LGBTQ+: Labels and more

By LGBTQIA_safety_sheep

Hey guys, gals and non-binary pals! This book filled with labels, their definitions, as well as things and ar... More

Gay
Lesbian
Bisexual
Pansexual
Transgender
Non-binary
Aromantic
Asexual
Abrosexual
Genderfluid
Polyamorous
Vincian
Two spirit
Neopronouns
Intersex
Agender
Demisexual
Polysexual
Ceterosexual
Omnisexual
Greysexual
Placiosexual
Aroflux
Bigender
Genderqueer
Trigender
Cupiosexual
Pangender
Demigirl
Demiboy
Demigender
Xenogender
Omnigender
Lithromantic
Polygender
Androgyne
Genderflux
Quoisexual
Homoflexible
Autosexual
Catgender
Aporagender
Genderfae
Genderfaun
Neptunic
Uranic
Genderflor
Terms pt. 1
Terms pt. 2
Pomosexual
Bi vs Pan
Mspec lesbian and he/him lesbian
Neutrois
Fraysexual
Aegosexual
Cassgender
Trixic
Myrsexual
Novisexual
Toric
Gender apathetic
Terms pt. 4
Ambiamorous
Boyflux
Girlflux
Voidpunk
Solarian
Lunarian
Terms pt.5
I'm sorry (Was Important)
Neurogender
Greygender
Acespike
Gendervoid
Finsexual
Minsexual
Paragender
Viramoric
Feminamoric
Oriented aroace & angled aroace
Libragender
TLT (Trans loving trans)
Panfluid
Juxera
Proxvir
Bellusromantic
Theygender
Fluidflux
Asexuality - misconceptions and stereotypes!
Caedsexual
Alexigender
Parosexual
Nixic
Terms pt.6
Yumesexual
Maverique
Desinoromantic
Implagender
Reciprosexual
Bxy
Māhū
Gynesexual
Gxrl
Demifluid
Paraboy
Amid
Kinnar/kinner
Intergender
Bigenderprox
Femache
Librafeminine
Quoimasc

Terms pt. 3

640 26 43
By LGBTQIA_safety_sheep

PASSING

A trans person being accepted as, or able to "pass for", a member of their self-identified gender identity (regardless of sex assigned at birth) without being identified as trans. Can also mean a LGBTQ+ individual who is believed to be or perceived as straight.

QUEER (CONTROVERSAL)

Lavender was used because it's a queer colour.

White is used because in white light there are all the colours of the rainbow.

The shape was chosen because it is not straight.

The shades of pink next to each other and shades of blue next to each other represent same-gender attraction.

The orange and green are for non-binary people.

Black and white are for asexual, aromantic, and agender spectrum people.

Queer is often used as an umbrella term for those in the LGBTQ+ community (though not all people in the LGBTQ+ community identify as queer). The most common definition is someone who is not cishet/someone with variant experiences with orientation, gender, and/or sex. One may identity as queer in addition to another identity (ie, queer gay, queer bisexual, etc.) It can also be used be as an orientation on its own or as gender identity. As an identity on its own it is often found useful by, but is not exclusive to:

•People who have a complicated identity that is difficult to explain with a single term.

•People whose relationships/orientation cannot be classified using gay, straight, or other common terms due to being non-binary.

•People who are unsure of their identity, but know they aren't straight.

•People who are not straight but do not want to label themselves with a more specific term.

It can also be a slur or insult on some cases, but many don't consider it one anymore. It depends on the person, however.

QUEERPLATONIC

Yellow is commonly used to symbolize platonic relationships.

Pink is possibly used because it is a light form of red, which is commonly used to represent romantic attraction, showing that queerplatonic relationships can sometimes resemble romantic relationships but that they are different nonetheless.

Queerplatonic Attraction (also known as Quasiplatonic Attraction, Quirkyplatonic Attraction, or Qplatonic Attraction) is a form of attraction experienced mainly, but not exclusively, by a-spec people. It is characterized by a desire to have a queerplatonic relationship with someone in particular.

A queerplatonic relationship is a type of relationship that isn't sexual or romantic, but signifies a more intense level of commitment, companionship, and/or love than a platonic friendship.

Individuals in queerplatonic relationships might refer to each other as their queerplatonic partner (QPP), marshmallow/mallowfriend, or as "zucchini", a term that was originally a joke in the a-spec community about lacking a word to properly describe the term, so they could just use any word they want, like zucchini.

Queerplatonic attraction can be very similar to platonic attraction and alterous attraction.

A queerplatonic crush is most commonly called a squish (the same as a platonic crush).

