. Sure he knew there were some bullies and that Luca could handle himself, but Luca was not one to fight people.

"Hey, I got us something." Alberto said, pulling away from the hug, noticing Luca quickly wiping away his tears.

Alberto pulled out the flowers and Giulia squealed, "Oh! That's so sweet."

Luca stared a bit in confusion until Giulia helped him put the wrist band on. His eyes went wide with wonder as he looked at the flowers on his wrist.

"Aren't they cool?" Alberto asked, putting his own on. "This way, people know we are dancing together."

"I don't know what to say..." Luca said, feeling emotional again.

"Luca, what did I say about crying? Come on." Alberto put a arm around him and the three of them started walking toward the school.

"Thank-you, Alberto."

"Don't thank me- thank da- Giulia's dad."

"You can call him dad, you know." Giulia stated in earnest, "Besides, I always wanted a sibling."

"Now you're pushing it."

The three laughed and finally arrived at the school.

"Wait- this is your school?! This thing is a castle," Alberto exclaimed, "Why is it so big?"

It was larger than average. It was two stories and the outside was made of brick and towering columns.

"It teaches all the way until 12th grade." Giulia said casually,

"Twelve! Luca, you have to go here for 12 years? You'll be here until we're twenty!- Wait, no, I am supportive. That still," He chuckled to himself, coming to grips with how long this would be, "Is a long time."

"Well, I guess it's good news that I'm in grade 7." Luca smiled wide at Alberto. He loved school but always missed spending time with who considered to be his best and first ever friend.

"Wow! My buddy must be so smart, kicking those other 6 grades." Alberto ruffled up Luca's hair a bit and Luca laughed in response.

"Guys I have to admit something." Giulia said, rocking back and forth excitedly, the skirt of her dress dancing with her movements.

"What's up?" Alberto asked,

"I have a date."

"You what?" Luca asked,

"I'm still confused as to what dating is." Alberto admitted,

"Is it that guy from science class?" Luca asked,

Alberto noticed that Luca didn't look all to thrilled about the news.

"Oh, come on, Luca!" Giulia pleaded, "I know he is a bit weird, but he's just so sweet. Alberto, you'll love him and then I can have your blessing instead."

"Whoa. You got it bad, girl." Alberto muttered,

They finally entered the school. Giulia skipped in, evidently thrilled to find her so called "date" from her shared science class with Luca.

Alberto followed, a bit annoyed but entertained at the idea of judging someone. He could read jerks pretty well. Luca trailed behind him, his hands tucked away in his coat's pockets.

"Giulia!"

They heard the voice before they saw him sweep up their sister/friend.

He was noticeably taller than Giulia, only a inch or two more than Alberto. He had sleek light brown hair and the most smug look on his face as he twirled the girl whose face could only exclaim "this is my future hubby."

Alberto and Luca shared a look, mainly in concern for Giulia's emotional state. She looked like she was under a spell and it was kind of freaky.

"Uhh, hi?" Alberto interrupted putting out a hand to greet Giulia's date. Dad told him you can tell a man's character from a handshake.

Instead of shaking his hand, Alberto was greeted the same way Giulia was- being lifted into the air.

Alberto didn't squeal but immediately screamed, "Put me down! That's some way to greet a girl's brother."

Giulia gave Alberto a happy, grateful face.

"Shut-up." He said in return,

"Oh! You're Alberto! I have heard so much about you and your friend. I'm Andrea." Andrea peered over Alberto's shoulder, catching a glimpse of Luca who was noticeably shuffling his feet uncomfortably.

"Luca!" Andrea greeted, "It's still taking you some time to get used to school, huh?"

"I suppose so. Yes." Luca answered,

"A shy one, isn't he?" Andrea commented in a hush voice so only Alberto and Giulia could hear.

"Well of course." Giulia answered, "He's been treated unfairly by a few other students."

"Do you know who?" Both Alberto and Andrea inquired,

"He won't talk about it." Giulia admitted,

Luca was still noticeably staring at the floor and shuffling his feet.

"Hey, Luca?" Alberto grabbed his hand.

"Huh?" Luca was surprised by the contact.

"How about we go dance?"

AUTHORS NOTE:
I'm making Luca edits on a new YouTube channel:
https://youtu.be/gHqCMnl4YzE

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

8.2K 235 14
This is a fem reader self insert! You are friends with Luca, Alberto, and Giulia!
57.1K 1.9K 46
After being in Genova for what felt like so long, Giulia and Luca were finally coming back to Portorosso for the summer. After what felt like ages, t...
2.6K 79 12
It's been two years since Luca has started schooling with Giulia and summer vacation has come around, taking the two of them back to Portorosso to ol...
1K 11 1
Luca helps Alberto out of a depressive episode. Luberto // aged up (25) // contains smut