Symmetrical Attraction

By masteraceae

DTK x GN Reader You're not sure why this boy freaked out about the symmetry of your weapons, but you're not e... More

!!Set-Up!!
Chapter 1: Meister?
Chapter 2: Lord Death
Chapter 3: Dreaming
Chapter 4: Stripes
Chapter 5: Symmetry
Chapter 6: Doodling
Chapter 7: Tour
Chapter 8: Hangout
Chapter 9: Truth
Chapter 10: Dare
Chapter 11: Hurt (Kid's POV)
Chapter 12: Do I? (Kid's POV)
Chapter 13: Awake (Kid's POV)
Chapter 14: That got me thinking...
Chapter 15: Maka
Chapter 16: Class
Chapter 17: So Uncomfortable
Chapter 18: Lunch
Chapter 19: The Art Returns
Chapter 20: Frozen (Kid's POV)
A/N
Chapter 21: Skateboard
Chapter 22: Skating Without the Board
Chapter 23: Death the Asymmetrical (Kid's POV)
Chapter 24: Fast Food
Chapter 25: Let It All Out
Chapter 26: We Didn't!
Chapter 27: The Mall
Chapter 28: Mansion
Chapter 29: Sure
Chapter 30: Before
Chapter 31: Shall We Dance?
Chapter 32: Grey Blanket
Chatper 34: My Weapon
Chapter 35: Body
Chapter 36: Birthday
Chapter 37: Afternoon
Chapter 38: Party
Chapter 39: Symmetrical Attraction
Part 2?

Chapter 33: Death Room

739 16 3
By masteraceae

The girls bullied us all day Sunday about it and wouldn't stop talking about during school either.

Kid and Liz are still in the classroom.

"It was late, okay?"

"(Y/n) was wearing your pants!"

"Is it not enough that we were at least wearing pants?"

"You were on top of each other!"

I can't take it anymore. "Liz!" I run over, "Stop," I look over to Kid and he seems a little nervous. He probably thinks I'm gonna out him to them.

"I'm not into that kind of thing," I tell her.

"You're a teenager, getting a little sexy is normal, you don't need to deny-"

"Liz. I'm not into it." I peek over at Kid before adding on, "I'm ace."

(A/N: Whether you're actually ace or just saying it to not out Kid is up to you.)

"What does that mean?"

"Exactly what I said it meant," I take Kid's hand and avoid explaining it or having Liz think I'm weird for it. Especially if her opinions on that are gonna affect Kid.

"Hey, you finally wore something different for once," I laugh when I notice Kid in a white vest over a black button down as we walk through the hall.

"Of course, you told me I didn't own enough and I wanted to prove my closet was more diverse than you thought," He states.

The memory comes back to me:
"When we go shopping for the dance I won't buy anything that isn't symmetrical. Your closet needs more balance."

"Your closet needs more, period."

He listened?

We head to the cafeteria, but instead of sitting with the girls, we sit on the other side with Tsubaki and Black*Star.

"Sorry for making things tense with them, Kid, I just got kinda tired of no one believing me," I look down, "It's totally not like it happens a lot," I sarcastically say, flashing my knives for a short second to get my point across.

"(Y/N), do you want me to teach you about souls and stuff? We're not doing anything tonight, so if you want, I can try and explain some concepts to you," He turns to me in his chair.

"Sure, I've been here for about a week and learned nothing," I joke.

"We can do it in my room, there's some books in there if I'm not good enough at explaining,"

"What are y'all doing in his room?" Soul turns to us from across the table.

"I'm not doing this again," I stand up and leave the table. I'm not exactly sure where to go, but I left.

Kid's POV

"(Y/N)!" I called to them, but they just kept walking.

"Damn, what's up with them today?" Black*Star laughs about (Y/N) and looks around the table to get responses. Most of the people around him look away, but Soul goes along with him, "They're just mad that we all know."

"They're not very good at hiding it," Black*Star keeps talking.

"Maybe they're menstr-"

"Fuck you guys," I'm not hanging out with people who think about (Y/N) like this. I leave my lunch at the table but grab (Y/N)'s bag pretty aggressively. I run to the hallway they left out of and start to search the school for them. I climb down every stairwell, check every room, even the bathrooms, and don't find them until I circle all the way to the nurse's office.

"(Y/N)!" I run over and sit at the edge of the bed, "There you are,"

"Kid, you didn't have to come get me," They lower the blanket covering their face and there are tears running all the way down from those symmetrical eyes.