QUESTIONING

There is no known meaning for the colours.

Questioning is the process of exploring, learning, or experimenting with what one's gender, sexual orientation, romantic orientation, or another part of one's identity is. Questioning can happen at any age, and can take anywhere from days to years. Questioning is normal for anyone, whether they turn out to actually be LGBTQ+ or not.

Questioning can describe both the process of exploring one's identity and the person who is in the process of questioning.

SEX-AVERSE

It features a circled dash, a special defined operation similar to subtraction, representing the similarity to sex-repulsion.

Sex-averse is a term that is used most commonly by asexual and other ace-spec individuals to indicate that they find the idea of personally engaging in NSFW activity undesirable, uninteresting, uncomfortable, or otherwise unwanted. These feelings towards personally engaging in intercourse can range from dislike or discomfort to intense fear or disgust, but sex-averse people aren't repulsed by the idea of intercourse in general. They don't mind others engaging in NSFW activity or discussion. They themselves may enjoy discussing such topics, telling NSFW jokes, or consuming NSFW media.

For some people, the sex-aversion only applies to the act of intercourse; for others, the aversion may extend to other NSFW acts. Some people may experience varying levels of sex-aversion.

Someone who is sex-averse may also potentially identify as apothisexual, ARCsexual, or discarnal.

SEX-FAVOURABLE

There is no known meaning for the colours.

Sex-favourable is a term that is most commonly used by asexual and other ace-spec individuals to indicate that they enjoy the act of intercourse or the concept of intercourse. Sex-favourable aces do not typically experience sexual attraction, but they may enjoy intercourse or NSFW acts, and/or seek out sexual relationships. This could be because they enjoy the physical sensation, or because they use intercourse to further enhance a romantic relationship, or for other reasons. Sex-favourability is a complex spectrum for many asexuals.

Some may be favourable toward certain NSFW acts, while feeling indifferent or even repulsed by other acts.

Someone who is sex-favourable may also potentially identify as cupiosexual and/or procarnal (which is under the ARCsexual umbrella).

SEX-INDIFFERENT

There is no known meaning for the colours.

Sex-indifferent, or sex-neutral, is a term that is used by asexual and other ace-spec individuals to indicate that they have no strong feelings about intercourse. Sex-indifferent asexuals are not repulsed by intercourse, but they also do not have any particular positive feelings about intercourse. For some asexuals, this means that they are indifferent toward the idea of being involved in intercourse themselves, for other asexuals it means that they are indifferent toward the idea of intercourse in general.

They may or may not engage in NSFW activities for the pleasure of a partner, reproduction, economic reasons, artistic expression, etc but they have no strong feelings one way or the other about intercourse.

Someone who is sex-indifferent may also potentially identify as acarnal (which is under the ARCsexual umbrella).

SEX-REPULSED

There is no known meaning for the colours.

Sex-repulsed is a term that is used most commonly by asexual and other ace-spec individuals to indicate that they find NSFW activity undesirable (perhaps repulsive/disgusting/revolting), uninteresting, or otherwise uncomfortable or unwanted. Sex-repulsion can take many different forms. Some are repulsed by the idea of engaging in intercourse themselves, but are fine with NSFW activity that does not involve them. These people may identify as sex-averse. Other people may be repulsed by the idea of intercourse in general.

For some people, sex-repulsion is only directed at the act of intercourse; for other people, repulsion may extend to other acts. Some people may experience varying amounts of sex-repulsion.

Some people use sex-aversion and sex-repulsion interchangably, but to many these are distinct experiences.

Someone who is sex-repulsed may also potentially identify as apothisexual, ARCsexual, or anticarnal.

SGL (SAME-GENDER LOVING)

Same gender loving is sometimes used by some members of the African-American or Black community to express a non-straight sexual orientation without relying on terms and symbols of European descent.

SOFT BUTCH

There is no known meaning for the colours.

The term soft butch means a butch who does not act very tough, or is all around a softer type of person. This does not mean they are more feminine or "less of a butch" than any other type of butch.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

10.7K 1.1K 80
a book about my life as a transgirl and how i started identifying as genderfluid then found my way to being trans. Also general information and tips...
11K 1K 41
I know using they/them as pronouns seems a little threatening, but there are a lot of people who use it as their pronouns, and this is for them. But...
1.3K 57 45
Love can feel empowering. Love can be deadly. It can be the greatest thing to ever happen. It can be the biggest mistake that can't be reversed. It c...
160K 5K 23
It doesn't matters who you love, if that person reciprocates your feeling. Sometimes being, or getting things to be legal, doesn't help with the prob...