Eva's Journal

By _mitch_writes

Eva's simple life is turned upside down when a shocking incident leads her on a soul-searching adventure. As... More

CHAPTER ONE
CHAPTER TWO
CHAPTER THREE
CHAPTER FOUR
CHAPTER FIVE
CHAPTER SIX
CHAPTER SEVEN
CHAPTER EIGHT
CHAPTER NINE
CHAPTER TEN
CHAPTER ELEVEN
CHAPTER TWELVE
CHAPTER THIRTEEN
CHAPTER FOURTEEN
CHAPTER FIFTEEN
CHAPTER SIXTEEN
CHAPTER SEVENTEEN
CHAPTER EIGHTEEN
CHAPTER NINETEEN
CHAPTER TWENTY
CHAPTER TWENTY-ONE
CHAPTER TWENTY-TWO
CHAPTER TWENTY-THREE
CHAPTER TWENTY-FOUR
CHAPTER TWENTY-FIVE
CHAPTER TWENTY-SIX
CHAPTER TWENTY-SEVEN
CHAPTER TWENTY-EIGHT
CHAPTER TWENTY-NINE
CHAPTER THIRTY
CHAPTER THIRTY-ONE
CHAPTER THIRTY-TWO
CHAPTER THIRTY-THREE
CHAPTER THIRTY-FIVE
CHAPTER THIRTY-SIX
CHAPTER THIRTY-SEVEN
CHAPTER THIRTY-EIGHT
CHAPTER THIRTY-NINE
CHAPTER FORTY
CHAPTER FORTY-ONE
CHAPTER FORTY-TWO
CHAPTER FORTY-THREE
CHAPTER FORTY-FOUR
CHAPTER FORTY-FIVE
CHAPTER FORTY-SIX
CHAPTER FORTY-SEVEN
CHAPTER FORTY-EIGHT

CHAPTER THIRTY-FOUR

8 0 0
By _mitch_writes

Martha scurried along behind me, nervously fiddling with her hands. I laughed internally at her and she just smiled at me trying to hide it. For once she was quiet and it showed just how serious she was taking this. The elders were serious people and they weren't going to let Martha go without a fight. I just wished I could convince them simply.

We walked through the quiet village in the early hours of the morning and Martha stopped at the door of the elders' hut. She raised her knuckle and stopped just before it touched the wood. I heard her breathe deeply and watched her knock gently on the door. The small noise seemed to echo around the village.

I watched her body tense up as the door opened revealing the witch elder, probably sensing Martha's magic. Martha curtsied and spoke in a quiet voice.

"May I ask for a meeting with you? There is a matter I wish to discuss." The elder nodded and allowed Martha to enter the hut. The door was swiftly shut in my face and I rolled my eyes. They obviously thought I had more sway than I really did.

I could tell Martha just wanted to see the world. She was tired of being trapped between trees being careful to never venture too far due to the horror stories of humans. It was true that humans were ungodly creatures that persecuted those who were different and the magics could have easily defeated them together but we chose to stand apart. The kingdoms fell. I hoped that with everything Anna and Atlas were doing that the four kingdoms the elders spoke about could one day rise again.

I walked back to the fields and looked out from the bench to the farthest trees. The dark trees loomed in the backdrop of the scenery and was a heavy reminder of the price that the elves bore. The few that lived in this village were most likely the last ones alive. I looked out and didn't see Thalia out in the fields. I hoped she was packing to leave for Borealis.

"Eva! They said I can! Isn't that amazing?" Martha came skipping and screaming, waking up anyone who was still asleep. Her face wore a huge grin stretching ear to ear I was worried her face might split in two.

I got up from the bench and hugged her as she embraced me. Then, she ran off to her hut to pack her things. I smiled and watched her start talking to herself about what she thought she would need.

"If the world is as safe as you make out to be, she wont be in any danger out there. But you will protect her." The elder stood next to me also watching Martha.

I kept my eyes forward, "Of course. She has a bright spirit and I can't imagine anything breaking that. The world is changing and I will protect with everything I have."

I looked to the elder and saw her nodding.

"We haven't had change here for decades. When your mother chose to leave, we never expected her to make it five feet outside the forest. Here you are; a stark reminder that the old ways have to change. I heard that a certain elf has asked permission to leave, too. If things change out there, come back for us."

I gave her my word and we began to talk about how the village works. She explained how the elves are the only reason they are all alive due to their special bond with nature. Nothing would grow here without them. She then told me how the witches help protect the village and the werewolves are warriors in case of battle. Even though they are different people, they created a coven, pack and drove together.