"Look, I don't want to rush you out of here, but Stein isn't the kind of guy who's gonna let you stay in here," I put my hand on their shoulder.

"I don't want to go back to class," I finally notice (Y/N)'s daggers sitting in their hands.

"Here, I've got a better place, we don't have to go back." I wrap my arm around their shoulders and help them to stand up. I wish we could just stay here forever, but it just won't work like that.

"Where are we going?" I don't think they've even been to the Death Room yet, so it won't help to tell them where we're going.

"Somewhere...safer."

I lead them through the halls, staying conscious of their anxiety about the daggers being seen. We walk through the long path surrounded by guillotines, but they barely take notice. (Y/N) is still busy staring at the knives in their hands.

"Hello Kiddo, is something wrong? Oh, something is..." Of course something is wrong, why else would I be in here in the middle of a school day?

"Yes, father. This is (Y/N), they're having a difficult time right now and weren't going to be able to make it through the rest of class." I glare at him to make sure he knows I'm serious. "I brought them here, trusting that you'd allow it."

"Of course!" We stand in silence for a couple seconds without moving.

"Would you like me to leave?"

"Preferably."

He listens, and leaves the two of us alone in the Death Room. I bring (Y/N) over to a chair and help them sit down. I seat myself on the floor in front of them.

"You didn't have to take us both out of class," (Y/N) tells me.

"Of course not, but I was getting pretty tired of some of them. One day off won't hurt. Well, maybe it'll hurt my math grade, but that's alright," I got (Y/N) to smile a bit, so I'm happy.

"I get that they're just trying to be funny, but..." They fiddle with their fingers.

"I get how you feel."

"Thanks for not being like them, I guess," Of course I'm not like them, none of them randomly asked you to move in with them without discussing it without everyone else in their house. None of them have cried in your arms and fallen asleep on you. None of them have had a painfully massive crush on you since your first day.

"Of course," Is all I can manage to say. We're alone, I could totally say it all right now, but I'm just scared.

"Uh, I brought your lunch," I pick up the paper bag and hand it to them.

"Oh, thanks," They start to eat, but stop and ask me, "Do you not have anything?"

"I left mine in the cafeteria,"

"You're telling me you picked up my lunch to bring to me but didn't think to grab your own so you could eat?"

"Didn't we talk about me not being all that smart?"

"Here," (Y/N) hands me an apple out of their lunch. I can't control the smile on my face. Maybe it's more than crushing.

Your POV - Gallow's Manor, Kid's Room

Kid pulls out the chair at his desk for me and rolls over another one from the other side for himself.

"You have no prior knowledge of souls, correct?"

"I know absolutely nothing," I scratch my head, "Oh! I know one thing: A sound soul dwells within a sound mind and sound body!"

"Well, that's a start, I guess?" He laughs at me. He cracks his knuckles and begins lecturing, "Meisters, which are people like you and myself, are warriors who fight and battle with the weapon forms of 'demon weapons', humans who can transform into traditional weapons."

"Like Liz and Patty, right?"

"Yep,"

"Weapons and meisters need to be compatible to work safely and effectively. This depends on personalities as well as something called wavelengths," Kid goes on to explain wavelengths, resonance, meister types, soul perception, wavelength control, and a bunch of rare techniques. At this point my brain is ready to explode.

"There's obviously a lot more to talk about, but I don't want to hurt you,"

"Thanks," I rub my forehead, "I got a little lost, but it makes a little more sense now, too."

"Good to know," He brushes my hair behind my ears and smiles close to my face.

Is he...

"There, now you're more symmetrical,"

Of course not. Don't get your hopes up.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

119K 2.7K 15
◢◤◢◤◢◤◢◤◢◤◢◤◢◤ ❝ 𝙘𝙖𝙣 𝙞 𝙠𝙞𝙨𝙨 𝙮𝙤𝙪? ❞ 𝘢 𝘴𝘵𝘰𝘳𝘺 𝘸𝘩𝘦𝘳𝘦 𝘺𝘰𝘶 𝘮𝘦𝘦𝘵 𝘬𝘪𝘭𝘭𝘶𝘢 𝘰𝘯 𝘸𝘩𝘢𝘭�...
23.2K 1K 15
You've awoken from your coma but nothing is the same. The black blood inside of you is driving you insane and a new threat, even more powerful than S...
262K 7K 34
Death the kid has had a massive crush on you for ages, and you felt the same way. A story that has romance devotion and real love.
307K 7.3K 45
You are just one of twelve death scythes scattered around the world. You are the youngest female death scythe while Justin is the youngest male death...