like the wind | xiao x reader

By mndotjp

xiao x fem! reader - updating xiao's gaze lingered as he examined you from head to toe, "you.. summoned me?" ... More

0 | disclaimer
1 | summon
2 | contract
3 | bounded
4 | entangled
5 | memories
6 | deal
7 | closer
happy birthday, xiao
8 | parallel
10 | dreams
11 | letter
12 | meeting
character preview
13 | bother
14 | nightmares
15 | lost
16 | interfere
17 | altered memory
18 | gift
19 | children of guizhong
20 | awhile
ad meliora | circe
21 | regrets
22 | key
23 | fleeting
24 | well
25 | night sky
26 | remnant
27 | a speck of memoir
28 | blague

9 | dreams

11.2K 556 964
By mndotjp

nightmares are also dreams to look forward to.

| (first name) |

"aether?" xiao mouthed as your eyes were glued to the blond with his floating friend.

"i feel like i know them.." you told xiao as you tugged his arm

"can we talk to them?" you asked while you were already walking towards them

"stop." xiao said as he pulled you back from walking

"i know him." xiao followed with his words.

"it would be inappropriate to barge him in with sudden questions.. let's go back to the inn." he mouthed as he urged you to go back to wangshu inn.

"but we might not see him again!" you told him as xiao loudly sighed.

"why are you so hard headed." he faced you and grabbed your hand.

"i am not." you rebutted

"that wasn't a question." he once again sighed as he was holding your hand on the way back to the inn.

"but how will we meet him again.." you quietly mumbled.

"i told you. i know him. we'll send a letter for a formal meeting."

"for now.. i need to see your dreams."

×

"get to bed." xiao ordered you around.

"..do i really have to" you mumbled

"(first name). if i repeat myself one more time you'll be sleeping permanently." xiao said as he sat on the bed.

and with that you suddenly jumped on the bed and tugged his arm, "h-haha that wouldn't be necessary, mr. adeptus. g-good night!" you said as you hid your whole body inside the blanket.

"i thought so." xiao said as you heard him chuckle a little.

"here." you said as you stuck your hand out of the cover.

| xiao |

"here." she said as she stuck her hand out of the big blanket.

"you're not asleep yet." i told her as i took her hand anyways.

"i'll sleep now!" she loudly said below the cover.

i stared at the blanket for about 3 minutes, "are you not hot in there..?" i quietly asked as i took off the blanket covering her face,

and in such a short amount of time, she really did fell asleep.

her (hair color) colored locks scattered through her face, i tried sweeping the stray locks away from her face, but i was afraid to wake her up.

"such a fragile human.." i mouthed as i concentrated to fully look into her darkest kept memories.

×××

"(first name)!" the kid yelled as he ran towards his older sister.

"what is it, yue?" (first name) asked him.

"who's this man?" the child whispered to his sister as the lady chuckled.

"is he gonna follow us back home too?" he whispered once more.

"i think he'll follow us all the time now." (first name) whispered back which her brother did not take very pleasantly.

"e-eh? but!" he yelled out and tugged (first name) closer. "..he's a man!" he loudly whispered

(first name) chuckled loudly as her brother was left confused.

"kid y'know i can hear you, right?" the demon with long golden hair snickered.

"he can hear us even if we're this far!" yue exaggerated.

"still can hear you." the demon commented as he gave the both of them a smile.

"yue.. he's gonna have to follow us around for a long long time." (first name) carefully explained as she knelt down and held his brother's face, "with him around, you won't get sick anymore."

"with him around.. you'll grow up to be something so wonderful." (first name) told his younger brother then gave him a hug.

"why do you feel so sad..?" his brother questioned her.

"shouldn't you be happy..?" he asked once more.

"i just don't know if i can live long enough to see you grow up." (first name) forced a laugh while she was still hugging her brother.

"hey don't say jokes like that.. i'll let that guy follow us around now.. you can't leave me.." yue quietly mumbled.

all that (first name) could do was smile.

she couldn't utter a yes, or a definite answer that she'll be there.

she could only smile.

"i'd give my life for you.. that's for sure." she once again mouthed as another memory buzzed in..

×

"hey," (first name) sat beside the demon.

"you're not usually awake to chatter with me," the demon welcomed her.

"feel free to call me circe, (first name)." he followed as (first name) nodded.

"so what pleasure do i owe you for this conversation?" he asked (first name) as he extended his hand towards her.

(first name) took his hand and mumbled, "your hands are cold.."

"the wind within my palms are unfortunately just cold. i can't warm you up." circe said as he let go of (first name)'s hand

"i just wanted to know.." she said as she quickly tugged back his hand,

"how much time do i have left?"

"my, my." circe said with a smile.

"you have a long life to live." circe said as he gave her a smile.

"that was before.. right?"

"you took half of it.. and didn't i exchange my fate with yue?" she questioned him.

"do you regret it?" he asked as he looked far within the horizon of qingyun peak.

"no." (first name) quickly answered.

"to know my only family will live well.. is enough for me." she explained.

"you're quite selfless." he said.

"your brother is dying, and you gave half your life to me."

"now you're dying and yet you don't seem like you regret any of your decision."

"you're weird."

"humans aren't supposed to be like you.." circe mumbled as he looked at (first name) in the eye.

"you're supposed to ask for money.. fame.. and wonders of this world."

the demon went on and on, "and yet you're just here."

"accepting death as it is."

"you didn't answer my question yet, circe." (first name) mumbled as she tightened her grasp within his hand.

"you have 4 months to live."

"4 months.." she mumbled and stared at the moon

"..more than enough i guess."

×

rel: i forgot to publish this chapter im sorry dndndj

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

5.5K 292 32
❝ π™°πšπšπš’πš—πš’πšπš’: 𝙰 πš—πšŠπšπšžπš›πšŠπš•, πšŠπš•πš–πš˜πšœπš πš’πš–πš–πšŽπšπš’πšŠπšπšŽ πš•πš’πš”πš’πš—πš πšπš˜πš› 𝚊 πš™πšŽπš›πšœπš˜πš—, πšπš‘πš’πš—πš πš˜πš› πš’πšπšŽπšŠ. ❞ In every lif...
416K 17.3K 30
kazuha x fem! reader - complete "excuse me? this is my car." she said and clutched her bag. - an undercover idol around the streets of tokyo meets tr...
35.2K 1.1K 67
Hallo! this is a story and work of fiction, any names mentioned is purely coincidental and characters belong to their rightful owner, credits to the...
4.4K 129 9
You had just rolled for Zhongli and somehow lost a few of your memories when landing in Teyvat! What will your presence bring? REQUESTS ARE OPEN: LIM...