Soon the other elders joined me and we spoke of all sorts. As we walked back towards the gate where Martha had about five bags surrounding her, a soldier approached the elders.

He bowed before speaking, "There is a wolf in the forest. He isn't from the pack but is definitely tracking something."

"Is the wolf white?" I asked him and he nodded furiously.

"Completely white." I smiled and turned to the elders.

"He is my beta. He will be tracking my scent trying to find me." The women looked to each other before nodding and allowing me to follow the soldier back into the forest.

I followed the soldier and he stopped at a small clearing where six soldiers were pointing their spears at a white wolf growling in the centre of them. His ears were flat against his head and he was low to the ground. I watched as he snapped at the closer spears before cowering down, his tail between his legs. He was afraid.

"Lower your weapons!" I yelled and none of them listened. I groaned, angry at their silence and turned to the soldier I had followed.

"Tell them to lower their weapons. He won't hurt anyone." The man nodded and the soldiers lowered their weapons allowing the wolf to walk to me. I pushed past the soldiers and got in front of the wolf watching his body language change. I smiled at him and stroked his head.

"Hello, Convel." He licked my hand and a soldier threw him some clothes. They were simple trousers and a shirt with no shoes like all citizens in the village.

I turned and allowed Convel to get changed. I heard the cracking of bones and his panting stopped. The rustle of clothing signaled he was changing and when it stopped, I turned to look at Convel.

"Luna." Convel bowed and smiled at me. He couldn't quite look at me in the eye and I felt he was guilty of following me after I left without him.

"Convel, you followed me here." He stood up and took my hands. I wasn't angry as I expected this but he had disobeyed my orders.

"I'm sorry Luna but I had to. There's something you need to know." I shook my head and instead lead him back to the village.

"Whatever it is can wait. Let us speak in the safety of the village and allow the elders to see you."

"No! It can't. I am sorry Luna but it's the alpha. He's in trouble." I turned to him and stopped breathing.

"Where is Atlas?" Convel's head fell.

"Convel, tell me."

"His brother trapped him in the dungeon. I tried to stop him but it was too late. Atlas told me to find you and that you would help him. I delivered the letter but I don't know if he read it or not. He loves you, though."

I looked at him in disbelief. Atlas was supposed to be king and now he is trapped by Noet. I knew there was a reason I didn't trust him!

"Convel, let's go back to the village. We will head back to Borealis and form an army big enough to take down Derever. I know they have a strong force but we need to free Atlas and all the people that are being persecuted because they are different."

"Aren't you upset, Luna?" I turned to Convel, my eyes dark.

"Yes! Of course I am upset. But I am angry, scared but most importantly I am hopeful. I have no time for tears Convel. My soulmate is in danger and I need to get him back. I need to protect the world and restore what was lost all those years ago." I stormed back to the village with Convel following slowly behind me. When we reached the village, he wandered off but I was too focused to truly notice.

"Eva, is everything okay?" The elders approached me.

"Elders, I respectfully would like to talk to your people." They once again looked at each other.

"My soulmate is in trouble. He needs rescuing. As well as this, all the kingdoms need to be freed from those who persecute and bully different people. Derever has always been the worst for this. Yes, change is happening but we cannot guarantee that things won't revert back. For once let's rise up together. Look around you. Isn't this proof enough that all creatures can live in harmony, all be it in hiding but it is possible."

"Eva, last time we fought against the humans, we lost." The elf elder spoke to me.

"Yes, because we weren't fighting together. Let's join forces and fight together. Let me speak to your people. Let's free everyone. Elders, you speak of wanting the world to be safe but if you stay here, things will never change. We have to act and now is the time to strike."

They looked at each other and I could see the arguments going on in their heads. A crowd had gathered around us and were watching intently.

"Let's fight together!" I heard someone in the crowd yell out.

"We can win this!"

"I am sick of living in fear!"

"It looks like the people will follow you Eva. We will allow you to take those who want to fight for their freedom."

I bowed low, "When we win, I'll be back." 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

110K 4.8K 67
Book One of a three part series 18+ will contain mature content TW - mentions of rape, gore, abuse, sex, death "Watch your tone Lillian or you will...
3.9K 633 21
In every werewolves life they wait for their eighteenth birthday with zeal. That is because they get their mates. I was one of those people waiting f...
14 4 4
"Danger is coming...as sure as that storm is. And it's headed straight for you. Beware the wings of darkness lest they devour you." The last thing se...
2.5K 217 9
After receiving news that changes her life, 23-year-old shy Evangeline Willows discovers a secret world that changes everything she knows. Discoverin...